UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am

[ 1 post ] 
Reply to topic
 Future Directions 

Post Future Directions
it's a bit confusing to me but maybe it will interest some people:

http://drgaryseeman.com/INDIVIDUATION%2 ... 20BODY.pdf

While doing the initial research for this study, I came across a number of researchers who extend the work of Pauli and Rhine and confirm psychological changes in the subtle body. My survey remains incomplete because this study demanded a
disciplined focus on analytical psychology and Eastern spirituality. However, I briefly review what I found to suggest directions of future research for myself and others.

Dean Radin (1997) recently published a review of parapsychological research in which he uses the discipline of statistical meta-analysis to demonstrate overwhelming verification of telepathy, clairvoyance, distant viewing, precognition, and psychokinesis. He also offers an excellent review of the tactics of skeptics who strenuously deny the reality of anomalous phenomena and the promoters of a new paradigm that threaten their worldview. Detecting and measuring the human aura. My early research uncovered several researchers who use their own methods to detect and measure the human aura and its transformations. Such measurements can only take place in the subtle realm of bio-energy that exists within the time/space continuum. Research results point to a transcendent, acausal reality, like a Zen roshi who, when asked about satori, points to the moon.

Valerie Hunt earned advanced degrees in psychology and physiology at Columbia University, where she has been a professor, a position she also held at the University of Iowa, and the University of California at Los Angeles (Hunt, 1996). Hunt also had a near-death experience, which awakened her interest in measuring the human energy field and its transformations. Her book, Infinite Mind: Science of the Human Vibrations of Consciousness, documents her measurements of the human aura, its transformations during psychological change and when exposed to strong magnetic fields. She has also correlated her findings with the readings of a panel of experienced clairvoyants who intuitively see the human aura. Her method includes placing electrodes on the skin at
acupoints that correspond with the major chakras. She learned to sense and measure the activity of those chakras when she discovered their frequencies, which match clairvoyants’ intuitions that upper chakras vibrate at progressively higher frequencies than lower ones. Hunt also proposes a mathematical model, using chaos theory, for transformations that occur in the human energy field.

Hiroshi Motoyama holds doctorates in psychology and philosophy. He is an advanced practitioner of Kundalini yoga and the founder of the California Institute for Human Science, which is located in Encinitas, California. He is the author of over 30 books. I obtained his book, Theories of the Chakras: Bridge to Higher Consciousness, and find that most of it presents an excellent summary of comparative chakra teachings and traditional Kundalini yoga practice (Motoyama, 1981). The final chapter offers an intriguing introduction to instruments he has developed to measure the activity of the acupuncture meridians and chakras. In that chapter, he briefly shares findings that confirm correlations between the meridians and organs. His chakra measurements employ multiple, coordinated instrumental modalities by detecting minute electrical, magnetic, and optical expressions of energy. His findings include an observation that people with more active chakras are more susceptible to disease, which he correlates with a progression toward voluntary control of the chakras (pp. 261-267). He relates types of psi ability to corresponding chakras and correlates this finding with the activity of corresponding acupuncture meridians (p. 268). Motoyama also finds that people can experience extra-sensory perception abilities of telepathy, clairvoyance, and psychometry via certain awakened chakras. However, the heart chakra must be awakened to enable strong psychokinetic and psychic healing abilities (p. 269). He notes that an awakened
heart chakra can, however, result in greater frequency of cardiac arrhythmias (p. 271). He instrumentally verifies the subjective experience of a meditator that a chakra is emitting energy. This verification includes photoelectric detection of emissions of light and electrode detection of electric current (pp. 274-278). This is an early book that introduces what must be a large body of research conducted by Motoyama and the students and colleagues at his research institute and school.

Beverly Rubik, a biophysicist who earned her doctorate at University of California, Berkeley, has obtained results similar to Motoyama’s, measuring substantially larger emissions of light from the auras of advanced meditators than from normal subjects (personal communication, 1999). Rubik heads the Institute for Frontier Science. She recently sponsored a visit to San Francisco by Konstantin Korotkov to demonstrate his computerized Kirlian diagnostic imaging technology. She was subsequently featured on the ABC network’s Good Morning America program, where she used Korotkov’s machine to accurately diagnose a previously undisclosed underactive thyroid condition of ABC’s science editor, Michael Guillan. During that program, Guillan mentioned that the United States government’s National Institutes of Health is funding research on human biofields, the scientific term for human auras (Guillan, 2000).
Konstantin Korotkov’s business card lists a variety of credentials from a career in parapsychological research that began in the Soviet Union and continues at Russia’s Saint Petersburg Federal Technical University. His recent book, Aura and Consciousness: New Stage of Scientific Understanding, offers a detailed description of his Kirlian imaging technology and the scientific knowledge he has gathered about various methods of detecting and measuring the human aura. It is full of scientific and engineering details
and offers many correlations that have been made between his instrumental measurements, human health, and psychological conditions. Korotkov’s instrumentation is commercially available at a relatively modest cost.

My research also uncovered a highly technical online article detailing a theory by Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose about microtubules in brain tissue that may more satisfactorily account for computations perceived as consciousness than previous computer-like theories of brain function. This article offers the hypothesis that our consciousness is capable of perceiving quantum events. From these brief and basic ideas I infer that the microtubules discussed in the article may be the mechanism whereby our
physical brains in this time/space continuum interact with the acausal, synchronistic, intelligent, and autonomous Divine Ground of existence (Hameroff & Penrose, 1998).
The initial research I conducted on the current scientific and parapsychological approaches to detecting and measuring transformations in the human subtle body suggest as the topic of a dissertation the attempted correlation of psychological transformation with instrumental scientific subtle body findings.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]