UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 pm

[ 1 post ] 
Reply to topic
 Miracle Repairs 

Post Miracle Repairs
Last week I spent some days in French Pyrénées, where I lived some 30 years ago. This was a strange feeling to see again people with whom I lost contact. I had a deep talk on Sunday with two friends, mostly about coincidences, and what one said about miraculous car repairs made me tell something I seldomly think of, a strange ability I had once to repair electronic devices.
There was a first case around 1963, when I was about 13. My brother's phonograph was out of use. I opened it, had a look, and found the electronic tube had a strange glow. I suggested to change it, and it was successful.
20 years later I had become easier with electronics, yet it was a big problem when my first printer didn't work. I opened it, but it was far more complicated than the old phonograph, dozens of ICs, and no strange glows... Yet I had an idea the problem came from a definite IC, I changed it and it was successful. I told my friends it was a quad inverting gate, and said it was a LM 324. Later on I remembered LM 324 was a quad ampli op, so I was wrong.

When I was back home, on Monday, we watched the last episode of Fringe (3/19), which was aired on Friday in the USA, and probably put on French streaming sites on Sunday with subtitles.

Jung's synchronicity was mentioned in a previous episode (3/17). Here there's an attempt of consciousness transfer between a living person and a dead that reminded me of Son of Frankenstein (or its remake Frankenstein Junior, thanks Bernie), and of 4/4/44 switch between Jung and Haemmerli.
This does not work and the crazy professor Walter decides to send Belly's consciousness towards a computer, but he drops a component that brokes :
Quote:
WALTER: The computer's nearly ready to receive Belly's consciousness. Hand me those tubes, dear. This should snap right in. (drops the tube) Damn my hands!
ASTRID: Walter, it's okay. I can get you another one.
WALTER: There isn't another one. I'll have to modify the ECL 82 tube from my phonograph. And I'll need tinfoil and instant glue and a 60-watt light bulb. And hurry, dear!

I googled ECL 82 and found it was a common amplifier tube used in phonographs. There is a good chance it was the one I changed about 50 years ago, anyhow it must have been an ECL around 80. It was quite incredible to hear from it in Fringe which is a so modern serial. Then I thought of my mistake about the quad ampli 324 = 4 x 81, quite near 82, and I wondered what was the real IC I changed in my printer. I still have it in the attic, and found it was a DM 7404 N, a hexuple inverting gate. I studied a bit this number and did not find anything special in it.
Then today I had a last look at my English blog before I announced on UM my new posts.
http://quaternity4.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html
I had a new idea to add up the five publishing dates of the five books involved,, and the result was 9872. I studied this number, and found it was 4/3 of 7404. This helped me to see that 7404 = 6 x 1234, an interesting number first because 7404 is a hexuple inverter, then for personal reasons. I used this printer to write the first novel I sent to publishers, unsuccessfully. It's only in 1999 that another novel was published, and my obsession of quaternity made me calculate the gematrias of its 14 chapter titles in order to obtain 1234. DM 7404 is a 14-pin IC.
Inverting gates... I have two numbers on UM, 47 as UM accepted member, and 1324 because I was the 1324th candidate. This number appears each time I input a picture.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]