UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 8:07 pm

[ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next
Reply to topic
 Ann's and Suzanne's experiences' blog 

Post light bubbles
Hi,

more on bubbles, Suzanne... this interests me a lot.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... s-bubbles/

kind regards,
pascal

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:39 am

Post Bubble chamber CERN search leads to Remo's work
Hi Pascal, I saw your post but figured I did not have time to say much. I knew vaguely that CERN does or has done some bubble experiments in a cylinder chamber in an outdoor setting. I had saved a picture of it maybe a couple of weeks ago. Here it is:

Well, then I thought that maybe I could find out more about the topic, so I did Bubble chamber CERN search, and these are the results in reverse order in my Google web history:

4:49am Not starred gargamelle-cern.jpg
(The same picture as above was shown here as a thumbnail.)
400 x 300 - 50k
http://www.intentblog.com/archives/­gargamelle-cern.jpg

4:47am Searched for Bubble chamber CERN - Viewed 1 result
Bubble Chambers website - cern.ch
teachers.web.cern.ch/teachers/archiv/­HST2005/bubble.../index.htm

So, I clicked on the Bubble Chamber picture to maybe learn more about it and what the experimenters wanted to discover. Uhhhhhhhhh, instead I wound up on a webpage with an extensive article on synchronicity:

HQR: Burden of Proof, Synchronicity & Applications
DK Matai - March 16, 2007

Quote:
If synchronicity between events can be demonstrated in the bubble chamber of the web via "Web Science" and the "Semantic Web" via correlations with individual and world events to rising awareness of global risk and opportunity challenges within climate chaos, radical poverty, energy and geo-politics, organised crime and extremism, emergent new technologies -- robotics, genetics, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and informatics -- demographic skews, pandemics, water shortages and financial markets trends, we will be able to show Synchronicity's blazing trail as-if in a "Bubble Chamber" of the world wide web in the present and immediate past events and to some extent in the immediate future.....

..... Synchronicity is the coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in the theory of Carl Jung as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality. The concept of synchronicity -- when seen in a wider context -- raises strong questions concerning the existence of "coincidence" at all! Before the concept was known by this name, people often referred to such synchronistic events as portents or omens.

India h(a)s a similar concept, called auspicious coincidence (The Sanskrit word is Pratitya-Samutpada) and/or interdependent co-origination; strongly hinting at the basic definition of synchronicity as a coming together of several factors which, in concert, give rise to a certain situation.

The term "synchronicity" is viewed as the term "coincidence" by those who do not find themselves perceptually within the flow of Consciousness.

With the basic frequency of the environment of the universe increasing, the concept of synchronicity is very important, because the ongoing perception of it is a "marker" of the relationship between one's consciousness and the subjective reality one perceives.....

..... According to Victor Mansfield, in "Synchronicity, Science, and Soul-Making", he states, "Just as invisible matter dominates the physical evolution of the universe, so does the invisible component of the psyche -- the unconscious -- dominate psychological evolution. Yet the conscious part of the psyche plays a critical role because the unconscious is often reacting to it. Although our interest in visible ego consciousness has consumed us, depth psychology has clearly shown that the dark, invisible aspect of the psyche -- the unconscious -- displays a profound wisdom in directing our evolution....."

..... The Quest for Synchronicity is a Search for Divine Intervention

As Marie Louise von Franz wrote: "(...) Jung found further that the mandala does not only mirror an inner state of order, but that its harmony or disharmony encompasses also the surroundings of the individual. Thus a mandala needs a symbol in which the outer and inner world merge. There is for Jung a ultimate reality beyond matter and psyche which he called the unus mundus, its empirical manifestation is the principle of synchronicity because in synchronistic events the inner world behaves as if it were outside and the outer world as if it were inside. As the mandala symbolism expresses the holistic order of matter and psyche it should have been investigated by physicists as well as psychologists because the mandala reappears in their hypothetical models of the atomic world. The atomic model of Niels Bohr is already a cosmic mandala and the models which the physicists construct nowadays to visualize the quarks are also mandalas.

It is therefore a merit of Dr. Remo Roth's book to pick up that neglected subject which is of the utmost importance, and I hope that it will provoke further widespread serious discussion of the subject (...)"

We may ask why are young people of the twenty first century so interested in Spirituality? What prompts Holistic Quantum Relativity to compare the discoveries of quantum physics and relativity with the representations of Far Eastern mystics? What deeper reality might lie behind events demonstrating synchronicity?....

..... It is one of the purposes of HQR to demonstrate that these phenomena are all expressions of an unconscious transformation of the divine image (the Self) which has occurred over the millenia. We can recognize this archetypal process in the beliefs of the mystics, and it had already existed in the early ideas of the Gnostics of the first centuries. In the Middle Ages this process culminated in the visions of the Swiss mystic Nicholas of Flüe and in the alchemical symbolism of Paracelsus. Since this process is deeply archetypal, it is relatively independent of cultural differences. This is why we also find this transformation of the divine image in Buddhistic thinking and in Islamic Sufism.

When the spirit of the collective Supra-Consciousness (acting at spirit-level) desires such a process of transformation, universal-consciousness (acting at mind-level) may indeed repress it, but it will succeed step-by-step and beyond the destructive form via the constructive intentions of the individual and collective consciousness.

The central symbolism of the transformation of the divine image, that is, the central symbolism of Paracelsus' alchemy and of the visions of Nicholas of Flüe, appears again in one of the latest theories of quantum physics, the quark model of Murray Gell-Mann. In the model, quarks and antiquarks constitute the so-called mesons, which are nothing less than nuclear force. The liberation of this force occurs uncontrollably within the bomb and in the nuclear reactors it is freed under control. One of the most important results of the repression of the transformation of divinity's image therefore is the fact that humanity, for the first time in our history, is capable of destroying ourselves and our planet.

In Synchronicity Quest (German title: Die Gottsucher) Remo Roth establishes a correspondence between the central symbols of Christian (and of some Tantric and Sufic) mysticism and several of the central ideas of quantum and elementary particle physics by means of Jungian psychology. When applied to the central contents of cultural development, this method can be represented as follows:

At the beginning of a cultural era some central ideas -- the paradigm of that particular culture -- are constituted. This Zeitgeist consists of archetypal ideas that are believed in without demonstrable proof. As time passes, these ideas change. Psychologically seen, this process corresponds to the transformation of the divine image (the Self). But collective consciousness is unaware of this transformation. Certain individuals, the mystics of the culture concerned, are overwhelmed by visions, which are compensatory to the Zeitgeist, and are rooted in the collective unconscious.

By means of the so-called amplification method developed by C G Jung, Roth endeavours to decode these symbolically encoded visions of Paracelsus and Nicholas of Flüe. In this manner he determines the psychological content of these ideas which are compensatory to the Christian Zeitgeist.

Comparisions with the Germanic God Wotan and with Buddhist and Hinduist philosophy are essential, and parallels with the mystics of the Heart of Jesus Christ and with Islamism Sufism have been demonstrated. The principle result of the psychological interpretation of these compensatory ideas from the collective unconscious consists in the transformation of the old Zeitgeist into the new, a transformation which is in constellation at present. This new Zeitgeist corresponds to a new collective consciousness, the paradigm of the post-religious era, which so many people are searching for today.

In Synchronicity Quest (Die Gottsucher) the example of the early Christian gnostics is used to demonstrate the method adopted. In this manner one can precisely reveal the phenomena of "absolute" or "preconscious knowledge" in the collective unconscious and its compensatory function in relation to consciousness, both recognized by C G Jung.

Roth then deals with the Christian idea of the trinity, which consists of two hypotheses. In the idea of the homoousie, the same essence constitutes the three persons of the godhead; in mathematical terms the three are one. This paradox is solved by postulating one unique energy behind the three. The second idea is that of the so-called filioque, which sees the Holy Spirit as originating from the Father and also from the Son. Symbolically seen, "father" and "son" are opposites. In a psychological language the filioque states therefore that the archetype of the spirit as the third symbolizes the union of these opposites. This leads to the important conclusion that, with the inclusion of the third (the archetype of the Spirit) within the first and second, we must take into consideration the ambivalent twoness of the third. The third and therefore the number three are always duplex. The Fathers of the religious order could not accept this conclusion. Therefore, as an archetypal necessity, a compensatory antitrinity of matter was postulated in alchemy philosophy. Since then this trinitarian "spirit of matter" lives as the hostile brother of the Divine Trinity. One of the most important tasks of the post-religious era may therefore be to effect a union of the Divine Trinity and the alchemical antitrinity on a higher level. This union occurs as the phenomenon of the so-called synchronicity as delineated by C G Jung.

Roth describes the archetypal process of the transformation of the divine image which, because of the resistance of the relegious heads, developed unconsciously. The heads could not accept the archetypal, ambivalent twoness of the third (of the Holy Spirit or the archetypal spirit); consequently, the dark side of the spirit was cut off and devoured as evil. This "spirit of the earth", which the Fathers of the Church falsely called Satan, was projected onto women -- in history -- and also to the lower classes. The consequences of this diabolising and repression of the "light of nature" (Paracelsus) were the Inquisition and the burning of witches in Europe.

In contrast, the alchemist philosophers dealt with this diabolized aspect of the ambivalent archetype of the spirit and by doing so followed the archetypal process of God's transformation, in constellation since the turn of the millenium. This concept begins with the fall of the divine man (Anthropos) into matter (macrocosmic level) or in the instincts of the human body (microcosmic level). From there the Anthropos must be liberated by the human being and led back to the realms of light. To do this the alchemists at first had to differentiate this earthly aspect of the spirit into an antitrinity.

Subsequently, this divinity hidden in matter, in the drives of the human body and in the female principle was able to return to the heavenly realms. Psychologically, this process involves the construction of a renewed upper image of Divinity, consisting of the three principles, logos, meditation and eros, which develop out of the socalled triad of drives: aggression, exploration and sexuality. This renewed image of divinity implies a reunion of the opposites of the two trinities, a reunion represented by the famos distinctive sign of alchemy, the Seal of Solomon or the Star of David, which HQR has discussed at length.

Symbolically seen, the third represents the concept of energy, which is why this new image of divinity has to contain the ambivalent energy. In addition to the concept of physical energy it also contains what Jung called objective psychic energy. The relatively simultaneous effects of these energies can be observed in synchronistic phenomena. Out of the compensatory antitrinity a renewed upper trinity, composed of logos, meditation and eros, is built up in the four-step -- four forces -- alchemical opus.

Paracelsus developed an antitrinity of matter compensatory to the trinity, which we can equate with the instinctive principles of aggression, exploration and sexuality. Out of this compensatory antitrinity a renewed upper trinity, composed of logos, meditation and eros, is built up in the four-step alchemical opus. In this renewed image of divinity the upper trinity replaces the old, exclusively male one, and with eros it also contains the female principle. Together with the instinctive trinity of aggression, exploration and sexuality it forms the new double trinitarian image of Divinity - thereby giving birth to the new Zeitgeist. The principle tool for developing this new Zeitgeist is the Body Centered Visualisation or - in the case of illness - the Symptom Symbol Transformation, a method that combines the method of active imagination developed by C G Jung with intuitive concepts of Paracelsus about the subtle body, and is based on the concept of synchronicity.....

HAVE FUN!!! -- this is a long and fascinating webpage that we can make into quite a discussion topic:

http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2007 ... _of_p.html

Suzanne

P.S. There are 33 very informative comments from readers at the bottom of the article page.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am
Profile Personal album

Post ok, how about interconnected bubbles?
Hi Suzanne,

that was really something... here's an image that I 'needed' to see:

I had hints over time that the bible is a medical / quantum book and some of the material I've read from the links confirms that for me. This may be way off, but I see this 'quaternity' as 4 sets of 'interactions' (x3 each) which equals 12... The more I've delved into gnositicsm I find more confirmation about the apostles (12) being modes of being - but now I take that further 'down' and see that they are potentially cellular interactions...'chemical' messengers.

...just found this:

"If communication transports essentially through space, transmission essentially transports through time. Communication prompts an instantaneous response between parties, by synchronizing and connecting them like a thread: a communicative network runs its course between contemporaries (sender and receiver present to one another simultaneously at either end of the line). Transmission takes its course through time (diachronically), developing and changing as it goes. A thread plus a drama, it links the living to the dead, most often when the senders are physically absent."

Regis Debray, Transmitting Culture

:shock:

more for sure...
pascal

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:25 am

Post Alchemy, BCI, and the Emotional Pain Body
murraycreek Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:16 pm
(moved here to Blog by Suzanne - see my reply below)
murraycreek wrote:
Hi to All,

In reviewing Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now, in Chapter Two, “Consciousness: The Way Out of Pain,”, he writes.

Quote:
Sustained conscious attention severs the link between the pain-body and your thought processes and brings about the process of transmutation. It is as if the pain becomes fuel for the flame of your consciousness, which then burns more brightly as a result. This is the esoteric meaning of the ancient art of alcheny: the transmutation of base metal into gold, of suffering into consciousness. The split within is healed, and you become whole again. Your responsibility then is not to create further pain.

Tolle then goes on to summarize a process that strikes me in several ways as similar to BCI
and which he pinpoints as "the power of Now." In other words, it is thematic or core to his entire teaching which is gaining acceptance in large numbers and around the world.

I have taken the liberty of reformatting Tolle’s instructions into a reminder list.

Quote:
Focus attention on the feeling inside you.

Know that it is the pain-body.

Accept that it is there. Don’t think about it—don’t let the feeling turn into thinking,

Don’t judge or analyze.

Don’t make an identity for yourself out of it.

Stay present and continue to be the observer of what is happening inside you.

Become aware not only of the emotional pain but also of “the one who observes,” the silent watcher.

. . . Then see what happens.

To engage in this process, Tolle explains, is what he means by “the power of the Now”--the power of your own conscious presence.

With love to all,
Ann

E-mail inquiry to Ann from Suzanne
Subject: Re: About your new post - I'll move it now.
Date: 11/13/2010 6:41:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Hi Ann, I will go ahead and move the topic over to the Blog. We personally need this topic. Many readers will need this topic. I just woke up and didn't feel as tired, so I checked my E-mail. No one has replied yet to your post, so this is timely that I can give a brief reply and state it is being moved over to the Blog. I did the Biofeedback before I went to bed last night. I have allowed myself to deteriorate so much that I have not yet gotten my breathing pattern over into the cool blue. And I was over-reacting again last night to the latest money crisis stuff. After I wash some dishes by hand since all our major appliances other than the refrigerator and the top of the stove are no longer working, I have to FOCUS my attention on getting the latest pile of cluttered bills into order. The elder care lady will probably be coming back later this next week. I was so frozen with anxiety and bewilderment that the last time she was here, she had to supervise the filling out of the advocacy form and then took it with her and faxed it immediately to the necessary office. From the ordinary point of view of WHY I get so freaked out about this stuff... my parents used to literally violently fight over money issues which were of course made even far worse by the addition of alcoholism into the brew. The one good thing about one crisis after another is that it exposes to us those raw issues inside that we can cover up when all is going relatively well. Like the holy person who does fine in a cozy cave away from the bustle of the world but is unable to cope down in the village with the usual provocations of interacting with others and/or having responsibilities that have to be attended to. Anyhow, I will go move the post now. Love as always, Actually I may just use most of what I just said here in my reply there. Some folks say they appreciate our openness about our own difficult issues!

SMILE. :? Suzanne

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile Personal album

Post thanks Ann
dear Ann

I really appreciate your several posts of late, reminding us of the Tolle and St. Theresa materials, their immense value as methods, just as Remo's BCI, in aiding us deeply in the struggles encountered in this earthly/bodily existence. Every day I rededicate myself to a contemplative attitude in regard to the viccisitudes of daily experience to the best of my abilities. I have read much of the Tolle material, and find the 'pain body' disscussion to get to the heart of the matter every time. Your simplified list of Tolle's recommendations for 'ease of being' in regard to this pain body 'chimera' (real, but also 'unreal' in the truest sense) is very helpful. Attention to the 'silent watcher' aspect within ourselves does slowly begin to make us aware that there is an ineffable energy at work that can help us to come to terms with living in every moment, no matter what the situation may be -- this sort of 'consciousness raising' activity helps very much in coming to terms with the pressures of living. When I read a post such as Suzannes' above, the recognition of the difficulty of getting by on the earthly plane is brought home yet again. Right now I'm struggling with a virus which has temporarily damaged my Central Nervous System and the day by day has been rather challenging.

Here's wishing everyone the very best in coming to another level of comfort and improvement in whatever their symptoms or difficulties of today.

best regards always,
Kristin

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Post inside out
Hi,

the idea of cavitation and cern being linked just popped into my mind again. Is the idea of time turning inside out a concern? I'm reminded of Terrence McKenna again when in a lecture he described 'all the ages' as having to be lived again between 'now' and 2012. Eventually it would all come back to an atom and be 'handed back to us' once again. This also fits with the idea of the sine wave... well, 2 of them 'meeting' at points in history. "plus" and "minus" I guess, just the same as everything else.

Also, I wonder if collectively we are / have been living the stages of mourning with respect to the loss of the world soul? Seems denial is the way these days...(obvious when you look at the world 'moving on' after ecologically catastrophic events) But on a positive note, I'd have to assume that a great big simultaneous 'healing' would be underway if this is the case. I suppose the opposite is always possible too...it's faster, it's easier, it's 'sexier' to destroy.

kind regards,
pascal

ps - Suzanne, the image you posted a while back (attached) was a real awakening to the 'frustrated artist'...again. I'd heard it once before, but this time it stuck. I guess hearing it the first time was preparation.

In a sense, it is deeply 'engraved' in me now... the angel is doing nothing, pensively.

I grabbed this quote from a site to which I'll link...

"frustration at the gap between artistic and divine creation"

http://www.citizenarcane.com/index.php/ ... -geometry/

Thanks again.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:14 am

Post One and the Many - esoteric little lambs of divine light
pascal b wrote:
Hi,

the idea of cavitation and cern being linked just popped into my mind again. Is the idea of time turning inside out a concern? I'm reminded of Terrence McKenna again when in a lecture he described 'all the ages' as having to be lived again between 'now' and 2012. Eventually it would all come back to an atom and be 'handed back to us' once again. This also fits with the idea of the sine wave... well, 2 of them 'meeting' at points in history. "plus" and "minus" I guess, just the same as everything else.

Also, I wonder if collectively we are / have been living the stages of mourning with respect to the loss of the world soul? Seems denial is the way these days...(obvious when you look at the world 'moving on' after ecologically catastrophic events) But on a positive note, I'd have to assume that a great big simultaneous 'healing' would be underway if this is the case. I suppose the opposite is always possible too...it's faster, it's easier, it's 'sexier' to destroy.

kind regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, This is very meaningful indeed what you said above in regard to a vision experience I had earlier in the evening. I have been using my biofeedback program on and off and not very consistently since I got the updated version that will work on my new computer. There is an electronic graph where it is possible to see the heart rate zig-zagging up and down with numbers given for the rate and other stuff. There is also a color bar that goes from right to left that gives the supposed degree of relaxation and something called "coherence" I think. Anyhow, the goal which is not to be forced is to wind up with an ongoing blue color that indicates some kind of heart and breath rate compatibility. With the old version some years ago, I used to be able to get into that blue mode and stay there for quite a few minutes at a time. But my present anxiety levels have been very resistant to getting tamed down. A couple of days ago, though, I noticed that when I felt tired watching the computer screen and closed my eyes briefly... zoom... I seemed to move within myself over into some kind of in-between realm. There were a few others there, and I spoke telepathically back and forth briefly with someone. I did not get a chance right after to voice record or write down what happened or what was said. In the late afternoon yesterday of what was Thanksgiving here, I was having a quiet time and asked Lee if he could tell me what it was that I had heard. He said to just take a few minutes and try to remember without any great effort. I would either recall it on my own or not be able to... which would show me that important things may (or may not) come back in some other way later as well as the fact that I could get better organized about writing a few notes or saying a quick summary into the digital recorder right after an inner event.

Well, I had some time last evening about 6-7 hours ago to listen to the speaking parts that are about the usual topics the "New Age" physicians and therapists suggest to get our mental and physical health into better shape. The talking part is rather brief. Then there is a kind of neutral chiming music that lends itself to either watching a pleasant water scene of gentle waves or viewing the biofeedback graph. Again, my blue sections were very tiny... so I just closed my eyes and stopped watching it. ZOOOOOOM, this time there was a flickering light and a semblance of a portal getting ready to open on a mental screen in front of me. Instead of a circular portal that I have experienced many times, or a thin veil-like curtain being parted, very high and huge stone slab-like doors opened up into a distant and indistinct but obvious heaven on earth setting like lovely meadows and rolling hills. Way far away at first, there were round puffs of white moving and jumping back and forth like cotton balls on legs. Gradually they seemed to move closer and were obviously little lambs frolicking around in ways that in children would be seen by us as displaying a great sense of joy and freedom. Then the white lambs seemed more to become like human forms in white garments. As they came even closer, they were men, women, and children... and the impression I had of them was that they appeared similar to the mountain top dancers of some Eastern European esoteric teacher whose name I do not recall at the moment. Ann and I have posted about that maybe a couple of years ago on the Blog. As they came up a slight hill directly toward me, some of them were turning into light beings rather than retaining a human form, but some of the others still with bodies and legs and hands were raising a hand and waving to me. Then as Ann and I have witnessed inwardly before, very many more in increasingly growing numbers were coming from all directions and turning into vast processions moving forward into some kind of collective light body that however does not extinguish individuality. Then there was an alteration into a dark scene that was not negative or alarming. The light was blending with the dark in some manner. There was a vast body of dark water with shimmering lights all over the waves as if they were dancing so very beautifully together. I had somehow joined in at one edge of this collective experience and moved above and over the waters with the many others. Then without having to travel zillions of miles in a spaceship or some other material or non-material means of transportation, we were soaring into and among the twinkling stars which were both far away and yet right here close to us. Part of my mind could reflect on what was happening and say to myself that all this is happening within me and yet within all these others as well. It was a representation of the One and the Many and the Many and the One.

Then it was dinner time and conversation time with my husband. When I finally got around to checking E-mail, I saw there was a new post here on the Blog that had not had a new one since the 13th. So, I came here and read your post, Pascal. The content was interesting of course. But for some reason, it was your name that struck me... that perhaps Pascal could be spelled Paschal and could have some connection to my seeing the frolicking lambs. I started looking up Paschal and lambs and frolicking and other things. I saved a few images I will paste into a later post. But none of this seemed to be "just the right thing" to be the meaningful coincidence aspect. A few days ago, I met someone briefly who could be described as a European and Rosicrucian. We were talking about Rudolf Steiner who was very important to him. I mentioned to him that Steiner and Albert Schweitzer had met in person and both thought very highly of one another and felt they had an ongoing friendship over the years although they only met a few times. The other night I was not looking up Schweitzer on purpose. The deceased Lee said to me to look up the full name of a particular person he had known well during his life who is still alive. I did and came to a book by that person that I knew existed but have never read. Lee said to look up the name Schweitzer. Uh, amazing, many results... I was really very super astonished by this. Ann and I first posted about Schweitzer here at the Blog on about its second page in early 2008 and have referred to him many times since. I was going to write an E-mail to her maybe tomorrow or this weekend and tell her about the book. I had already written to her about the Rosicrucian from Europe... I do not think I have ever knowingly met one in person before other than Lee back 50 years ago. How did looking up frolicking paschal lambs wind up with a big synchronicity that helps to explain my vision experience of some hours ago this evening?

This is the short version of how... which will do just fine. I tried several wording variations and came up with images and a couple of articles that I may show in a later post... but the results did not FEEL just right... and I could not think of what words to use next. Lee said to repeat the same word lambs a couple of times. So I did. This was the search term: paschal lambs frolicking lambs... and the results:

This was the # 4 result and fit perfectly.

The Lambskin Apron: The Badge of a Mason - The Masonic Scholar - 2 visits - 1:00am

Mar 21, 2010 ... Well isn't a little helpless frolicking lamb a meager, ..... “During the Age of Aries, the Paschal lamb becomes a symbol of salvation, ...
http://www.backyardprofessor.com/.../th ... of-a-mason. html
Quote:
We teach in Freemasonry that the lambskin apron is the badge of a Mason. The antiquity of its symbolism of innocence and purity stretches through the vast eons beyond the Roman eagle and even before the Golden Fleece adventures of Jason on his ship, the Argo. As one pursues various studies in antiquity, different patterns unfold with interesting connections. This is as true of the exploration of the meaning of the symbolisms of the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Hebrews, as it is of the Mithraists, Essenes, Gnostics, Romans, Early Christians, Cathars, Templars, Rosicruscians or Freemasons.

Lots more about the Lamb Apron: http://www.backyardprofessor.com/.../th ... mason.html

Then I looked up the Lambskin Apron, and these were two of the top results:

History Of The Masonic Apron

Above all other symbols, the Lambskin Apron is the distinguishing badge of a Mason. It is celebrated in poetry and prose and has been the subject of much ...
http://www.hillcrestlodge397.com/histor ... _apron.htm
Quote:
In Masonic symbolism the Lambskin Apron holds precedence. It is the initial gift of Freemasonry to a candidate, and at the end of life's pilgrimage it is reverently placed on his mortal remains and buried with his body in the grave. Above all other symbols, the Lambskin Apron is the distinguishing badge of a Mason. It is celebrated in poetry and prose and has been the subject of much fanciful speculation. Some Masonic writers have contended that initiation is analogous to birth, or our advent from prenatal darkness into the light of human fellowship, moral truth and spiritual faith. Much ancient lore has been adduced in an effort to show that the Lambskin Apron typifies regeneration, or a new life, and this thought of resurrection may be the cause of its internment with the body of a deceased brother. At least it will serve until a better reason is advanced for this peculiar custom in the Masonic burial service. The association of the lamb with redemption and being born again is expressed by John, the Apocalyptic Seer, who had a vision on the Isle of Patmos, and beheld the purified and redeemed "of all nations, and kindreds, and people and tongues," Of them it was said, "These are they which came out of great tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

By many it has been regarded as a great religious symbol. In our present conception there are three parts of man, body, soul and spirit; what the body is to the soul, the soul is to the spirit, namely , a house or habitation, but in oriental thought there were seven parts of man, four earthly and three heavenly, four physical and three spiritual. The four sides of the square symbolized the four physical and the three sides of the flap, or triangle, symbolized the three spiritual parts of man. the apex of the triangle or point of the flap stood for the seventh part of man which was called Atma and which means the eternal spark, the divine flame, the indestructible spirit of the living God in every human being. In this aspect it means that God is not a looker on at the life of anyone; God is under every man, God is part of every man.

LINK to much more: http://www.hillcrestlodge397.com/histor ... _apron.htm

THE LAMBSKIN APRON - MasonicWorld.com

'Tis the Badge of a Mason more noble to wear. Than the gold of a mine or the diamond most rare. So here's to the lambskin the apron of white, ...
http://www.masonicworld.com/.../THE%20L ... 0APRON.htm
Quote:
The apron is the initial gift of Freemasonry to a candidate. The word derives from the French "napron," meaning a cloth, and from the expression "a napron" evolved "an apron" in English. The candidate is instructed to wear this distinctive badge throughout an honorable Masonic life. As we will see, the presentation or Rite of Investiture symbolizes the candidate's new life of understanding and inner purification.

Our speculative use of the apron derives from both historical and operative sources. From the historical perspective, we learn about initiatory and religious functions. The initiate into ancient Orders traveled a so-called Rite of Passage, whereby he symbolically matured from the naivete or spiritual darkness of the child to "enlightenment" as an adult. He became "cleansed of impurities" of both the mind and spirit.

This "redemption" or "regeneration" afforded his placement into a milieu of special human fellowship, moral truth and spiritual faith. White aprons were worn upon initiation into the ancient mysteries of Mithras, the Jewish cult of the Essenes and Chinese secret societies. They were worn by ancient Jewish and Druidic high priests. The early Christians wore them when baptized. The Persians used it as a national banner. It adorned Greek and Egyptians gods. It was used by the Mayans, Incas, Aztecs and Hopi Indians, the Vikings, the Zulus and by the Anglican clergy. Because men wore them as emblems of their high office or position, the apron acquired an aura of authority and respect in many diverse cultures. From the religious or mystical standpoint, the white apron was regarded as a sign of purity. It covered the lower portion of the body, which was associated with uncleanness and immorality. The sash or band used to tie the apron separated the upper and lower parts, and when worn at prayer, reminded one of the functional priority of heart and mind.

The "mystics" spoke of the four physical (earth, air, fire and water) and three spiritual (presence, knowledge and power: symbolic of Deity), which add up to the Pythagorean "perfect" number seven. Masons have similarly speculated about the symbolic perfection of the seven sides of the apron and its flap. When worn by an entered apprentice, the "physical" four-sided main portion is separate from the "spiritual" three-sided flap. As this new Mason progresses through the degrees and becomes "enlightened," the flap descends to the apron, symbolizing entrance of his spiritual nature into that of the physical. Then the corner turns up, symbolizing an intertwining embrace of the two aspects.

Another esoteric explanation considers the pentagram, square and triangle.

Find out more here: http://www.masonicworld.com/education/f ... 0APRON.htm

Example of Masonic Apron - This one with the All-Seeing Eye

NOTE: There are good and bad Masons as there are good and bad Christians
or good and bad atheists or good and bad Hindus... and so on.

Suzanne

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 am
Profile Personal album

Post mapping the emotional body
Hi Suzanne,

thanks a lot for your post and the links. Wow, there's some really great material there! I'm very familiar with persistent anxiety. I'm also very persistent with familiar anxiety... :) I know a lot of it is 'learned' in some sense, but I do know that my biological makeup 'allows' for too much caring in places that a more rational perspective would care less. (all of it within the 'serenity and grace' of an infp scorpio... yikes, eh?)

A couple of things struck me in your post...the Paschal Lamb has come up before and here it is again. And, the astral imagery.

A few times in the past couple of weeks when I close my eyes the universe is 'there'. This has happened before and some time later (after a string of 'odd' events) I ended up at the UM. It is as though there's an invisible threshold that I can hang onto and 'look out' of. Outside of the threshold it's nothing but stars. The last time it happened I was looking out and seeing how it was a spherical backdrop that I was looking at. I kind of 'scanned' the distance in front of me vertically and when I looked down I realized that I was not standing on a floor but was suspended there. I thought it was odd that there was a threshold if there was no 'floor'. Hmmm, threshold...I know I've read about this somewhere. Something just came to mind, a line I wrote one day... "you will remember this as the ceiling of evolution".

-------

Also, is the apron symbolic of some form of 'muting' of the 2 (I'll say 'bottom' instead of 'lower') chakras? (I guess trans'muting' would be more appropriate...)

And now metamorphosis comes to mind. This ties nicely to the idea of a greater healing...

-------

I'm going to have to continue with my post as time permits today. There are so many ways to interpret meanings found from your last post.

kindest regards,
pascal

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Post Re: mapping the emotional body - and the ceiling
pascal b wrote:
Hi Suzanne,

A couple of things struck me in your post...the Paschal Lamb has come up before and here it is again. And, the astral imagery.

A few times in the past couple of weeks when I close my eyes the universe is 'there'. This has happened before and some time later (after a string of 'odd' events) I ended up at the UM. It is as though there's an invisible threshold that I can hang onto and 'look out' of. Outside of the threshold it's nothing but stars. The last time it happened I was looking out and seeing how it was a spherical backdrop that I was looking at. I kind of 'scanned' the distance in front of me vertically and when I looked down I realized that I was not standing on a floor but was suspended there. I thought it was odd that there was a threshold if there was no 'floor'. Hmmm, threshold...I know I've read about this somewhere. Something just came to mind, a line I wrote one day...

"you will remember this as the ceiling of evolution".

kindest regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, I was just working a few hours on figuring out how to get the voice files on my digital recorder into my computer as actual files I can keep in an audio library and later figure out how to convert them into written text. I took some time to listen to some of my spoken accounts of visions recently seen or one's that were described while actually in progress. Most of what I have so far is mumbled stuff not too easy to understand because I am rarely completely alone where I can say things clearly out loud either at home or over at the grandkids' house. Finally I decided to go back to bed and sleep some more... but thought to check the forum first. Later today I may comment on the other parts of your post that I have left out here. I got a kind of strong intuition to look up for now at Google only the words "ceiling of evolution". OH WOW... take a look at this amazing result:

Google Search: ceiling of evolution

About 6,720,000 results (0.25 seconds) Search Results

“~ Beyond Fear ~ Raising the Ceiling of Evolution | Facebook - 8:17am
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, ...
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=4 ... opic=12705

Elica Etw536ss Stainless Steel Twin 36 Ceiling Mounted Evolution ...ELICA ETW536SS Stainless Steel Twin 36" Ceiling Mounted Evolution Plus Air Cleansing Hood with 550 CFM Internal Blower and Three Speed Magic Wand Controls. ...

More results that were not applicable, so we will look only at the #1 result.

“~ Beyond Fear ~ Raising the Ceiling of Evolution

The Light Is Within

Greetings from Home

Is Heaven Up?

We visit you this day with an overview from what you call Home. We think it interesting that humans think heaven is up. That concept comes from when humans were very young, when your parents nurtured and cared for you. You remember your parents leaning in from above you, as they were picking you up from your crib. Even as you began to crawl and walk your parents towered above you. That shared memory in the collective of humanity is what makes you think heaven is above you in the sky. We tell you this story so that you can understand how humanity has evolved over time, through reaching different points of critical mass. It is happening again now.

We are not here to tell you which way to turn, nor to tell you whether anything you do is right or wrong because there are only personal choices for each and every one of you. Instead, it is about your empowerment. It is re-membering who you are as a spirit.

Ceiling of Evolution

One point we wish to share is that there is a part of you that exists at Home, no matter what you do here on Earth. You come in and take one of these physical bubbles of biology to play the game of pretending to be human. In order to do that, you have to also pretend to be separate from each other. It is such a wonderful game and you humans have become so good at playing it. You actually think you are separate from each other, when in fact you are not. That is fascinating to us. You walk around pretending to be separate, but you are actually connected to others with all these attachment cords. When you feel something someone else feels it, too. Of course, you share thoughts and feelings because your energetic structures are part of one another. Yet you place yourself in a little cocoon, pretending to be separate for the duration of your stay here on planet Earth. You do it so well, but that separation is beginning to go away. That separation is what has been keeping much of your own evolution at a certain level, at almost a ceiling of evolution on planet Earth. Now the separation is dissolving and that is creating much change on your planet. Some of these changes may appear in what you currently consider to be a negative way, but fear not for all change leads to advancement.

It is no longer possible to hold secrets on planet Earth. How beautiful is that? It is a direct result of all of humanity having better communication with their higher selves, and that is what you have started to emulate from Home right away. So far, there has only been a little inkling in your heart that determined whether something did not quite resonate with you. Now that humans are starting to listen without all the filters, you will learn how to fine-tune this new guidance system. The Pineal Crystals are already starting to activate. You are beginning to activate the crystals now. This process is moving very, very rapidly now throughout the Earth. In a relatively short period of time you will be able to feel as if you are inside one another’s heads, almost as if you can look through their eyes and see from their perspective. Can you imagine holding a secret at that point? Not possible, dear ones, and that is what humans are becoming accustomed to right now.

LINK to the rest of this interesting message:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=4 ... opic=12705

I am going to get a few more hours of sleep, read the above info in full again at the Facebook site, and watch my husband's college football game with him at noon. See you later!

Suzanne

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:22 pm
Profile Personal album

here's what I was referring to when I wrote that I had read of the 'threshold' idea recently.

"As long as an archetype remains unconscious, that is unknown to ego-consciousness, it's meaning cannot be understood. At the point when it reaches the threshold of consciousness it becomes constellated as feeling toned images, fantasies and ideas."

I really like the idea of moving beyond fear. Thanks for that! It takes so much effort to stay 'level' that way. This 'awakening to life' business can be very challenging.

kind regards,
pascal

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:44 am

Post Josiah, and a randomly opened book...
Hi,

for the past few weeks I've purposely stayed away from reading most things metaphysical. I really wanted to see if I would force the issue or just go along with life as it happened. So, it turns out, my course didn't lead me to much reading...and I was very much alright with it.

Yesterday, I felt an inclination to pick up that Unity metaphysical bible dictionary again. I almost ignored the pull to go and get it but I wanted to trust this intuition I had / have.

I opened the book, or I should say, I let the book open itself to whatever page it would show.

I started reading at Josiah - but as I scanned this I found that the paragraph just above Josiah sure sounded a lot like things I've read here.

Never a dull moment!

pascal

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Post Josiah etc
Hi Suzanne, Kristin, Pascal and all,

I dropped the ball a month ago (Nov 13 ’10 entry) and never got back to the rest of the post from Tolle I had intended to add.
Anyway, thank you so much Kristin, for your reply and the sense I always get from you of soul sisterness.
Pascal, you, too, are kin (for kindred soul) which again was confirmed in your dusting off your Unity Biblical Dictionary. Wish I had mine with me and that I have been consulting for umpty years. But when I get home (in January) will get it down and follow the Josiah thread. I forget the name of the Unity founder who wrote this Dictionary but he was way out in front in leading the way to what became New Thought spirituality. In Santa Cruz I went to Inner Light one Sunday a m. I picked up a book by Thomas Troward on the 50% off table titled The Edinburgh and Dore Lectures on Mental Science. Troward, it is said “shaped the evolution of New Thought.” In many ways I see BCI and ideas presented on this Forum as an evolution of Jungian thought and practice. At least it could be a way out of reason and over intellectualization via body/sensing/intuiting.

In the meantime, for the most part this past month I have been going deeper into the butterfly/alchemical symbolism of “growing wings” as in the Rosarium images and just getting an inkling of how these in the 15th Century may have influenced St Teresa of Avila’s 16th Century Interior Castle and what Caroline Myss describes as “more primitive spirituality.” I think by this is meant “more basic and essentially universal” rather than Roman Catholic, although Myss acknowledges the necessity of the interim “scaffoldings” the different separatist religions provide.

Anyway, this is my interim check-in. Suzanne, you have been so faithful in carrying the heavy end of our blog and missing you of late I am taking the liberty of letter our friends here know what I learned when pursuing your absence is that you are going through one of those difficult “dark night” passages that periodically plague all seriously on the inward journey. So “all reading this” how about we all send Suzanne an outpouring of our love for the faithfulness and diligence with which she has kept this blog going, and send her light—lots of very bright light—to see her through and back out of this “cloud of unknowing.” In perfect timing and rightness” of course.

Love to all,
Ann

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Fillmore / Paul
Hi Ann, Suzanne... et les autres.

Charles Fillmore - very much ahead of his time! I read today that he thought himself the reincarnation of the biblical Paul.

"I fairly sizzle with zeal and enthusiasm and spring forth with a mighty faith to do the things that ought to be done by me".--CHARLES FILLMORE

ZEAL is the great universal force that impels man to spring forward in a field of endeavor and accomplish the seemingly miraculous. It is the inward fire that urges man onward, regardless of the intellectual mind of caution and conversation.

Paul, the zealot whose name was first Saul, metaphysically is a symbol of varied significance. He was born of Jewish parents in Tarsus, Asia Minor, a city of considerable culture and refinement. He was reared as a Pharisee and educated as a rabbi in schools in Jerusalem. His one conception of salvation did not go beyond that of obtaining it through a perfect performance of the works of the law. But in truth he was a man of deep religious character and worshiped the living God.

He was on his way to Damascus to persecute the disciples of Jesus, no doubt in one instant "breathing threatening and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord" and in the next swearing allegiance to the living God whom he worshiped. "As he journeyed . . . suddenly there shone round about him a light out of heaven: and he fell upon the earth." Because of the great blaze of illumination he was truck temporarily blind.

Thus through the spiritual power of his own mind, apparently by accident, he broke into the ethers where his consciousness was flooded with spiritual light, and he heard the voice of Jesus saying: "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? . . . and when his eyes were opened, he saw nothing; and they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus." This experience illumined, expanded, and enriched his whole being, and eventually led him into his life's work: preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole Gentile world.

Paul presents a tremendous outpouring of zeal; first on the intellectual plane as champion of the law and the prophets, afterward as a disseminator of the freeing doctrine of the Christ. He was a "chosen vessel" of the Lord, and "not disobedient unto the heavenly vision." Yet on several occasions he allowed his zeal to run away with his better judgment and as a result suffered many things.

Zeal should be tempered with wisdom. It is possible to be so zealously active on the intellectual plane that one's vitality is consumed and there is nothing left for spiritual growth. "Take time to be holy." Never neglect your soul. To grow spiritually you should exercise your zeal in spiritual ways.

As children of God our place is at the right hand of the Father. When man really realizes this, he calls down upon himself the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He soon learns that obedience to Spirit increases his power to control his thoughts and thus make his world conform to the divine standard.

When man is obedient to Spirit he will not suffer burdens. To trust Spirit he must know of its guidance by experience. By those who have not learned the guidance of Spirit, that experience must be acquired. Man is spirit and must find himself before he can communicate with universal Spirit.

Paul had his weak points, but he was a great apostle and made Jesus' doctrine live. No doubt the light of spiritual understanding with which his consciousness was flooded at the time of his conversion carried him a long way in his ministry. His fearlessness was the strong point of his character. To him the gospel came first and the things of the world second. This is what made him a great apostle of the Lord. When will and understanding are joined in consciousness man is equal to any emergency.

Without doubt the secret of Paul's great illumination at the time of his conversion is that in previous lives he had built up a spiritual consciousness, and on his way to Damascus he "stirred up" the gift that was within him. The new race that is now being born on this planet will develop these unused resources of the mind by realization, audible prayer, and thanksgiving and bring to the surface the riches of both the subconscious and the superconscious mind.

-taken from his "Atom-Smashing Power of the Mind" http://newthoughtlibrary.com/fillmoreCh ... #TopOfText

As with all things, I don't agree with everything written by this man... but there were a whole lot of "wows" for me in the works I've read.

Going to come back to this post...pressed a bit today. But I will send best wishes to Suzanne! I look forward to reading your material here again...

kind regards,
pascal

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Post Friends who are always there
Hello Ann and Pascal, Thank you for your kind wishes... and a helpful synchronicity from you, Pascal. The deceased Lee said to me about four days ago that perhaps I should send a little poem or something nice to Marla, my old school friend from 50 years ago, who also knew Lee in person way back then. I said I would try to do that but didn't because of my depression and inertia. Then the next afternoon, I got this message from her instead.

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own;
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there...

Pascal, I will comment more when I am somewhat back out of my deep existential grieving over whatever it is that has me whimpering and crying in a manner that I did not even experience back in the early 1990s when I was disabled with clinical depression. I am not trying to forcibly suppress these feelings and just "cheer up" because accepting and observing them for awhile seems better somehow. I just wanted to mention that I would have in my Google Web History that I can paste in here when I am more focused again that Lee had said a name to me... Jeremiah R____ . I had looked it up and just saved a couple of things that seemed meaningful. It was only some hours later I think that you posted about Josiah. I found what you said very helpful and my dark mood was eased a little bit by an underlying sense of "significance" to this. Since I do not know much about the Old Testament persons (that I mostly see as symbolic rather then literal people and events in many cases), I did not make any connection between the names Jeremiah and Josiah. Your adding later the image of a book by Charles Fillmore really got my eyes wide open... because one of my best deceased friends who Lee says is with him in the Beyond was a Unity minister and knew the Fillmore family. I took a few minutes and found an online copy of "The Twelve Powers of Man". It did not take long to come across the name Jeremiah that I have marked in red below.....

Chapter 1

The Twelve Powers of Man (by Charles Fillmore)

THE SUBCONSCIOUS realm in man has twelve great centers of action, with twelve presiding egos or identities. When Jesus had attained a certain soul development, He called His twelve apostles to Him. This means that when man is developing out of mere personal consciousness into spiritual consciousness, he begins to train deeper and larger powers; he sends his thought down into the inner centers of his organism, and through his word quickens them to life. Where before his powers have worked in the personal, now they begin to expand and work in the universal. This is the first and the second coming of Christ, spoken of in the Scriptures. The first coming is the receiving of Truth into the conscious mind, and the Second Coming is the awakening and the regeneration of the subconscious mind through the superconscious or Christ Mind.

Man expands and grows under divine evolution as an industrial plant grows. As the business expands, it is found that system is necessary. Instead of one man's being able to do the work with the assistance of a few helpers, he requires many helpers. Instead of a few helpers, he needs hundreds; and in order to promote efficiency he must have heads for the various departments of the work. Scripture symbology calls the heads of departments in man's consciousness the twelve apostles.

Each of these twelve department heads has control of a certain function in soul or body. Each of these heads works through an aggregation of cells that physiology calls a "ganglionic center." Jesus, the I AM or central entity, has His throne in the top head, where phrenology locates spirituality. This is the mountain where He so often went to pray. The following outline gives a list of the Twelve, the faculties that they represent, and the nerve centers at which they preside:

Faith--Peter--center of brain.

Strength--Andrew--loins.

Discrimination or Judgment--James, son of Zebedee--pit of stomach.

Love--John--back of heart.

Power--Philip--root of tongue.

Imagination--Bartholomew--between the eyes.

Understanding--Thomas--front brain.

Will--Matthew--center front brain.

Order--James, son of Alphaeus--navel.

Zeal--Simon the Cananaean--back head, medulla.

Renunciation or Elimination--Thaddaeus--abdominal region.

Life Conserver--Judas--generative function.

The physiological designations of these faculties are not arbitrary--the names can be expanded or changed to suit a broader understanding of their full nature. For example, Philip, at the root of the tongue, governs taste; he also controls the action of the larynx, as well as all vibrations of power throughout the organism. So the term "power" expresses but a small part of his official capacity.

The first apostle that Jesus called was Peter. Peter represents faith in things spiritual, faith in God. We begin our religious experience, our unity with Divine Mind, by having faith in that mind as omnipresent, all-wise, all-loving, all-powerful Spirit.

Faith in the spiritual man quickens spiritual understanding. Peter believed that Jesus was the Messiah; his faith opened his spiritual discernment, and he saw the living Christ back of the personal mask worn by Jesus. When asked, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?" the apostles, looking upon personality as the real, said: "Some say John the Baptist; some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets." Then Jesus appealed to their own inner spiritual understanding and He said: "But who say ye that I am?" Only Simon Peter answered: "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Jesus answered, "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades [the grave] shall not prevail against it. I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven."

Spiritual discernment of the reality of man's origin and being is the only enduring foundation of character. It was to this faith in the understanding of the real being of man that Jesus gave power in earth and heaven. It was not to the personal Peter that Jesus gave the keys to His kingdom, but to all who through faith apply the binding (affirming) and loosing (denying) power of Spirit in the earth (substance consciousness). Right here and now the great work of character-building is to be done, and whoever neglects present opportunities, looking forward to a future heaven for better conditions, is pulling right away from the kingdom of heaven within himself.

People who live wholly in the intellect deny that man can know anything about God, because they do not have quickened faith. The way to bring forth the God presence, to make oneself conscious of God, is to say: I have faith in God; I have faith in Spirit; I have faith in things invisible. Such affirmations of faith, such praise to the invisible God, the unknown God, will make God visible to the mind and will strengthen the faith faculty. Thus faith (Peter) is called and instructed spiritually.

When a center loses its power it should be baptized by the word of Spirit. We are told in the Scriptures that Philip went down to Gaza ("the same is desert"), and there baptized a eunuch. Gaza means a "citadel of strength." It refers to the nerve center in the loins, where Andrew (strength) reigns. "Lo now, his strength is in his loins." Gaza is the physical throne of strength, as Jerusalem is the throne of love.

The back grows weak under the burden of material thought. If you are given to pains in your back, if you become exhausted easily, you may know at once that you need treatment for freedom from material burdens. Eliminate from your mind all thought of the burdens of the world, the burdens of your life, and all seeming labors. Take your burdens to Christ. "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

We are pressed upon by ideas of materiality. Thoughts make things, and the material ideas that are pressing upon us are just as substantial in the realm of mind as material things are substantial in the realm of matter. Everything has origin in thought, and material thoughts will bring forth material things. So you should baptize and cleanse with your spiritual word every center, as Philip baptized the eunuch of Gaza. Baptism is cleansing. It always represents the erasing power of the mind.

When the baptizing power of the word is poured upon a center, it cleanses all material thought; impotence is vitalized with new life, and the whole subconsciousness is awakened and quickened. The word of the Lord is there sown in the body, and once the word of the Lord is sown in any of these centers--the cells of which are like blank phonograph records--they take the thought that is given them, and send it through the whole organism. The baptism of strength goes to the uttermost parts of the body, and every one of the twelve powers, under the divine law, feels the new strength.....

http://websyte.com/unity/TPMS4.HTM

Thank you to friends here and there for these encouragements, Suzanne

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Companions on the Way
Hi Suzanne and All,

I keep going back to St Teresa’s Fifth Mansion in her Interior Castle. Commenting on this Caroline Myss writes under the subtitle "Mystical Depression":

Quote:
. . . Teresa recognized mytical depression and wrote about symptoms that can include anxiety, mood swings, chronic fatigue, and feelings that you have become completely disconneded—not detached, but disconnected—from your life. You may feel as if God has abandoned you.

Myss then advises that should you become depressed or anxious by the difficulties of living a conscious life, that you stop all inner practices. She also notes that even Zen teachers advise “working in the garden or at other tasks that ground you and take your mind off yourself.

Quote:
The spiritual path is about the pursuit of God, not the pursuit of yourself. If the object of your inner journey becomes yourself, then you will break down and suffer depression, anxiety attacks, and discontent because you are imploding from attention to your fears as opposed to your release from them.

St John of the Cross coined the now commonly used phrase ”the dark night of the soul” for his spiritual crisis. Writing his book of the same name while in prison, he described the passages of the soul from the darkness of its awakening to its confusion about its identity to its reception into the lightness of the divine.

Speaking again of Teresa’s Fifth Mansion, Myss points out that it is here that you examine your psychological and emotional experiences with God and refers next to the importance of enlisting soul companions for just such times.

I recall other places in Myss’ study of the Interior Castle where she refers to Teresa’s emphasis on the role of companions on the journey. Their importance has certainly been the story of my own journey and why I was attracted to this Forum as a supportive spiritual family. I also remember times here when Remo has actively encouraged the sharing of our personal life experiences, even those involving the Beyond, and put this out as one of his hopes for this community.

With love to all,
Ann

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Post Jeremiah / Blake
Hi all,

I searched Jeremiah and found this website... very interesting!

http://pimoebius.com/William%20Blake%20 ... legory.htm

http://pimoebius.com/

I'll come back to this again later today...

kind regards,
pascal

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Post Pearce
Hi all,

Suzanne, this was really neat! I was off on a different thread of study when I happened upon a book titled "Evolution's End". I had not heard of Joseph Pearce before this, but this book registered on the richter scale for me. I hadn't intended on pulling the "ceiling of evolution" idea back into this but this was such a great find...

http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinsi ... 0062507327

Hope all is well...

pascal

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:16 am

Post Shadow Synchronicity and "Enantiodromia"
Hi Everybody, I have been very busy to put it mildly trying to save our butts from financial devastation. My husband and I both have physical and "mental" conditions that have made it difficult for us to take care of our practical survival issues. Anyhow, as I have mentioned before, it is easy for us to think that we may have already almost arrived at enlightenment... until "things happen" that terribly overwhelm us... and our unresolved inner conflicts come busting out all over again as a result. Yesterday afternoon, I had to go run an errand for my husband since he is house-bound most of the time because of his medical problems. There is a kind of "New Age" store near where I was going that I think I have only been to one time before. I wondered what I might find there that maybe could help me have a better perspective on my current troubles. This will be the partial version of what happened. There was a book standing up and facing outward. I knew in a kind of intuitive way that it must be the right book for me at this time. I have not had a chance to look it over much or get started reading it yet.

When I came to the forum to check up on the latest discussion, I noticed that Gregory had posted a picture of colored chakras on a human figure. I also had just bought a DVD called "The Illuminated Chakras". Gregory mentioned a word I did not really understand, so I looked it up. It was.. enantiodromia... and this is what it means in more detail:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enantiodromia (Greek: ἐνάντιος, enantios, opposite + δρόμος, dromos, running course) is a principle introduced by psychiatrist Carl Jung that the superabundance of any force inevitably produces its opposite. It is equivalent to the principle of equilibrium in the natural world, in that any extreme is opposed by the system in order to restore balance.

Though "enantiodromia" was coined by Jung, it is implied in the writings of Heraclitus. In fr. 126, for example, Heraclitus says "cold things warm, warm things cool, wet things dry and parched things get wet."[1] It also seems implicit in other of his sayings, like "war is father of all, king of all" (fr. 53), "they do not know that the differing/opposed thing agrees with itself; harmony is reflexive (παλίντροπος palintropos, used of a compound bow, or "in reflexive tension"), like the bow and the lyre" (fr. 51). In these passages and others the idea of the coincidence of opposites is clearly articulated in Heraclitus' characteristic riddling style, as well as the dynamic motion back and forth between the two, generated especially by opposition and conflict.

Later Plato in the Phaedo will articulate the principle clearly: "Everything arises in this way, opposites from their opposites." (sect. 71a).[2]

Since Jung's recognition of it many centuries later it has been observed in modern culture. For example, it has been applied to subject of the film The Lives of Others, to show how one devoted to a communist regime breaks through his loyalty and emerges a humanist.

Jung used the term particularly to refer to the unconscious acting against the wishes of the conscious mind. (Aspects of the Masculine, chapter 7, paragraph 294).

Enantiodromia. Literally, "running counter to," referring to the emergence of the unconscious opposite in the course of time. This characteristic phenomenon practically always occurs when an extreme, one-sided tendency dominates conscious life; in time an equally powerful counterposition is built up, which first inhibits the conscious performance and subsequently breaks through the conscious control. ("Definitions," ibid., par. 709)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enantiodromia

This is the time that I did the search for that word:

9:19pm Searched for enantiodromia - Viewed 1 result

Gregory's post about Chakras and Enantiodromia:
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... 1893#11893

Next I got a notion to look up the word quaternity (that Ann and I have discussed before) because it came up in a recent dream vision where there were four beings, one dark. These were the results:

9:36pm Searched for quaternity one dark - Viewed 3 results

Act Out Your Greatness - Quaternity Blog - quaternityinstitute.com
quaternity institute.com/­quaternity-blog.html

QUATERNITY: 1: 4/4/44 - blogspot.com
quaternity4.blogspot.com/2010/04/1.­html

Abstracts of the Collected works of C.G. Jung
Carrie Lee Rothgeb
Viewed page 113

What surprised me was that the 4/4/44 blog above is by our forum member Rémi Schulz:
http://quaternity4.blogspot.com/2010/04/1.html

The other quaternityinstitute.com blog had as its second entry... a review of... The Shadow Effect (book) movie version.

What You Resist Persists Gigi Azmy

05/02/2010 The new documentary movie the Shadow Effect created by Debbie Ford and starring bestselling authors Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williamson, explores our dark side.

The movie makes it easier to talk open up to ourselves and each other about our dark parts. When old angers resurface, what do you do with it? When you feel rageful about daily events where do you transfer that energy? The violent or ugly thoughts that make you go: "Where did that just come from?" When that comes up, I listen to myself closely. I allow myself the five seconds to really feel the horrible.emotion that I might have otherwise brushed aside as another thought or feeling. More importantly, is not beating ourselves up for the thoughts that come up into our minds. They are just like any other thought that nonchalantly creeps up into our space. It is up to us what we will do with them.

There is an effective ancient Hawaiian phrase to repeat whenever a lack of faith, sadness or darkness enters our mind. It is a ancient Hawaiian healing prayer that works effectively. This Hawaiian shamanic method is called Ho' pono' pono', where one would say to the Divine: (For this thought I am thinking or this emotion I am feeling) "I'm sorry, please forgive me, Thank you, I love you". It is in the repetition of this mantra that the healing takes place.

Paying attention to these destructive thoughts that you aim at yourself or the world and then seek to bring healing it to it. Have compassion for yourself for at the end of the day you are still human even though you are divine. And have compassion for the situation or person you are having these thoughts about. Therefore, we neither suppress nor ignore our feelings. They are there for us to use as tools to learn about the dark parts of ourselves. This is an important process to teach children so they learn how to deal with anger and hard emotions. Being able to have the tools to process our lives and have a deeper understanding and compassion for ourselves...

http://www.quaternityinstitute.com/quaternity-blog.html

Anyhow, at the moment, I am not able to recall or re-find where I got this mean kitty image below, but it was somewhere in the midst of the above searches. Shall I confess that this is how I sometimes feel when my shadow self is not in balance with the too nice version of me? Anyone else in a mood for confession about this problem of our contradictions periodically busting out into open conflict? Sigh, I keep asking the "One and Only" to tell me how to change and become good enough, but he says that nobody ever becomes good enough which is why we need compassion for both others and ourselves.

Suzanne (sometimes)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 am
Profile Personal album

Post ZENtac
Hi Suzanne!

I'll come back to this but I wanted to say that the image at the end of your post made me laugh... and it also made me think of something I thought of many years ago:

ZENtac - for acid reflex 8)

warm regards,
pascal

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Post Debir and Understanding
Hi Suzanne, all

have you ever read about "Debir" ? I read about this last night. It also occurred to me that the Holy Spirit is understanding. (which, I guess, comes from being in 'Debir'.)

Suzanne wrote:
There is an effective ancient Hawaiian phrase to repeat whenever a lack of faith, sadness or darkness enters our mind. It is a ancient Hawaiian healing prayer that works effectively. This Hawaiian shamanic method is called Ho' pono' pono', where one would say to the Divine: (For this thought I am thinking or this emotion I am feeling) "I'm sorry, please forgive me, Thank you, I love you". It is in the repetition of this mantra that the healing takes place.

I was very happy to see this. I've been practicing this (without knowing about this Hawaiian method) and I can see how patience is so important. Some days, I look up to my crown (or the sky, whichever you prefer) and think "so, so sorry for that...please forgive me" far too many times. After many years of doing this purely and consciously I ended up here... I suppose you could say this is where the learning began. Seems like an even exchange, one ego for a better one. (there's half a "haha" in there)

I've mentioned before that there's a counsellor (M.A.) that I see every so often to help with the art stuff. We were on the topic of significant others and quarreling when she said that her way was "I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you" - to...the...letter. I smiled back then too when she said it because this was something that read me one night while reading a bible. This idea came to me in a non-literal way. Hard to explain...I could only feel the importance of what I was reading...and the passages might not have even related directly to this idea of 'tracking' my thoughts and gaining trust.

"be still and know that I am your God" OR... be still, and know THAT "i am" - your God.

warm regards,
pascal

Last edited by pascal b on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Post Re: Debir and Understanding
pascal b wrote:
Hi Suzanne,

have you ever read about "Debir" ? I read about this last night. It also occurred to me that the Holy Spirit is understanding. (which, I guess, comes from being in 'Debir'.

warm regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, I am not home tonight, so it is less convenient for me to reply. I have never heard of that word before. That may very well be because I do not pay much attention to the literal meanings of ancient scripture. My point of view tends to be that literal definitions and commentaries tend to produce the kinds of divisions and fanaticisms that lead to the many insane wars over religion. However, non-literal interpretations of various kinds of scriptures worldwide tend to produce inner meanings from which we may derive understanding and tolerance and even harmony with one another individually as well as among groups. For now, I am pasting in a section of an article on this word you mentioned. I feel it may provide the possibility of some very helpful interpretations of our own perhaps in the esoteric sense of the temple within us.
Quote:
"Oracle" appears only 17 times in the Old Testament (KJV). On one occasion, the translators render the Hebrew word dabar as "oracle." Dabar means "word." This rendering is found in II Samuel 16:23: "And the counsel of Ahithophel . . . was as if one had inquired at the oracle [word] of God."

At first glance, it appears that "oracle" here means the message—God's revelation concerning this or that. While that is not a wrong understanding, it is a bit too simplistic: We do not inquire at a message; we inquire of, in or from a message. The various literal translations of God's Word confirm that "at" is in fact the correct preposition. We inquire at a place. Thus, the oracle is a place where a message is spoken.

The other 16 renderings of "oracle" in the Old Testament strikingly confirm this conclusion. In each of these cases, the translators rendered the Hebrew word debir as "oracle." This is an obscure word that means "back, part behind, hindmost chamber" according to The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon. Make no mistake about it: Debir is a very special word indeed.

It is not the regular Hebrew word for "behind," which is ahghar, as in Genesis 19:17. The angel enjoins Lot and his family from turning back to see Sodom and Gomorrah fall: "Escape for your life! Do not look behind you. . . ." Nor is it the regular Hebrew word for "back," "backward" or "hinder," which is ahghor, as in Isaiah 1:4. God calls the folk of "Judah and Jerusalem" (verse 1) a "sinful nation [which has] . . . turned away backward."

Debir first appears in I Kings 6:5, where God describes Solomon's Temple:

Against the wall of the temple [Solomon] built chambers all around, against the walls of the temple, all around both the sanctuary and of the inner sanctuary [(debir) "oracle" KJV].

Verse 16 makes clear what this oracle in fact is:

He built twenty cubits of the rear of the house with boards of cedar from the floor to the rafters; he built it within for the sanctuary [oracle—debir], the Holy of Holies. (The Amplified Bible)

In this verse, "Holy of Holies" parallels debir, or "oracle," explaining what the oracle is. The oracle of which God speaks here is none other than the Most Holy Place, the inner room wherein the Ark of the Covenant resided. Other translators render debir as "Holy Place," "sanctuary," "inner house," "hinder room," "back room," "recess," "inner sanctuary."

Debir is special. The translators never render it as the regular word for "behind" or "back."

We develop a composite picture of "oracle"—a clear picture of what it means—by merging the meaning of dabar ("word") in II Samuel 16:23 with the meaning of debir ("back") in the books of Kings and Chronicles. The oracle of God is the room wherein He abode, the Holy of Holies, from which He at times spoke. In the Old Testament, the oracle is God's speaking place.

In Psalm 28:2 debir makes its only appearance outside the books of Kings and Chronicles and forms a fine bridge to the New Testament understanding of the word "oracle." Like the other Old Testament instances we mentioned, debir is in the singular:

To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me, lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary [oracle, KJV].

Source with more commentary to read:
http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction ... of-God.htm

Suzanne

P.S. Corrected a few spellings this morning Thursday at 11 AM my time in Virginia. It is interesting that Pascal was editing and adding to his post above mine here while I was writing it. Good coincidential timing example.

Last edited by Suzanne on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:53 am
Profile Personal album

Post !
...just read your reply after hitting submit.

What timing...

I was in the midst of editing my reply about Debir and writing about non-literal interpretation...that was pretty neat.

Debir equals also Soloman's Temple from what I've read tonight.

Just wanted to note for the record that my ears were ringing like mad while editing that post... I'm sure that I do not have Tinnitus. 8)

pascal

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:12 am

Post Just lost a post... hmm... 2 coincidences
Hi All, Since I got a new computer, I do not tend to goof up and lose a post close to when I am about to finish it. I definitely do not have time to re-create the whole thing all over again the way it was. Just maybe it will turn out better in whatever new form it takes now in place of the lost version.

On Jan. 19th, I looked up the number 683, using the ridiculous spam method of taking random names, terms, or numbers from them to wind up with some very amazing synchronicities.

Google Web History
Jan 19, 2011 (cont.)
1:11am Searched for 683

683 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - 683 (DCLXXXIII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 683 for this year ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/683

Events
By place
Americas
The reign of Pacal the Great, ruler of Maya state of Palenque, comes to an end.

That is this guy, not as an ancient astronaut as some claim, descending into the Underworld at his death in 683.

Pacal's (or Pakal) coffin top image

OK, so I have to skip a lot of the lost stuff though maybe mention it later.

On the 22nd, I had a dream vision experience and woke up with the words house descending or descending house that I was trying to recall correctly after turning off the alarm clock a few times. My deceased friend Lee said to me to add the word astrology to my search terms.

11:50am Searched for astrology descending house

kulkulk-kan-descending.jp...
462 x 500 - 110k

Other than the word "descending" attached to the image + "astrology" in the text below it, it is a good question as to WHY the Mayan building, that contains Pacal's tomb with his coffin top image (shown above here), would quickly be the 3rd Google image result. Then things get stranger indeed and include the very rare and obscure term that Gregory mentioned in a post quite a few days ago.

The location of the photo of the tomb building for Pacal is a really excellent web blog called Kone, Krusos, Kronos. I read all the way down the long page because it was so interesting and super thought-provoking in a positive way. This text is what is right under a much larger photo of the little Tomb one above:
Quote:
December 19, 2010 - ... Astrology is based fundamentally in the awareness of the relationship between the movements of the Heavens, to the Cosmic Rhythm of our inner Being, and on the realization that the whole Universe, it is a living Entity, and above all, an indivisible One, were every part is related to any other one by the fact of its Unity.

Generally Modern Man has lost the sensibility, and connections to this Rhythm, its sense of Sacredness is diminished and with it a lack of purpose, and meaning are lost, the sense of belonging to Pachamama (Mother Earth) it is sorely missing. We could talk endlessly at the consequences of such unbalance, but that would be material for another essay, let us just say that when the Universe and Man align, and Harmonize in a mutual relationship, it is at that point that the right natural events take place (Kairos). To be aware of this it is not a matter of Faith, however it helps, but a matter of being sensitized by the Knowledge, and Realization that we are One with the Cosmos.

SOURCE: http://konekrusoskronos.wordpress.com/

Hmm, the man Mr. Brigido Anaya, originally from the Mayo Valley of Mexico, who wrote that used the word "unbalance" or "imbalance"... something we have been speculating about especially in connection with Gregory's recent use of a very specific word, which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, above here on this Blog page:
Quote:
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 am Post subject: Shadow Synchronicity and "Enantiodromia"

When I came to the forum to check up on the latest discussion, I noticed that Gregory had posted a picture of colored chakras on a human figure. I also had just bought a DVD called "The Illuminated Chakras". Gregory mentioned a word I did not really understand, so I looked it up. It was.. enantiodromia... and this is what it means in more detail:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enantiodromia (Greek: ἐνάντιος, enantios, opposite + δρόμος, dromos, running course) is a principle introduced by psychiatrist Carl Jung that the superabundance of any force inevitably produces its opposite. It is equivalent to the principle of equilibrium in the natural world, in that any extreme is opposed by the system in order to restore balance.

Though "enantiodromia" was coined by Jung, it is implied in the writings of Heraclitus. In fr. 126, for example, Heraclitus says "cold things warm, warm things cool, wet things dry and parched things get wet."[1] It also seems implicit in other of his sayings, like "war is father of all, king of all" (fr. 53), "they do not know that the differing/opposed thing agrees with itself; harmony is reflexive (παλίντροπος palintropos, used of a compound bow, or "in reflexive tension"), like the bow and the lyre" (fr. 51). In these passages and others the idea of the coincidence of opposites is clearly articulated in Heraclitus' characteristic riddling style, as well as the dynamic motion back and forth between the two, generated especially by opposition and conflict.

Later Plato in the Phaedo will articulate the principle clearly: "Everything arises in this way, opposites from their opposites." (sect. 71a).[2]

Since Jung's recognition of it many centuries later it has been observed in modern culture. For example, it has been applied to subject of the film The Lives of Others, to show how one devoted to a communist regime breaks through his loyalty and emerges a humanist.

Jung used the term particularly to refer to the unconscious acting against the wishes of the conscious mind. (Aspects of the Masculine, chapter 7, paragraph 294).

Enantiodromia. Literally, "running counter to," referring to the emergence of the unconscious opposite in the course of time. This characteristic phenomenon practically always occurs when an extreme, one-sided tendency dominates conscious life; in time an equally powerful counterposition is built up, which first inhibits the conscious performance and subsequently breaks through the conscious control. ("Definitions," ibid., par. 709)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enantiodromia

It just happens that all the way down toward the bottom of the Kone, Krusos, Kronos blog page that has Pacal's Tomb building image... is this entry on a very rare word indeed...
Quote:
April 16, 2010 - But just let me point out that Mankind in General seems to be more in need of Myth than this relative modern invention we call History, in our quest for rationality!

As to the why this is so, it is because with our rational, logic, masculine side of our brain we have been trying to suppress our emotional, subconscious, feminine side that inspire us and give wings to our Imagination. The more we try to suppress the bigger the wave of irrational acts we see now days being taken place all across the Human endeavor.

So next time you want to stick to the facts, it will be better for you to acknowledge the other side as well…

By the way there is a Greek word that Carl Jung coined to define this phenomena:

Enantiodromia

Where the superabundance of any force by necessity produce the opposite force, so the most rationality we may like to persue, the more irrational behavior we would unleash!

So be ware of supressing emotions…

SOURCE: http://konekrusoskronos.wordpress.com/

... which is what the book I mentioned some days ago and just finished reading... is all about...

Suzanne

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Last fifty years of humanity and 2011
Hi to All,

Suzanne, thanks for the above post.

All -- a couple days ago I came across a page printed out from a Forum discussion. It’s not dated but begins

Frank wrote: Von Franz relates that Jung had a vision in his last weeks of life . . . .she said the note had a zig zag line and the comment “the last fifty years of humanaity.”

Then Gregory wrote in greater detail, mentioning 2011 as ending date of Jung's vision.

And Kristin wrote
“Wanted to add here that the zig zag line is often noted in UFO/ET phenomena, being representative of a certain kind of energy or vibration it is presumed. . .

The print out referred to was stuck in notes I had accumulated around the creative design motif scale that has been an ongoing interest of mine for a number of years.

From my notes about the zig zag:
The zig-zag
Oscillating and eruptive and like a sudden powerful lightning release, corresponds to the sxith dimension, to the ratio of space to time . . . speed . . . velocity. See Artthur M Young “The Measure Formulae”{ in Geometry of Meaning). “The speed of light” refers also to thought as light, as consciousness.

I thought I’d just throw this back on the table to see if it rings a bell for anyone.

Greg in his comments mentions Jung’s last fifty yearsas taking us to 2011.

Love and all good to all,
Ann

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post zig zag fractal / Crooked walking
Hi Ann, Suzanne & all...

From what I've been reading on colour exchange and interaction in quarks, the age of the universe and the speed of light can change by way of additive and substractive colours. Something like a whip effect. Now that I've written that I visualized God with one of those lightsabers creating snaky-looking fractal light in the darkness. The mixtures or hues created by that light seems like bending time which in turn creates all that we know...much like an artist with his or her wand...I mean, brush! (...just learned today that the 'whip' is willpower...) (so, the 'whip effect' I mentioned here is God's Will which is creating)

kindest regards (most specifically in light of my own development here and the patience of those in the forum...)
pascal

ps - I just came across this while studying 'the fool'...seems intimately connected.

"The path of the sheen is the tzinor that connects the spheres of hhokhmah and binah on the tree-of-life. This path is the one that connects the two hemispheres of the brain. The sheen is the electrical energy that shuttles back and forth between the spheres of memory and visionary intuition, the past and the future. The memory coding of All-That-Is connected to the creative genius about to bring something new into existence. The sheen symbolizes the ruahh elohim, the divine breath, that creative spark that aligns consciousness with its source. The sheen is also the sheen of the Shehhinah, the feminine divine presence that brings healing, integration and peace to the interplay between the masculine and the feminine energies within you. And, of course, the sheen is also the Tarot Fool, the primary childlike innocence that shows us the way back to the Garden of Eden.
The journey back and forth between hohhmah and binah is a path designed for what is sometimes called crooked walking! One is moving through a minefield of enigmas and paradoxes as one navigates between the polarities embedded between the hemispheres of one’s brain. The theoretical and mathematical intelligence will engage in a detailed map making process only to find that in the real world the map is not the territory. Words will guide one to the edge of the jungle where only the quality of one’s inner silence will allow entrance. The emotional memory bank of binah will warn of upcoming danger while the intuitive vision of hohhmah will suggest that it is time to just jump into the unknown. The most benevolent ally in this process is the still, small voice of the intuitive inner guide that sees for us where we are blind and hears for us when we are deaf. Kabbalists call this voice by many names: the ruahh elohim (divine breath), the sheen (Spirit), the bat kol (the daughter of the voice). The friction of this movement back and forth between the guardians of this pathway ( the cherubim that guard the entrance to the Garden of Eden) is what creates the electricity that brings us back into unity consciousness.

http://www.treeoflifeschool.com/tarot/chap21.pdf

pascal

Last edited by pascal b on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Post more on Debir
Hi,

I found this today - Debir - The "house" of God that only spiritual eyes can see.

http://www.templesecrets.info/

I'm not too much for the titles on the web page, but scrolling down was worthwhile...

kind regards,
pascal

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Post POEM: I am your spirit
pascal b wrote:
Hi,

I found this today -

Debir - The "house" of God that only spiritual eyes can see.

http://www.templesecrets.info/

I'm not too much for the titles on the web page, but scrolling down was worthwhile...

kind regards,
pascal

Hi Ann and Pascal... and Everybody!

In the lost post I mentioned recently, I was saying that I would like to get back to the topic of Debir and more of the esoteric meanings of aspects of the Temple. So, even though I did not mention Debir in my post in place of the lost one, Pascal now is bringing us back to that topic. If we look upon the "Holy of Holies" as the residence within us all of the Sacred Presence and Essence of all being... than this may fit in with a poem I sent to Ann by E-mail on the morning of Jan. 29th.
Quote:
Someone pasted this yesterday into the middle of an AOL bitter debate about whether Obama was born in Hawaii or Kenya. It did not relate to the topic at all in any obvious way. I checked, and it may be originally by a Native American known as Red Tree Woman. Shortly before reading this poem, I had been napping, and there was an extended vision where Lee was asking again... for the upteenth time... am I ready to see who he really is beyond his identity when I knew him in life. Usually a panorama of images of humans of all nationalities and historical eras, various land, sea, and air creatures including even insects and other creepy crawlies, plus aliens and deities result from this repeated inquiry from him... "who do you think I really am?" When I saw this poem, it touched me very deeply, that this was meant to convey more poetically what he displays in images of the One and the Many as the All That Is deep within our common Essence.

POEM

I am the beauty in all you see
but at times burdened in misery
I am the joy and sadness in your heart
the pride and joy that sets you apart
With words often felt but unsaid
I am the silent tears you shed
I am the echoes in your memory
golden treasures held close to me
I am joy, laughter and smiles
with the bright energy of a child
I am in your every thought
and bare scars from battles fought
I guide you with strength and care
I am the given love you share
I am reflections of what is your best
I am the peace that brings you the rest
I am the strength and dignity you hold
I am the reflection of your soul
invisible like vapors of air
yet I am always there
Our destinies are locked together
I will be with you forever
You will always feel me near
as a soft whisper I am here
I am all you think, feel and see
I am what you make me to be
I guide you in all that you do
I am the spirit within you
You are ever near it
Never fear it
Listen with your heart and hear it
I am your spirit
I am you.

Lots of Love,
Suzanne

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Dharma
Hi Suzanne & all...

I was thinking about posting something on Mats' and Gregory's discussion when your post came up, Suzanne.

The temple is the soul - perhaps particle and wave.

This led me to Dharma...which I am just starting to learn about.

Here's what I was going to write:

In a balanced state, a particle and a wave would not 'be' apt to define each other... it's point-less. (sorry...8))

From personal experience, I can say that neither could 'cross' the other out. I had religion growing up, and have been learning about depth psychology in my late 30's.

I suppose that had I been brought up in an atheist or more psychologically oriented environment, I'd now be learning about religion...in my late 30's.

Negating the 'mother' makes for atheism...even if one is 'Christian'.

The hope would be that I could integrate both aspects - making a coherent whole as opposed to a divisive line between the two - which to me is Dharma.

Anyway, I googled "dharma and soloman's temple" and found this:

"dharma is the innermost nature of every individual"

Beautiful!

warm regards,
pascal

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Post Re: Dharma - a dynamic and delicate balance?
pascal b wrote:
Hi Suzanne & all...

I was thinking about posting something on Mats' and Gregory's discussion when your post came up, Suzanne.

The temple is the soul - perhaps particle and wave.

This led me to Dharma...which I am just starting to learn about.

Here's what I was going to write:

In a balanced state, a particle and a wave would not 'be' apt to define each other... it's point-less. (sorry...8))

From personal experience, I can say that neither could 'cross' the other out. I had religion growing up, and have been learning about depth psychology in my late 30's.

I suppose that had I been brought up in an atheist or more psychologically oriented environment, I'd now be learning about religion...in my late 30's.

Negating the 'mother' makes for atheism...even if one is 'Christian'.

The hope would be that I could integrate both aspects - making a coherent whole as opposed to a divisive line between the two - which to me is Dharma.

Anyway, I googled "dharma and soloman's temple" and found this:

"dharma is the innermost nature of every individual"

Beautiful!

warm regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, I have been preoccupied again with the practical crisis issues in my daily life. Anyhow, I did look up about Dharma and its possible relationship to Debir - The "house" of God that only spiritual eyes can see... Here is an image of the book in which you found "dharma is the innermost nature of every individual":

In looking at the Google Books large text version of the book, I noticed a very interesting definition right under the Dharma one according to the author, Philip Gardiner. As I have mentioned before, it is hard for me to look at text and try to type it with my two finger method... but I took the time to do it just now into WORD so that I could copy and paste it into here.

Dharma

An Eastern word, dharma is the innermost nature of every individual and is the true being. It is the meaning of life. Man is not acting to his full ability if he does not know his dharma.

double or twin

Every person has his twin within himself. It is simply the opposites discussed elsewhere, the male and female principles. The monad is the whole of this. The Tibetans state that our Buddha or enlightened soul within ourselves has, in opposition, the Devadatta (the brother). This is the same as Set, who is the twin of Horus/Osiris; the reason for the twin pillars (between which we must pass in balance) of the Masons and others; the twin Aker jackal or lions of Egypt (Sphinx), between which resides the Great Pyramid; the Ida and Pingala channels of the East that rise up the spine through the chakras toward enlightenment; of Castor and Pollux; and of Romulus and Remus. It can also be broken down further in that each side has its own opposites. Take for instance the Divine Mother, the Holy Spirit or Ghost: she is good and beneficial, but she has herself an opposite other than the Divine Father. This opposite is known as the Durga, and is the ferocious aspect of the Divine Mother.

SOURCE: Gnosis

Oh well, this above is not working. If you want to see the page, it is 311, use Search inside for dharma.

http://books.google.com/books?id=jDVj1d ... nd+solomon

Suzanne

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm
Profile Personal album

Post so, if there's 2...
...then there must be 4.

Hi Suzanne,

I'm going to write some more on this tonight...but for now, the first impression :)

If there's 2 then there must be 4 - if I 'am' an infp then 2 of those characteristics are 'dark'...

I really wanted to write this to you so I would not forget it.

My dark side also has a light side...

warm regards,
pascal

*maybe this, Ann's signature, shows how to reconcile...first within, then without.

"To get the viewpoint of the other person appreciatively and profoundly and reconcile it with his own so far as possible is the supreme achievement of man and his highest vocation.
Henry Nelson Wieman"

...and the rest is that 'magic'... I say pneuma...the breath that carries the word(s).

pps: just found this. I decided to google "hu is god"... (I'm not sure why but I started to wonder about 'hues' - people represented to me the 'hues' between black and white (existence / non-existence)... Which was an extension of a search on the 'inner fire' (which I sometimes visualize as projecting through matter (the body), and creating a world to witness.

"The sound HU becomes limited in the word "ham", for the letter "m" closes the lips. In Hindustani this word expresses limitation because ham means "I" or "we," both of which words signify ego. The word "hamsa" is the sacred word of the yogis which illumines the ego with the light of reality. The word "huma" in the Persian language stands for a fabulous bird. There is a belief that if the "huma" bird sits for a moment on someone's head it is a sign that he will become a king. Its true meaning is that when a person's thoughts so evolve that they break all limitation, then he becomes as a king. It is the limitation of language that it can only describe the Most High as something like a king. It is said in the old traditions that Zoroaster was born of a "huma" tree. This explains the words in the Bible, "Except a man be born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." In the word "huma", "hu" represents spirit, and the word "mah" in Arabic means water. In English the word "human " explains two facts which are characteristic of humanity: "hu" means God and "man" means mind, which word comes from the Sanskrit "mana", mind being the ordinary person. The two words united represent the idea of the God-conscious person; in other words HU, God, is in all things and beings, but it is man by whom He is known. "Human " therefore may be said to mean God-conscious, God-realized, or God-man. The word "hamd" means praise, "hamid", praiseworthy, and "Muhammad", praiseful. The name of the Prophet of Islam was significant of his attitude to God."

http://www.sourcetext.com/hupage/Sufi/sufi0.html

kindest regards,
pascal

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Post Arthur M Young - photon, rotation, torus
murraycreek wrote:
Hi to All,

Suzanne, thanks for the above post.

All -- a couple days ago I came across a page printed out from a Forum discussion. It’s not dated but begins

Frank wrote: Von Franz relates that Jung had a vision in his last weeks of life . . . .she said the note had a zig zag line and the comment “the last fifty years of humanaity.”

Then Gregory wrote in greater detail, mentioning 2011 as ending date of Jung's vision.

And Kristin wrote
“Wanted to add here that the zig zag line is often noted in UFO/ET phenomena, being representative of a certain kind of energy or vibration it is presumed. . .

The print out referred to was stuck in notes I had accumulated around the creative design motif scale that has been an ongoing interest of mine for a number of years.

From my notes about the zig zag:

The zig-zag -- Oscillating and eruptive and like a sudden powerful lightning release, corresponds to the sxith dimension, to the ratio of space to time . . . speed . . . velocity. See Arthur M Young “The Measure Formulae”{ in Geometry of Meaning). “The speed of light” refers also to thought as light, as consciousness.

I thought I’d just throw this back on the table to see if it rings a bell for anyone.

Greg in his comments mentions Jung’s last fifty yearsas taking us to 2011.

Love and all good to all,
Ann

Hi Ann, Well, I have been accummulating lots of material over a couple of weeks about various meaningful coincidences, some of which are even more amazing than usual. Right now I do not have the time or focus to develop in detail the implications of the 3 "license plates" synchronicities over on another thread. QUARK, MAGIC, PHOTON. Anyhow, Lee seems to be leading me around back to an emphasis on Arthur M. Young (also related to Walter Russell). Come to think of it, I had a dream vision a few days ago about being with Lao Russell in some kind of in between realm. We were laughing hilariously for some reason over the term "wild woman" which may relate to the book titled something like, "Women Who Run with the Wolves". Are you familiar with that, and does it mean anything significant to you? Odd that I went off onto this mini-tangent, but perhaps it is related to the what I had intended to say about Young. My mind is mush right now. I need lots more sleep. Been too preoccupied with finding all the financial papers to get out of the severe crisis mode. OK, where was I?

Lee asked me to look up Arthur M Young with some specific terms in mind but ROTATION as the main one... not related to Young's invention of the helicopter but to an esoteric connection. See the images below this book description. You have studied Young for years. What do they indicate to you?

A Journey from Physics to Metaphysics

"The Bell Notes" is a diary kept by the noted inventor and author of "The Reflective Universe", Arthur M. Young. During the period from 1945 to 1947 when his helicopter, Bell Model 47, was perfected and awarded the world's first commercial helicopter license, he was already engaged in a new quest. This was to be spiritual rather than a technological one, and would lead him through Eastern philosophy, Jungian dream analysis, parapsychology and yoga. these explorations, as well as the day-to-day work on the helicopter, were recorded in a journal ....

... his quest for the "psycopter." or winged self,
is one of the great spiritual journeys of our time.

(from the back cover)

Image Image

Let's see, I keep getting my multiple open windows mixed up or closed by mistake. I will post this and then add the link to the web page that resulted from following Lee's instruction to place emphasis on ROTATION in my search... Here is the page that second torus with the turn in its central axis comes from. It is from the Arthur M. Young website but is by someone else writing about Young's process theory. I just gotta (slang for "really have to!") quote the section mentioning the word rotation many times.

THE THEORY OF EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS AS A UNIFYING PARADIGM

by Frank Barr, MD

......... This rotation topic first appears half way down the rather long essay page by Barr .........

E. Action and Rotation as Ultimates

Finally, in tackling the domain of "ultimates," Young's process model features the ontological priority of "light"-the photon or "quantum of action" and its equivalence with rotation. Science relies on the so-called measure formulae (where M = mass, L = length/position, and T time) to describe the universe. The measure formula for "action" is ML 2 /T, which is the same as that for angular momentum or "rotation." (Action -- i.e., random/'purposive, unconscious,' conscious impulse, insight or decision -- is instantaneous, point-like, and "projective particular" and is not to be confused with the "objective particular" behavior which it subsequently activates. (See Table 1.)

Advances in quantum physics, primarily derived from studies of the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) effect and Bell's Theorem (Stapp, 1983; Rohrlich, 1983; Davies, 1983), have recently culminated in a momentous series of experiments by a group of French researchers led by Alaine Aspect (1982) which have clearly established that the quantum of action has "non-local" properties. That is, light is in some sense "beyond/outside" space and time. [The "speed of light" is an absolute or invariant--i.e., unlike all other velocities, it is constant and can have no other value--and, as the theory of relativity suggests, it creates a boundary between the photonic quantum of action and all particulate matter.] The omnipresent, cosmic egg-like "quantum of action" (ML²/T, Planck's constant): 1) is itself counted (as are impulses, insights, and decisions, i.e., actions) and not measured. [As Young points out, you cannot lean out a window 1.42 times. Actions and quanta come in wholes without the fractions found in the measure components]; 2) contains the measure components; and 3) is the "window" of uncertainty/indeterminacy (free will), as noted by Heisenberg, which instantaneously breaks up (when observed or measured) into such measurable entities as energy and time, momentum and position, etc. In fact, through a process called "pair creation", the non-local, timeless, chargeless, massless photonic quantum of action literally creates time-bound, charge- and mass-containing particles (substance), such as the electron and positron or the proton and anti-proton. In other words, action appears to be ontologically prior to mass, charge, space, time, particles, forces, or fields.4

Distinguished physicists such as John A. Wheeler and David Bohm have recently joined Young in emphasizing the priority of the "elementary quantum phenomenon" or "light." In a recent Nobel conference and book, Mind in Nature, Wheeler (1982) reflects:

How did the universe come into being? Is that some strange, far-off process beyond hope of analysis? Or is the mechanism that comes into play one which all the time shows itself? Of all the signs which testify to "quantum phenomenon" (the quantum of action] as being the elementary act and building block of existence, none is more striking than its utter absence of internal structure and its untouchability. For a process of creation that can and does operate anywhere, that is more basic than particles or fields or spacetime geometry themselves, a process that reveals and yet hides itself, what could one have dreamed up out of pure imagination more magic and fitting than this?

Bohm (1983) points out that light "determines itself to make particles....." and that matter "is condensed or frozen light." Furthermore, he emphasizes that light is primary and time is derived from it and that, in itself, light has no time, no space, and no speed. He stresses that light (in its full sense) is one continuous, unbroken, undivided whole " . . . especially if you consider the quantum theory which says that the action in it is undivided as well." To bring home the ultimate nature of light, Bohm clearly points out that: "Light is what enfolds all the universe. . . it's the potential for everything . . . the fundamental activity in which existence has its ground. . ."

It is well known that every organic interaction--that is, every change of orbit of every electron of every atom of every molecule of every cell of every tissue of every organism--is ultimately due to the activational exchange of photons. Young's predictive theory and the ultimate significance of light led to my own research (Barr, 1983; 1982) regarding the light-absorbing black molecule (neuro)melanin.5 This unique phase-timing molecule--(and/or its closely related pigment polymer allies, such as melanoidin and the isopentenoids)--is an excellent candidate for the primary turning point of evolutionary process. (See Figure 1.) That is, via the appropriate trigger-like spark of light/action (the original "virgin birth"), the melanin/melanoidin-building blocks (the 4th substage of the 4th stage) may have autopolymerized or self-organized into this remarkable light-absorbing polymer (the 5th substage of the 4th stage). Light (action) could then develop and utilize this autopoietic, phase-timing molecular vehicle for its evolutionary ascent--from the organization of DNA (Barr, 1983a; 1983b) and "life" to the organization of self-conscious mentation (Barr, 1982) and beyond. Of particular relevance to this light-directed ascent toward anthropotheic enlightenment is the ancient gnostic myth of an original being of light, recounted by Marie-Louise von Franz (1975):

Highly dramatic accounts are given by various Gnostics of the journey taken by the "Light-Man" or by the personified principle of light, the Anthropos, who is identical with the supreme godhead. At first he travels in a spiritual beyond but then, persuaded by evil star-powers, he falls or flows down into matter and is finally broken up into thousands of sparks of light or is scattered throughout matter as a "crucified world-soul," there to await redemption. His liberation is effected through the efforts of a Redeemer sent by God, or it may be the task of the single individual to free the pneumatic original being within himself and to return with him to the kingdom of light. The gnostic Anthropos myth lived on, underground, in the alchemical tradition and in Hermetic philosophy, down to the beginning of the contemporary period.

Throughout the history of religion and mysticism, light has been described as the ultimate mystical phenomenon (or noumenon). The spectrum of ancient religions--

1) Hinduism--Vedanta, Sankya/Yoga;

2) Buddhism--Tibetan, Pure Land, etc.;

3) Persian religions--Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Islamic Sufism;

4) Neo-Taoism--(c.f. "The Secret of the Golden Flower')

5) Gnosticism, etc.; --have at one time or another unquestionably equated Light and God, especially in their earliest texts. (Eliade, 1965; 1978; 1982; Corbin, 1978; Jonas, 1963). Furthermore, contemporary near-death experiences (NDE's) center on ineffable light, as do ancient mystical transit texts such as the Tibeten Book of the Dead. Illumination or "enlightenment" is literally the name of the game.

Recall, however, that action and rotation have the same measure formula and that the torus itself consists of two perpendicular "circularities." Like action(s), angular momentum/rotation/rhythmic cycles are truly universal--from photons, particles, atoms, and molecules (including the resonating/rotating rings of melanin) to the rotating cellular centrioles, the direct current loops of cells and tissues, the rhythmic functional circuits of the neuroendocrine system, the ultradian/circadian/lunar/solar rhythms, and the rotation of solar systems, galaxies and the universe itself. As integrative religious scholars such as Mircea Eliade (1954; 1965; 1978; 1982) continue to point out, the comparative study of ancient religions and myths, throughout the world convincingly indicates that ultimate reality is a coincidentia oppositorum and is cyclic in nature.6 In Hamlet's Mill Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Deschend (1969) note that the most ancient and universal myths appear to have rotational motifs and astronomical/astrological origins. Ernest McClain (1976; 1982) believes that "ancient wisdom" (including the gamut of pre-literate oral traditions) is based on a numerical, rotating "tonal zodiac" (of 360 and 720 degrees). In short, several lines of inquiry suggest that action/rotation may be the key-to unraveling the dilemma of "ultimates."

In The Geometry of Meaning, Young (1976b) outlines what promises to be one of his greatest contributions to the study of consciousness: a "rosetta stone" of rotation delineating the "meaning" of the phases of rotation--(which includes the coincidentia oppositorium, though not explicitly stated as such)--both in terms of the contemporary measure formulae of physics and in terms of the ancient phase-timing system of astrology. Furthermore, his "cycle of action" and "learning cycle" (Young, 1976a; 1976b; 1980; forthcoming; Saloma, 1980) are not only consistent with the latest findings in neuropsychology regarding the etiology and mechanisms of "attention" and conscious and unconscious action and reaction (Barr, 1982) but may very well clarify phase-timing in general. In a forthcoming book, Young discusses the problem of how photonic rotation can occur "prior" to space and time, suggesting that such rotation occurs in "meaning space," i.e., the rotation itself creates space and time. He also presents some of his potential breakthroughs in astrology, a subject that he has studied in depth for many years and has personally verified with amazing accuracy. His developmental extensions in astrological phase-timing beyond the foundations of "classical astrology" may perhaps-prove to be comparable to the advancement of twentieth century physics beyond classical Newtonian physics..7

Conclusion

Young's theory of evolutionary process successfully fulfills all the criteria for a unifying paradigm in that it satisfactorily unites:

1) the projective and objective realms of reality;

2) "mind" and "body;

3) freedom/free will and constraint/determinism;

4) teleology and reductionism;

5) God and Nature;

6) religion and science;

7) ancient wisdom and contemporary knowledge.

In addition, it proposes "Light" (action/rotation) as the immanent and transcendent "First Cause" and/or "Ground of Being," which purposively constrains, develops, and ultimately re-discovers or realizes Itself (and Its infinite manifestations) via a reflexive toroidal process composed of seven stages (and substages) evolving over four levels of freedom and constraint.

This theory is currently the only paradigm which thoroughly encompasses all realms of reality and is equally "at home" with the intricacies of both science and religion. It illustrates the unifying purpose and structure, the function and form of the ancient myths, the ancient religions, and the ancient esoteric systems (especially astrology). It also incorporates the effective core of solidly substantiated science as well as such avant-garde scientific theories as: 1) non-linear dynamics, "dissipative structures," and self-organizational systems (Prigogine, 1980; Jantsch, 1980; Lawrence and Adey, 1982; Mandell, 1982); 2) "morphogenetic fields" (Sheldrake. 1981); 3) holographic memory (Pribram, 1971); etc.

Unfortunately, only a relatively small amount of Young's extraordinary consciousness research has been published, and only a small amount of that which has been published is outlined here. Furthermore, even the most fundamental principles of the theory of evolutionary process cannot be satisfactorily summarized in such a cursory review as this. For example, the inner dynamics of toroidal process, which transpire through specific interlinking "triads" (the seven Veblen-Young "committees" of projective geometry) are not covered here. Moreover, the comprehensive nature of this paradigm demands a dedicated cross-disciplinary effort on behalf of each consciousness researcher/explorer in order to be fully appreciated. One must, as it were, "put it on and wear it" until it feels comfortable.

In summary, I fully agree with Grof (1983) that Young's process theory is a serious candidate for the metaparadigm of the future. It is especially valuable to the student of consciousness research who has been seeking in vain for a comprehensive approach that does justice both to science and to human experience. I enthusiastically encourage the open discussion, criticism, expansion, and application of this remarkably integrative theory. END

SOURCE: http://www.arthuryoung.com/barr.html
BE SURE TO SEE ALL THE ILLUSTRATIONS!

Hmm, maybe I just found the answer, in the above essay, to what I was going to ask a lady next week who has a scientific and engineering background... about what the esoteric meaning may have been of something the One and Only worked on in life (not the "thing" we usually think of, Ann)... I am going to check a bit on that before going back to sleep... well, la-dee-da... no kidding... the word rotation is used about 20 times in the write-up online about the item.

Next post I will paste in a comparison between Walter Russell's last scientific painting before he died and a colorful illustration of the Arthur Young torus -- very similar although they were originated by each quite a few years apart.

Lots of Love, Suzanne

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 am
Profile Personal album

Post Arthur Young
Hi Suzanne and All,

Thanks for the great post. Having read through it on line I will print it out and make comments. What stands out for me on first reading is

Quote:
... his quest for the "psycopter." or winged self,
is one of the great spiritual journeys of our time.

It seems to me we are so close (collectively) to grasping the implications of this quest for the Winged Self. I know that when I was writing Higher Ground Young's work was crucial for my seeing how the major events of the life of Jesus (as the Christ) followed his (Young's) levels of Consciousness. The illustrations I refer to are in the link you provide and advise noting.

Anxious to get into discussion on all of this and see where it leads.

With love to all for now,
Ann

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Post Rotation A Property of Light
Suzanne,

Not sure how this adds to your discussion but I thought I would mention the following aspect about light polarization.

Quote:
Polarization is a property of certain types of waves that describes the orientation of their oscillations. Electromagnetic waves, such as light, and gravitational waves exhibit polarization; acoustic waves (sound waves) in a gas or liquid do not have polarization because the direction of vibration and direction of propagation are the same.

The rotation property has many astronomical uses even when observing light. It is noted that such light propagates as a transverse wave at a certain angle (linear polarization). Some suspect light gets “tired” and this seems to be a connection to the “quality” of light. Another simile for Remo’s theory about the need to help the WS “violate” the “conservation” law by increasing the quality of “light” in creation. Here is an example of circular polarized light.

Quote:
Circular Polarized Light behaves like the electromagnetic wave. Within each photon as well as "among" all photons propagating together in one state (of a ray of light) we have this potential composition of two linear plane polarized photon influences summing with appropriate phase to create circularly polarized light...

Gregory

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Post Our God (and Goddess) who art our Winged Self
Hi Gregory, All of these terms and images about light, rotation, and waves are difficult for me to comprehend. I mentioned somewhere on the forum quite some time ago that I had thought Lee said something to me back in the late 1950s about the word transversal, but that maybe I did not hear or remember it correctly. Since then I found in an old notebook that I had a conversation a bit later in the mid-1960s with someone else about what I thought Lee had said, and there I definitely used the word transversal. When I looked that up online, I found out that transverse waves were directly related to one of his inventions. When checking more into transverse in relation to the image you provided, I found another similar image with the rotation aspect made clearer.

Image Image

However, when Lee had mentioned it to me, when I was about 15, he was talking about some kind of esoteric process perhaps similar to the Akashic records whereby everything anybody and everybody ever does or thinks or says is forever preserved in some way. He had also referred to this as being somewhat like a motion picture and sound recording of all that had ever happened upon the Earth. It turns out if I want to get a clearer idea of what he was implying, all I have to do is come across some early 20th Century Rosicrucian document. Oddly enough, that happened last night. I was looking up something else but came across this book. (See the paragraphs marked in red below because they are similar to what he had said to me.)

The Secret Doctrine of the Rosicrucians, by Magus Incognito, [1918], at sacred-texts.com

As has been said in the preceding chapters of this book, the Soul of the Demi-Gods has as its distinctive and characteristic consciousness the conscious realization of its relationship to the All—to the Universal Life. Its mental and spiritual horizon has expanded until, in its higher stages, it takes in All Life and feels itself identified therewith. All that has come to man of humanity, justice, kindness, sympathy, nobility and Human Brotherhood has come to him filtered through from this higher region of himself. Man feels sympathy for others because of his dawning sense of his relationship to, or Oneness with all the rest. With the coming of the flashes of the Cosmic Consciousness, all narrow feelings of distinction and caste fade away, and he feels the urge of Unity. Not only does he enjoy the thrill of Universal Life, but he also may suffer the World-Pain, at least until a fuller understanding of the latter comes to him.

A writer has well said of this stage of consciousness: "As man unfolds spiritually, he feels his relationship with all mankind, and he begins to love his fellow-man more and more. It hurts him to see others suffering, and when it hurts him enough he tries to do something to remedy it. As time goes on and man develops, the terrible suffering which many human beings undergo today will be impossible, for the reason that the unfolding spiritual consciousness of the race will make the pain be felt so severely by all that the race will not be able to stand it any longer, and it will rebel and insist that matters be remedied. From the inner recesses of the soul comes a protest against the following of the lower animal nature, and, although we may put it aside for a time, it will become more and more persistent, until finally we will be forced to heed it. The struggle between the higher and lower natures has been noticed by all careful observers of the human soul, and many theories have been advanced to account for it. In former times it was taught that man was being tempted by the devil on the one hand, and helped by a guardian angel on the other hand. But, as all occultists know, the struggle is between the two elements of man's nature, not exactly warring, but each following its own line of effort, and the Ego is torn and bruised in its efforts to adjust itself. The Ego is in a transition stage of consciousness, and the struggle is quite painful at times, but the growing soul in time rises above the attraction of the lower nature, and its dawning spiritual consciousness enables to understand his real nature and his real place in the universe."

The same writer has said: "The higher planes of the soul are also the source of the 'inspiration' which certain poets, painters, sculptors, writers, preachers, orators, and others have received in all times and in all lands. This is the source from which the seer obtains his vision—the prophet his insight and foresight. Many have concentrated themselves upon high ideals in their work, and have received rare knowledge from this source, attributing it to beings of another world—but the inspiration came from within: it was the voice of the Higher Self speaking to the Ego."

The writer aforesaid, informs us as follows concerning the experiences of Inspiration and Illumination coming to the Ego from the regions of this Higher Self: "These experiences, of course, vary materially according to the degree of unfoldment of the individual, his previous training, his temperament, etc., but there are certain characteristics common to all. The common features are as follows: (1) A conviction of a sense of actual being—of immortality; this apart from faith or religious conviction, and coming seemingly from a deeper source than these—it has been described as 'the faith that knows.' (2) A total slipping away of all fear and the acquirement of a feeling of trust, certainty, and confidence, which is beyond the comprehension of those who have never experienced it. (3) A feeling of universal Love which sweeps over one—a Love which includes all Life, from those near to one in the flesh to those at the furthest parts of the universe; from those whom we hold as pure and holy, to those whom we have regarded as vile, wicked, and utterly unworthy. All feelings of self-righteousness and condemnation seem to slip away, and one's love, like the light of the sun, falls upon all alike, irrespective of their degree of development or 'goodness.' (4) A feeling of the utmost bliss and joy, the memory of which abides long after the actual experience. (5) A feeling of exalted knowledge and wisdom, in which all doubt disappears and a sense of understanding the deeper meaning of all things takes its place, for the time of the experience at least. To some these experiences have come as a deep reverent mood or feeling, which took possession of them for a time, while others have seemed to be in a dream and have become conscious of a spiritual uplifting accompanied by a sensation of being surrounded by a brilliant and all-pervading light or glow. To some, certain truths have become manifest in the form of symbols, the full meaning of which in some cases have not become apparent until long after the actual experience.

"These experiences, when they have come to one, have left him in a new state of mind, and he has never been the same man afterward. Although the keenness of the recollection has worn off, there remains a certain memory which long afterward proves a source of comfort and strength to him, especially when he feels faint of faith and is shaken like a reed by the winds of conflicting opinions and speculations. The memory of such an experience is a source of renewed strength—a haven of refuge to which the weary soul flies for shelter from the outside world which understands it not. From the writings of the ancient philosophers of all races, from the songs of the great poets of all peoples, from the preachings of the prophets of all religions and times we can gather traces of this illumination which has come to them—this unfoldment of spiritual consciousness. One tells the story in one way, the other in other terms, but all tell practically the same essential story. All who have recognized this illumination, even in a faint degree, recognize the like experience in the tale, song, or preaching of another, though centuries may roll between them. It is the song of the Soul, which when once heard is never forgotten. Though it be sounded by the crude instruments of the semi-barbarous races, or the finished instruments of the talented musician of today, its strains are plainly recognized. From Old Egypt comes the song—from India of all ages—from Ancient Greece and Rome—from the early Christian saint—from the Quaker Friend—from the Catholic monasteries—from the Mohammedan Mosque—from the Chinese Philosopher—from the legends of the American Indian hero-prophet—it is always the same strain, and it is swelling louder and louder, as many more are taking it up and adding their voices or the sounds of their instruments to the grand chorus."

The student must remember that in the experiences noted above, the individual simply has flashes, or period of dawning consciousness on this Sixth Plane of Consciousness, and is not to be regarded as having entered fully and completely into its manifestations, much less as having evolved into a state in which he functions normally and habitually on this high plane. There are beings—once men—who have evolved into the higher state in which they function normally and habitually on this plane of conscious being; but these individuals are no more than mere men, and have earned the right to be called "Demi-Gods." But, even as they once were men, so all men become as they now are by the unfoldment of this higher region of Self. These flashes of consciousness from this high plane are prophetic signs and messages indicating the awakening of the higher faculties, and giving assurance of further growth and unfoldment.....

.....It must be apparent to every careful student that it is practically impossible to speak in ordinary terms of the expression and manifestation of the Self which is known to the Rosicrucians as "The Soul of the Gods." It is sufficient for the purpose to merely indicate its existence as a phase of the Ego—existing in a latent state in most individuals, but affording occasional flashes of its presence to a few, and destined to become the normal plane of conscious functioning to the whole race in the course of spiritual evolution. Moreover, on certain planes of life and being, even today, there exist beings to whom this phase of consciousness is habitual and normal, even as is the plane of human consciousness normal and habitual to the majority of our race today.

To such beings, separated from the Infinite Unmanifest—the Eternal Parent—but by the most tenuous and subtle substance serving as the veil, the whole process of the Universe must appear merely as a great moving picture show of shadow forms, magnificent phantasmagoria having apparent substance and form but having no actual reality when viewed from the aspect of the Eternal. Such beings are, indeed, Gods as compared with the rest of living creatures. Close up to the very heart of the Eternal, these exalted beings are conscious of the very heartthrobs of the Eternal Parent.

As almost incredible as it may seem, however, there are among us on earth today certain advanced souls in whom this consciousness has already begun to manifest itself; and their number is growing. Such souls have experienced an actual conscious realization of the truth that the One is All, and that other than the One there is nothing—the entire array of the Cosmic Phantasmagoria being perceived as Illusion, Mirage, Maya, Glamour, Unreality. Into such, the Soul of the Gods is beginning to manifest itself.

The student must not fall into the error of supposing that man really has seven separate and distinct souls, either tied together like a bundle of twigs, or else worn as one would wear seven overcoats, one over the other. The symbol is only figurative, and must not be construed literally. There are not seven selves in man—but only One Self concealed by seven veils, each of which while serving to conceal the real nature of the Self yet serves to disclose the presence and power thereof to some degree. It is as if seven planes of variously colored glass, ranging from the darkest to the almost-transparent and colorless, were to be placed before a brilliant light. The darker glass would almost entirely obscure the Light, though yet revealing its presence in some of its rays; the next lighter would reveal more, and obscure less; and so on to the last in which the obscuration was but slight, and the revelation almost perfect. All illustrations of this ineffable fact of the Eternal are, by the very nature of things, imperfect, faulty, and misleading if taken too literally.

The lesson to the student is that in every man there lie concealed the potentiality of Godhood, and stages less than Godhood though above that of ordinary Manhood; and that in every man also abide the lower phases of manifested existence, even the very lowest of all. The wise man uses the lower, but does not allow the lower to use him; he maintains a positive, masterful mental attitude toward the lower planes of being, while opening himself receptively to the influences of the higher planes of his Self.

In conclusion, you are asked to once more consider the Seventh Aphorism: "The Soul of Man is Sevenfold, yet but One in essence: Man's spiritual Unfoldment has as its end the Discovery of Himself beneath the Seven-fold Veil."

SOURCE: http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/sdr/sdr10.htm

or the more recent Rosicrucian symbol of the Winged Self

Prayer of the Winged Self
Our God who art our Winged Self

by Kahlil Gibran

It is Thy will in us that willeth It is Thy desire in us that desireth It is thy urge in us, that would Turn our nights, which are Thine Into days, which are Thine also. We cannot ask Thee for aught For thou knowest our needs Before they are born in us. Thou art our need and In giving us more of Thyself. Thou givest all.

SOURCE: http://www.nabcenter.org/wing.html

Suzanne

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 1133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next