UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 pm

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
 The Eiffel Tower = phallus of the queen? 

Post The Eiffel Tower = phallus of the queen?
I often dream of the Eiffel Tower. I don't know why. I'll say two of my dreams. But first, I will discuss an excerpt from a book by Etienne Perrot, "The garden of the Queen"which I discovered today:

Perrot will bury his cat, at night, near the Eiffel tower. This is the full moon.
<<[...]Despite its feminine name ( in french, we say : LA tour eiffel ) , is male, outrageously male. Not only in form, but its name since she was attracted to her, I knew I had to spell FL, as a flame, flambeau (= torch), and Flamel (Nicolas), the great ancestor. So we have, as a good image of alchemy, left the moon and humidity, and right the phallus, the flame amount of land, the "earthly sun".>>

first dream (2009)

I am in Ste-Foy-Lès-Lyon. I see a church in a pyramid shape, very nice. She becomes a "normal" church , very nice also. I change my street. Everything becomes dark at once. I tell myself to go to the light, I must face my darkness. I find myself behind a car. There is no driver. The car ahead of itself, slowly. the dream becomes lucid. In the distance, I see the Eiffel tower and a huge moon. Beautiful and impressive vision. The car headed towards the Eiffel Tower. I wake up.

Before talking about the second dream, I have to show the view I have from the window of my apartment in Lyon :

left the basilica Notre Dame de Fourvière and right metallic tower

Metallic tower : ( source:wikipedia)It is a round metal structure with a size of 85.90 m and weighing 210 tonnes, of which the architecture is similar to the third floor of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Some Lyonnais nicknamed "Eiffel Tower" and a widespread rumor in Lyon attributes to Gustave Eiffel, although it has no kinship with the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Built from 1892 to 1894, its construction was supported by the municipality to erect on the hill Fourvière a Republican monument opposing Notre-Dame de Fourviere.

second dream (2010)

I see the basilica Notre Dame de Fourvière and just above it, there is the "subtle" Eiffel Tower, suspended in the air. There is also two rainbows.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I think these dreams are counterpoising the basilicas with the metallic towers. The basilicas are for the populace, as they represent the major institutionalized path toward God, as instititutions of the Roman Catholic Church. The metallic towers also point toward God but are modern constructions, which signify the personal path, somehow. It is really more advanced, although it doesn't seem so from its outer appearance. The Eiffel tower is seen in connection with the full moon, and the Eiffel tower is "subtle". Thus it is superior. I think that the old Catholic faith can, in some persons, be a hindrance for the spiritual relation. That's why you first see the church as a pyramid, which is an age-old spiritual symbol. It is certainly seductive, but it's completely passé and represents an archaic spirituality, which is not relevant anymore.

Mats

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 am
Profile WWW

Post Earth Mother
IN France, the ancient churches some of them like Chartres if I recall correctly, were built on top of pagan earth mother temples.There was a statue of earth mother for centuries then it was put inside and called Catholic "Notre Dame" - Our Mother; my feeling only but felt that France always retained that elemental earthy character as a Catholic country. Likewise the Eifell tower takes dominance but rises to carry France competitively into the world today. Your dream of moon and Eiffel Tower shows balance of yin and yang in your life. There is a movie I watch with my daughter to illustrate animus light and dark in a young girl but as a folk tale it shows the death of "mother" in France in 1917, the "house of God" being the Opera Populaire; a recent version of Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler. In the folk tradition, this time God destroys the world not by water, but by fire: Electricity: electricity is man's fire, the conquerer, replacing candle light. Opera Populaire never recovered its karma. One can feel at home in the new France of the Eiffel Tower; I enjoyed Henri Langoir's Cinematique up near Eiffel tower every night & there is no place like Paris at 4 am to walk the streets.

In this children's book, the 12 girls - the full zodiac representing France - are yin, following the celestial 13th - the cosmic mother represented by the nun - to the Eiffel Tower:

The sadness of the passing out of dominance of the earth mother can be exquisitely felt in this movie, Last Tango in Paris, by the master, Bernardo Bertoluchi:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Post Re: Yanginization of the Feminine vs. La Conformista Feminis
Junis wrote:
The 'metal tower' as 'phallus of the queen' might point to a genuine 'yanginization of the feminine', which in the 'piscean age' is reserved for males (and those 'radical feminists' who abort their femininity to play 'la conformista' with the piscean power culture)

Jan

P.S.: no need to agree with me on this one, it's just how I personally feel about it, and by those 'radical feminists', I only mean some, not all :-), but, of course I am a man, so how dare I say anything about 'genuine femininity'. I guess, I deserve the guillotine for that!

Hi Jan, My short answer to this for now is that all individuals should have the right to be whatever it is they feel inclined to be as far as femininity or masculinity is concerned, regardless of whether they are male or female in gender.

My real issue is that I need help in finding out who posted the photo of the car with the MAGIC license plate? Also, where is that post on the forum? I could not find it last night and this morning. I saw a license plate saying PHOTONX on my way home a few nights ago and want to post about that in conjunction with the MAGIC post. Do you have any memory about this since your brain cells are a lot younger than mine?

Suzanne

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:49 pm

- Matts, you say "That's why you first see the church as a pyramid, which is an age-old spiritual symbol. It is certainly seductive, but it's completely passé and represents an archaic spirituality, which is not relevant anymore. " We can find wisdom in all traditions. Avatar movie suggests that the archaic spirituality is a good thing (protection of Mother Earth)

- Bernie, you say "IN France, the ancient churches some of them like Chartres if I recall correctly, were built on top of pagan earth mother temples" It reminds me of a dream where my mother suggested going to Chartres.
I do not know if it's relevant but the candles on your picture remind me of a dream where I was attending a muslim religious ceremony that brought together men, women and children. There were lots of candles.
on the cover of the book, can we say Eiffel Tower = tree?

- Jan,I have not seen any films by Bertolucci. I am also the sign of the Pisces. Maria Schneider, actress of "Last Tango in Paris" died recently. She seems to have been traumatized by this film.
you say : "But the Eiffeltower as 'phallus of the queen' is something else, a portal to a new form of 'sexuality'" sexuality with divinity?

Last edited by fox on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Post magic
Hi all...

Suzanne, here: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... 2223#12223

But yes, the image is no longer there... perhaps she (Beth) can re-post?

pascal

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Post Synchronicity?
I just watched a TV show, two comedians were invited to present their new film (a comedy). In the trailer, one of two heroes of the film (the two heroes come from Algeria) has a map of the Eiffel Tower in his hands and said, "we would have found this place, it must be a form of church "

youtube trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vK7tN0BfQc

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Post Re: magic -- quark and photon
pascal b wrote:
Hi all...

Suzanne, here: http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... 2223#12223

But yes, the image is no longer there... perhaps she (Beth) can re-post?

pascal

Hi Pascal, I find it rather magical that you would have seen the QUARK license plate, Beth saw the MAGIC license plate, and I saw the PHOTON license plate all within a relatively short span of time.

Looking at that 3 quarks page again just now, I guess it was there that you mentioned epilepsy or somebody did there or somebody did here. I have my driving glasses on and am not able to read the computer screen very well. Temporal Lobe Epilepsy is NOT an explanation for lucid, synchonistic, or inspiring dreams or visions, especially ones that have some kind of clearly evidential content That being said, some researchers do believe that there is a section of the brain that could be thought of as the contact point with God and the Beyond. Having such a location in the material brain structure does NOT mean that spiritual experiences are not real.

More on this topic at the Ann-Suzanne Blog sometime this weekend.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 pm
Profile Personal album

Post License Plate
Hi everyone -

I don't know why this image disappeared from my post above. I had loaded it into the Photobucket hosting site to shrink it down - importing it directly from my phone made it too big. Here it is again!

Believe it or not - when I first took the photo, I didn't notice the handicap marker. I only saw it when I posted the photo here on the forum!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 am
Profile Personal album

- Matts, you say "That's why you first see the church as a pyramid, which is an age-old spiritual symbol. It is certainly seductive, but it's completely passé and represents an archaic spirituality, which is not relevant anymore. " We can find wisdom in all traditions. Avatar movie suggests that the archaic spirituality is a good thing (protection of Mother Earth)....

Yes, for a person that exists on that spiritual level, i.e. if he has a Stone Age personality, characterized by the pyramid form of spirituality. M-L von Franz says that society today contains people from all historical levels. She herself had encountered a Stone Age man whose spirituality was strongly bound up with nature, and he loved to be with Mother Nature in the nude. There are also many medievals living today, and there are pagans, too, as we can see from the diverse forms of New Age spirituality. My idea is that if a person is really determined to live out his spirituality on a modern level, then devotion to an archaic form of spirituality presents a hindrance. Of course, I am not certain that this is the meaning of the dream.
/Mats

Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Archaic level
Mats, I do not agree that having an archaic level is a hindrance for spirituality. However, one should also have the level of today. Perhaps this was ment when Pauli wrote in a letter to Markus Fierz:

What is still older is always the newer

Pauli says this in the context of Kepler who went back to Pythagoras. This way he became a co-founder of modern science. Also the teacher of Pauli, Arnold Sommerfeld, was deeply pythagoreic.

This sentence of Pauli is the motto of my Return of the World Soul; and as much as I can judge, I am a modern mystic.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: The Eiffel Tower = phallus of the queen?
fox wrote:
I see the basilica Notre Dame de Fourvière and just above it, there is the "subtle" Eiffel Tower, suspended in the air. There is also two rainbows.

Yes, fox, I would say that this is the phallus of the queen. It is subtle, and in the other dream together with the moon.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Archaic level
Remo Roth wrote:
Mats, I do not agree that having an archaic level is a hindrance for spirituality. However, one should also have the level of today. Perhaps this was ment when Pauli wrote in a letter to Markus Fierz:

What is still older is always the newer

Pauli says this in the context of Kepler who went back to Pythagoras. This way he became a co-founder of modern science. Also the teacher of Pauli, Arnold Sommerfeld, was deeply pythagoreic.

This sentence of Pauli is the motto of my Return of the World Soul; and as much as I can judge, I am a modern mystic.

Remo

I don't mind the notion that a modern form of spirituality harks back to ancient forms of spirituality, while it does it in a modern way. What I'm saying is that different forms of institutionalized spirituality, foremostly in the form of religions, can present a hindrance to a modern free form of spirituality. For instance, if you're a worshipper in the Catholic Church, it can prevent you from taking part in the spiritual aspect of nature, the region of Pan, as it were. Personally, I delight in nature, where the goddess Diana roams. But to go wherever we want, even to the archaic level, is a modern conception. In medieval times (and still today) Christianity always tried to root out older forms of spirituality, or newer.

Mats

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:04 am
Profile WWW

Post Fuji

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Post Dream of Jung's office
Dream of this night:

I am holding a book written by a man. On the cover, there is the office of CG Jung. I would like a magnifying glass to examine the room. On his desk, there are two little angels. There are also statues of deities. They look like Hindu deities, like on this picture : (except that in the dream, they are a dark color.)

I tell myself that if these gods are on his desk that he has seen in a dream. I think the human condition. We are mortal unlike gods.

details of the dream I'm not sure: the man who wrote the book focuses on the deities. At one point the cover changed: there is a strange deity above: neither man nor animal. This divinity is present on the desk of Jung.

End of the dream.

Comment:
This man's book reminds me of the book "The Man and His Symbols. " Perhaps I should read it.
My dream makes me think of this book: (which I have not read)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm

The dream seems to encourage that you take an interest in the images of the unconscious and study them, for instance, as they come to expression in the history of religion. It needn't mean that you should read the actual book Man and his Symbols (although it is a good read), but that you should allow your interest in man and his symbols, overall, to come to expression. This dream expresses Jung as something of an Hindu polytheist, which is very remote from the Christian standpoint. Perhaps it compensates an unconscious commitment to Christianity in yourself, and that you have a somewhat averse attitude towards "pagan superstitions"(?). But Jung's form of spirituality, as expressed in this dream, is really more modern than Christianity.

Mats

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Mats. I agree with your interpretation. I was angry with Christianity, but the books of Annick de Souzenelle reconciled me with the Bible.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Post Do you believe in angels ?
In my dream about the office of Jung, there are two angels.
My dream seems to invite me to become interested in various forms of the divine. I posted this dream on my blog. Someone told me that this dream reminded her of Drunvalo Melchizedek, without elaborating. Some time ago, a book by this author caught my attention because of its title. I think, without being sure that I dreamed several times of that name in a dream.

On youtube, there is a video subtitled in French by this author. There is a passage that intrigues me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f40n1FCFbbg (english)

"then the angels, or spheres of light (they were angels from their own point of view) have begun to guide me to the indigenous world and that's where we comes to Maya"

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Post two angels
Two angels, if they are undifferenciated, may suggest a portal to the unconscious, as when you enter a Chinatown neighborhood in most cities there are two guardian lions. Sometimes birds, sometimes dogs. Any case, a portal to the Unconscious with Jung as first guide. The beginning of a psychological journey if you choose to enter the portal. I recall a dream of a priest who dreamed of a coyote who led him across the desert to a golden door; there was a celestial child opening the door. He wrote a whole book about a conversation he had with the coyote outside the gate and never entered the golden door.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

Could I add your answer on my blog (mentioning you in of course)?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Post ok
ok

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Post 2 angels 2 witnesses
fox wrote:
Dream of this night:
On his desk, there are two little angels.

Fox, this Drunvalo M... is a fake, yet it's sure the Two Angels are an important figure, as the Two Kerubim at Eden's gate, as the Two Witnesses of the Apocalypse.
I have developed elsewhere I saw a strong relation between Jung-Haemmerli and Elijah-Enoch, the two 'undead' of the Old Testament. They became essential figures in the Jewish world, but Enoch was worshipped by esoteric gnosis and Elijah by the 'official' Judaism.
Quite strangely I came to discover last month Christian associations of Elijah-Enoch to Kerubim and to Witnesses.
I was led to take a look at the first 'spiritual' article I came to publish, under an alias as it was in the review Connaissance des Religions, with most trends of which I disagreed. My article just followed another one about the unique theme of the Cruas abbey mosaic, showing Elijah-Enoch (Helias and Henoc) as guardians of the two trees of Eden (Lignum and Ficus) :

In January too I discovered by chance the French translation of Father Elijah : an Apocalypse, a novel by Michael O'Brien, a convinced Catholic writer.
I didn't dig at all its Catholic joy of suffering for God, but I read it until the end hoping to see a sync with an Enoch somewhere, and discovered at last page that the name Elijah had been carefully chosen, as the reader learns that someone who looked as a minor character, nicknamed Brother Ass, had for real name Brother Enoch. The last sentence shows Elijah and Enoch coming to Jerusalem, in troubled times.
It's left to the reader to guess they're going to be killed there, as were the Two Witnesses of Apocalypse, sometimes identified to Elijah-Enoch.
I already knew this, but didn't suspect it could be thought to be known enough so that a novel might end like this.
The author confirms the whole thing here :
http://www.studiobrien.com/novels/quest ... ijahq.html

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:56 am
Profile WWW

"I have developed elsewhere I saw a strong relation between Jung-Haemmerli and Elijah-Enoch"
http://quaternite.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... s-tog.html
Here, for example :) very interesting !

"In January too I discovered by chance the French translation of Father Elijah : an Apocalypse, a novel by Michael O'Brien, a convinced Catholic writer" yes, I read part of his interview...

"as the reader learns that someone who looked as a minor character, nicknamed Brother Ass, had for real name Brother Enoch" conjunctio oppositorum ?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Post René Girard
-The two witnesses:
Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. 9For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts[/b[b]], because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

-About "Au hasard Balthazard" , I read this :
"The men take revenge on him for their failures and frustrations, leave the donkey at the earliest opportunity. It supports the weight of the sins of men and misfortunes of the world"

- René Girard:
( I'm not sure of the translation)
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Girard

If two people want the same thing there will soon be a third, a fourth. The process is easily snowball. The subject is quickly forgotten, mimetic rivalries spread, and mimetic conflict becomes generalized antagonism: chaos, lack of differentiation, "war of all against all" Hobbes, what Girard calls mimetic crisis. How can this crisis be resolved it, how peace can she come back?

For Girard, this puzzle is one with the problem of the appearance of the sacred. It is precisely at the height of the crisis of all against all that may involve a saving mechanism: the all against all violence can be transformed into an all against one. If it does not fire is the destruction of the group. Why the term mechanism? Is that it depends on no one but from the imitation itself. Mimetic rivalry more exasperated over rivals tend to forget things that were originally more they are fascinated by each other. At this stage of fascination hate the selection of antagonists will be increasingly contingent, unstable, rapidly changing, and it can then that individual, because one of his characters the favors, then focus on him 'appetite for violence. That this bias is beginning, and a snowball effect mimetic she gets carried away: the whole community (unanimous!) Is then collected against a single individual.

-Dream:
I read a book many years ago that analyzed the comic Asterix with the theories of Rene Girard. And recently I had a strange dream about Girard. Maybe I should be interested in his work.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Post two angels/veritas and aequitas
There is incidentally a movie about my old neighborhood, South Boston, where there are a lot of tough guy movies because it was/is a tough place. The two angels as Aequitas and Veritas, justice and truth, they come with God in vengence. Their prayer: "And Shepherds we shall be/For thee, my Lord, for thee./Power hath descended forth from Thy hand./Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands./So we shall flow a river forth to Thee./And teeming with souls shall it ever be./In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Il Duce's (the Lord/Self) prayer is:

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints ."

"Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god. "

I've been thinking about this since Kristin's dream of the "three" rising. As your picture is from X Files, The Lord/Self in this picture is also the last mentor - Father Crissman - in the last X Files movie. This is Boondock Saints. I found it interesting as well that Chris Carter and David Duchovny went from new age to Catholicism at the end - Scully was always a Catholic. (And Mulder "wants to believe.")

The "right hand of God" ("Dexter") is vengence.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post Scully
I don't know Boondock Saints but it makes me think of Pulp Fiction.

I like the last X-Files movie. Scully is very interesting in this film. She evolves while Mulder is the same.

she "disobeyed" the priest of the hospital, she listens to her intuition and decides to treat ... Christian.The church has lost faith, not Scully.

If I remember, she sees "appear"(three?) nun, perhaps a sign that God is with her. It changes the series in which she confessed to the "good" priests that I found superficial. And in this last X-Files, Father Joe is ... a pedophile ! interesting symbol : a priest who hurt a child.

Annick de Souzenelle says :Let us have no illusions, when man does not build the Son, our son die, outside being the objectivation of inside, the world is that tragedy. Every tragedy we hurry to appoint a guilty for not watching our inner monsters who are the sole authors of such suffering

MLVF
says, speaking of Jung : The son of pastor had had early painful vision of what the Church does not mean more than death and that ecclesiastical Christianity had no response to offer him.

In an early episode of the series, Mulder pray in a Church for his sister

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Post Excellent
Fox - Excellent phrase: "The church has lost faith, not Scully." Is the key to everything. In the last line of Boondock Saints, after they go around Boston killing all the bad guys, one of the Irish boys says, "so how far are we going to go with this?" The Master replies: "The question should be do you have the constitution and the depth of faith to go where it needs to go?"

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

The symbol of the two angels complicates the matter. They stand out as a Western spiritual symbol in all this Hindu polytheism. The number two typically appears when a content is close to consciousness, when it is split up in archetype and conscious content, and the archetype, as such, sinks back into the unconscious.

Hindu polytheism might symbolize Jung's psychology, what he also viewed as a new form of spirituality. But the angels could symbolize a new spiritual consciousness that is on the brink of realization. But it is hard to understand this dream without recourse to contextual material, especially in the form of other dreams.
/Mats

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Au Hasard Baltazar: Brother Ass?
Junis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhWyoEhS_wA

Jan, I was 16 when issued Au Hasard Baltazar, and I saw it with my parents. It was a popular success although its director Robert Bresson used to make deeply spiritual movies. It was partly due to the first appearance of beautiful Anne Wiazemsky, granddaughter of the very conservative, very catholic writer François Mauriac.
After having seen her with the ass Balthazar, there was a big scandal two years later as anyone could see Anne Wiazemsky's ass in Pasolini's Teorema.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next