UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:56 am

[ 1124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
Reply to topic
 Ann's and Suzanne's experiences' blog 

Post Atomic Suicide book 1957 warned against nuclear power plants

Moment we feared another Chernobyl:
Thousands undergo radioactive screening after explosion in nuclear power station

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1GXSr57oY]

To All our Blog readers: Well, here we are so tragically where Walter and Lao Russell warned us about in regard to nuclear power plants over 50 years ago. We are currently terrified about the consequences of a handful of reactors in Japan going into meltdown, especially if any afterquakes that are being predicted add to the damage over the next few days. Yet hundreds of other nuclear reactors have been built and hundreds more are planned around the world.

Nuclear Renaissance Threatened as Japan's Reactor Struggles

..... There are 442 reactors worldwide that supply about 15 percent of the globe’s electricity, according to the London- based World Nuclear Association. There are plans to build more than 155 additional reactors, most of them in Asia, and 65 reactors are currently under construction, the association said on its website.

New Reactors Planned

Japan gets about a third of its electricity from 54 nuclear power plants, the third-most after the U.S. and France. Two reactors are under construction and 12 more are planned, according to the World Nuclear Association.

China is tripling the number of its reactors, building 27 units to add to the 13 now operating on the mainland, according to the association. China may consider the effects of the nuclear accident as it completes its energy plans for the 2011- 2015 period, Xie Zhenhua, vice chairman of the National Development and Reform Commission, said in Beijing.

“Evaluation of nuclear safety and the monitoring of plants will be definitely strengthened,” Xie said today, while attending the closing of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.

India, which plans for a 13-fold increase in nuclear power generation, will reconsider its expansion as Japan’s worst accident in at least 33 years forces a safety review of existing and proposed plants, Nuclear Power Corp. of India said.

‘Big Dampener’

“This event may be a big dampener for our program,” Shreyans Kumar Jain, chairman of India’s state-run monopoly producer, said in a telephone interview from Mumbai today. “We and the Department of Atomic Energy will definitely revisit the entire thing, including our new reactor plans, after we receive more information from Japan.”

Germany’s energy agency Dena recommends a return to phasing out nuclear power and switching off reactors in the country that are similar to those crippled in Japan, the German newspaper Handelsblatt reported, citing an interview with the agency’s head Stephan Kohler.

In the U.S., companies including Southern Co. (SO) and NRG Energy Inc. (NRG) have submitted applications to build as many as 21 new reactors, adding to the 104 existing units.

Three Mile Island

“Certainly it’s going to cause some reappraisals because this is what you call a show-stopping event,” said Robert Alvarez, a senior scholar at the Washington-based Institute for Policy Studies and former senior policy adviser at the U.S. Energy Department.

U.S. utilities canceled 14 nuclear plant orders in the wake of the 1979 partial meltdown at the Three Mile Island reactor in Pennsylvania, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency. The “immense” psychological effect of the accident spread through the Western world, the agency said in a report.

“The arguments that held sway during the Three Mile Island days will hold sway today with this accident,” said Tom Cochran, a nuclear physicist at the New York-based Natural Resources Defense Council. “The situations are somewhat similar, assuming this doesn’t blow up or breach the reactor vessel.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-1 ... plant.html

Product Description

Originally published in 1957, this work united with Dr. Albert Schweitzer's appeal to the world to end nuclear tests. This book gives detailed scientific advice as to the WHY and WHAT of radioactivity, and whether it can or cannot be safely used as the next world fuel. Provides an excellent source on the Russell concepts of the nature of the universe, including a philosophic discussion of the unity of science with the Universal Creative Source.

From Wiki: Nuclear reactors - Lao and Walter Russell wrote the book "Atomic Suicide" as a warning against the misuse of nuclear power through the proliferation of nuclear power plants.

Quote from Walter Russell: Radioactivity is the explosively quick death principle. Radioactivity is man's discovery of how the human race can die quickly, and not be able to propagate its kind for many long centuries.

The first discussion on this Ann-Suzanne Blog about the Russells goes back to 2008 when Ann and I discovered that we had both met Mrs. Lao Russell in person. Walter Russell died in 1963. Lao Russell died in 1988.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:10 pm
Atomic Suicide

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5963#5963

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:06 am
Profile Personal album

Post A search for Atomic Synergy
Hello All, the One and Only has asked me to look up some various terms over the last few days. I have not had the time to tie together the various results to display the meaningful coincidences they provide. I have to leave soon from home for the rest of the day. I can check back later in my Google Web History to see what day and time these searches were made and look again at the specific results. I mentioned one over on another thread already. It was pentatile. Then there was a word stasus or stasis. These certainly seemed to have some kind of significance having to do with geometry and science stuff that I do not understand hardly at all. However, when the deceased Lee seemed to say "Atomic Synergy"... then the results became very significant in a huge way. One image result took me to a web page that took me back to the late 1950s and early 1960s that I described in a few of my earliest posts on this Blog when it was started in early 2008. I described how when I first started college in the Fall of 1961, my girl roommate and I at age 17 were singing a song by Tom Lehrer about... how "we'll all go together when we go, all suffused with an incandescent glow... when it's time for the fallout, and St. Peter calls us all out... WE WILL ALL GO TOGETHER WHEN WE GO!

Atomic Synergy led specifically to this image:

Walt Disney's classic 1956 indoctrination tool that nearly every American of a certain age remembers reading in school (in between duck and cover drills, of course). One of the first examples of commercial "synergy," this book was a tie-in to the film of the same name as well as an exhibit at Disneyland's Tomorrowland. All three projects sought to present the cheerful, non-destructive side of the atom in entertaining and, in hindsight, absurdly naive ways.

My only comment at this point is that the One and Only's best friend in the mid-1950s was in a hign level Civil Defense position. After reading many pages at the website about that era and many things that man would have been involved with... I went to sleep for several hours and then was awake but in a vision experience where the deceased friend was very present and conveying his concerns about the current radioactive crisis. It is 1:57 PM my time in Virginia... I will add to this post later today.

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 pm
Profile Personal album

Post ...more plates
Hi Suzanne & all...

I was just about to post this... I was sitting at a red light yesterday when I noticed the plate of the car to the left and just in front of me... I was thinking about Japan at the time.

2 ABA

No memory left on my phone to take a photo...

I really feel a strong link to "we'll all go together when we go".

kind regards,
pascal

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Post Re: ...more plates - what does 2 ABA mean?
pascal b wrote:
Hi Suzanne & all...

I was just about to post this... I was sitting at a red light yesterday when I noticed the plate of the car to the left and just in front of me... I was thinking about Japan at the time.

2 ABA

No memory left on my phone to take a photo...

I really feel a strong link to "we'll all go together when we go".

kind regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, I only have a couple of minutes to reply for now. I wonder what 2 ABA means to you. I looked it up several minutes ago and got this as the first result:

Apraxia Battery for Adults (ABA-2 Products for speech therapy ...
Apraxia Battery for Adults (ABA-2 Dysphagia Plus provides products for autism, dysphagia, stuttering, ASHA, aphasia and general speech language pathology.

http://www.dysphagiaplus.com/apraxia-ba ... p-134.html

----------------------

Apraxia of Speech

What is apraxia of speech?

Apraxia of speech, also known as verbal apraxia or dyspraxia, is a speech disorder in which a person has trouble saying what he or she wants to say correctly and consistently. It is not due to weakness or paralysis of the speech muscles (the muscles of the face, tongue, and lips). The severity of apraxia of speech can range from mild to severe.

What are the types and causes of apraxia?

There are two main types of speech apraxia: acquired apraxia of speech and developmental apraxia of speech. Acquired apraxia of speech can affect a person at any age, although it most typically occurs in adults. It is caused by damage to the parts of the brain that are involved in speaking, and involves the loss or impairment of existing speech abilities. The disorder may result from a stroke, head injury, tumor, or other illness affecting the brain. Acquired apraxia of speech may occur together with muscle weakness affecting speech production (dysarthria) or language difficulties caused by damage to the nervous system (aphasia).

Developmental apraxia of speech (DAS) occurs in children and is present from birth. It appears to affect more boys than girls. This speech disorder goes by several other names, including developmental verbal apraxia, developmental verbal dyspraxia, articulatory apraxia, and childhood apraxia of speech. DAS is different from what is known as a developmental delay of speech, in which a child follows the “typical” path of speech development but does so more slowly than normal.

The cause or causes of DAS are not yet known. Some scientists believe that DAS is a disorder related to a child’s overall language development. Others believe it is a neurological disorder that affects the brain’s ability to send the proper signals to move the muscles involved in speech. However, brain imaging and other studies have not found evidence of specific brain lesions or differences in brain structure in children with DAS. Children with DAS often have family members who have a history of communication disorders or learning disabilities. This observation and recent research findings suggest that genetic factors may play a role in the disorder.

What are the symptoms?

People with either form of apraxia of speech may have a number of different speech characteristics, or symptoms. One of the most notable symptoms is difficulty putting sounds and syllables together in the correct order to form words. Longer or more complex words are usually harder to say than shorter or simpler words. People with apraxia of speech also tend to make inconsistent mistakes when speaking. For example, they may say a difficult word correctly but then have trouble repeating it, or they may be able to say a particular sound one day and have trouble with the same sound the next day. People with apraxia of speech often appear to be groping for the right sound or word, and may try saying a word several times before they say it correctly. Another common characteristic of apraxia of speech is the incorrect use of “prosody” — that is, the varying rhythms, stresses, and inflections of speech that are used to help express meaning.

Children with developmental apraxia of speech generally can understand language much better than they are able to use language to express themselves. Some children with the disorder may also have other problems. These can include other speech problems, such as dysarthria; language problems such as poor vocabulary, incorrect grammar, and difficulty in clearly organizing spoken information; problems with reading, writing, spelling, or math; coordination or “motor-skill” problems; and chewing and swallowing difficulties.

The severity of both acquired and developmental apraxia of speech varies from person to person. Apraxia can be so mild that a person has trouble with very few speech sounds or only has occasional problems pronouncing words with many syllables. In the most severe cases, a person may not be able to communicate effectively with speech, and may need the help of alternative or additional communication methods.

How is it diagnosed?

Professionals known as speech-language pathologists play a key role in diagnosing and treating apraxia of speech. There is no single factor or test that can be used to diagnose apraxia. In addition, speech-language experts do not agree about which specific symptoms are part of developmental apraxia. The person making the diagnosis generally looks for the presence of some, or many, of a group of symptoms, including those described above. Ruling out other contributing factors, such as muscle weakness or language-comprehension problems, can also help with the diagnosis.

To diagnose developmental apraxia of speech, parents and professionals may need to observe a child’s speech over a period of time. In formal testing for both acquired and developmental apraxia, the speech-language pathologist may ask the person to perform speech tasks such as repeating a particular word several times or repeating a list of words of increasing length (for example, love, loving, lovingly). For acquired apraxia of speech, a speech-language pathologist may also examine a person’s ability to converse, read, write, and perform non-speech movements. Brain-imaging tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may also be used to help distinguish acquired apraxia of speech from other communication disorders in people who have experienced brain damage.

How is it treated?

In some cases, people with acquired apraxia of speech recover some or all of their speech abilities on their own. This is called spontaneous recovery. Children with developmental apraxia of speech will not outgrow the problem on their own. Speech-language therapy is often helpful for these children and for people with acquired apraxia who do not spontaneously recover all of their speech abilities.

Speech-language pathologists use different approaches to treat apraxia of speech, and no single approach has been proven to be the most effective. Therapy is tailored to the individual and is designed to treat other speech or language problems that may occur together with apraxia. Each person responds differently to therapy, and some people will make more progress than others. People with apraxia of speech usually need frequent and intensive one-on-one therapy. Support and encouragement from family members and friends are also important.
-----------------------

Speech-Language Pathologist: health professional trained to evaluate and treat people who have voice, speech, language, or swallowing disorders (including hearing impairment) that affect their ability to communicate
-----------------

I will tidy this up some more later.

Pascal, the wife of Lee's best friend was a Speech-Language Pathologist!

Suzanne

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile Personal album

Post 2 ABA...
...to the father?

Seems dramatic, but it was my first impression. I'm trying to stay away from the 'core-gasm' in Japan, but it taints my thinking.

It's not as though I see a bunch of people taken up in a rapture or anything like that.

I do find it interesting that it's long been said that the earth would suffer change in our time. A close friend has said to me that every generation felt that it was the last generation...that they 'we' all believe in a global or perhaps universal 'end'. So is this 'just' the collective way of saying that 'we're all going to die' - that it's going to happen 'to each and all'? I'm leaning toward the latter. Or should I leap toward the latter? ...toward the ladder? :roll:

-

That's really neat that speech pathology comes up. I read a post from Ryan which said something about the world soul being contaminated. Those 2 are linked for sure.

The 'message' is blurred in radioactivity. Likely has been for a long, long (1945) time...

I looked up praxis because to me it's looks alot like apraxia. Here's something from wikipedia:

Spirituality

See also: Praxis (Eastern Orthodoxy)
Praxis is also key in meditation and spirituality, where emphasis is placed on gaining first-hand experience of concepts and certain areas, such as union with the Divine, which can only be explored through praxis due to the inability of the finite mind (and its tool, language) to comprehend or express the infinite. In an interview for YES! Magazine, Matthew Fox explained it this way:
Wisdom is always taste -- in both Latin and Hebrew, the word for wisdom comes from the word for taste -- so it's something to taste, not something to theorize about. "Taste and see that God is good," the psalm says; and that's wisdom: tasting life. No one can do it for us. The mystical tradition is very much a Sophia tradition. It is about tasting and trusting experience, before institution or dogma.[10]
According to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, the Hebrew word, ta‛am, is; properly a taste, that is, (figuratively) perception; by implication intelligence; transitively a mandate: - advice, behaviour, decree, discretion, judgment, reason, taste, understanding.

I'll post more about this soon.

warm regards,
pascal

ps: I just looked into 'eros guiding psyche'...

"Major Arcana: Tarot Card 6 — Lover/ Eros

Tarot card 6 is the Lover, representing an inner process. It portrays Eros, the universal power of union and love, the agent that brings a new level of consciousness to the seeker, and of "being alive" in the world. Eros is shown pointing his arrow towards the seeker’s crown chakra, meaning that the seeker is in a higher initiation that will unite the two opposites and paradoxical sides within himself, and blend them on his axial level. In that axial inner space within his being, the soul reveals itself to the seeker in many subtle ways. The gifts of Eros are many and they manifest in the ever-fleeting present as sudden bursts of enlightenment and intuition that are part of a transcendent primordial knowledge that gradually unfolds in his life.

I personally interpret this card as representing a high level of initiation that corresponds to a baptism of fire, or the awakening in a seeker of a higher level of the abstract mind that remains a grace and a sacred mystery. Receiving the "wound" of the arrow of Eros illuminates the ego, or the limited mind of a seeker, and opens it up to receive higher truth, from where it unites itself with the source of the primordial tradition. The conscious choice of the seeker to enter a new dimension of being comes after his spiritual transformation and rebirth when the arrow of Eros opens his crown chakra, and from that opening, spiritual love pours down and inundates the psyche of the seeker who, from that moment on, transforms from being a lover of self to a lover of God.

Furthermore, the color red on this card represents the color of spirit and the green, the color of life. Hence Eros brings about conscious spiritual transformation in a seeker, unfolding in him higher levels of consciousness. Later on, Eros appears as a cruel, playful child who torments gods and mortals alike, giving them more sorrow and misery than harmony and joy. Cupid aims his arrow directly at the human heart, piercing it, but we should look at this as purifying, as awakening and introducing the spiritual element into the nature of psyche itself. It also teaches us how to escape the entrapment of the lower energies..."

...AND, Patrick's Shin plays here as well:

"The Passionate Shin

We will now analyze each component of the dimensions of the ark, so that we can more fully understand the process by which we can enter our words.

The first classic text of Kabbalah, Sefer Yetizrah explains that every Hebrew letter has both physical and spiritual depth. The shin, which is one of the three "mother letters" represents the element of fire. Spiritually, fire is passion. We may choose to speak for varied reasons: a desire to express ourselves, for gain or to speak good words of Torah. All of these rationales to speak must be motivated by passion.

In Psalms 39:4 King David writes:

My heart is hot inside me,
as I meditate my inner fire begins to burn,
then I speak with my tongue

This verse succinctly expresses the process by which passion motivates speech. First the heart becomes inflamed with passion, the words of thought create an inner fire (the Chassidim of the Talmudic era used to meditate a full hour before uttering the words of prayer) and finally the tongue speaks impassioned words.

Passion, the ability to burn straight to the point, is the length principle of the word."

...then on to Quan Yin / Kwan Yin (Suzanne?) When you posted somewhere a while ago in the forum about weeping - that still, quiet voice said "she's crying for a lot of people". You can imagine that after the start of Japan's crisis a lot of pieces started to come together. It was getting to be too much with the crisis happening in real-time. I found myself in a state of heightened anxiety (not panic - just a lot of thinking). Your super-explosion image was over the top... very much like what I 'saw' just after the Hitchcock at 45 degrees counter-clockwise. (... :shock: )

"Kwan Yin is also known as patron bodhisattva of P'u-t'o Shan, mistress of the Southern Sea and patroness of fishermen. As such she is shown crossing the sea seated or standing on a lotus or with her feet on the head of a dragon.

Like Avalokitesvara she is also depicted with a thousand arms and varying numbers of eyes, hands and heads, sometimes with an eye in the palm of each hand, and is commonly called "the thousand-arms, thousand-eyes" bodhisattva. In this form she represents the omnipresent mother, looking in all directions simultaneously, sensing the afflictions of humanity and extending her many arms to alleviate them with infinite expressions of her mercy."

"arms that last forever"

I had no idea that 'she' is connected to Gypsies...

I suppose this is going all over the place, but will converge somewhere. Like the 'x' a little further back on the thread.

One more thing and I'll settle down - we are the closest (or so?) that we've been to the moon. It's full here tonight and really spectacular. http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Supe ... 76004.html

Thanks,
pascal

pps: I did a search on Kuan Yin and speech.

"But while supposing that the whole cycle of the universal language will not be mastered for whole centuries to come, even that which has been hitherto discovered in the Bible by some scholars is quite sufficient to demonstrate the claim -- mathematically. These scholars hold the key, and have turned it successfully, though only once, in the hermetically closed door leading to the Hall of Mysteries. Fohat is the key in Occultism which opens and unriddles the multiform symbols and respective allegories in the so-called mythology of every nation."

http://www.blavatsky.net/magazine/theos ... ought.html

...Fohat? Messenger of Divine Thought?

http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/tag/fohat/

http://www.teosofia.com/Mumbai/7208fohat.html

...sorry, a lot of links I posted here. :)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:51 am

Post Experiencing, not just speculating, about the Divine
Hello Pascal, You have nothing to apologize for about any of your posts. So many of the things you say or link to are very helpful to me and to others who read here at the Blog or on other threads at the forum where you have posted. Yesterday, Friday evening, I was busy doing some specific searches about a few topics not immediately related to current posts on the forum. Then I got around to dropping by here and reading your post. I am not sure how far you had gotten down since you have added other items since... But what had caught my attention, by the time you will see that I started my next searches, was related to this part of what you had said by then.

Spirituality

Praxis is also key in meditation and spirituality, where emphasis is placed on gaining first-hand experience of concepts and certain areas, such as union with the Divine, which can only be explored through praxis due to the inability of the finite mind (and its tool, language) to comprehend or express the infinite.

In an interview for YES! Magazine, Matthew Fox explained it this way:

Wisdom is always taste -- in both Latin and Hebrew, the word for wisdom comes from the word for taste -- so it's something to taste, not something to theorize about. "Taste and see that God is good," the psalm says; and that's wisdom: tasting life. No one can do it for us. The mystical tradition is very much a Sophia tradition. It is about tasting and trusting experience, before institution or dogma.

According to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, the Hebrew word, ta‛am, is; properly a taste, that is, (figuratively) perception; by implication intelligence; transitively a mandate: - advice, behaviour, decree, discretion, judgment, reason, taste, understanding.

Yesterday<Friday, 3/18/2011
11:45pm Searched for praxis - Viewed 1 result
Praxis (process) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - wikipedia.org - Viewed 2 times

Then at this point I went back up to your mention of Matthew Fox who I have been familiar with since I read his book about Meister Eckhart sometime around 1980. His name link led to this info next.
Quote:
From Wiki: Matthew Fox (born 1940) is an American priest and theologian.[1] Formerly a member of the Dominican order within the Roman Catholic Church, Fox is now a member of the Episcopal Church.

Fox was an early and influential exponent of a movement that came to be known as Creation Spirituality, a movement that draws inspiration from the mystical philosophies of such medieval Catholic visionaries as Hildegard of Bingen, Thomas Aquinas, Saint Francis of Assisi, Julian of Norwich, Dante Alighieri, Meister Eckhart and Nicholas of Cusa, as well as the wisdom traditions of Christian scriptures, following traditions that some scholars say were first laid out by Jesus.[2]

Creation Spirituality also is aligned strongly with ecological and environmental movements of the late 20th century and with a focus on “deep ecumenism” that embraces numerous spiritual traditions around the world, including Buddhism, Judaism, Sufism, and Native American teachings.

Fox has written 30 books that have sold millions of copies and by the mid 1990s had attracted a "huge and diverse following".[3]

Fox was likened by academic theologians in one New York Times article to the controversial and influential 20th century Jesuit priest, philosopher and paleontologist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, particularly for his interpretations of issues such as the doctrine of original sin and the Cosmic Christ and for the resulting conflicts with church authorities.

Of course Ann and I are both going to really truly love a guy like this who decades ago was a pioneer in reviving the mystical philosophies within the Catholic Church only to be forced to leave due in part to the opposition then by a certain Cardinal who has since become Pope.

will be working on this for awhile...

Then I came to an article entitled "About Matthew Fox by Thomas Berry".
Quote:
In identifying the over-all context of his work, Matt is sometimes considered to be fulfilling a prophetic role. Since the role of the prophet is produce the critique and to suggest to the sacred community more appropriate ways of fulfilling its task in times of disturbed social and cultural situations, this designation does indicate an aspect of the work of Matt. Indeed he has critiqued the Church in the light of its own most relevant intellectual, spiritual and social exponents in the past.

Yet there is, I believe, a more critical role that Matt is fulfilling within the Christian community, the role of Shaman. While both Prophet and Shaman have special roles in their relation to the human community, the Shaman is more comprehensive in his field of consciousness. The Prophet speaks somewhat directly in the name of God, the prophet is a message bearer, the prophet is interpreter of historical situations, the prophet critiques the ruling powers.

The Shaman functions in a less personal relationship with the divine. He is more cosmological, more primordial, personally more inventive in the source of his insight and his power. Priest and Prophet are more clearly designated spiritual personalities in our western world. They belong to the period of greater social and cultural structure. Matt speaks of his teaching as Creation Spirituality, it seems to me, because he feels the need to understand the deep experience of the human soul within the sacred dimension of the universe itself. Indeed, in my own view, the present difficulty with the Christian community is not exactly in its relation to the divine or in its teaching of redemption but in its understanding of the universe and place of the human community and the manner of its functioning within the universe. In overcoming this difficulty Matt Fox has a significant role in these opening years of the 21st century.

SOURCE: http://www.matthewfox.org/index.php/art ... atthew-fox

That made me curious about who Thomas Berry is...

Today (cont.)<Saturday, 3/18/2011
12:01am Searched for Thomas Berry - Viewed 1 result
Thomas Berry - thomasberry.org
http://www.thomasberry.org/

12:04am Searched for thomas berry quotes

Quotes by Thomas Berry. An Thomas Berry Quote Library | The Gaiam Blog - A Quote by Thomas Berry on humanity, attraction, existing, communication, connection, and purpose. in. attraction · communication · Connection · existing ...
blog.gaiam.com/quotes/authors/thomas-berry - Cached

http://blog.gaiam.com/quotes/authors/thomas-berry
Quote:
The Earth with its layers of land and water and air provides the space within which all living things are nurtured and the context within which humans attain their identity. If in the excitement of a secular technology reverence for the Earth has diminished in the past, especially in the western world, humans now experience a sudden shock at the devastation they have wrought on their own habitation. The ancient human-Earth relationship must be recovered in a new context, in its mystical as well as in its physical functioning. There is need for awareness that the mountains and rivers and all living things, the sky and its sun and moon and clouds all constitute a healing, sustaining sacred presence for humans which they need as much for their psychic integrity as for their physical nourishment. This presence whether experienced as Allah, as Atman, as Sunyata, or as the Buddha-nature or as Bodhisattva; whether as Tao or as the One or as the Divine Feminine, is the atmosphere in which humans breathe deepest and without which they eventually suffocate.

OK, Pascal, next... I do not think you had added this part when I checked much earlier in the night.
Quote:
...then on to Quan Yin / Kwan Yin (Suzanne?) When you posted somewhere a while ago in the forum about weeping - that still, quiet voice said "she's crying for a lot of people". You can imagine that after the start of Japan's crisis a lot of pieces started to come together. It was getting to be too much with the crisis happening in real-time. I found myself in a state of heightened anxiety (not panic - just a lot of thinking). Your super-explosion image was over the top... very much like what I 'saw' just after the Hitchcock at 45 degrees counter-clockwise. (... )

"Kwan Yin is also known as patron bodhisattva of P'u-t'o Shan, mistress of the Southern Sea and patroness of fishermen. As such she is shown crossing the sea seated or standing on a lotus or with her feet on the head of a dragon.

Like Avalokitesvara she is also depicted with a thousand arms and varying numbers of eyes, hands and heads, sometimes with an eye in the palm of each hand, and is commonly called "the thousand-arms, thousand-eyes" bodhisattva. In this form she represents the omnipresent mother, looking in all directions simultaneously, sensing the afflictions of humanity and extending her many arms to alleviate them with infinite expressions of her mercy."

"arms that last forever"

I had no idea that 'she' is connected to Gypsies...

Let's see now if I can take a web cam photo of the Quan Yin picture I bought recently at one of the local library meetings about the same kind of topics we tend to discuss here at the forum.

Pascal, I am not quite sure how you came to suspect that "she" above might also have a Gypsy connection... but... believe it or not, when I was looking up images related to my seeing the license plate with ROMANI 1 on it the other night on my way home... I came across this unusual "Sainte Sara"...

Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer_Sainte_Sara

Quote:
Saint Sarah, also known as Sara-la-Kali ("Sara the Black", Romani: Sara e Kali), is the mythic patron saint of the Roma (Gypsy) people. The center of her veneration is Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, a place of pilgrimage for Roma in the Camargue, in southern France. Legend identifies her as the servant of one of the Three Marys, with whom she is supposed to have arrived in the Camargue.[1]

..... Though the tradition of the Three Marys arriving in France stems from the high Middle Ages, appearing for instance in the 13th century Golden Legend, Saint Sarah makes her first appearance in Vincent Philippon's book The Legend of the Saintes-Maries (1521), where she portrayed as "a charitable woman that helped people by collecting alms, which led to the popular belief that she was a Gypsy." Subsequently, Sarah was adopted by Roma as their saint.[3]

Another account has Sarah welcoming the Three Marys into Gaul. Franz de Ville (1956) writes:

One of our people who received the first Revelation was Sara the Kali. She was of noble birth and was chief of her tribe on the banks of the Rhône. She knew the secrets that had been transmitted to her... The Rom at that period practiced a polytheistic religion, and once a year they took out on their shoulders the statue of Ishtari (Astarte) and went into the sea to receive benediction there. One day Sara had visions which informed her that the Saints who had been present at the death of Jesus would come, and that she must help them. Sara saw them arrive in a boat. The sea was rough, and the boat threatened to founder. Mary Salome threw her cloak on the waves and, using it as a raft, Sarah floated towards the Saints and helped them reach land by praying.[4]

Another belief is that Saint Sarah was the daughter of Mary Magdalen and Jesus. This account states that Sara's role as a servant girl was to protect her identity as the twelve year old daughter of the Christ and his supposed wife.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Sarah

For now, these should be enough significances for us to "taste and trust" in the various and yet universal forms in which the spiritual realities are shown to us in such beautiful and marvelous ways. 5:49 AM 3/19

Suzanne

P.S. I noticed this quote, from the Theosophy related link Pascal gave above in his post, after I made that last comment:

TWO KINDS OF CLARITY

"Some men refuse to recognize the depth of something because they demand that the profound should manifest itself in the same way as the superficial. Not accepting the fact that there may be several kinds of clarity, they pay exclusive attention to the clarity peculiar to surfaces. They do not realize that to be hidden beneath the surface, merely appearing through it, throbbing underneath it, is essential to depth.

"There are things which present only that part of themselves which is strictly necessary to enable us to realize that they lie concealed behind it ... All deep things are similarly constituted."

--JOSÉ ORTEGA Y GASSET

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 am
Profile Personal album

Post Florian and the inner fire
Hi all,

thank you Suzanne...

It happens that I am sketching some ideas for a graphic representation of Florian.

"The "Florian Principle" (known in German language areas as "Sankt-Florians-Prinzip") is named after a somewhat ironic "prayer" to Saint Florian: "O heiliger St. Florian verschon mein Haus, zünd andre an", translating to "O holy Saint Florian, spare my house, kindle others". This saying is used in German much like the English "not in my back yard", when the speaker wants to point out that some person tries to get out of an unpleasant situation by an action that will put others in that very same situation. The name Florian is considered a stereotypical name for a fireman in the German speaking would. In some cases call for a fireman will actually be spoken as calls for Florian!"

I've really been studying the 'inner fire' lately... maybe wanting 'other houses kindled'. It can be difficult to have to look into things too much. Here's the dilemma... what is too shallow and what is too far. I was playing with altered focus, which sounds like playing with fire. :? At any rate, there was a split second where I saw what looked like a 'lick of flame' just between my eyes. I should say that it looked more like a fiery tadpole, or a sperm made of fire which was moving in a circular motion. I know the inner fire is metaphysical in most of its descriptions which is why I say that it can be hard to discern. I don't want to be caught up in the 'sensation' part of 'magical life'... I guess that ties nicely to your previous subject of "no longer speculating". I remember somewhere in the Bible reading some like "I'll make your forehead strong against theirs" and it really stood out at me. Really.

http://biblemeanings.info/Words/Body/Forehead.htm ...reading some of the ideas in here helped to not get caught up in the mark of cain aspect of this.

Forehead

That by the forehead is specifically signified the Divine love itself, is because the interiors have been allotted their provinces in the face; those which are of love being in the province of the forehead; those which are of wisdom and intelligence being in the province of the eyes; those which are of perception being in the province of the nostrils; and those which are of utterance being in the province of the mouth. From this it is evident why the forehead, when said of the Lord, who is represented by Aaron, signifies the Divine love.

[2] As the forehead with man corresponds to his love, therefore they who are in celestial love (that is, in love to the Lord from the Lord) are said to have a mark on their foreheads, by which is signified that they are under the Lord's protection, because they are in His love...

I got to reading about Athena from the Quan Yin references... I noticed she looks a lot like a female Florian. Anyway, I was looking at images of Athena when in the same web page I found this really humbling piece of art. The work is so good in my opinion... You asked how I had put Quan Yin and gypsies together and I can only say that I had to have seen that somewhere. Could be that one of your posts about her made reference? I had been reading about doukhobors also because somewhere else the idea of gypsies came up. It was like this... I was talking to someone I know who's grandfather was a doukhobor. I hadn't heard the name before but my instant response to him when he told me was "gypsie?" I remember walking away from that conversation wondering how the hll I knew that!

I'll post more as I have time today...

kind regards,
pascal

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Post A Mystery about Salamanders and other things
Hi Pascal, WOW, was I some kind of amazed when I just read your post several minutes past noon my time in Virginia! Here is a paste-in of what I have been reading this morning online and when I started:

On Music and Sound from El Morya - Reverse Spins - 4 visits - Mar 19<I have been investigating Nicholas Roerich intently since the 17th due to some synchronicities related to my deceased friend/guide Lee. I sent an E-mail to Jan about this at 3/20/2011 4:27:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subject: Concern about maintaining stability
Editor, Reverse Spins: These quotes were given to Nicholas and Helena Roerich by El Morya in the 20's and early 30's.
El Morya who ascended in the late ...
http://www.reversespins.com/agnimusic.html - Cached

►El Morya, Spirit Communication - Buscar con Google - 10:07am Sometimes our spirit demands certain reiterations or enumerations. Leaves of ... http://www.reversespins.com/agnimusic.html - En caché - Similares ...
http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/.../El%2 ... cation.htm - Cached

Then I looked up more about El Morya, Spirit Communication:

On Ghosts, Demons and Entities; by El Morya
While conscious awareness of Spirit has grown so has the corresponding
influences of lower strata that Morya talks about. Many on the spiritual path
today ...
http://www.reversespins.com/agnighosts.html - En caché - Similares

The image at the top of that "ghosts" web page was painted by Nicholas Roerich, October 9, 1874 – December 13, 1947, the outstanding mystic and artist. It very closely corresponds to what I was seeing in my dream visions in the middle of last night. The One and Only and I often refer during our inward journeys to such scary entities as the "hungry ghosts" that are not to be feared but to be observed with compassion and concern.

Descent into Hell. 1933, by Nicholas Roerich; State Museum of Oriental Art, Moscow

It is getting close to the time I have to be leaving to go see the grandkids. One thing I want to comment on before getting to the topic of salamanders is that the Bible Meanings you linked to were written by Swedenborg, one of Ann's and my very favorite historical persons. I guess I might as well go ahead and be brief about another meaningful coincidence. I will look up the details maybe when I get home this evening which will be after 8 PM my time. I came across a video I was not seeking to find at all, sometime last night or this morning, by a group called Origen. They are named after Origenes, the early church father in Egypt, who was later declared a heretic. I first encountered that group Origen in late 2004 online when I saw in a dream vision a man I have not seen in life since I was 17 [a half century ago when he was my big love/crush item before Lee permanently took over that position], and it just happens that he was from Egypt and had a name contained within the word salamander which is actually a variation on Solomon. In the vision I said to him, "Origen," and he said to me, "So now you finally know." I still do not know exactly what that means. Anyhow, back to salamanders.

Pascal, while you would have been writing your post, I would have been reading down slowly the long web page where the Descent into Hell image appeared at the top. GET READY FOR THIS QUOTATION FROM IT!
Quote:
Verily, one must have discrimination to ascertain true significances. Many are the illusions and phantoms that obscure an evaluation of the real advance of the spirit. Many appearances of the dark forces attempt to seduce or terrorize one. Such attacks are especially preponderant in the vicinity of obsessed or mentally diseased persons, who are like open gates, not only attracting entities to themselves but creating a kind of channel for all surrounding people. The border lines of psychic illnesses are quite imperceptible, therefore I advise great caution. I consider it useless to expend one's strength in all experiments with obsession when one's own ill health disturbs the equilibrium. Whisperers can attach themselves to the ear that is ailing. and only a firm consciousness can shake off these asps without delay. You already know that no sickness should be neglected. One must immediately inoculate oneself with vigor and not forget about Agni. Fiery World I, 643.

The growth of consciousness is usually considered a slow process. Yet it can be perceived how, even in the midst of earthly conditions, consciousness grows before one's very eyes. Certainly, for such growth there is needed, on the one side, tension and, on the other, rapport with the magnet of an already fiery consciousness. One may rejoice when at each progress of consciousness the ancient acquisitions of the spirit come to life. One may rejoice when the essence of life is regenerated through the proximity of a kindled heart; however, one must discern the difference between broadening and illumining consciousness and a low psychism. We are not at all pleased to see that intercourse with the lower spheres of the Subtle World is increasing. One must not forget that the lower entities, even aside from permanent obsession, can benumb, as it were, the consciousness. From the lowest comes only the lowest. Fiery World I, 662.

Salamanders, as entities of the lower fire, cannot be very luminous. When I showed you a salamander I wished to give you a conception of the creatures of the fiery depths. I have already shown you the subterranean and submarine entities, but one must also know the amplitude of Fire. One can understand better the entire diversity of the fiery entities when not only the Highest but also the lowest is perceived. Fiery World II, 1934; 28.

These quotes were given to Nicholas and Helena Roerich by El Morya in the 20's and early 30's.

SOURCE: http://www.reversespins.com/agnighosts.html

NOTE from Suzanne: I do not necessarily accept El Morya as an Ascended Master or other esoteric descriptions of "his" significance. Teachings that come from any "belief system" with masters and students do not have to be embraced as unquestionable truths.

Hmm, it looks like it is 1:36 now, so this is going to wind up another one of those 137 posts...

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:37 pm
Profile Personal album

Post a chimney sweep sweeps ash...
Hi Suzanne,

wow is right! Here I am looking around about salamanders (from you mentioning them) and I find:

"(Salambeander is Greek for chimney-man)"

Florian: The patron of Firefighters and chimney sweeps

Isidore of Seville- "The Salamander is so called because it is strong against fire; and amid all poisons its power is the greatest. For other {poisonous animals} strike individuals; this slays very many at the same time; for if it crawls up a tree, it infects all the fruit with poison and slays those who eat it...It fights against fires, and alone among living things, extinguishes them. For it lives in the midst of flames without pain and without being consumed, and not only is it not burned, but it puts the fire out." (Brehaut, 1912)

...all of this connectivity, I don't know what to make of it yet. I mentioned being 'overdone' on the idea of dying a few posts back...

"Calcination has reduced us to ash, but the process has only just begun. Further purification is necessary to reclaim the Prima Materia, or First Matter within us. Simply stated, this East Matter is the seed of divinity or the direct connection to the source of Creation, which lies dormant in all of us. In DISSOLUTION, the ashes left from Calcination are dissolved in Water, and it is this element I focus on primarily here. It begins with just dew drops -- these drops multiply, and gradually a tentative stream develop. This is analogous to the tears that flow from the released emotions we experience during this dreamy, introspective, feminine processes. The stream becomes a river, and finally a flood, as our most deeply hidden wounds are exposed. Dissolution is undoubtedly a sad period, but it is a beautiful sadness."

Before you replied I kept thinking 'steam' - I was 'getting' the alchemical images I've seen. Speaking of fiery lizards... :shock:

Alright... Me, at a loss for words?

...more in a bit.

kind regards,
pascal

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Post Synchronicities positive and negative
Hi Pascal, I happen to have a link from the computer Desktop over here at my daughter's house directly to a very informative article about synchronicity. It has a good balance in that it warns about not being led astray by questionable synchronicities rather than looking at WHY and WHAT we may be attracting to ourselves that can be very damaging. I know there is the jolly idea among some New Age factions that even our most hideous misfortunes are just another experience for promoting our spiritual growth. Well, I politely protest about that. Something is wrong with a system that is based on tit for tat inflictions of suffering among human beings in the name of karma or for any other metaphysical excuse. Anyhow, I am pasting in some items to think about from the synchronicity page and the Crystal Links web site.
Quote:
Synchronicities are people, places or events that your soul attracts into your life to help you evolve to higher consciousness or to place emphasis on something going on in your life. The more 'consciously aware' you become of how your soul manifests, the higher your frequency becomes and the faster you manifest positively. Each day your life encounters meaningful coincidences, synchronicities, that you have attracted, on other words created in the grid of your experiences in the physical. Souls create synchronicities, played out in the physical. It is why you are here. It is how our reality works.

We have all heard the expression, "There are no accidents." This is true. All that we experience is by design, and what we attract to our physical world. There are no accidents just synchronicity wheels, the wheels of time or karma, wheels within wheels, sacred geometry, the evolution of consciousness in the alchemy of time.

Not all synchronicities are positive. Do be careful. Sometimes they create major learning lessons. An example that many people experience is meeting or manifesting a lover by synchronicity, only to discover the person is wrong for them. Initially they think that the synchronistic experience, or person, represents the road they should take at that moment in time. This is not always the case. You can manifest negative people and situation, so take your time when you get caught up in synchronicity.

If you are dysfunctional, have emotional problems, and therefore are a drama person, your will attract and manifest dysfunctional people and events as reflections of your own inner turmoil. You need to realize what is going on within to manifest, attract to you, something positive outside of yourself. These people will always disappoint you, counteracted by your need to have the experience. Look at the underlying facts when the synchronicity occurs to be sure you know why you attracted that person or situation into your life.

Synchronicities may occur to make a quick point. Don't blow them out of proportion. You must look at the bigger picture of the synchronicity, think outside the box, (the patterns of reality) not at the actual experience.

You can consider an event synchronistic when an inner experience such as a dream, vision, or other form of deja vu, prepares you for the physical event.

Your soul is always multitasking to create new experiences for you. If you watch how you move through life, you will understand. Doing this allows many people to clear their issues by writing their story as a catharsis of their experiences here.

The higher and clearer your frequency and intent, the faster you manifest synchronicities.

SOURCE: http://www.crystalinks.com/synchronicity.html

Maybe... I say to that last point... there is so much that we do not yet know about all these processes. Members, of some vicious cult that perpetrate horrible crimes, may fully believe in and seem to experience "divine guidance" or "demonic assistance" by way of dreams, visions. lucky breaks, or other indications that seem like revelations to be obeyed without question. History is filled to the brim with countless examples of religious leaders, military commanders, and ordinary serial killers who believe in and carry out the inspirations or instructions that have come to them.

More on this later, Suzanne

Oh, wow, it is almost midnight, so I better add this item before it is no longer the correct day for it!

This Day in History

Bahá'í Calendar Begins (1844)

Founded in Iran in the mid-19th century by Baha' Ullah, Bahá'í is a religion based on the unity of all faiths. Adherents pray daily, fast 19 days a year, and follow a strict ethical code. Because of the religion's 19 initial disciples, the number 19 is considered sacred, and the Bahá'í calendar, which began in 1844, consists of 19 months of 19 days, with four additional "intercalary" days. Today is the first day of the 168th year of the Bahá'í Era. On what day does the Bahá'í week begin? More...

http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD+calendar

This is the religion that I joined in February 1963... and stayed with it for about 10 years. They were pretty good people, and I have some lovely memories of some dear friends from those years. SIGH. But I also have memories of a promising movement becoming more and more like the same old thing with doctrines that were not to be questioned. It happens over and over again down through history. A bright new religion comes along but does not bring love and peace among the nations and peoples... it just becomes another competitor for who is the most right or the only right belief system.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile Personal album

Post buying it
Hi Suzanne,

maybe you've uncovered another part of the problem. I don't 'buy' anything. But, it's not for a shortage of significant experiences.

To me, 'not buying it' looks a lot like your "But I also have memories of a promising movement becoming more and more like the same old thing with doctrines that were not to be questioned."

I get really involved when there are l lot of interesting things happening in life. Perhaps the cold of the salamander fits when describing my reaction to phenomena? I hear / see / feel odd things often enough. Is it hubris that stops me from being amazed most of the time?

I feel that any 'discourse' I might have with oddities is my higher self. It's odd to me because I'm 'here' and don't yet understand 'there'. I think the way that I've travelled so far has been right along the idea your post illustrates... "Why", "what is this for?" It's not about having others look at you like you're something other than 'normal'. I'm not in it to join a group...or be a part of the next big thing. I'll be honest, I 'courteously dislike' the next big thing. I hope that doesn't sound crass... I like posting here, maybe it's the physicality of groups that I don't care for... I haven't learned how to turn other people's energy off yet and tend to get 'shorted out' by too much of it. I guess that's sympathetic reaction?

So what's a person to do? Can't run around blind trying to decipher the grace of God in one's life. Can't ignore the bad either. :?

What about joy? What about joy in the wake of disaster after disaster. An why, in some way, 'see' them with those eyes that can't be seen?

kind regards,
pascal

Last edited by pascal b on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:12 am

Post discourse with oddities...
Hi,

it dawned on me just now that if my grandest self is 'everyone'...it follows that if we pass into the beyond and goodness is there, then that goodness is us. But I know there are malevolent lenses that can hamper a safe passage through phenomenal experience. Perhaps another good question would be, are we that lens? Is it like self-sabotage?

I read from your reference of salamanders, Suzanne, that eventually 'it' could turn childlike and 'torment' others. I also read your post about mental illness. I noticed in the last little while that your and Ann's blog has been running somewhat similar themes with a couple of other threads on the forum.

Ok, I guess I asked for this... I stopped writing my post just now to lookup "salamanders turn childlike". A definite wow for me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Pot

(excerpt from the plot)

"The more he works with the manuscripts the more familiar he becomes with them, until one day he copies a document that he can understand. It turns out to be the story of Archivist Lindhorst, who in reality is a salamander, the Elemental Spirit of Fire, who has been banished from the Land of Atlantis by Phosphorus, the Prince of Spirits, and must enter mankind's prosaic existence on earth. To compensate for his offences and to be allowed to return to Atlantis, the Salamander must find loving "childlike and poetic" mates for his three daughters. The Salamander owns three radiant golden pots, given to him by the Elemental Spirit of the Earth, which are to be his daughters' dowries. Serpentina assures Anselmus that her dowry will ensure their happiness together."

Analysis

Hoffmann saw things we could not have thought of and wrote them down in a way that compels us to believe them.
-Rolf Vollmann
(as quoted in Die Zeit, No. 19, 1997)
The Golden Pot is widely viewed as a product of the romantic imagination. Indeed, the novella shows many of the characteristics commonly associated with romanticism in general and German romanticism in particular: imagination, instincts, and feelings are afforded more importance than logical reason; the reconciliation of opposites and the harmony of nature are central ideals; symbolism and myth play prominent roles; preference is given to boldness and suggestiveness over absolute clarity and decorum; and the poetic is elevated above the prosaic.
Another quality attributed to romantic literature is the juxtaposition of the real and the fantastic (the "unreal") in order to denigrate the former and exalt the latter. In The Golden Pot, this clearly is not the author's intent, and thus his story perhaps should not be labeled “romantic” at all. What we normally would call the "real" world is intertwined with a "supernatural" realm inhabited by elemental spirits, but in Hoffmann's tale, the fantastic is the real.
Hoffmann certainly shares the contempt of other romantics for the philistine, but he considers the smugness, narrow-mindedness, contentment, and banality of the bourgeoisie to be elements that must be drawn into the wondrous realm of the imagination, not something to be reviled. In The Golden Pot, art and love spring from lives empty of color, beauty, and enthusiasm. Anselmus and the narrator, who, as mentioned above, steps out of his role to become a character in the story, are able to break free of the world of the middle class and enter the Kingdom of Marvels. Associate Headmaster Paulmann and Registrar Heerbrand belong to the philistine world but are not portrayed as hostile or blameworthy. They are depicted, rather, as convivial, benevolent, and generous. They will not enter Atlantis, but they do at least approach the world of imagination when they compose their songs and drink their intoxicating punch. Veronika enters the world of magic when she avails herself of the service of the applemonger, even though she later withdraws from this world completely to become a proud councilor's wife.
As Kent and Knight (1972, xxvii) put it:
"[In Hoffmann] we are left with one satisfactory conclusion: the world itself has more than one reality, and different realities may coexist at exactly the same moment; this being so, the world we thought we knew so well is undermined."

A lot of reasons for me to look at this as peculiar. One thing for sure is that I was going to write a post about phosphorus last night but didn't.

...Once, I jotted down "I will thread the lines beneath this eternity" - on a more practical level, I can see that happening here. :) At once I knew that it was not 'I' who wrote that... it felt like more of a non-personal declaration.

Oh yeah, this takes me back to bubbles... I'll continue soon.

kind regards,
pascal

ps: I looked up the golden pot and found an image of Laxmi (Lakshmi) - searched that and found this:

(we're playing with some geometry I think :) )

"Goddess Mahalakshmi has ever been in existence. Her appearance from samudra manthan is one of her main manifestation only. Goddess Mahalakshmi was also born to the great Sage Bhrigu and she is therefore also called as Bhargavi. Goddess Mahalkshmi is also the sister of the great Guru Sukracharya as well as the great planet Chandra. Each time Vishnu descends on earth as an avatar, He is accompanied by an avatar of Lakshmi.
The moon (chandra) also appeared from the ocean during the churning, making it her brother. Alakshmi, the goddess of misfortune, is Lakshmi's elder sister. According to the Vishnu Purana, Lakshmi is the daughter of Bhrigu and Khyaati and resided in Swarga, but, due to the curse of Durvasa, she left Swarga and made Ksheersagara her home.
The etymology and meanings of the word lakshmi is given in Monier Williams' Sanskrit–English Dictionary compiled in the 19th century in British India.
laksmIka meaning a mark, sign, or token is in Rik Veda x, 71, 2 and Nirukta iv, 10.
laksmi ( with or without pAp'I ) is a bad sign or an impending misfortune referred to Atharva Veda and Apasthambha Shrauta Suutra.
In older Sanskrit, it is used used usually with "p'uNyA" meaning a good sign, good fortune, prosperity, success, or happiness in Atharva Veda.
Laksmi personifies wealth, riches, beauty, loveliness, grace, charm, splendour, and lustre in Mahabharata.
Laksmi as a noun is a goddess of fortune and beauty (frequently in the later mythology identified with Śrī and regarded as the wife of Viṣṇu or Nārāyaṇa).
According to Sir Monier Williams, "Religious thought and life in India", 45, 40-43 she sprang with other precious things from the foam of the ocean when churned by the gods and demons for the recovery of the Amṛta. She appeared with a lotus in her hand, whence she is also called Padmā.
According to another legend, she appeared at the creation floating over the water on the expanded petals of a lotus flower; she is also variously regarded as wife of Sūrya, as wife of Prajā-pati, as wife of Dharma and mother of Kāma, as sister or mother of Dhātṛ and Vidhātṛ, as wife of Datt^atreya, as one of the nine Śaktis of Viṣṇu, as a manifestation of Prakṛti, as identified with Dākshāyaṇī in Bharat^aśrama, and with Sītā, wife of Rāma, and with other women."

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Post The Golden Pot and The Magic Flute
Hello Pascal, Well, I did not know anything before about "The Golden Pot", but you sure did provide a major meaningful coincidence by posting about it. Earlier pages on the Ann-Suzanne Blog have a lot to say about historical Masonic and Rosicrucian influences upon our more contemporary mysticisms. Here is one aspect from the Wiki write-up you linked to that fits well with that theme.

Operatic influences

The plot of Hoffmann's fairytale may have been influenced by his experience in the theater, which began in 1808 (Robertson 1992, xi). Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera The Magic Flute was one of the many operas that Hoffmann conducted during the period in which he wrote The Golden Pot. In the opera, Tamino must survive tests imposed by Sarastro, Pamina's father, if he is to win her. The wise old Sarastro resembles Archivist Lindhorst in this regard, and Sarastro also has a female foe, the Queen of the Night. Like the applemonger, the Queen is associated with both the night and the lowly realm of the earth. Tamino, like Anselmus, must learn the differences between a wise, majestic mentor and a female personification of evil.

Hoffmann's work on one of his own operas, Undine, which he composed in Dresden between 1812 and 1814, may also have influenced The Golden Pot. Based on a story by Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué, the opera is the story of a water nymph who gains an immortal soul by winning the love of a human being.

... and more on this topic ... from another Wiki article:

The Magic Flute is noted for its prominent Masonic elements; Schikaneder and Mozart were Masons and lodge brothers (see: Mozart and Freemasonry). The opera is also influenced by Enlightenment philosophy, and can be regarded as an allegory advocating enlightened absolutism. The Queen of the Night represents a dangerous form of obscurantism or, according to some interpreters, contemporary Roman Catholicism.[5] Her antagonist Sarastro symbolises the enlightened sovereign who rules according to principles based on reason, wisdom, and nature. The story itself portrays the education of mankind, progressing from chaos through religious superstition to rationalistic enlightenment, by means of trial (Tamino) and error (Papageno), ultimately to make "the Earth a heavenly kingdom, and mortals like the gods" ("Dann ist die Erd' ein Himmelreich, und Sterbliche den Göttern gleich." This couplet is sung in the finales to both acts.)

The opera was the culmination of a period of increasing involvement by Mozart with Schikaneder's theatrical troupe, which since 1789 had been the resident company at the Theater auf der Wieden. Mozart was a close friend of one of the singer-composers of the troupe, tenor Benedikt Schack (the first Tamino), and had contributed to the compositions of the troupe, which were often collaboratively written. Mozart's participation increased with his contributions to the 1790 collaborative opera Der Stein der Weisen (The Philosopher's Stone), including the duet ("Nun liebes Weibchen," K. 625/592a) and perhaps other passages. Like The Magic Flute, Der Stein der Weisen was a fairy-tale opera and can be considered a kind of precursor; it employed much the same cast in similar roles.[6]

Mozart evidently wrote keeping in mind the skills of the singers intended for the premiere, which included both virtuosi and ordinary comic actors, asked to sing for the occasion.[7] Thus, the vocal lines for Papageno and Monostatos are often stated first in the strings so the singer can find his pitch, and are frequently doubled by instruments. In contrast, Mozart's sister-in-law Josepha Hofer, who premiered the role of the Queen of the Night, evidently needed little such help: this role is famous for its difficulty. In ensembles, Mozart skillfully combined voices of different ability levels.

A particularly demanding aria is the Queen of the Night's "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" ("The vengeance of Hell boils in my heart"), which reaches a high F6 (see Scientific pitch notation), rare in opera. At the low end, the part of Sarastro includes a conspicuous F in a few locations.

On 28 December 1791, 3½ weeks after Mozart's death, his widow Constanze offered to send a manuscript score of The Magic Flute to the electoral court in Bonn. Nikolaus Simrock published this text in the first full-score edition (Bonn, 1814), claiming that it was "in accordance with Mozart's own wishes" (Allgemeine musikalische Zeitung, 13 September 1815).[8][9]END

Sarastro is the key to many significances we have dealt with on the Blog. Some so-called experts claim the fictional name in the opera refers to the ancient Persian prophet Zoroaster. Oh well, maybe in part. But who it really referred to was a contemporary of Mozart's... who dressed in real life as an Egyptian priest just as Sarastro did in the opera.

Miracle-worker or man of straw? Count Alessandro Cagliostro was a cult figure of European society in the tumultuous years leading to the French Revolution. An alchemist, healer and Freemason, he inspired both wild devotion and savage ridicule - and novels by Alexander Dumas, a drama by Goethe and Mozart's opera The Magic Flute.

Cagliostro's sincere belief in the magical powers, including immortality, conferred by his Egyptian Rite of Freemasonry won him fame, but made him dangerous enemies, too. His celebrated travels through the Middle East and the capitals of Europe ended abruptly in Rome in 1789, where he was arrested by the Inquisition and condemned to death for heresy.

The Masonic Magician tells Cagliostro's extraordinary story, complete with the first English translation of the Egyptian Rite ever published. The authors examine the case made against him, that he was an impostor as well as a heretic, and finds that the Roman Church, and history itself, have done him a terrible injustice.

This engaging account, drawing on remarkable new documentary evidence, shows that the man condemned was a genuine visionary and true champion of Freemasonry. His teachings have much to reveal to us today not just of the mysteries of Freemasonry, but of the mysterious hostility the movement continues to attract.

Reviews And Press Coverage

The Scottish Rite Journal

"Wow, what a ride this book is! I've always been a little uncomfortable at the ease with which writers, including some Masonic writers, have applied such terms as "quack," "fake," and "charlatan" to a man who seemed far more complex than that. It seemed a little like believing the propaganda of the enemy. Faulks and Cooper make it clear that we need to rethink Cagliostro. They are qualified for the task. Bro. Cooper is the Curator of the Grand Lodge of Scotland Museum and Library, and a fine and careful Masonic author, as his many books testify."

Michael Baigent - Freemasonry Today

"The translation of Cagliostro's Egyptian rite of Freemasony alone fully justifies the purchase of this book."

Bruno Virgilio Gazzo
editor, PS Review of FM

The authors say: "Our main concern when writing this book was to show the positive sides to a man who has long been denigrated and denounced as an imposter or charlatan. We wished to give credence to the altruist and mystic, the visionary and 'friend of humanity' -to offer an insight into the spiritual work of an Enlightenment hero who never recanted his Freemasonry or his magic."

I can assure you they have achieved that.

The Masonic Square Magazine

"The most outstanding book on Esoteric Freemasonry this decade"

Words from Sarastro sung in the Magic Flute:

“Within these hallowed halls / Man does not know Revenge... Within these hallowed walls / Where men by love do live / No vengeance can lie hidden / We do all sins forgive / Who hath no joy in this fair teaching / Is far beneath man’s just deserving.” (Sarastro’s Aria, Act II, Scene 12.)

Or as the One and Only would say...

Our only goal: Gentle Spirits Being Love

Oh my, I just found out sad news about the opera singer Laszlo Polgar who I have felt best sings this aria... as well as he looks very much like Lee looked when I knew him 50 years ago... plus this charming man plays the part not as a father figure but more as a potential romantic companion to the young lady. This video always brings tears to my eyes but even more so now after reading in the comments below the video that Laszlo Polgar died six months ago at only age 64. Please watch... this is so beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWWCfl19Vg

Suzanne

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 pm
Profile Personal album

Post To Ann and Jan about Lee's hidden "great work"
Well, I hardly know what to say... the meaningful coincidences over the last two weeks have been far more numerous and intensive than they have ever been here on the Blog. I got a notion yesterday to look up what Jan had said on an earlier Blog page about a dream vision he believed to be related to Lee. This was quite some time ago... actually over a year... so why now would I want to re-read the details? Then I realized that my coming upon the Ascended Masters website, with this violet flame shown below, made me think of what Jan had written about the unusual music he had heard and colors and lights he had seen as somehow healing him and his deceased grandfather spiritually.

SOURCE: http://www.lcrawfords-manymansions.com/ ... ge%202.htm

I took the words from Jan's written description of his vision experience and did a Google search to see if anything important or profound would show up. Since I used to teach preschool kids, I was remembering about mixing paint colors and which combinations would make some other color. I thought that the colors Jan had given would be likely to make violet or orchid -- colors somewhat lighter than purple. I am not going to go into all the details and will only show images of the most significance to me... and probably to many of us.

Jan's statement: "... my grandfather and I proceeded to the 'golden soul gong'.
The soul gong allowed the music... to become... visible in pastel pink and bluish white 'light filaments'.
These could enter our bodies and 'heal' them.

Cross called a monstrance that contains the consecrated host during Mass.

Laser light moving head shown in a video with modern trance music.

Photons forming colorful shapes in a movie about the collider at CERN.

Artistic display of seeking "the god particle" in the Hadron Collider.

A mobius loop image entitled Symbol of Infinity Connected.

Interesting view of the "akashic" record of all soul experiences.

A creative display of the process of our realization of the Higher Self.

While I have been working on this, I checked back on AOL to see if there were any recent E-mails. One had come in from Ann. Subject: Bob dreams of Walter Russell Date: 3/24/2011 2:42:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time. This was my short reply for now to Ann: Wait till you see what I have been working on while you were writing this E-mail... I am not finished yet... I think you can figure out how to use some of the material you have shown here in reply at the Blog.

Suzanne

P.S. Adding some labels to the above images. FINISHED at 5:57 AM.

Last edited by Suzanne on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am
Profile Personal album

Post purple v
Hi,

there's a lot to write about! I'm about to run in to work so just a 'reactive' type of response for now...

I just wanted to post how this purpleness is relating at the moment... The past few weeks, I've noticed a lot in the way of 'misty' color. I observed one evening a total 'purple out' (as opposed to a black out)... My vision just filled with it...really something.

While playing or practicing drums, I've noticed some really intense purple around my drum sticks and the 'v' from the Vater logo on my practice pad. I haven't wanted to dismiss it because I know that while playing or practicing I have to be really centered - not consciously centered though... Really, "I" drift away after a while...

Here's an image I nabbed the other day or week, I can't remember now. Maybe this is a good representation, one way or another. This isn't so much a post about drums - more like an attempt at describing sensation...or the biomechanics of sensation?

warm regards to all,
pascal

ps: I looked up 'biomechanics of sensation" and found this site out of a lot of 'stuff'...

http://afronord.tripod.com/biomx/body.html

"The biography of a true artist is that of a person beset with self discontent, The life of an artist is the rejoicing on one day, when the last touch is thrown onto the canvas, and the greatest suffering on another day, when the artist sees all his blunders. Only an amateur is free from doubt and is always content with himself. Master is always very strict to himself."

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Post Instant synchronicity about DRUMS
Hi Pascal, My husband was in drum and bugle corps when he was young about 55-60 years ago. He never played drums. Just the other day, however, a DVD arrived that he had recently ordered from Amazon online. He watched and listened to it with earphones the other night. I had to borrow those earphones last night to listen to the music at the Violet Flame website. He is saying right now that he would like to get some electronic contraption that would let him "play drums" and listen to the results through earphones without actually having a drum set which would be impossible to do in the condo unit where we live. Anyhow, here is the same actual picture that is on his new DVD.

What this has to do with the Walter Russell diagram of Wave Optics and Space Geometry...
I don't know... but it must be SOMETHING!
:roll:

Suzanne

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:05 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Music of the spheres / Divine Dew
Hi Suzanne & all,

I just searched "Walter Russell - music of the spheres"

http://esmerelda-jones.com/Divine-Dew/? ... er-russell

pascal

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Post Heartbeat of Mother Earth
Hi,

I remembered this morning that the drum is the heartbeat of Mother Earth...

“Shaman,” according to freedictionary.com is “a member of certain tribal societies who acts as a medium between the visible world and an invisible spirit world and who practices magic or sorcery for purposes of healing, divination and control over natural events.”

“Babaylan” is what Filipinos call indigenous mystic healers and trance mediums; they would be the first to see why shamans in the Northern Hemisphere have always been deeply influenced by the Aurora Borealis. If you were born Sami on native ground, you too would find it easy believe in the supernatural power of these lights dancing in the black winter skies of the Northern Hemisphere. Magical thinking – reading God’s signature in Nature and learning to tap its power – is a universal urge that today’s young would be most familiar with in the legendary Merlin.

Symbols of the Northern Lights are etched on Sami shamanic drums, known by different names. One name, Guovssahas, means "the light that can be heard." The Sami associate the Aurora Borealis with sound: the essence of the World Drum’s power. “Mother Earth’s heartbeat,” they also call it, the ultimate ultrasound. Many of the planet’s indigenous wisdom traditions believe that the universe was created with and in sound.

“Rhythm is the soul of life. The whole universe revolves in rhythm. Every thing and every human action revolves in rhythm”

Schumann Resonance is also said to be that heartbeat...

...more in a bit.

pascal

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Post License Plate Synchronicity for Pascal - 233
Hi Pascal, I was here earlier this morning and posted to Gregory about the nuclear crisis in Japan. Then I did some stuff in my kitchen and made coffee. Then I came back to my computer to start preparing a post to you about the number I saw on a license plate last night. Actually I have tended lately to only pay attention to actual words or names. Mile after mile on my way home... not even one word! Then I saw a word and decided to remember it until I could write it down. There was a number right after the word. Well, my One and Only said... "and what was the number?" Uh, I think it was 233... but the car had taken a ramp to the left... and I could no longer see it. Then he said, "It was 233! Remember 233 and look it up at home." Closer to home I saw SOLAR DT. I was wondering aloud... hmm... DT, and he said Delerium Tremens. There were some very interesting results for SOLAR DELERIUM TREMENS, but that's a story for another post.

Hmm, 233... what could that mean... maybe something to do with a missing part of the Trinity... oh well, I have not been Catholic since age 13 or something... a very long time ago. I got home and wrote down SOLAR DT and 233... I could NOT NOT NOT remember the word that had been in front of 233, and I still can't recall what it was. If I had... I would not have quickly wound up with a very meaningful coincidence in regard to 233 as a prime number... whatever that means... I know next to nothing about math stuff. Here goes with my Google search web history:

8:26 pm Searched for 233 - Viewed 2 results

233 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - wikipedia.org

Not starred http:// primes .utm.edu /curios/ page.php/ 233.html

More description of those two results:

233 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia233 is an irregular prime, a full reptend prime, a cousin prime, a Chen prime, a Fibonacci prime and a sexy prime. It is the 13th Fibonacci number. ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/233_(number) - Cached - Similar

Prime Curios!: 233 One of many pages of prime number curiosities and trivia. This page discusses 233 Come explore a new prime today!
http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php/233.html - Cached - Similar

OK Pascal, I instantly knew I had come to the right meaningful coincidence on the Prime Curios 233 web page -- VOILA!!!

233 is an interesting Fibonacci prime. If divided by the Fibonacci number 144, it approximates the golden ratio.
The smallest prime factor of 229 - 1.

* 2233 - 3 is prime. [Kulsha]

* Describing 233 and repeating the process with each new term produces five more primes, i.e., "one 2, two 3's," generates 1223, etc. [Rivera]

* Neil J. A. Sloane, editor-in-chief of the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences, works at AT&T Shannon Laboratories in room C233.

* The only known multidigit Fibonacci prime whose digits are all Fibonacci primes. [Gupta]

* The only known Fibonacci prime whose sum of digits is a Fibonacci number. [Russo]

***** "Pascal's Wager" appears in Pensées 233.

Title page of Blaise Pascal's Pensées (1670). The Warder Collection.

Pensées

PART III

230. It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that He should not exist; that the soul should be joined to the body, and that we should have no soul; that the world should be created, and that it should not be created, etc.; that original sin should be, and that it should not be. {see: 100}

231. Do you believe it to be impossible that God is infinite, without parts? Yes. I wish therefore to show you an infinite and indivisible thing. It is a point moving everywhere with an infinite velocity; for it is one in all places and is all totality in every place. Let this effect of nature, which previously seemed to you impossible, make you know that there may be others of which you are still ignorant. Do not draw this conclusion from your experiment, that there remains nothing for you to know; but rather that there remains an infinity for you to know.

232. Infinite movement, the point which fills everything, the moment of rest; infinite without quantity, indivisible and infinite.

233. Infinite- nothing.- Our soul is cast into a body, where it finds number, dimension. Thereupon it reasons, and calls this nature necessity, and can believe nothing else. Unity joined to infinity adds nothing to it, no more than one foot to an infinite measure. The finite is annihilated in the presence of the infinite, and becomes a pure nothing. So our spirit before God, so our justice before divine justice. There is not so great a disproportion between our justice and that of God as between unity and infinity. {see: 105} The justice of God must be vast like His compassion. Now justice to the outcast is less vast and ought less to offend our feelings than mercy towards the elect. We know that there is an infinite, and are ignorant of its nature. As we know it to be false that numbers are finite, it is therefore true that there is an infinity in number. But we do not know what it is. It is false that it is even, it is false that it is odd; for the addition of a unit can make no change in its nature. Yet it is a number, and every number is odd or even (this is certainly true of every finite number). So we may well know that there is a God without knowing what He is. Is there not one substantial truth, seeing there are so many things which are not the truth itself? We know then the existence and nature of the finite, because we also are finite and have extension. We know the existence of the infinite and are ignorant of its nature, because it has extension like us, but not limits like us. But we know neither the existence nor the nature of God, because He has neither extension nor limits. But by faith we know His existence; in glory we shall know His nature. Now, I have already shown that we may well know the existence of a thing, without knowing its nature. Let us now speak according to natural lights. {see: 110} If there is a God, He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having neither parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of knowing either what He is or if He is. This being so, who will dare to undertake the decision of the question? Not we, who have no affinity to Him. Who then will blame Christians for not being able to give a reason for their belief, since they profess a religion for which they cannot give a reason? They declare, in expounding it to the world, that it is a foolishness, stultitiam;* and then you complain that they do not prove it! If they proved it, they would not keep their word; it is in lacking proofs that they are not lacking in sense. "Yes, but although this excuses those who offer it as such and takes away from them the blame of putting it forward without reason, it does not excuse those who receive it." Let us then examine this point, and say, "God is, or He is not." But to which side shall we incline? Reason can decide nothing here. There is an infinite chaos which separated us. A game is being played at the extremity of this infinite distance where heads or tails will turn up. What will you wager? According to reason, you can do neither the one thing nor the other; according to reason, you can defend neither of the propositions. - * I Cor. 1. 21. - {see: 115} Do not, then, reprove for error those who have made a choice; for you know nothing about it. "No, but I blame them for having made, not this choice, but a choice; for again both he who chooses heads and he who chooses tails are equally at fault, they are both in the wrong. The true course is not to wager at all." Yes; but you must wager. It is not optional. You are embarked. Which will you choose then? Let us see. Since you must choose, let us see which interests you least. You have two things to lose, the true and the good; and two things to stake, your reason and your will, your knowledge and your happiness; and your nature has two things to shun, error and misery. Your reason is no more shocked in choosing one rather than the other, since you must of necessity choose. This is one point settled. But your happiness? Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. "That is very fine. Yes, I must wager; but I may perhaps wager too much." Let us see. Since there is an equal risk of gain and of loss, if you had only to gain two lives, instead of one, you might still wager. But if there were three lives to gain, you would have to play (since you are under the necessity of playing), and you would be imprudent, when you are forced to play, not to chance your life to gain three at a game where there is an equal risk of loss and gain. But there is an eternity of life and happiness. And this being so, if there were an infinity of chances, of which one only would be for you, you would still be right in wagering one to win two, and you would act stupidly, being obliged to play, by refusing to stake one life against three at a game in which out of an infinity of chances there is one for you, if there were an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain. But there is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. It is all divided; where-ever the infinite is and there is not an infinity of chances of loss against that of gain, there is no time to hesitate, you must give all. And thus, when one is forced to play, he must renounce reason to preserve his life, rather than risk it for infinite gain, as likely to happen as the loss of nothingness. For it is no use to say it is uncertain if we will gain, and it is certain that we risk, and that the infinite distance between the certainly of what is staked and the uncertainty of what will be gained, equals the finite good which is certainly staked against the uncertain infinite. It is not so, as every player stakes a certainty to gain an uncertainty, and yet he stakes a finite certainty to gain a finite uncertainty, without transgressing against reason. There is not an infinite distance between the certainty staked and the uncertainty of the gain; that is untrue. In truth, there is an infinity between the certainty of gain and the certainty of loss. But the uncertainty of the gain is proportioned to the certainty of the stake according to the proportion of the chances of gain and loss. Hence it comes that, if there are as many risks on one side as on the other, the course is to play even; and then the certainty of the stake is equal to the uncertainty of the gain, so far is it from fact that there is an infinite distance between them. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain. This is demonstrable; and if men are capable of any truths, this is one. "I confess it, I admit it. But, still, is there no means of seeing the faces of the cards?" Yes, Scripture and the rest, etc. "Yes, but I have my hands tied and my mouth closed; I am forced to wager, and am not free. I am not released, and am so made that I cannot believe. What, then, would you have me do?" True. But at least learn your inability to believe, since reason brings you to this, and yet you cannot believe. Endeavour, then, to convince yourself, not by increase of proofs of God, but by the abatement of your passions. You would like to attain faith and do not know the way; you would like to cure yourself of unbelief and ask the remedy for it. Learn of those who have been bound like you, and who now stake all their possessions. These are people who know the way which you would follow, and who are cured of an ill of which you would be cured. Follow the way by which they began; by acting as if they believed, taking the holy water, having masses said, etc. Even this will naturally make you believe, and deaden your acuteness. "But this is what I am afraid of." And why? What have you to lose? {see: 120} But to show you that this leads you there, it is this which will lessen the passions, which are your stumbling-blocks. The end of this discourse.- Now, what harm will befall you in taking this side? You will be faithful, humble, grateful, generous, a sincere friend, truthful. Certainly you will not have those poisonous pleasures, glory and luxury; but will you not have others? I will tell you that you will thereby gain in this life, and that, at each step you take on this road, you will see so great certainty of gain, so much nothingness in what you risk, that you will at last recognise that you have wagered for something certain and infinite, for which you have given nothing. "Ah! This discourse transports me, charms me," etc. If this discourse pleases you and seems impressive, know that it is made by a man who has knelt, both before and after it, in prayer to that Being, infinite and without parts, before whom he lays all he has, for you also to lay before Him all you have for your own good and for His glory, that so strength may be given to lowliness.

Suzanne... and Lee... and a bunch of other dead math guys/gals over in the Beyond playing at creating and solving riddles about afterlife survival by way of rather striking synchronicities... partly they just happen automatically... and partly they appear to be designed to happen not just coincidentally... a process that I do not comprehend but can see has intelligence and intention behind it.

P.S. I just noticed a spiritual significance in the last sentence as I proofread to the end of Pascal's 233 statement (I have marked above in italic blue) and was about to hit the Submit button. I have mentioned this before to Ann. When my sister and I a couple of years ago went to a location related to the One and Only's lifework, I asked her if she had noticed anything very unusual... and she had indeed... that there was not even one single picture of him there... as well as his best friend's widow wondered how there could not be even an obituary for him in the major newspapers of the city where he was born and died... such things completely puzzled us all. My sister speculated that it must have something to do with the idea of "the glory going only to God".

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile Personal album

Post catch a rabbit with a 'snare'...
Hi,

I don't even know where to start!

I'm letting all of this sink in as much as possible so I'm going to move to posting about Fibonacci later...reading more about it as always. At present I linked Fibonacci to "the valley of death" - in a positive sense...the shadow in a positive sense.

-------

I realize this adds to expanding the ideas here, but it jumped out at me so I'll post it...

(...)These symbolic archetypes are useful for understanding Rabbit in dreams and art. If one dreams of a rabbit, for instance, does that not have more meaning than the frightened "Thumper" of Disneyworld? Having lived with Rabbit for nearly fifteen years, I am most positive that is so.

To me, one of the most important archetypes is that of the Psychopomp. A Psychopomp is a god or goddess (energy form) that acts as a liaison, and guide, between the three worlds-the physical earthly level that we dwell upon, the Underworld and the Heavens. In classical mythology, the Roman God Mercury was a Psychopomp, for example. He guided the ancient heroes to and through the Underworld, and he also brought messages from above to the mere mortals here on Earth.

Rabbit is a symbolic representation of that same energy. Rabbit is well at home here on the earthly plane, of course. But he is also an Adept, comfortable in the Netherworld of underground tunnels and dark passages. His acute perception makes him sensitive to vibrations and energies that we often cannot comprehend. But in the "Underworld," those sensitivities are even more pronounced as sight is reduced to nil.

Jungian psychology and the dream world both make prolific use of language puns. Symbolically, Rabbit in the Underworld is therefore representative of using one's intuition: knowing how to get around "in the dark" and being comfortable traveling in "unmarked territory." By default, it can also denote having or developing trust in the "Inner Light." Rabbit does not need an outside source to illuminate his way. His connection to the Collective Energy maintains his pathway.

Rabbit is also an Earth symbol, by virtue of the fact that he is so close to the ground, and lives partially in the ground itself. He could convey, symbolically, a need to center oneself more, for instance. He could also imply stodginess, for that matter, a sort of "stuck in the rut" kind of energy that happens to us all at times. The context of the dream or imagery will define the meaning more clearly. That earthy quality also suggests the Zen-like ability to maintain focus even whilst all about is chaos. And as an animal that can become one with the earth in a camouflaged way, this symbol can also be translated into several different phases. It can mean that one is non-threatening, complacent, is unrecognized (invisible to others), hidden and/or totally safe and secure. The meanings vary according to the context of the imagery.

Rabbit, as Davis and DeMello indicated, is also a symbol of the archetypal "Trickster" in world mythologies. Br'er Rabbit is a Trickster, for example, as is the rabbit Manabozho in Native American myths. We all know Bugs Bunny, of course, in popular American cartoons. The idea is that Rabbit can stay one step ahead of the enemies, literally from without or figuratively from within. We know that 'real' rabbits zigzag in complex patterns to escape predators; the symbol evoked is that one is more intelligent and quicker than those in pursuit.

Rabbit is also a Shape Shifter, to use the Native American Shamanic term. One moment he is benignly hidden in the grass, an innocuous little bunny rabbit…and the next he is a ferocious Monty-Pythonesque fracas of razor-sharp teeth, and splayed claws, spewing growls of anger. House rabbits especially, can represent Bravery as they defend their territory against the others, be it dog, cat or human. This is a symbolic allusion to "facing fears", not simply thumping in fear as Disney would have us believe. "Know thyself," the Greek philosophers taught. Rabbit always knows "where he is," at any moment, on any issue, in any arena. As a prey animal, is it absolutely necessary to know where the escape routes are located, who and where the predators are, and to remain in command of one's senses. Rabbit in this instance would bring to mind that we often need to do the same, especially in some environments. Rabbit always has contingency plans for everything.

Realistically, rabbits are prey animals: symbolically Rabbit is a "Pray" animal, because dreams and imagery use the meanings interchangeably. Rabbit also "sacrifices" his life for the predator, whether coyote or fox. Rabbit in that sense could be interpreted as "service to others". And of course, we see bunnies "pray" every time they bring their paws together in front of their faces to wash.

To me, Rabbit as companion also has specific meanings that can be translated symbolically. For instance, they teach us Unconditional Love, and Compassion for Life, by virtue of eliciting those things within us. If we watch them, they teach us to meditate every day. (Some writers have referred to the tucked-in, self-composed position rabbits assume sometimes as the "meatloaf" position; I prefer to call this asana the "Bunny Buddha.")

Rabbit teaches us that you are what you perceive yourself to be; some of the rabbits that have lived with me have been physically challenged, but have never seen themselves as such. And some of our smallest rabbits have been likened to little Napoleons as they perceive themselves to be the head of the Warren. They teach us to assume self-worth as well.

And one important symbolical meaning that Rabbit should elicit in us is that of playfulness and joy. Their nonsense displays of happiness are part of the Dance of Life-which is nothing more than a Cosmic Binkie.

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/4-11/symbol.html

*It's almost as though talking things through really helps dissipate fear and other naturally induced sensations we huumans have eh? (nope, not a type-o) This has been my experience here in the forum. With every 'exhale' of 'that' fear I inhale 'new life' and artistic and other abilities are honed. (horned?) :wink:

warm regards,
pascal

ps: I posted something to Roger, afterwards I looked into lumens naturae and ended up here. http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=686

For the last little while I've thought about the image I posted to Kristin some time ago...

...ending a week of holidays today. Very happy that I've had the chance to post and 'let it go'.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Post x and the 4ness of God
Hi Suzanne & all...

I've been studying a lot over the weekend, and would like to post this...

Managed to make my way to 'key 528' (which I think Debbie would know a bit about) from linking some of the posts above.

Would it be correct to say that the sequence of numbers on the stack looks like "reach - maintain...reach - maintain"

...then 'x' came back into 'view' with your 233 - I saw the 'math' in it straight away...but I'm still contemplating what else there is to it.

Martina Schettina: Fibonaccis Dream

...can't help but make this connection. "Right" or "Wrong"...

One more thing... "Math for Poets and Drummers"? http://www.sju.edu/~rhall/Rhythms/Poets/arcadia.pdf

warm regards,
pascal

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Post Re: x and the 4ness of God - WOW coincidence!
pascal b wrote:
Hi Suzanne & all...

I've been studying a lot over the weekend, and would like to post this...

Managed to make my way to 'key 528' (which I think Debbie would know a bit about) from linking some of the posts above.

...then 'x' came back into 'view' with your 233 - I saw the 'math' in it straight away...but I'm still contemplating what else there is to it.

This is the image of the bright star of Vega that I just sent to Ann!

It is to represent a quarternity aspect instead of a trinity
(both may be combined somehow)
of the Divine One.

...can't help but make this connection. "Right" or "Wrong"...

warm regards,
pascal

Hi Pascal, This is incredibly unbelievable again... I had just sent a message to Ann by E-mail entitled "Marla called yesterday, the Russells, our Body of Christ" 3/28/2011 1:05:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time. I had not seen your post because I was busy with the E-mail for about a half hour since I needed to look up some images to paste tham into the E-mail... as well as to compose the E-mail message. Then after sending it I came here to post briefly about the Bunny Rabbit as Spiritual Guide in reply to your Friday post about that. Anyhow, let's get the Bunny part over with first. I have commented a number of times before on this Blog that when I ask the One and Only what he looks like now that he has been deceased for 20 years. In one early vision he showed himself in this manner, not literally as Christ or as a Christ figure since he was far too humble a person for that... but to indicate that somehow we are all interrelated and parts (or one specific term he has used... fragments to be gathered in) of the One. [I will have to locate this more holy image later...]

Update 3:30 PM Monday 3/28: Here is a paste in of
an earlier post on this Blog from December 10, 2008 entitled
Teilhard de Chardin, Cosmic Christ, Spirit World.

Quote:
I am posting here an image that comes very close to what I saw some months ago when Ann and I were having frequent exchanges mostly by E-mail about our supposed communications with our deceased "soul mates". I could not figure out how to express only in words what I had seen when Lee appeared to be at an entrance to multiple inner realms and was showing me that he is still an individual but also represents many others. This picture would be in the center of what I saw. To the left were the long processions of saints and sinners down through the ages coming together for a cosmic wedding. To the right of center was a dark passage way into the unknown if I had confidence enough to go with him there.

I just looked up the date for what I said next to Ann about this: 4/15/2008 6:27:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time - Well, this evening, finally we were there. We were in a vast twilight realm somewhat like it was our very own hidden space. It was very safe and peaceful. He said, very close to what it would be like to have an ordinary conversation in thoughts. "Here we are now together finally. This is the Imaginal Realm. Look up Henry Corbin. You already have this information on your computer."

Here are the links related to Henry Corbin and Sufism:

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=686

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5494#5494[/color]

LINK to the complete post on Cosmic Sufi and Christian images:

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7071#7071

I am posting this much now (that was at 1:36 PM -- will add some more later] and will add to it from E-mail files and earlier image from the Blog... uhh, just got a phone call that I have to bunny hop out my door in a few minutes. Turns out I can refer you back to an earlier post about Lee as a Bunny.

Image Image

Suzanne Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 pm
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic ... 1112#11112

Will have to finish this later today with the other x and 4ness images.....

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Y?
Hi Suzanne,

x(4) and y(3)... that was my 'brickwall' of the day. :shock: I suppose adding them together would be divine proportion?...or divine, being?

Just now, leonardo comes to mind!

...way more to follow.

kind regards,
pascal

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:50 am

Post The Golden Section
I have recently posted some links related to this topic in 'Links', but I would partiucularly recommend this wonderful little book by Scott Olsen, 'The Golden Section: Nature's Greatest Secret' :
http://www.woodenbooks.com/browse/index.php

Click on cover - second from right, second row down. You can access the book in full. Amongst other gems, Olsen demonstrates how all of the integers can be expressed in terms of Phi and its derivatives.

He draws attention to the Lucas Series (2,1,3,4,7,11,18,29,47,76,...), which appears in nature as does the Fibonacci Series (0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,...). Any additive series will converge on Phi through the ratio of successive terms - these two just do it quickest.

Olsen's talk here goes into the hidden geometry based upon Phi ('The Golden Section and the Roots of Theosophy'), and in my opinion is deeply significant:
http://www.theosophical.org/online-reso ... t-webcasts

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Post Thanks...
Hi Patrick,

thanks a lot for posting those links. There are some very wonderful and powerful videos... I have to be careful 'how' I listen to them while I'm working, they seem to be brewing/stirring up some really intense feelings!

I really liked the "Living life as Sacred Theatre" video. But really all of the speakers are also very graceful.

Kind regards,
pascal

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Yes, the talks look excellent, although I have only watched the one on the Golden Section. There are two on 'The Red Book' by Stephan Hoeller that I will probably watch next.

The Olsen material ties in with what you have been posting on the Golden Section and Fibonacci Numbers. This is an interesting article by him:
http://www.emis.de/journals/NNJ/GA-v4n1-Olsen.html

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Post living sculptures
Hi Patrick,

when I first opened that link I started to watch the Golden Section video. I got to where the picture of the bodybuilder is shown and :shock: ...I used to be one. I'm not sure why but that struck me fairly intensely so I had to move on to the next ones for a bit. I wanted to see if I could understand why I reacted that way. I'm going to 'sit down' with that video tonight.

Thanks again,
pascal

ps: I'm about 34 minutes in and I'm starting to see why I had that intense reaction to it. :)

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

The Golden Section video affected me strongly too. I have never met Scott Olsen, but I did a number of workshops with Keith Critchlow on sacred geometry in the 1980s - Olsen has also studied with him and mentions him many times. He taught me that geometric exercises can be a form of contemplation.

Best Wishes,

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 am

Post Sacred Knowledge
Quote:
From Olga Kharitidi, 'Entering the Circle', Thorsons 1997:

If there was something in the air
If there was something in the wind
If there was something in the trees or bushes
That could be pronounced and once was heard by animals,
Let this Sacred Knowledge be returned to us again.

ATHARVEDA (VII 66)

According to tradition, this hymn was offered in atonement for possible breaches in the conditions under which Sacred Knowledge was allowed to be transferred.

A beautiful notion.

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Post Shaman's Drum
Hi Patrick,

I have been listening to Entering the Circle and wow... I REALLY like the sounds, the mood, the whole thing. You 'nailed' it as far inspiration - I've been working on a spoken word / drum / ambient project of my own. No need for details on that, but let's say that this link you provided has helped me want to continue it and not feel that it is a 'useless' venture.

Atonement for the 'breach' is something I'll have to sit with for a while. Maybe you have something that explains this a bit?

You have a lot to say in the 'nudges' you've provided. :)

kind regards,
pascal

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Post Olga Kharitidi
Hi Pascal.

I was quoting from Olga Kharitidi's book - presumably you are referring to the CD she recorded based upon her shamanic experiences in the Altai region. I was aware of it, but have never heard it.

She has a current website:
http://www.cliffhousepublications.com/index.php

This is one of the most powerful and moving things I have ever read:
http://www.cliffhousepublications.com/i ... e-feather/

I think that both of her books are excellent ('Entering the Circle' and 'The Master of Lucid Dreams').

Patrick

Nikos Kazantzakis

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Post re: Olga Kharitidi
Hi Patrick,

you're right, that is where I ended up. I did see the book but so far only examined the cover. It was by chance that I got to a site that had some clips of the recorded work.

Going to read from the blue feather link today.

pascal

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Post lucifer, what's the bright idea?
Hi,

this morning it occurred to me that any thought that leads to harm in any way shape or form is bearing 'false' light.

I have had a discussion before about this and now it 'clicks'. It's a simple method of discernment. If one has consciousness enough to ask the question, it follows that one could actively decide / participate. I guess this sounds a bit like "who is the observer?".

It is also a picture of the tension of existence. The lower pulls back toward its source as the higher pulls upward to its source. Each wants to go to its respective 'home'. Perhaps the trick is to not get tricked one way or the other. (something that could produce megalomania)

This, I feel, is at the source of the discussions here lately.

kind regards,
pascal

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Post Hi to Pascal and Patrick plus my message to Ann
Well, I have been reading your posts and even checking out the links and videos you provided. I have been busy with getting the financial stuff out of crisis mode, and that was pretty much accomplished on Thursday. Ann has been away from home and did not have access to her own computer files in order to be making more comprehensive posts. She will probably be joining back in our discussions here again soon. Anyhow, here is a paste-in of an E-mail I sent to her while she was away visiting with family elsewhere.
Quote:
The dreams, visions, and communications we seem to be receiving all appear to be related to a global and cosmic spiritual transcendence and ascension. Perhaps there will be some deceptive hologram projections taking place during the same timeframe in our material world. Some of this may of course center on the physical Dome and the conflict it presents to building a new physical Temple. I came across recently more detailed information about the AUM cult in Japan back in the late 1990s. Their leader was a Messiah-type figure. We have heard about the Sarin gas deaths in the Japan subways that he ordered... but the other vicious crimes and murders committed by the cult members (some of whom were physicians and scientists) make the Manson cult look like child's play. Their intention was to create chaos and take over the Japanese government and then on to world domination. They had fanatical followers in other countries too who were amassing weapons. Likewise, just this last week was the anniversary of the group suicide of the West Coast cult members who thought they were going to die and fly up into a space ship arriving behind some comet event in order to be taken to some new Paradise world. While we are so very much focused on the nuclear disaster in Japan, very ominous events are taking place in Palestine-Israel. One of these days, it will turn into some kind of confrontation among the material conquerors promoted by some aspects of Judaism as the Moshiach, Churchianity as the Messiah, and the Islamic Mahdi to become the King of the world. My dream-visions the last couple of weeks have been about the contrast between these warlike outward scenarios and the deeply holy inner repentance and redemption taking place within millions perhaps billions of individuals globally who have a heart, mind, and soul commitment to the true Love and Light that does not have a specific ethnic or religious fanaticism in it at all. Lee keeps reminding me with the saying about "getting my house in order" that it is a time for us to not want to be preoccupied with our material concerns other than to be prepared to live more simply and have the circumstances in which we can meditate and pray for the best outcome for the most souls..... The other day I came across a note I had written to myself about what Lee had said about how I should "reverence" my husband and then it taking me a bit to connect that with Schweitzer's "reverence for life"..... I got more of a feeling about how much our reverence isn't just about worshiping a holy transcendent being but rather finding and honoring the essence of the All within all other aspects of the creation. I am still whining and griping almost daily about my being overwhelmed and unable to have any kind of consistency of patience and kindness. But there is more hope in my heart that Gentle Spirits Being Love will become an enduring reality at some point. Thanks for all the beautiful inspirations that you provide, dearest soul friend.

A bit of a blurry image but a clear bit of inspiration from Dr. Schweitzer

Suzanne

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:39 pm
Profile Personal album
Reply to topic   [ 1124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next