UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 am

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
 zerach 

Post zerach
Hi,

I felt to share this... In my current state of understanding this explains, in a clear way, this complex subject...

pascal

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 am

Post Zerach & Perets
The previous message beginning this topic was deleted when Pascal left the forum. I felt like giving the main part of this deleted message, an excerpt from the book
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30446985/Crow ... lscreen:on
(- Now happily Pascal came back, but I leave this page 136 -)

Hi Pascal, all
I could hardly believe it when I saw this new topic, as I thought much of Zerach & Perets these last days, after a recent discovery which was the main subject of the last post on my French blog.
Jung chiseled the stone of Bollingen to celebrate his recovery after the disease of 1944, and put Telesphoros in the center, child-god of convalescence.
He engraved too the seven symbols of alchemical planets, with two big ones, Sun and Moon, left and right from Telesphoros (who bears Mercury) :
The only precise dates I could find about Jung's disease are :
- Feb 11 : Jung broke his foot, and was sent to Haemmerli's clinic where he made an infarctus.
- Apr 4 : after several weeks between life and death, Jung is allowed to sit up on the edge of my bed, and on this same day Dr Haemmerli takes to his bed and will not leave it again.
- Jun 30 : Haemmerli dies, and about the same day Jung leaves the clinic.
I found there was 53 days from Feb 11 to Apr 4, and 87 from Apr 4 to Jun 30, and 53-87 are integers in Golden Ratio, as are 52-84, numerical values of JUNG-HAEMMERLI.
As already told, 52-84 are the gematrias of Hebrew names Elijah-Enoch, the two only people in OT who rose to Heaven without dying. I came to wonder if there was other meaningful couples of Hebrew words in golden ratio, and the only one I could think of was 'hama-levana, sun-moon = 53-87, so the Bollingen stone might show through gematria the exact calendar of Jung's disease!

Then I had a look about sun-moon theme in Qabbala stuff, and found that in the first Qabbala book talking of sefirot, the Bahir (circa 1240), sun and moon ('hama-levana) are identified to Zerach and Perets, and this stroke me much, for several reasons, mainly because French author Perec's name comes from Perets, and for me Perec is much related to golden ratio and synchronicity.
He died without achieving a novel, titled "53 days".

Last edited by rémi on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 am
Profile WWW

Post levana navel
I just thought after writing last post that
LEVANA, sides reversed, is A NAVEL,
and the navel is supposed to part human body following golden ratio.
It might too echo to Pascal's quote about childbirth (by the way, what is the source?)

Hebrew noun levana means 'white', coming from adjective lavan, 'white', which reverses in naval, 'foolish' (the fools are sometimes right).
Georges Perec is a name showing a perfect golden ratio (47/76 = .618). His last poem, soon before his death, was in 76 lines with a special jump after line 47. I found other golden relations in it but was taken for a fool until the rough copies of the poem were found, showing Perec first thought of a constraint following Fibonacci numbers. Yet he didn't seem to have done it, and what I saw looked like unwillingly.

A quite funny thing is this poem was written for the wedding of his Tunisian friends Kmar and Nour. I knew Arabic nour had to do with 'light', as it's about the same word in Hebrew, and wondered what meant kmar. I just had a small French-Arabic lexicon, and the first word I tried was LUNE (moon), giving the Arabic KMAR...

Also the navel is a tiny circle in the middle of the belly, and Jung said he saw a small circle in the center of the rough Bollingen stone, like an eye watching him, and he chiseled Telesphoros as the pupil of this eye.
A friend told me the parts of Horus' eye were used as fraction symbols by Egyptians, and so the little circle standing for the pupil is the fraction 1/4.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus#In_arithmetic
Jung divided the stone in four parts :

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 am
Profile WWW

Post reparenting
Hi Rémi, & all

thanks for your reply...

I found that while searching for sites on reparenting. The source of that clip was http://ionamillersubjects.weebly.com/multimedia.html <----I let the 'fluff' of the page go unseen to get to the heart of her subjects.

"Charging or energizing of the Homunculus—the emergent Rotundum. The inner person, the homunculus passes through the stages and undergoes transformation. Psychologically, it is analogous to self-reparenting, and materializing or embodying archetypal forms. Understanding appears as if it were a “conception.” The Homunculus is the product of the Royal Marriage of Sun and Moon, and is equivalent to the lapis or anthropos. In the ancient art of alchemy, the soul is depicted as a homunculus or “small man.” It is symbolically equivalent to the Elixir or Universal Medicine. It personifies the unconscious as an inner man, a hermaphroditic being, a spirit in a bottle, a “brain child.” Zosimos and Paracelsus spoke of the homunculus as devouring himself, and giving birth to himself—the death/rebirth necessary for casting off the old and inviting in the new self image. The paradoxical image typically appears before dissolution of the center into its unconscious element—the undifferentiated consciousness of the ground state. In alchemy, the homunculus is sort of a primal “test-tube baby,” created through a dynamic process in the Hermetically-sealed retort vessel. Dr. Frankenstein never had it so good. It feeds daily on the hidden mysteries of nature. Psychologically, this process is the creation of renewal of spirit, which takes place in the psyche when psychic contents are prevented from “leaking out” and being lost. “Heating” is symbolic of amplifying or intensifying the transformative process. In terms from chaos theory, magnetizing the entity, an ancient prescription, might insinuate the formation of a strange attractor as the complex core of the system. An attractor describes a temporary stability far from equilibrium. The homunculus is the archetype of the magical child. It is thus an embryonic symbol of rebirth, or re-creation of self by Self. In alchemy, the homunculus is generated by a succession of transformations through the four elements to reach its essential nature. The elements of fire, earth, air and water are analogous to spiritual, physical, mental and emotional life. The Inner light of the Divine Child.In alchemy the child often represents the inner Stone. Once developed and manifested into inner birth, the child represents the stage of life when the old man is transformed and reborn through the alchemical process. The child here represents the inner guiding light of the new spirituality and consciousness. The nurturing of this new born light matures into that most wonderful presence known as the light of the "Master Within"."

I see in the images you posted the quaternity. I noticed instantly the full and cresent moons in scale to each other on the rotation. Also, the carving denotes converging steps if I am not mistaken (though, the curved steps at the bottom right seem like a serpent somehow - is it 'penetrating' the circle, or womb?). Some time ago on the Ann & Suzanne blog I wrote that my dark had a light, and that my light had a dark. The carving represents this for me as well.

I'll study these images more this morning...

kindest regards,
pascal

ps: I see that you added the dot to show the sun but it is not on the carving... Can I ask why?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Post Related image I saved just last night to my computer
Well, I do not have time to comment now, but this does speak for itself!

by Nicholas Roerich

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm
Profile Personal album

Post T(h)OR ROT(h)
Pascal wrote:
I see that you added the dot to show the sun but it is not on the carving... Can I ask why?

Sure. In my mind there was no doubt this symbol was the Sun, so I just cheated a bit to make it clearer, but now you make me wonder if it might be a full moon.
If the six other planets are there, sure the sun must be too, but it might be the big circle containing the whole thing, with the small internal circle as the dot.
The text speaks of Telesphoros showing the way towards the doors of the sun.
It has to be noticed that in the two mandalas of Systema Munditotius,
http://www.gnosis.org/Jung_first_mandala.html
Jung put too DEA LUNA and DEUS SOL on both sides of the drawing, and in the last one there is no clear dot in the sun.

The Sun is on the right, maybe because of East, for sunrise.
But I have no definite advice about this, as my knowledge of this astral symbolism is quite weak.

Another strange thing today, I searched LEVANA, just to see, and if it's Hebrew 'moon' it's too the name of a Roman goddess, coming from the verb levo, 'to rise', and this goddess was invoked just after a birth.
Thomas de Quincey wrote:
At the very moment of birth, just as the infant tasted for the first time the atmosphere of our troubled planet, it was laid on the ground. That might bear different interpretations. But immediately, lest so grand a creature should grovel there for more than one instant, either the paternal hand, as proxy for the goddess Levana, or some near kinsman, as proxy for the father, raised it upright, bade it look erect as the king of all this world, and presented its forehead to the stars, saying, perhaps, in his heart, “Behold what is greater than yourselves!” This symbolic act represented the function of Levana. And that mysterious lady, who never revealed her face (except to me in dreams), but always acted by delegation, had her name from the Latin verb (as still it is the Italian verb) levare, to raise aloft.

It stroke me, for several reasons. I just learnt a few days ago Tor was an old Celtic god, completely different from Scandinavian Thor.
More accurately with my personal search, I already knew of a strange thing with Latin verb levare.
There are two uses of atbash in Jeremiah 51,
- Babel, BBL (בבל), is coded SSK (ששך), read sheshakh, that doesn't mean anything.
- Chaldea, KSDYM (כשדים), is coded LB QMY (לב קמי), lev qamay, two words that can mean 'the heart of my enemies'.
In the Vulgata, Hieronymus didn't get it was a code, he left Sesach and translated the two words by qui cor suum levaverunt contra me, 'those who raised their heart against me', and it's quite a strange thing to find the word cor, 'heart', so near the letters levav, which is 'heart' in Hebrew, spelled LBB, ie BBL backwards. Actually I guess the atbash code here is deeply tied to this joke BBL-LBB.
As I have already told, maybe too much but it's so important for me, the word levav made me think of Russian lvev, 'lion', Polish lwow, and I came to find another word for 'lion', sisak, looking so much like SSK code for BBL.
This led me to discover there was two triangular castles still standing on in Europa, Wewel and Sisak, and to build with them a Seal of Salomon...
See this topic
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1068

I already said about all that, but now comes what happened yesterday, watching a Jewish TV program I seldomly watch, because it makes 15 years I have left the intensive study of Jewish world and Qabbala (and I'm a bit fed up with it).
There was this pic I captured, showing TWO LIONS and a SoS !
But the quite crazy thing is the word above, which reads mizrach, and is built on the word zerach, which means 'red' (German ROT!). Mizrach means East, still because of the sunrise.
I didn't notice it yesterday, and I'm not sure it's related to the picture.

And while I was writing this Suzanne (our shoshana or LILY which might be the origin of SoS) posted this pic showing a Madonna with a cosmic SoS, showing if I guess well the twelve Zodiac signs (and maybe the 7 planet signs ?)
I scarcely know Nicholas Roerich, and looking for a better resolution to clear this point makes me wonder Suzanne's pic might be a fake, from this 1932 Madonna_Oriflamma :
Anyhow it's fabulous, as the three circles above, Trinity, look like what I called Sisak Castle Pattern in crop circle art.

The title of the post refers to God TOR and color ROT, reminding of previous LEVANA NAVEL, but TOROT is too the plural of TORA, that can be written too thoroth. Jewish mystics know two torot, written Tora, = Tiferet = Sun, and oral Tora, = Malkhut = Moon.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

Post pax
Hi Rémi, Suzanne & all...

Here's a quick reply to which I'll add as time permits tonight.

I searched also for that image which Suzanne posted. I came up with PAX, or Paix, yet again...Peace.

Pax Cultura - Peace through Culture...I'll post the symbol later.

I don't believe in accidents so the image was altered but sure fits here.

Kindest,
Pascal

*a couple of things to mention. That image of the carving looks like the monstrance also. The center of it is the 'bread'... physicality and spirituality.

Also,

this can be (should be?) seen as pax cultura... it's the same image as this...from my perspective.

"Pax Cultura is the movement initiated in the early 20-c. by Nicholas Roerich, a Russian painter, explorer, and philosopher. The objective of the movement is to protect culture from neglect, destruction, and disappearance.

THE SIGN, ITS HISTORY, AND MEANING
Just as the Red Cross is recognized by its protective sign, so is Pax Cultura embodied in a protective sign seen at the top of this page. This sign is ancient in origin; countless artifacts from the Paleolithic era are known to contain this figure. In his travels across Asia, Roerich had seen this sign time and again – carved into ancient stones of Neolithic monuments, inscribed on the amulets of the Bronze Age, and stitched onto the prayer flags of Tibetan monasteries. The Russian artist knew that it represented a deep understanding of culture's totality. The three smaller circles stand for Art, Science, and Religion - the three major components of culture. The protective ring symbolizes the human mind conceiving all three components, protecting them, fostering them, and giving them life.

PROTECTION OF CULTURE
The cultural heritage of any nation or historical era is ultimately a world treasure. It encompasses not just the existing remains of earlier cultures—the buildings and art, for example—but also the creative activities and scientific exploration, the schools, colleges and universities, scientific laboratories and research facilities, the libraries and other repositories of human knowledge, the museums, concert halls and theaters, houses of worship, religious artifacts, and spiritual/religious civilizations - all must be protected from loss, neglect and oblivion.

COMMERCIALIZATION OF CULTURE
In our time, culture has become an object of massive erosion due to commercialization. Translating cultural values into financial gains leads to the view the value of art, science, or religion is determined by how much money it makes. Therefore, cultural activities that do not generate profit become a subject to indifference and neglect. Copyright and marketing only deepen this crisis. Culture, its artifacts, and the whole of cultural heritage belong to all of humanity, not only to those individuals or groups who own them.

There is no greater value to a nation or even the whole planet than its culture"

*and so the monstrance thought was correct:

"Therefore the Philosophers have created a Phenix, and Salamander. For if it were done by the conception of two bodies, it would be a thing subject to death; but because it revives it self alone, the former body being destroyed, it riseth up another body incorruptible.
—Sandivogius, A New Light of Alchymie (trans. 1650)

[Maier] saw the perfection of it [the hermetic “work”] in the birth of the Philosophic Stone in the Sacred Nativity; its sublimation in the life and passion; dark and black in death; then in the resurrection and the life, the red and perfect colour. This comparison is found in the nativity, life, passion, death, and resurrection of Christ as commemorated in the Eucharist. Thus earthly things are the pictures of the heavenly, “Lapis itaque ut Homo.”
— J. B. Craven, Count Michael Maier: Life and Writings (1910)

By creating an anthropoid, the Jewish master is not only able to display his creative forces, but may attain the experience of the creative moment of God, who also has created man in a similar way to that found in the recipes used by the mystics and magicians. Paraphrasing a statement of Glanvill, we may describe the Golem practices as an attempt of man to know God by the art He uses in order to create man.
—Moshe Idel, The Golem (1990) (emphasis added)"

http://arcade.stanford.edu/journals/rof ... e-campbell

pascal

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Post anahata
What seems like a symbol fakely added to Roerich's Madonna looks like Anahata, the HEART Chakra :
I'm ashamed I did not recognize it immediately, while my previous post, written while Suzanne was sending the pic, referred to the topic Father Heart Mother, where I discussed the identity of YAM, the central letter of Anahata, and YAM, "sea" in Hebrew. I didn't mention there that yam is too in Hebrew WEST, because Mediterranea is west of Israel.
Thinking it again, I remembered a Jew orientates himself towards the East, the rising sun, which appears above on spatial representations, while North and South are left and right, then it probably has something to do with the word mizrach, EAST, above the lions, SoS and Decalogue, on the pic which was maybe a part of a greater document.

It's another thing to see the symbolic animal of Anahata is the deer. While zerach is a word for 'red', I noticed the first SoS crop circle appeared near Red Deer :
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7732#7732

I feel like giving some hints about Tamar's story, mother of Zerach and Perets (Gn 38).
She was first the wife of ER, Juda's first son, but ER was RE (bad) to YHWH's eyes, who made him dead.
This expression to YHWH's eyes appears too in Noah's story, NH, who found HN (grace) to YHWH's eyes, and YHWH saved him from the Flood.
Following levirate law, Er's brother Onan had to marry Tamar, but he liked better to masturbate than to give her a child, so YHWH made him dead too.
Juda was reluctant to give his third son to Tamar, so this one took the role of a qedesha, a holy whore, on Juda's way in a place called 'enayim, Two Sources, but the word means too EYES.
Juda went with the whore, and she beget the twins Zerach and Perets.
Qabbala insists on Tamar's name, written like tomer, palm tree, a dioic tree which is the vegetal equivalent of androgyny.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am
Profile WWW

Post sun and moon
Hi all,

the eyes of God are the sun and moon from what I can tell / have read. It's interesting that recently I have been inundated with the number 313. The 1 in the middle is 'us' and both 3's make up the 2 channels...therefore sun and moon 'swirling' around the 1... (spontaneous thought just now... I thought: gravity?)

Here's an example of that number making its present felt... Last night in searching this theme I had a webpage open, but also had a window open in the background of some files I am working on...

...1/11, 11:11, 313 are all in plain view. I noticed that at the moment that I thought of the monstrance in conjunction with the carving!

Also, ratios seem to have a part in this. I was curious to see what a 7 to 12 ratio would be from your previous post Rémi. So, I came up with 14:24. I wish I could remember how I thought of the number 224 from this but in doing a search of gematria on the number 224 here was the result. (bear in mind I have little working knowledge of gematria...) **just got it... 14:24 is 2:24 in 24hr clock 'speak'... :)

...we're expecting a bit of a storm here and I can see the power is flickering so I better post this before it gets lost...

pascal

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Post muster point
...decided to look up 'place of muster' in ggle images and found this. It happens to be in edmonton, which is 144 kilometers from red deer...

...a bit 'freaky' for me on a personal level because I have a painting in that vicinity of EYES.

Will wonders ever cease? I hope not.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Post Same symbol change on Buddha's ajna one eye
Hi Pascal and Remi, I do not have time to comment, but will add this clarification. The basic painting was done of course by Nicholas Roerich who is of extreme synchronistic importance to me right now. I got pointed to his and his wife Helen's "channeling" work very dramatically and directly by my deceased One and Only, The website I came across the other night was using a number of various images from other sources but placing its own Seal of Solomon symbol on them. I saved only two of these I think. Here they are... a repeat first of the Roerich one... and then a Golden Buddha one.

Suzanne

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm
Profile Personal album

Post hei, what tha?
Hi,

today is turning into a magical kind of day. I sat down to do some work and I turned gnostic radio on from itunes.

When it started, it was at some point in a lecture on "the son of man and his chosen people"...

Right away I hear the lecturer talking about the 3 atoms / adams of the monad...the three primary forces of the divine mother coming from the throat...

144 km's eh? :)

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/twe ... phant.html

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Post Diamond-ieu!
Correction, and a made up word... :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30446985/Crow ... ee-of-Life was the initial link to the first image I clipped.

Apologies! There are a lot of ingredients.

pascal

ps: I realize this is illegible but I wanted to show the page numbers... for some 'odd' reason(ing).

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 am

Post Boibel-Loth
I had a look at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30446985/Crow ... ee-of-Life
I do not feel like trying to understand it better than my poor reading of English allows it, but it is full of strange echoes (syncs).
Of course there is the page 136 of the first image you clipped, Pascal, while it made me immediately think of JUNG+HAEMMERLI = ELIJAH+ENOCH (Hebrew) = 52+84 = 136.
Then on this page the two souls are identified to letters Bet(h) and Lamed (in an archaic form I didn't recognize). These letters BL form the words BL (Bel Babylonian god), BBL (Babel), LB and LBB (two forms for 'heart'). The opposition between these two souls is compared to the struggle between Perets and Zerach to come out first from Tamar's womb, related by Qabbala to Moon and Sun.
I suppose your title DIAMOND-IEU is a French joke with Mon Dieu !, "my God", in which you can hear 'moon' and dieu-deus-deva is related to dies-day, 'daylight'. You can read too Mond (German moon) and 'ieu' = yeux, French for 'eyes'.
By the way I have to apologize to have related zerach to 'red': I had a strong feeling it meant 'red glow', but it just means 'shine' without any red correlation, which appears only in this Tamar story where the midwife ties a red thread to the hand of the first seen baby, Zerach, but then Perets comes out first.
The Hebrew word for 'red thread', SNY (shani), looks meaningful as it reads too shene, 'second'.

In The White Goddess, ie levana 'white' moon, Robert Graves imagines a Celtic tree alphabet beginning with B-L (Boibel-Loth).

The book identifies too tiferet (sun) to anahata, Heart chakra.

Funny too the full title of the book, Crown-Diamond-of-the-Believers-Tree-of-Life.
Darren Aronofsky shot the first movie in exact Golden Ratio, Pi (1998), and there are many strange things in this movies, mistakes that cannot be just mistakes but in which I couldn't see any meaning.
So the main character Max Cohen (to be understood kohen gadol, 'high Priest') meets the 'hassid Lenny, who teaches him gematria, and gives him the numbers of
'ets ha'hayim (said to be 'Tree of Knowledge') = 233
Qedem (supposed to be a word for Eden) = 144 (kms from Red Deer !)
and Max recognizes there Fibonacci numbers in Golden Ratio, but 'ets ha'hayim is Tree-of-Life, and qedem means 'East', as mizrach coming from zerach, 'shine'.
The Bible just says the Garden of Eden was in the East (qedem).

Helen, Roerich's wife, reminds me of Simon the Magus (Jung mentions him at times) who took for wife a whore named Helen (from Helios, 'sun') and gave her the new name Selene (moon), echoing to Tamar's story.

14-24 rings many bells, mainly in my Bach numerologic research (Bach = 14 gave himself number 24 in his Family Tree).
In the first book of WTC, pairs Prelude-Fugue in all 24 keys, only two pairs are in Golden Ratio, 14-24, and the German names of these keys are fis-h, the FISH (see Jung's AION).
Thinking now about this makes me remember the 24 pairs have for total number of bars 2088 = 24x87. I once related this to the fact 3 pairs have 53 bars, and I came to Perets-Zerach because of the pair sun-moon, 'hama-levana = 53-87.
This research is probably illegible for 99.99%, yet it's so important to me I tried to give some of it in English :
http://remi.schulz.perso.neuf.fr/bach/sixteen.htm

PS I recalled I wanted to say about FISH that this topic is number 153 of The coniuctio. 153 became a symbolic number after the 153 fishes of John's, and the most striking Bach's Golden Ratio is probably in St John's Passion opening choir, which has 153 bars and an unusual silence just at the golden point (after the first note of bar 95).
This topic is too 1113 of UM, and besides the 53 bars of keys 9-16-23 there are 159 bars (53x3) for key 3, 1-1-1-3.
About your 313, keys 1-2 give 131 bars, and keys 3-4 313 (complete table on my page).

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 am
Profile WWW

Post 313 SoS
Trying to find topics that have disappeared after Jan's departure made me find there was this topic 313
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=258
it was started by Michael who started too the 11:11 phenomenon...

PS after posting I find this is my 131th post, while I talked in previous post about the 131-313 pattern in first 4 pairs of WTC.

A testimony before I write a 132th post :

Last edited by rémi on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

Post daimon-dieu
Hi Rémi & all,

you're correct that it was a bit of a french joke...but I realized too that it made 'daimon-dieu'.

"The words daemon and daimon are Latinized spellings of the Greek δαίμων (daimôn), a reference to the daemons of Ancient Greek religion and mythology, Hellenistic religion and philosophy.[1] Daemons are good or benevolent "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" (see Plato's Symposium), and differ from the Judeo-Christian usage of demon, a malignant spirit that can seduce, afflict, or possess humans.[2]
In Hesiod's Theogony, Phaëton becomes a daimon, de-materialized,[3] but the ills of mankind released by Pandora are death-dealing keres not daimones. Hesiod relates how the men of the Golden Age were transmuted into daimones by the will of Zeus, to serve as ineffable guardians of mortals, whom they might serve by their benevolence.[4] In similar ways, the daimon of a venerated hero or a founder figure, located in one place by the construction of a shrine rather than left unburied to wander, would confer good fortune and protection on those who stopped to offer respect. Daemones were not considered evil.
The daemon as a lesser spiritual being of dangerous, even evil character, an invisible numinous presence, was developed by Plato and his pupil Xenocrates,[5] and absorbed in Christian patristic writings along with other Neo-Platonic elements.
In the Old Testament, evil spirits appear in the book of Judges and Kings. In the Greek translation of the Septuagint, made for the Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, the Greek Άγγελος angelos translates mal'ak, while daimon (or neuter daimonion) carries the meaning of a natural spirit that is less than divine and translates Hebrew words for idols, alien gods of the Hebrews' neighbors, some hostile natural creatures, and natural evils.[6] The usage of daimon in the New Testament's original Greek text, caused the Greek word to be applied to the Judeo-Christian concept of an evil spirit by the early 2nd century AD."

...and

"The North African Apuleius summed up the character of daemones in On The God of Socrates (2nd century AD):
"For, to encompass them by a definition, dæmones are living beings in kind, rational creatures in mind, susceptible to emotion in spirit, in body composed of the ær, everlasting in time. Of these five points I have listed, the first three are shared with us, the fourth is their own, the last they have in common with the immortal gods; but they differ from them in their capacity to suffer"
The Hellenic and Roman gods were increasingly seen as immovable, untouched by human sorrows and suffering, existing in a perfect heavenly sphere (compare Epicurus, Lucretius). The dæmones were earthbound, passion-tormented, and in Late Antiquity, loremasters were separating them into the noble kinds and troublemaking kinds. The gnostic followers of Valentinus multiplied the circles of dæmons and gave them oversight in various areas of concern to people: oracles, animals, and, interestingly, as "patron dæmons" of nations or occupations: compare Principalities and Patron saint).
The lore of Hermes Trismegistus is a source both for pagan and Christian conceptions of dæmons, for in the Corpus Hermeticum, they functioned as the gatekeepers of the spheres through which souls passed on their way to the highest heaven, the Empyrean."

-------

Well, your work on Bach's work is impressive. I hope that in the next 20 years I can comprehend more! ;)

I grew up in a french speaking home, but since I graduated high school I don't 'use' it more than to speak with nieces and nephews. I have troubles writing it, I always have. The interesting thing is that I had difficulty knowing when to use the masculine and feminine in speech. "Mon Pere et Ma Mere"...ou "Ma Pere et Mon Mere"

In considering the androgyny of spirit perhaps I was not mistaken... though I was laughed at a lot about it. This caused me to turn silent, I still have this 'silence'.

At any rate, when I look at your work Rémi it looks like chemical formulae that Bach was producing. But the thing that 'struck' me the most was the number 12 and 24. Infinite creativity was a result of his fully activated dna?

Pure speculation!

pascal

*found this last night:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=BbWRaR4 ... &q&f=false

...found this just now :shock:

http://strangepaths.com/en/

Strange Paths indeed.

Last edited by pascal b on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Post mirrors - facets - MASTERS
Hi,

I was reading from this thread http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=8869#8869 and one of the images stood out... I see that 313 in here again. Also, the underlined portion that describes a perfect crystalline structure really caught my eye...

I found also a 'pascalb' in the strange paths website who (in french) talks about an interstellar arc. Fits well with the discussion that Bernie and Gregory had yesterday.

When I saw his name over to the mid-right of the page I was somewhat startled to say the least.

pascal

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Post bye, Pascal
And now Pascal chose the way out too, and the topics he opened disappeared from UM indexes (except from main index, when the last message is in the topic, and we had for a time the index showing this inexistent message in coniuctio with no author ; it will probably be replaced by mine).
I felt like having much to add to this topic, so much that it frightened me, and I was too lazy to come back to it. Maybe I'll do it if Roger finds a way to make the invisible topics come back to life, now I just added in my first answer to Pascal the document he gave when he opened the topic.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:34 am
Profile WWW

Post Mandalas and Meaningful Coincidences
rémi wrote:
And now Pascal chose the way out too, and the topics he opened disappeared from UM indexes (except from main index, when the last message is in the topic, and we had for a time the index showing this inexistent message in coniuctio with no author ; it will probably be replaced by mine).
I felt like having much to add to this topic, so much that it frightened me, and I was too lazy to come back to it. Maybe I'll do it if Roger finds a way to make the invisible topics come back to life, now I just added in my first answer to Pascal the document he gave when he opened the topic.

Hi Remi, Pascal did not choose to. Something haywire is going on. Also, how did the entire thread about how to access the Ann-Suzanne Blog get deleted? Patrick had found a way to access the most recent posts on the Blog, and I posted his explanation and a kind of chart in a new thread so that our regular as well as new readers would not be getting "that post no longer exists" when trying to view the most recent from the main Index page or the Healing with help from out of the UNUS MUNDUS category index page. It is discouraging to see this odd chaos going on at a time we could be having exchanges of ideas related to Remo's book becoming available soon.

I bought a mandala coloring book just a few days ago, but did not get the twist crayons (do not have to be sharpened) until today. I did the first one in the book maybe about 4 hours ago around 10 PM my time. I thought of the image you had posted above although I had not viewed it for maybe a couple of weeks or more. I chose the green for the leaf like figures because of your image. When I came back online, at 2 AM my time, there was a new post notice in my E-mail that said this:

Subject: Topic Reply Notification - zerach
Date: 7/7/2011 12:34:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

Good Timing - kind of a synchronicity

Remi Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 am
Post subject: anahata

What seems like a symbol fakely added to Roerich's Madonna looks like Anahata, the HEART Chakra :

Suzanne comments at 2:38 AM 7/7/11: The mandala below I colored this evening with the green "leaves" around its center. I do not know what all the colors mean. I did not try to follow any suggested ones, just did them on impulse... except for the green ones I did intentionally while thinking about your anahata post. Looks like at least some of our meaningful coincidences are "still working" at the Unus Mundus forum.

I keep wondering about how perhaps a trinty and a quaternity could be combined.
I do not understand any of the technicalities of these things.

Suzanne

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 am
Profile Personal album

Post missing link
Suzanne wrote:
Also, how did the entire thread about how to access the Ann-Suzanne Blog get deleted?

Yet it's still there.
Pascal probably opened this topic :
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1112

Suzanne, your last post in this thread Zerach, #1113, was number 13313 in all the messages.
These two numbers could combine trinity and quaternity :
111-3, I keep wondering about the fact that a proton is made of 3 quarks, while the electron seems just a whole
13_313, 1-3 might be the Jungian quaternity, while 3-1-3 stands for SoS.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:25 am
Profile WWW

Post ...bach in the saddle again
:) Merci Roger!

pascal

*Hi Rémi and Suzanne, I'm happy to continue the thoughts that are here in this thread.

Kind regards, as always.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Post Red Deer
Hello -

I felt very happy yesterday to see pascal "bach" again. And I re-read this thread. Then I went for a walk.
And later I remembered that earlier in the day I had gone to Amazon.com to order a used copy of "Black Elk Speaks" because I have been reading one from the library and wanted to have a copy I could keep. There were several editions and I made sure to order this earlier one with the beautiful cover. I cannot find an image with better resolution right now and could not find out who the painter is, so far. But I wanted to share it.

beth

Last edited by beth on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Heyoka
Hi Beth, thanks for your post!

I really like the idea that Black Elk 'hid' native spirituality in a Catholic frame. Some time ago I had posted on this blog about Heyoka...something of a sacred clown. Surely, I do not jest :)

From wiki:

During the Sun Dance, a Heyókȟa sacred clown may appear to tempt the dancers with water and food and to dance backwards around the circle in a show of respect. If a dancer looks into the mirrored eyes of the Heyókȟa, his or her dance is finished.

The Heyókȟa symbolize and portray many aspects of the sacred, the Wakȟáŋ. Their satire presents important questions by fooling around. They ask difficult questions, and say things others are too afraid to say. By reading between the lines, the audience is able to think about things not usually thought about, or to look at things in a different way.
Principally, the Heyókȟa functions both as a mirror and a teacher, using extreme behaviors to mirror others, thereby forcing them to examine their own doubts, fears, hatreds, and weaknesses. Heyókȟas also have the power to heal emotional pain; such power comes from the experience of shame—they sing of shameful events in their lives, beg for food, and live as clowns. They provoke laughter in distressing situations of despair and provoke fear and chaos when people feel complacent and overly secure, to keep them from taking themselves too seriously or believing they are more powerful than they are.
In addition, sacred clowns serve an important role in shaping tribal codes. Heyókȟa's don’t seem to care about taboos, rules, regulations, social norms, or boundaries. Paradoxically, however, it is by violating these norms and taboos that they help to define the accepted boundaries, rules, and societal guidelines for ethical and moral behavior. This is because they are the only ones who can ask "Why?" about sensitive topics and employ satire to question the specialists and carriers of sacred knowledge or those in positions of power and authority. In doing so, they demonstrate concretely the theories of balance and imbalance. Their role is to penetrate deception, turn over rocks, and create a deeper awareness.[citation needed]
For people who are as poor as us, who have lost everything, who had to endure so much death and sadness, laughter is a precious gift. When we were dying like flies from white man's disease, when we were driven into reservations, when the government rations did not arrive and we were starving, watching the pranks and capers of Heyókȟa were a blessing.
—John Fire Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions, p250

Wičháša Wakȟáŋ means Holy man, not "Medicine man" or "shaman" (a term of Siberian origin). This is an important distinction. A Lakota medicine man is called pȟežúta wičháša.

Thunder dreamer

It is believed among the Lakota that if you had a dream or vision of birds you were destined to be a medicine man,[citation needed] but if you had a vision of the Wakíŋyaŋ Thunderbird, it was your destiny to become a Heyókȟa, or sacred clown. Like the Thunderbird, the heyoka are both feared and held in reverence.[citation needed]
When a vision comes from the thunder beings of the West, it comes with terror like a thunder storm; but when the storm of vision has passed, the world is greener and happier; for wherever the truth of vision comes upon the world, it is like a rain. The world, you see, is happier after the terror of the storm... you have noticed that truth comes into this world with two faces. One is sad with suffering, and the other laughs; but it is the same face, laughing or weeping... as lightning illuminates the dark, for it is the power of lightning that heyokas have.
—Black Elk, quoted in Neihardt (1959), p160

The Heyoka are healers and have many functions, for example healing through laughter and awakening people to deeper meaning and concealed truth and to prepare the people for oncoming disaster with laughter.

-------

I didn't laugh so much when recent (Gulf / Christchurch / Japan) events happened, but I'm learning. Maybe I should do my own Sun Dance, hey?

kindest,
pascal

ps: Sounds a bit like Negredo

This then is the work of darkness and destruction, and can be the most painful and difficult stage of the work. But in many ways it is also the one which most closely resembles the manner in which western culture is accustomed to go about the quest for knowledge and understanding, for one of the greatest virtues needed for the successful completion of the negredo is scepticism.

The negredo of spiritual alchemy calls upon the alchemist to look inside himself and to question and challenge everything. In the darkness of the blackening nothing is sacred, and you must be merciless with yourself. Here is the demon Choronzon, the beast who guards the gates and your personal nemesis. Be it in a literal or metaphorical sense you must invoke him and face him.

**I say the Heyoka is the one who brings others to Choronzon.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Post Painting Credit
Many thanks for that Pascal.

The book I mentioned arrived today. The painting is by Frank Howell, titled "Elk Horn and Herbs". With the artist's name I was able to find a clearer picture of it. The site asked that it not be posted elsewhere, so here is the link if anyone wants to see it in more striking detail (and I'm removing the other).

Elk Horn and Herbs- Frank Howell

beth

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Re: zerach
Hi Beth,

many points to ponder in the painting.

- Frank Howell was described as "having the remarkable ability to make a person feel that, for a moment in time, they were the most important person in his life. Understand that painting is a wonderful kind of mirror that reflects the inner you, not your external appearance. You will have a sense of a kind of timelessness, a humanness the poetics in all things."

Of course, when you look at the properties of different animal antlers, you can see they were / are considered as connected to Aphrodite (like a "wonderful kind of mirror that reflects the inner you"...)

kind regards,
pascal

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Post Re: zerach
Much in the painting to ponder, I agree. And when I looked at it again this other image came back into my head from a magazine I read earlier this week. It feels like it fits in this conversation. The artist is Johnathan Zawada, the title is "Reach Out"

beth

Last edited by beth on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Reaching Out...
Beth,

When I saw your "reaching out" image I was immediately "invaded" with the following caption,

Death - The Ultimate Avatar Maker

Gregory

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Post ...biting the hand that feeds - or saying goodbye
Hi Beth, Gregory and all...

The first thing I saw in this image was that the middle finger is extended just enough to notice its presence. Seems to me like it could be giving a final salute to the world it is leaving... :wink:

The heart is a fulcrum...

pascal

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 am

Post More Antlers
..... :mrgreen:

I was watching "The Colbert Report" last night (American news satire show) and saw this:

It's from the new Harry Potter movie. I haven't read or seen any Harry Potter stuff, so I looked it up. The image is Harry's "Patronus Charm".

From the web:
"There are few spells more helpful to Harry Potter than “expecto patronum,” the charm that conjures a magical shield against against Dementors and other dark forces. Harry learns the spell from Professor Remus Lupin during his third year at Hogwarts and uses it to save himself and his godfather Sirius Black from Dementors in the Forbidden Forest. In “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” Harry teaches the spell to Dumbledore’s Army in the Room of Requirement, telling the students they need to focus on a happy memory to produce the charm."

And in the image search there were other Patronus charms/radioactive-looking (to me) animal spirits like this one:

beth

Last edited by beth on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm
Profile Personal album

Post More Patronuses
I liked these too -

beth

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 am
Profile Personal album

Post Middle Finger Of The Apocalypse-A ‘Gift’ That Keeps On Givn'
Gee Beth,

What happened to the 400 years of "giving it back" middle finger of Galileo?

Anyway - it would be nice to see it again as it and Pascal's middle finger salute remark inspired me to post the following...

Pukashima's Millenniums Of Giving Fuku (Lucky) Salute

Strange, but it is Galileian excess (One-sided Logos functioning) that has led humanity to the edge of the abyss we now begin to stare into.

Gregory

P.S. Interesting that you would post the glowing “spirit” of a stag. Perhaps you know that a stag is a symbol connected to the renewal of the Christian archetype.

Quote:
St. Hubert (d. 727), of Liege, patron of huntsmen. According to legend, his encounter with the stag while hunting on Good Friday converted him from his worldly life. Dream Seminar, p. 357.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:46 am

Post A Famous Finger From History

"The recent discovery of Galileo's middle finger, chopped rudely from his corpse in 1737 and presumed lost since 1905, raises a thorny question: What should be done with the historic digit? Some say rebury it; some say put it in a museum. But I think that if Galileo were alive today, he would want to give it to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) -- by flipping it to them in the form of the digitus impudicus. "

.... :mrgreen:

beth

p.s. Gregory I don't know about all that, I just think of him wistfully gazing out at the stars from his little prison tower window...

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm
Profile Personal album

Post F*%# You !!!
A snippet of this just happened to come on the radio ...... :mrgreen:

Cee Lo Green

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 pm
Profile Personal album

Post ...don't you dare
Beth,

please do not remove your last post. The link didn't quite work but I searched the name and found an awesome live version. I don't know...something about the lyrical honesty paints red all over our plastic world.

pascal

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next