UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 pm

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
 Bees 

Post Bees
I think that Albert Einstein said that there are two threats to modern civilization: nuclear warfare and bees. If bees disappear, the human race will be gone in four years he is said to have said (I read that on-line yesterday). This is perhaps the greatest environmental crisis we face today - the bees are disappearing from North America. It will destroy the food chain, as Einstein says. Some German scientists (read this on-line too) say the cause may be from genetically-modified crops. Here is an article from the very reliable Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC) on Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD). (The less reliable TV show "The X Files" claimed that bees had "alien DNA".) http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/insects/index.html

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post BOUNDARY EXPERIENCES
The following collection of incidents and reports have been shamelessly lifted from the Rigorous Intuition site where a similar thread occurred.
I post this to bring to light the buzzing bee-like auditory phenomena that often accompanies the physical manifestation of UFOs, so-called "religious" apparitions, and shamanistic experiences.
That the heads of entities associated with modern UFO close encounters and abduction cases often resemble wasps or mantids may be entirely... coincidental?

Marian apparitions

"We would follow the children and kneel in the middle of the field. Lucia would raise her hands and say, 'You bade me come here, what do you wish of me?' And then could be heard a buzzing that seemed to be that of a bee. I took care to discern whether it was the Lady speaking." - Fatima witness Maria Carreira, quoted in Heavenly Lights.

"I heard a sound, a din, such as a great fly makes inside an empty water pot." - Manuel Marto, Fatima witness and father of Jacinta and Francisco.

"Mr Manuel Marto explained to us that, during the entire duration of the appearance, those present heard an indefinable sound, like that which is heard next to a hive, but altogether more harmonious, even though words were not heard." - Italian priest Humberto Pasquale, investigator of the Fatima event.

"On July 13, I was at Cova da Iria. She [Lucia] knelt.... While Lucia was listening to a response, it seemed there was a buzzing sound like that of a cicada." - Fatima witness Antonio Baptista.

UFOs

Traveling slowly, the object reversed its course and with an undulating motion headed for the small cleared area amongst the trees where the sandpit was situated. The intensity of the noise disturbed David so much that his friends said he placed his hands over his ears and called out for it to stop. However, David does not recall doing this. The UFO began to settle down for a landing and the noise became a buzz, the children claimed. - From Three small boys witness UFO landing - Port Coquitlam, BC

Roland McMahon, a 10-year old boy, saw a silver colored UFO 15 ft in diameter, with a windowed cupola on top, hovering 10 ft over the farm area. "On its bottom there was a green triangular area, with a dark red area inside that they boy said resembled a human shaped profile." It made a buzzing noise like an electric motor. When Mrs. McMahon, who also saw the object, drove into the driveway, it flew away, kicking up dust with a wind. It was in view for about 15 minutes. From Humanoid Sighting Report, August 18, 1975

At about 2230 Dec 30 1972, Ventura Maceiras, an illiterate night watchman, was listening to the radio outside the wooden shack that is his home, when suddenly the transistor radio began to fail. Impact adjustment did not work, so he switched off. He noticed a humming "like angry bees." Looking up, he saw a bright light hovering over a nearby grove of eucalyptus trees. He could see an enormous object in the midst of the light, whose color changed from orange to purple. At the center of the object, he could see a round cabin with windows, and through the windows, two figures. - From Occupant Database

Two fishermen, Charles Hickson, age 45, and Calvin Parker, age 19, were near the banks of the Pascagoula River the evening of October 11, 1973, when they saw an oblong-shaped UFO. It emitted a brilliant blue light and made a sound similar to that of bees. An aperture appeared in the object and three beings exited the craft by floating in the air through the opening. The men were taken into the interior of the UFO by two semi-transparent beings, approximately four and a half feet tall, who emitted a faint buzzing, like that of bees. - From Heavenly Lights

In 1954 Mr. P. Petit and his employee, Mr. Tillier, with shop owner Mr. Pecquet, saw an oval object on the ground in Corrompu, France. When it took off the lights of a tractor went out. It measured about 4.5 meters (15 feet) in length and emitted a bright light similar to a welder's torch. It came back, turned, and flew off toward the southwest. It reportedly made the same noise as a swarm of bees. - Source, Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia.

Valdair Alcântara Maciel, who works as a security guard at the Pesqueiro do Rubinho, a fishing place, claim that he saw yesterday (may 26 1999), at 03:30 AM, a UFO in a area of the Itapeti Mountain, in Mogi das Cruzes, São Paulo's municipal district. To him the evidences are the marks left on the ground. It is a circle with approximately 2,4 meters diameter, with the marks of 4 "feet" and a smaller circle in the midle.... He say that the object had a red color and made a "buzz" noise. - From UFO lands in Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paolo

Report - Sept. 1950; Korea, Navy planes on mission approached by two large discs, radar jammed, radio transmitter blocked by buzzing noise each time new frequency tried. - From NICAP's EM case list

Fortean entities

One particularly memorable subject, who was up-front about what she had seen, was an older woman who said she had encountered Mothman in her backyard. Her property was close to the boundaries of the TNT area and, hearing a buzzing or humming sound coming from the back of her home, she went out to investigate.... Other witnesses...told of glowing red eyes and a buzzing or humming sound. - From Return to Point Pleasant

Angelica Barrigon Varela and co-worker Remedios Diez were on their way to work at a local factory along the wall that divided the railroad tracks and the street when they heard a loud buzzing sound coming from the area of the tracks. Looking in that direction they beheld a bizarre creature floating and balancing itself above the railroad tracks. It appeared to be wearing a monk-like smock or coat, dark green in color that emitted intermediate flashes of light under the light rain. The humanoid itself was dwarf-like with white pale features and stared at the witnesses fixedly. The face was oval shaped and the eyes were like two deep black holes. It appeared to lack any legs below the knees as the smock hung in mid-air. - From Humanoid Sighting Report, January 16, 1975

DMT trip

20—30 seconds : a buzzing starts in the ears, rising in tone and volume to an incredible intensity. Its like cellophane being ripped apart (or the fabric of the universe being torn asunder). Your body will vibrate in sympathy with this sound, and you will notice a sharp blood pressure rise. 30 seconds—1 minute : You break through into DMT hyperspace. - From Notes on the Visual Stages of a DMT Trip.

A powerful buzz on the same frequency as the light oscillation grew in my head. The more I inhaled the more profound and intense the buzzing became. Each gasp of vapor stoked up the effect until my head was swarming with noise and light. - From DMT: Not like any other experience.

Near Death Experience

"Finally I stopped moving through the tunnel and had a good chance to look at it. The tunnel looked like a large vent pipe used on clothes dryers. The light was not primarily inside the tunnel but from the outside shinning in. During the trip inside the tunnel I heard a loud buzzing sound which hurt my ears. I wondered what supported the tunnel. Now I began walking looking for the ending of this tunnel." - Account of a Near Death Experience.

Astral projection

"I was meditating (i’m so good at it now! I can actually keep a blank mind) and I heard the buzzing noise (bumble bee buzzing). And I was like 'oh my gosh i’m projecting right now??'... I will hear buzzing, my body felt as if it was rising, although I could feel my body on my bed." .... "The buzzing – I will feel electic vibes going across my body. It sounds like a bee, but it narrows to a mosquito buzzing sound. - Accounts of astral projection.

bee/mushroom shaman

..:Chris:..

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Post Re: Boundary Experiences
Quote:
Chris wrote:
"We would follow the children and kneel in the middle of the field. Lucia would raise her hands and say, 'You bade me come here, what do you wish of me?' And then could be heard a buzzing that seemed to be that of a bee. I took care to discern whether it was the Lady speaking." - Fatima witness Maria Carreira, quoted in Heavenly Lights.

How interesting. I had not heard this before about the Fatima phenomena and I thought I had read around on it pretty well - about 30 years ago now. I guess the senior moments are increasing.

In any event I looked around on the Internet Googleing on bee frequency because I was rather interested in how many Hz they like to "flap" those little wings at. I am not sure what to make out of it but it seems bees can produce a frequency range between 2-400 Hz! But I guess most of the time they are around the 200-400 Hz range. Another thing that caught my attention was that they change the frequency at which they "flap" depending on the type of flower they are at. It seems to be a way of communicating with the "tribe".

So, all this makes me wonder what the Fatima buzz frequency was as She was communicating with the "tribe".

Gregory

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Post Re: Boundary Experiences
Quote:
Gregory wrote:
"So, all this makes me wonder what the Fatima buzz frequency was as She was communicating with the "tribe".

The idea of the Queen Bee communicating with her hive at Fatima reminded me of the "dance" that bees perform which has been interpreted by entomolgists as a language of movements which impart the coordinates of a food source to the hive.

When the spinning disk (...a chakra?) which was thought to be the sun broke through the clouds and descended upon the crowd of thousands, it was noted that it swang like a falling leaf (a common behavior of disk-shaped UFOs in flight) and zig-zagged across the sky.

Back in 1966 when I was a wee lad living in the Chicago burbs, and I witnessed the winged-disk UFO over the city, I watched it hovering motionless in the sky for about 5 minutes; and when it suddenly began to move, it made a series of abrupt acute-angle direction changes before moving out over the nocturnal waters of Lake Michigan.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:00 am

Post Quantum Bees
I remember listening to this on the Radio and was quite impressed by her discovery:

Quote:
QUANTUM BEES

All Things Considered, December 5, 1997 · Robert talks to mathematician Barbara Shipman about her cross-disciplinary discovery. In mapping a six-dimensional figure onto two-dimensions, she recognized the pattern as that of the honeybee's ritual dance. To her, this implies that bees can sense the quantum world, since it is in that realm that six-dimensional geometry has real meaning. The bees use the dance to communicate to others in the hive the location and distance of a pollen source.

If you want to listen:NPR Archive

Ryan

-T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:46 am

Post Sorry, wrong number!
Here is a disturbing little piece on CELL PHONE TECHNOLOGY and it's possible effect on the bee's navigational system.

..:C:..

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:24 pm

Post great article
Thanks Christopher - this whole bee thing has a hauntingly subtle quality to it which this article brings out. Like - as I recall it - Barbara Tuchman's history of the 14th century - The Distant Mirror - she described how the Plague came to Europe: A ship floated into dock at harbor in Constantinople on the Black Sea. But everybody on the ship was dead. That was the first arrival of Plague in Europe.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

Post Dad trying to tell me something?
Hello to all,

I just experienced a synchronicity again and had to share and see if anyone can provide insight. I have been following this thread about bees and after reading the link about cell phones I was suddenly struck with the urge to look up if Nostradamus had anything to say about bees. I searched first for a searchable Nostradamus page. I clicked the very first result which took me to a list and from there I picked the first searchable result as well. The page didn't have an immediately observable "search the quatrains" links so i glanced at the menu and found SQL space. I was struck because a few nights ago I had another with my father, who in the dream/experience, was telling me that he would be sending me a message using SQL. I don't know anything about SQL except it did have to do with computers. I did a quick search that day and nothing really jived me. So this morning when I saw the link I couldn't help myself and I was astonished and full of goosebumps to read the very large headline at the top of the page read, "Cell Phones Killing Bees!" I don't know what to make of it yet but I wanted to post it now.

Another quick thing related to the bees. When I was young my grandfather had the wonderful habit of sitting outside in the shade. He would move his lawn chair around the house from morning to evening following the shade. I would sit at his feet and listen to his stories for hours. I was always amazed and a little scared at how he always had bees buzzing around him. He told me not to be afraid of the bees and that they never stung him. He said that the bees were not out to sting us that they were just busy doing their thing and if we let them be they would just work around us. He also said that if I was really frightened to just stick my tongue to the roof of my mouth, as though this was a sort of pact with the bees, that they wouldn't sting you. To this day when a bee is on me or very near me I immediately stick my tongue to the roof of my mouth. In the late 1990's about 10 years after my grandfather had passed away and his house demolished I had a series of dreams where the house was being rebuilt and in many of these dreams there were bees almost like they were involved in the work of rebuilding the house.

Maybe the bees are busy building a new world that awaits us.

Clarice

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:34 pm

Post Dancing on my finger
Nice, Clarice. When I was first going out with my wife I used to tell her that I could make bees dance on the end of my finger. Actually they were little "honey bees' in the South and are quite tame. But on the Jung Page a doctor in NC came on with a dream about a bee dancing on his finger - Anima. (Another point I had to go before a Vice President and another big shot to get fired from a job (two big shots). ON the way in to the fateful event I was sung by two bees. Ouch! So I took it in stride and went on to the next thing.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:52 pm
Profile WWW

Post magical humming
Hey Everyone, Great discussion (and sobering),

Has anyone else other than my sister and I ever experienced this entirely odd phenomenon? Sometimes just before actually falling asleep I suddenly hear a sortof 'sensurround' (coming from nowhere in particular) 'buzzing' or 'humming' sound, presumably in the room. This sound is exactly like that of bees, maybe also a mosquitoe-type noise, which happens seemingly just outside the ear, and it can even be quite loud. Several times when this has happened to me I've sat straight up and turned on the light because it's so omnipresent, but of course there's never anything there. It doesn't happen too often, but often enough -- I had it again just the other night. Sometimes waves of light behind the closed eyes seem to accompany or precede the phenomenon (the relation of light and sound vibrations being emphasized?).

Presumably this phenomenon has something to do with the science of 'sleep', perhaps with an entry into an altered state just before actually falling asleep. I guess bees are tuned in to and even facilitate alternate energy patterns (as mentionned above) and that the 'sound' they make actually has some kind resonance/similarity with entering into trance states. It was said that ancient priestesses who were consulted for oracular divination were sometimes known to have either emitted or somehow 'brought on' an audible buzz in the area where they sat suspended in trance state.

I'm sure there is much more on this peculiar experience written about in shamanic literature. Certainly the sound of the hive - that 'humming' -was considered sacred by the Celts (Druidic) and many other ancient tribes. Usually it signaled a movement into the concept of 'no-time', wherein the causal mentality was no longer relevant to the moment, the sound of humming being akin to a sort of 'lullaby' motif I guess (the sound has been likened to the feeling of 'being drunk' with sweet wine, etc., soothing and mood-altering, the sound that a person hears perhaps when the devas or fairies are nearby, etc.). When you put together the idea of the bees 'eternal hum' with their creation of ultimate 'sweetness' it is easy to see why the bee is such an icon for the great mystery traditions. Somehow I think of the bee sound as relating to what we have discussed in other threads, namely that idea of 'playing possum', or of 'feigning sleep' in situations that require a passive approach. The bee and the sound of the hive is thus a symbol for the Great Goddess par excellence, the acausal eros aspect perfectly represented by the 'white noise' of constant humming.

(I should maybe add that this thread appeared directly on the heels of a recent visit to our local botannical garden in NW Canda, where I had the joy of talking with the local beekeeper, a rare person to encounter at the best of times - he really always puts me in mind of the Green Man. We spoke of the threat to bees, the mystery of their disappearance and all. He was dressed in full regalia, with the smoke going, the bees were on him, all around him and in the air. He was looking for the queen - to 'mark' her so that they would be able to tell how long she lives, etc. The synchronicity of the appearance of this thread, and the repeat of my bee sound at bedtime seems very apt now. I had been thinking of keeping bees in my own garden again, in the hopes of perhaps somehow aiding them in their present plight, as of this winter --)

(ancient bee pendant, of Cretan origin I think)

Kristin

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:00 am

Post building blocks
Clarice, you said:

Quote:
Maybe the bees are busy building a new world that awaits us.

Yes, I think it is a perfect vision. Have they already migrated to the Beyond? The humming can be taken as the sound of the merkabah vehicle itself it seems...

The other night I saw an important new movie (on DVD) called "Children of Men". It's taken from the book by P.D. James and is a story of a future where all the women are infertile and the world is in final turmoil. It stars Clive Owens and Michael Caine, among others, and covers so much ground it is just impossible to touch upon here. I would recommend it to any and all, just beautiful and completely untouchable in its' intensity of message. The Black Madonna and the Green Man, it is all there.

Tomorrow is now, as they say...

blessed bees,
Kristin

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:13 am

I've heard that buzzing sound that you mention and accompanied by the waves of light but I had never associated it to bees humming I always thought about it like a vibration, but it all makes sense. This seems to relate to my experiences of darkness and recently I've felt it was time to really explain this experience at the forum because although I've mentioned here and there I never really said much about it. I will try to put something together it might just end up being a series of notes from my journals but I feel I must talk about it.

I also wanted to mention that my mother has experienced a loud noise like flapping bird wings almost every time someone close to her crossed over. Once I experienced this at home and called my mom who had felt it too. I know someone died then but strangely enough I can't remember who.

And this afternoon my daughter-in-law mentioned that she had experienced "the sweet smell" again. She told me about this a little while back but today we made the connection that perhaps it had something to do with the bees. Another interesting note, my cousin is busy with university and work and so for the last couple of years her nickname has become "busy-bee." Just about 2 weeks ago when I started working on a new project and my mom feeling like she hasn't seen me in a while she said that the family now had two busy-bees.

Clarice

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 am

Post Frequencies
Chris, All

Interesting speculation that cell phones may be responsible for bee depopulation. In terms of frequencies being used I can’t imagine why cell phones are being singled out as they are one of many players out there creating “noise”. Man made electromagnetic pollution is everywhere and from so many sources as you will see if you read the link above. If it is true about cell phones being responsible then it has something to do with the range of frequencies the FCC assigns to them – around 800-900 MHz or almost 1 GHz. An interesting possiblilty given certain communication requirements associated with I guess the idea of an unus mundus or Unitary world – The One World. That is in the area of the “heart” of the matter it seems to me.

But it is a fact that bees are in serious decline. If it continues Global Warming/Pollution will be solved along with a lot of other problems troubling planet Earth. See you on the other side.

Gregory

PS I see that in the UK the cell phone frequency is 1.8 GHz. Interesting difference to the USA. Not sure about the rest of Europe. That's why they have CDMA built into all cellphones in order to provide the multiple access to all these different frequencies.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:37 am
Founder

I am very busy with my creative work. Thus, for the moment I give here only one idea Eduard gave me some days ago:

Honey is the substance which we can keep (preserve?) for the longest time of all foodstuff. Thus it has to do with "long time," perhaps with "eternal time." [See the dilation of psychic (or perhaps psychophysical) time below]

The dance of bees fascinated me already the first time I heard about with perhaps 17 to 18 years in biology, thus in 1960 or 1961. As Carl Jung writes, bees do only have a rope-ladder nervous system (term?), which means that they do not have a brain. The nervous system corresponds to our vegetative nervous system. Further he writes that their information does principally not distinguish from an information exchange in the case of humans. This means that the bees are a symbol of the VNS and of the possibility of information exchange with its help. Of course it is the symbolism behind telepathy and precognition.

But is it even more? Wolfgang Pauli was haunted by dreams about oscillation, black and yellow stripes of wasps (he even suffered a very severe wasp phobia up until his death). Behind all this is the motif of the oscillation, and like this also of the sound (and of all phenomena which have to do with frequencies, oscillation; perhaps the mobile frequencies?). His dreams show that he would have had the challenge to transform the frequency, the oscillation into rotation.

Actually, also the dance of the bees is some sort of a transformation of frequencies into a rotation. When they come back into the hive they waggle while walking in a straight line (this is why this dance is called the waggle dance) with different frequencies. The direction of this line shows the direction of the feeding ground that they have found. The frequency of their dance shows on the other hand the distance. At the end of this straight line they turn around in a semi cercle and begin at the beginning. Next time at the end of the straight line they turn to the other side and return in the other half circle. Thus, they create a circle with the straight line of the wag dance as a diagonal.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waggle_dance

[Funny, that in this article they talk also of operations research. A team found a new algorithm, which they call the "BeeHive," a new routing algorithm. O.R. was my profession before in 1972/73 I experienced my big crisis.]

Here we have the motifs of the frequencies, oscillation (sound) and the transformation into the circle. Together with it there is the motif of distance. But how do bees measure these distances? They do not have a meter with them. Thus they must have some sort of a "distance instinct." Every frequency is a specific "unity distance." We can imagine this as a unit of measurement which is variable. Thus, frequency X belongs to a specific unit of measurement, frequency Y to another one, and so on.

What I'd like to stress here is the fact that the unity of measurement, be it of space, be it of time, is not just what we think it is, an exactly defined unit. We can interpret Einstein's Special Relativity Theory in the way that when we (psychicly or psychophysically; in the state of the Eros ego) approach the velocity of light, time as well as space dilate. This we can look at as if the unit of measurement dilates. In the extreme case, in the case, in which we have reached the (psychophysical) velocity of light (in a specific psychic state; altered consciousness; Eros consciousness), the unit of measurement of time is infinite, which means that a human in this state has reached Carl Jung's "point A," which is also the whole universe, and time has become eternal. Thus, such a human is identical with the unus mundus. In this state they are able to observe the "singular acausal quantum leaps" happening as self-fertilization phenomena of the world soul (Bernie: Not of the anima!) in the unus mundus [Remember also what I call the "turd creation" of Sabina Spielrein, Carl Jung's lover of 1908/09; see http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... _e.htm#593 and http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... _e.htm#595 ]. Such phenomena seem to be symbolized by the transformation of the oscillation into the rotation. They seem further have to do with a material incarnation (not "only" with telepathy and precognition, ie synchronicity), which seems in the unconscious case to show with the help of psychokinetic phenomena (IMO UFO's are such phenomena).

Thus, back to the bees and their sound. I guess that if one experiences such sounds, one should know that one is very close to the "entrance" into the unus mundus and look very carefully if such spontaneous quantum leaps happen.

Some days ago I laid on my bed and fell in such a state of the "abaissement du niveau mental." My "altered ego" suddenly liked to close the open door. (I did not do anything). But the door was thrown back with an incredible force. It almost hit my head, but in a reflex I was able to stop it with my hands. Then I wondered what could have thrown back the door (into its open state) with such an incredible energy. I concentrated on the region of the door, and what did I see? A very small "ET" -- they are not extraterrestrials, since the phenomenon is the above: the unit of measurement of space and time is dilated, and like this the whole universe can be concentrated in one point. Thus the so-called "ET" come out of this dimension behind spacetime, the [sixfold! honeycomb! *) ] quantum physically small unus mundus, which is at the same time the whole universe. Thus the so-called "ETs" do not need crazy propulsion systems as in science fiction -- a, very small "ET," alien walked in, a very nice one, and he/she waddled like a duck. [Ducks belong to the Baba Yaga, the Russian (positive) witch, since her little house is built upon duck feet.]

Then I knew that -- at least in my personal case -- the "ETs," the aliens come back. But it seems that there is still some resistance of my Eros ego, which does not like too much to "dilate" the unit of measurement of space and time. I guess I just have to be a little patient.

Remo

PS: I moved the thread to "Coniunctio."

*) In string or superstring theory, the theory which tries to unify Einstein's relativity theory with quantum physics, besides the four-dimensional space-time there are six further dimensions behind it. They are quantumphysically small. Together we have 10 dimensions, and I am pretty sure that like this superstring theory is a modern projection of the so-called denarius of the Rosarium philosophorum: The king/queen = coniunctio in the unus mundus out of which the above singular quantum leaps happen, and the 3+1 snakes as spacetime. Hand means "handle," thus the sixfold or double-triadic unus mundus handles space time, ie is its master. Like this the unus mundus (or its queen, the world soul) can also dilate the unit of measurement; see above. [This is exactly what happens to all humans who experience an UFO encounter, "ETs" and especially UFO abduction.]

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Founder

From Bernie's article http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/insects/index.html :

Quote:
Kevan was referring to the practices of migratory beekeepers, who transport hundreds of thousands of beehives across the continent on flatbed trucks to pollinate crops in different states, which causes enormous stress on the bees. Some beekeepers in the U.S. have reported hive losses of up to 90 per cent of the bees

How crazy and instinctless they have become ... But also the humans move around like neurotic insects. No one is rooted anymore. Everyone always a "roady." No calm anymore. This is perhaps why in my early childhood I was imprisoned in a cast for almost 3 years. Only like this I was able to find my research results as a compensation to all this.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Founder

One of my first analysands some decades ago suffered what her friend called the "wasp state:" She was completely "out of herself," "besides her shoes" (we say in German). She had to find back to the vegetative nervous system -- back to the bee she was.

Today, almost everyone is in such a neurotic "wasp state." Our gathering together is perhaps the compensation to all this.

No, not perhaps. It is surely like this. Let's go on and hope that it helps to "save the world."

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:58 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
Has anyone else other than my sister and I ever experienced this entirely odd phenomenon? Sometimes just before actually falling asleep I suddenly hear a sortof 'sensurround' (coming from nowhere in particular) 'buzzing' or 'humming' sound, presumably in the room. This sound is exactly like that of bees, maybe also a mosquitoe-type noise, which happens seemingly just outside the ear, and it can even be quite loud. Several times when this has happened to me I've sat straight up and turned on the light because it's so omnipresent, but of course there's never anything there. It doesn't happen too often, but often enough -- I had it again just the other night. Sometimes waves of light behind the closed eyes seem to accompany or precede the phenomenon (the relation of light and sound vibrations being emphasized?).

I've often had this sensation, though sometimes it actually has been a mosquito! My wife thinks I've developed some unique gift, since my eyesight has become more keen as well! :D But since this began, it is as if sounds from my environment have become magnified or appear to be coming from where they are not. It is a very strange event. Sometimes, when I think I hear this mosquito, it is really some sound coming from a very great distance that some how sounds like it is right next to my ear, typically my left ear. Other times, it is exactly as you describe it.

The other day I read in a bizarre advertisement: Vibration is Life.

Ryan

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:31 am

Post Bee humming and bear karma
Kristen - I have never experienced the humming before sleep. Perhaps you and your sister share a dual nature. My wife and her sister do. This shared consciousnees perhaps gives fuller perception and people with it experience things individuals can't. Like the goddess with two faces or two natures, but one complements the other to a fuller picture. I think you can see this in the Bronte sisters Charlotte and Emily; their novels Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights give the perfect expression of the dual faces, dark and light (they have a third sister as well and a "divine child" little brother who they "worshiped" forming a Yin Quarternity). When I am with my wife and her sister I find it astonishing. (Surely, bees are one of your totem animals.)

Incidently, bees and bears seem to be psychological symbiots. We can't keep bees in New Hampshire because bears keep coming into the yard and eating the hives. They even dig up my garden to get the bees underground hives. Where you are in north BC also has way big bear karma (and way big bears - maybe that's why the Tibetan Buddhists seem to be settling up there). I'm trying to recall the first page of Andre Malraux's book "Anti-Memoirs" in which he cites Jung's visit to an Indian shaman in the American Southwest and the Indian asks him what his totem animal is. Someone in the Jung party said they don't have totem animals. The shaman watched them climb a latter/stairs to a Pueblo house and noticed that they climb facing forward, like a bear. Then he saw "Berne" on one of the jackets and said, "bear is your totem animal." I couldn't help but notice in the nice pictures of the forum participants that some of the males from the Alps region looked like bears. This is the coat of arms of Berne, capital of Switzerland.
ImageImage

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post bee hive/Hagia Sophia
I just pulled this picture of the bear and bee hives off line Googleing "images." I have no idea where it came from; I thought it was from a newspaper cartoon. But when I just looked at my posting, I noticed in the upper left corner the bee hive is a symbol of the Hagia Sophia, the oldest Orthodox church in Eastern Europe and one I am fascinated with as it has "dual face" Christian and Islam, spending 900 years as an Islamic mosque and 800 years prior as an Orthodox church. Queen bee = Hagia Sophia (Hagia Sophia - Aya Sophia - Holy "Mother" Wisdom). Prior to its run as Islam/Greek/Orthodox holy place it was a Pagan site. I'd never noticed how much it resembes a bee hive.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post bees in the air
More than 10 days ago I bought an expensive linen canvas because I wanted to do a painting of the Lion carcass that gets colonized by bees in Judges 14 v14. Jung refers to "and the Eater shall bring forth meat and the strong shall bring forth sweetness" with reference to man (alchemist) being the Redeemer rather than the redeemed.

I've done the preliminary sketches but put it to one side as it's a very difficult thing to paint, and I've been caught up in the commercial world, trying to get my images on the net.

Guess I'll have to get back to it.

p.s. French bees are under attack from chinese hornets, probably imported in clay pots.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Post ruminations...
Interesting post above, thanks Bernie. For sure, Bees and Bears, those two totems of the Great Mother ("BERNE" = Bernie, also a Bear person!?).

You guessed right about the 'dual nature' of my sister and I -- she has always, since very small, associated with Bears in a big way, actually feels the Bear as a personal totem - IS the Bear, really (we were in Berne when we were very young - Lisa was maybe all of 5 years old, and the Bear logo on the flag was a favourite). We are of course both big Bee fans, but I guess I really championned, 'became', the Bee. Needless to say, we carry similar potencies of being. Potential revelations arise every day between us it seems. So interesting about your wife and her sister and also how you feel around them when they are together. It's that 'priestess' relational aspect I guess, the 'devadasi' energy (the shared consciousness of the hive). In our case, we also share a strong association in tandem with our mum, forming a relational triad. One interesting thing, I've observed that due to our relationship, anytime my sister and I meet with one other female friend, the vibration level often goes through the roof (or, conversely, in better (natural) settings, roots like crazy deeper into the earth). It's interesting that in order to differentiate our energies we sometimes have to appear separately -- when we are out together we sometimes cannot get our own personal message out, our own needs of the moment met -- we are instantly taken as a whole or 'unit'. (you hit the nail on the head btw: we identified and related entirely with the Bronte sisters from way back, sometimes a good thing, sometimes not, but always interesting!)

At any rate, I guess here we all are wondering together what to do about the Bee? How can we help, if at all? Gregory' message above is sobering. If we manage to up our own vibration levels, to radiate the 'anti-bomb' frequencies, that is probably the best, the only (?) way now - the 'way' we discuss so frequently here on the forum.

Sophia is the Queen Bee indeed. Really love the picture of the Hagia Sophia, thanks Bernie, what an amazing insight you had there. Also, as Remo mentions above, each honeycomb cell is sixfold - the Seal of Solomon or the 'merkabah' is truly rooted within the life of the bee, who 'has no brain'... Clarice and Ryan, so great that you have also had that weird sensation of 'humming/buzzing' sounds at night. Any more insights on this? The whole question of the bee seems constellated suddenly with Jess's 'red crystal', to my way of thinking - Scott -- your painting project seems directly connected...?

One more thing: above, where Remo points out the terrrible truth that bees have been moved around all over the country by 'nomadic beekeepers' -- these are not the true beekeepers, but men posing as keepers who are not actually Stewards of Nature like the Green Man, consort of the Goddess, at all, but merely sad, unconscious slave-owners, holding the bees in thrall. What a legacy of terror we have imposed on the natural world, it almost overwhelms me at times. It feels so much like the story of the Africans brought to America as slaves, what a legacy....

Kristin

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:42 pm

Post Bear and Coyote
Kristin - My animals are bear and coyote. When my babies were being born we did a lot of Indian things with them and used the Medicine Cards which is a kind of Jung Personality Types put to Native American totem animals. I was much a coyote trickster back then and my bear was in negative (you can't be a wise trickster). When we moved back north we had a lot of bears around and I felt it flipped; my coyote nature is subdued (I am 60 now) and bear maybe ascending.

I've always thougth this picture by Salvador Dali, "Untitled St. John" (1964) was one of his most important. Till now I was always curious about the hive John is coming out of. 1964 was a critical year for the original group of Surrealists - who shared their own spirit among themselves and not with anyone else - Magritte had it the year of the of the Son of Man as per the Book of Daniel.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post Bees and Ladybugs
Hello to all,

I knew I had something else about bees but it just dawned on me last night. Sometime maybe in 1998/99 my youngest son always wanted to use the back door because he insisted each time he used the front door he would get stung by bees. We did have a beehive under the front steps but they had never bothered anyone before. I don't know if they actually stung him, I never saw any marks, but he was afraid and so it was no problem to use the back door. Then the most amazing thing happened. We lived in a duplex on the left side of the building and suddenly we were overcome by ladybugs. Our half of the building was covered in ladybugs and many also came in the house. As a girl I had learned the little ditty, "ladybug, ladybug fly away..." and I also thought it was a sign of luck. Because we had so many I did a bit of research back then and found out that they were considered a sign from the Virgin Mary and so I felt blessed.

Just now I did a bit of research again and found that the ladybugs we had were the septumpunctata type, they have 7 spots. I also discovered that the ladybug population is also declining and they are also pollinators.

Clarice

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Post Vertical Hexagon
In a dream this morning, a Turkish Teacher I have dreamt of before said that this:

Is the symbol of Introverstion.

Ryan

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:28 am

Post Turkish Teacher
Ryan - "Turkish Teacher" could be a figure of Self or guide from the Unconscious. Mine is yellow Buddhist monk. As Jung pointed out and as a Taoist tale has it, perhaps the Turkish Teacher is dreaming of you.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

It did cross my mind in the sense of dual dreaming. She was an actual teacher of mine and I believe she is still alive. And since she is a she, I don't see her in the same light as the Jung dreaming of his Self Meditating himself. But perhaps she carries some aspect of the Wise Woman/Anima Mundi for me.

Ryan

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:08 am
Founder

As Carl Jung mentions in his synchronicity article, bees do not have a brain but a nervous system which is similar to our VNS. With the help of the VNS we are connected to the Beyond. Thus, could it be that the trouble of the bees has something to do with some trouble in the Beyond?

I remember that once a member of this forum had a vision in which he was told that humans disturb the Beyond. I do not exactly know anymore with the help of which means this was the case. I can however imagine that we disturb the Beyond with the help of the artificial fission of the atom, since - at least in my hypothesis - radioactivity produces the other aspect of energy, the matter-psyche, and the matter-psyche belongs to the Beyond.

Thus, as in the case of UFOs, we should have a look if there are more bees dying in the environment of nuclear plants and nuclear weapons. Chris, do you know something about all this or can you compare the places of the bee deaths with these places. Could there be any correlation?

The disturbance could be created as follows: In the fission we produce matter-psyche with potentially increased negentropy. This creates a potential in the unus mundus. This potential of increased negentropy disturbs the "people of the Beyond," the deceased. We could imagine this disturbance as some sort of an energetic field which they do not like, which their "subtle bodies" cannot cope with.

If such a "field" is created in the unus mundus, also the bees (and the VNS of humans) could be disturbed. This could then be the reason that their navigation system is disturbed. For example, they could suddenly misinterpret the distances, which they get from the waggle dance, and like this do not find the flowers anymore. Or they do not realize anymore where their hive is. This could be the reason why whole swarms fly away.

Just an idea.

Remo

PS: If the above speculation is right, there could also be a solution, a way out: People enter consciously the unus mundus (in BCI). Like this they observe consciously what I call the inner singular quantum leaps (the images of the BCI), the constructive complement to the destructive quantum leaps of the artificial fission. Like this they realize the only potentially increased negentropy in the Beyond in "our world". The realization in "our world," the incarnation process with the help of BCI, orders then also the Beyond (symmetry principle). Like this also the bees could get back their navigation ability rooting in the Beyond, unus mundus.

Always when I write about these processes, I get a deep anticipation that such a procedure could be the last chance for mankind. The "tikkun" of Isaak Luria.

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 am
Profile WWW

Post Anima teacher
Your anima figure like this might be considered as having a continued conversation with you as in the Wedding dream. I have some more thoughts here on bees as per Remo's very interesting comments. New Hampshire is suddenly almost in a panic having discovered the bees are disappearing as per this morning's newspaper. But I have to get my kids off to school first.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 am
Profile WWW

Post Trouble in the Beyond
Headlines in my local paper in the mountains of New Hampshire this morning read: "Honeybees Are Disappearing in N.H. and No One Knows Why." The article cites several bee keepers who say their bees are missing.

Features of the article:

- The colonies of one honey farm have 40 % fewer bees than before the winter. Another says she has lost half her bees every year for four years.

- Cause could be illness-causing pathogen, chemical contamination, parasites, malnutrition, erratic weather, stress from transportation or genetic weaknesses due to breeding. Another possibility is "colony collapse disorder" which has shown up in Canada, Europe and 25 other states.

- In colonies affected by the disorder there are no dead bodies to explain the loss of bees - they simply disappear - and the remianing ones show mysterious symptoms.

- "The entire beekeeping industry is at stake," said one of the honey farmers.

(Personal note: I have not seen any bees on my land this year because the bears ate them all last year.)

Other possibiliteis: Bees have alien DNA (this theory from the TV show "The X Files" - their point was that bees carry elements from the Unconscious).

Another possibility: Science mass hysteria. Thomas Kuhn ("The Sturcture of Scientific Revolutions") points out that science goes through the same passages as religion ("Science is their religion," says The Cigarette-Smoking Man in The X Files - Kuhn and Mack were grammar school classmates and life-long friends).

Remo's comments on Jung's thougth RE bees not having a brain and connecting to the Unconscious by VNS is suggested in this picture by Salvador Dali which refers to bees. The title of this picture is: "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate One Second Before Awakening." As the title suggests, a bee brought this dream from the Pomegranate; from the Unconscious - to the Conscious. Pomegranate/Apple represents the Circle of Psyche in Magritte/Dali work. I think it is a particularly good symbol - particularly the pomegranate - because it alwys gives the impression of being ripe and over-ripe.

Here are suggestions and implications of some of the elements in this picture as they can be seen to be expressed in pictures throughout Dali's career. His life is like one big dream, or a mythical journey which uses the same symbols throughout his life in art. Note: The original Surrealist grouping were educated in Freud and Jung. Freud was the most popular in the day and later and the Surrealists often refer to Freud. However, the Jung influence seems more pornounced in Dali. He clearly read Jung extensively, so when he names an "Old Swiss" sitting at a piano, it can be a direct reference to Jung. So as some of the images in his pictures come from the Unconscious, others are hidden narratives. So it is hard to tell what came from Dali's own Artist's Unconscious or what was influenced by Jung and Pauli so these should be looked at as parrallel events. For example, Dali's shattered heads and unwinding heads appear at the period Jung and Pauli were writing about the atom bomb "atomizing" human consciousness, simply illustrating the concept. He "illustrates" other ideas as well - like in trying to find his way back to the church perhaps as his covertly Catholic paintings have a distinctly Conscious quality, compared to these others.

The picture at the bottom, "Dream caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate One Second Before Awakening" is a picture of Anima "Awakened" by a bee sting (rifle with bayonet). The bee which has morphed its stripes into a tiger with "dual nature" (Two Tigers: one walks in the Unconscious, one walks in the Conscious - the one tiger emerges from the mouth of another which emerges from the mouth of a Fish, which emerges from the Pomegranate). The Fish (like the Piscean [Fisher King]) brings things from the Unconsiocus; from the Psyche.

These two pictures show Apple [Pomegranate] as symbol of the Psyche in another Dali work. The first is Dali's original. The second photo has been photoshopped by my son #2 to show the 'hidden" composition.

"Hidden" in the composition is the Host and Chalice; the Host - symbol of the Christ and the Circle of the Psyche - represented by Apple.

The Elephant always represents some sacred tower carried from the Unconscious to the Conscious. In the famous painting "The Temptation of St. Anthony" - "Rome" the center of Christendom; it is Self carrying the Sacred Center from one place to another - being carried on elephant backs to a new place for a "new age." In the background an elephant carries an ancient tower - a "sacred earth phalus" - this Elephant walks around in a lot of Dali paintings bringing things from Unconscious to Conscious - sometimes guarded by a Knight (in full armor with spear until the "tower" emerges to building with clock [like Big Ben] in "real time", then the "knight" having come from the Unconscious to the Conscious, is naked). Here are Dali elephants in a classic mythical construction of a "gateway to the Unconscious" - much like the Lions "gatekeepers" in Chinese Taoist art.

But what is interesting here is that the "sacred phalus" on the elephant's back looks like a melting iceberg (but at another time will be a crystal).

Likewise, Anima, about to be stung by the bee and Awakened seems to be adrift on a melting iceberg. This picture was painted in 1944. This dream is perhaps prophecy.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post Abandoning the Queen
What I find interesting in this discussion on Congressional hearings taking place on colony collapse is that the bees are Abandoning the Queen.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/23/42210/9088

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:24 pm
Profile WWW

I had two "bee" experiences at the end of last week and thought they might be helpful. On April 19 I went to check the mail and there was none but as soon as I closed the mailbox a bee appeared near my hand. Instinctively I did a circular movement with my hand and the bee stayed away. On April 20 (it was my birthday) my cousin and I went to a nearby coffee shop to pick up some iced drinks. We had just crossed the street and as I attempted to climb the sidewalk my feet slipped and I fell flat on my back with all the ice drinks landing on me. After laughing and making sure I was all right my cousin helped me stand up and we picked up the plastic cups from the sidewalk to bring to the garbage. Suddenly a bee began dancing around my arm. This time I panicked a little because of all the sweet stuff on my arm I was worried the bee would sting me but again instinctively I made a circular movement with my hand and the bee left me alone. What I found interesting in both cases is that the bees were like the ones shown in the news about the disappearing bees and not the typical bumble bee variety I've usually seen in our area.

Clarice

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:29 pm

I've seen lots of bees this year, so I don't see any decline here but we don't have cellphone coverage. I can't comment on whether the two are connected. Here in England the cellphone waves have been blamed for the rapidly declining sparrow population. It's hard to know what is simply the latest media panic story. It is increasingly difficult to believe anything (written).

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 am

Post The Writing Over The Door
Hey Remo & all....

Here in Minnesota, we have two nuclear power plants fairly close to the Twin Cities area and I have not been made aware of any information correlating their presence with the sudden vanishing of the bees in such an obvious manner as say, attracting what we call UFOs (like flowers attracting bees?).

Bees have such an intimate relationship with the vegetable world, truly erotic carriers of the pollen that fertilizes the delightful plants, and that they "see" into the ultraviolet range of the spectrum ... I am reminded of the abduction case of António Villas Boas which occurred in Brazil during October of 1957 in which he was taken by force into a landed UFO and had sex with a female entity for the purpose of impregnating her and left him with lingering radiation sickness.
I also recall another incident which I believe also occurred in rural Latin America in which huminoid entities from landed UFOs either stole or asked for several bags of plant fertilzer.

Are there changes in the radiation output from the sun... an increase or decrease in UV radiation which may be heralding things to come... the run-up to 2012 when solar storms are precicted to be at their most intense and destructive??

Are the bees being called "home" in preperation or anticipation of something?

Why do some UFO entities look human while others look insectoid?

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 pm

It's interesting but I mentioned the bee phenomenon to my wife (she is a botanist) and she hadn't heard of it. I mentioned it to another botanist and she had heard 'something'. My wife mentioned it to another and he said, that it must just be happening in North America and it has become a big deal because 'they' think they are the center of the world. He said that he hasn't noticed anything. Yet, I decided to look a little further and there is a very clear pattern.

It apparently began in North America and spread to England. From England it has spread into Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. I suppose other countries have been affected but this is what I have seen reported.

It seems North America IS the center of influence and it's negative radiations or waves spread first into Europe and probably from there to the rest of world.

Too, it is a clear spread from North to South. I remember living in Texas and being warned continually that the African Killer Bees were coming (via South America), though I never saw one, there were always rumors about this. I guess North American is afraid of what ever may come from the 'South'.

Ryan

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next