UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:29 am

[ 19 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Anubis and the Bridge 

Post Anubis and the Bridge
It's old news now, but a giant statue of the Egyptian God of the Underworld, Anubis, floated down the Thames the other day, passing beneath Tower Bridge, a marketing ploy for an exhibition of Egyptian artifacts opening in London, England in November.

Anubis was known as the protector of souls on their way to life in the Underworld. Could there be a better symbolic representation of imminent psychophysical changes on the horizon than this staged journey of the jackal-headed god, the one who walks between worlds, juxtaposed in this photo with the bridge, the
place between worlds? It does remind me of the major arcana card "The Moon", which speaks of the sometimes harrowing journey of initiation (the imagery there suggesting psychic sea-change, wherein the initiate must walk between two towers, then out through this portal and into a completely unknown landscape, with only trust as a guide --).

Interestingly, outside of Eygypt, Anubis came to be associated with the Greek god Hermes, the messenger, becoming known as 'Hermanubis'...

Kristin

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Post the Moon
Here is the Rider/Waite version of this major arcana card...

Enter the Mysteries!

K

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 pm
Founder

Post My Synchronicity With the Hub of the World (1995)
kristin wrote:

Thanks a lot, Kristin for remembering us of Anubis. He is an old fellow of me. Thus I tell you how he entered my life:

In February 1996 I got sick with a mysterious disease, some sort of a flue but somehow different. I then found out that this was the effect of not doing BCI (which I then yet called Active Imagination since I did not yet realize the difference between BCI and AI) though I was inundated by visions and deeply archetypal dreams out of the unconscious. Today I would say that they came out of the unus mundus, the Eros aspect of the unconscious (Eros Self), since they were so corporeally real.

At the end of 1995 I had already a series of visions and did a series of BCIs, which showed me a series of deeply archetypal or better psychophysical images. The last looked like this: I see and sense before me a tortoise or turtle which develops slowly into the pregnant belly of a huge woman. On it an also huge Seal of Solomon. I touch it with my palms and sense that in it something lives. I feel that this is

The hub of the world.

In the belly (of the world soul, as I realize today) there are also many snakes. This gives me a feeling of disgust, and I am afraid. The woman lies in some sort of swamp, which gives me the feeling and sensation of the "primal hill" coming out of the "primal waters", which is a symbol for Atum, the primal god of old Egypt, who created Shu and Tefnut, sun and moon, by masturbation.

All this was extremely corporeal. I really sensed the whole with my "ghost hands," as I called these two other hands (and arms) which came out besides the real arms (as in the images of Hindu gods and goddesses).

The tortoise/turtle is a symbol of the coniunctio, since above it is round and below a square, the union of the masculine and the feminine principle. Atum is a symbol of what I call today the singular (acausal) quantum leap, extravertedly visible in UFOs/"aliens," and introvertedly in BCI. Thus, the BCI talks of itself. It shows me that with the help of BCI new physical birth happens, and incarnation out of the unus mundusinto our world. Of course I did not yet realize this too consciously then.

But now the incredible synchronicity comes:

At the evening of the same day my brother in law drove us to the house of his uncle, a physician (!), where we were invited to stay (we were in holidays in Italy). In the car he let play a CD, and of it always the same piece, of which he and his wife were completely fascinated (No one knew anything about my BCI; it was so crazy that I thought that I do not talk about it, especially since my wife and other relatives there were physicians). In this piece always one term was repeated:

Ombelico del mondo, ombelico del mondo, ombelico del mondo
(Hub of the world)

Then I knew definitely that something extremely extraordinary happened in me.

Remo

[To be continued]

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The UFO born out of the closed woman's belly
On Jan 16 1996 I had a dream in which I played my beloved Schwyzerörgeli

I am composing (as in reality) a "dream melody," which is so incredibly beautiful and moving. It reminds me of the sphere music belonging to the Holy Wedding (as Wolfgang Pauli describes it in his Kepler/Fludd essay). I am also reminded of the dreams with sphere music I had during this time. I have further the sublime memory that this sphere music belongs to Mercury (see Kristin's post above), who played the sphere music on an instrument built out of a shell of a tortoise.

Immediately after the dream I begin a BCI with the tortoise:

I sense again the shell of the tortoise. It immediately changes into the pregnant woman's belly. I have the feeling and the sensation that it is the earth itself, which became pregnant. I am also reminded of the hills near the place where I lived then (Hirzel above Horgen, Zurich, Switzerland):

Which look like pregnant women's bellies.

I am standing over the belly and look down on it. Its diameter is perhaps one meter. I stroke this earth woman's belly/tortoise shell very tenderly. Then I see that an aperture is built and out of it a small tortoise is born. Everything happens very spontaneous, what today is for me the proof that it is an acausal quantum leap in which out of the unus mundus something new is born into our world.

Then, something further and very surprising happens: In going on stroking it, out of the belly, but not through the aperture but through the closed surface an UFO is born. It has the typical shape of the saucer:

It seems that the UFO dematerialized in the belly and rematerialized outside of it. The UFO then hoovers perhaps one meter over the belly. End of BCI.

Comments:

I was very surprised and astonished that the UFO came out of the "earth" and did not appear in the sky. Thus it must have something to do with the liberation or even the release of the anima mundi out of matter. The imagination showed me that UFOs and the liberation of the world soul belong together. I was reminded of a development in me: First the UFOs came down from the sky, then, however, they began to come from the earth. For example in one, also in a BCI, they lied in the sand, and out of one an "alien" came (in the form of the Hindu god Ganesha) who carried on his back -- whom? Carl Gustav Jung !!!

Remo

[To be continued]

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post BCI with Tortoise, UFO and Anubis/Osiris of Feb 27, 1996:
I am sick with the above mysterious disease. Full of despair I return to the tortoise. She seems to be very pleased and licks my face with its/her tongue. She does this more and more intensely, and I begin to feel a little uncanny. I feel however that like this it/she would like to tell me something in her language, but I don't understand what. Thus, I lie on her back, which gives me a feeling of calmness.

All the time over us an UFO is hoovering. It looks like the one in a very early dream I chased away (what was of course wrong). It has the form of a cylinder with a cone above and a cone below. At the upper end there is further a sphere. Like this it looks a little odd, like a fool. It reminds me of an early dream, in which the pope orders that in all churches the cross has to be replaced by a sphere.

I can let rotate this UFO. I do this clockwise. Surprisingly I feel that this makes the UFO happy !!!

Now the tortoise shows me with a waggling motion of the shell, that also it/she is happy, obviously because I confide in it/her. With me on the back it/she goes into the water, into the sea. Thus it seems to be a turtle. Like this we swim to an isle. On it there are mountains like the Zuckerhut (sugar's hat) of Rio de Janeiro. Perhaps these are also trees in this form. Association: The Carneval of Rio -- the foolish party. [Today I realize that this foolishness is a symbol for the Eros ego/Eros Self connection. Exactly at the Carneval of Zurich I got however sick. I remember further that I always got sick or had an accident when I lived the fool too extravertedly.]

We enter now a castle. I realize first that the entrance room has a ceiling, which reminds me of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican.

I hesitate a long time with entering, since I am afraid not to come out anymore. The turtle and the UFO wait patiently besides me up until I have decided to enter.

Then we enter the Vatican. We three are a really strange trio. I am on the left (from behind), to my right the turtle and over it the UFO. We cross the Sistine Chapel. Then another room comes which looks like a Germanic "Langhaus."

What a difference to the Sixtin Chapel!

Then we approach a throne. First I believe that on it sits the Black Madonna in Einsiedeln, Switzerland:

However, I realize then that the figure of the head is not the one of the Black Madonna. Further the figure is veiled (covered up), and one sees only the black head. I try a long tome to recognize this figure, but the important aspect is this veiling. I am reminded that Jung or Marie-Louise von Franz talk somewhere of the veiled figure and realize that this is an attribute of Osiris. Then, for a short moment I see the figure and spontaneously the term "Anubis" comes to my mind. Consciously I do not at all remember who this god is, but I remember that he had the head of a jakal, the jackal-headed god Kristin presented to us.

I interrupt the BCI and have a look who Anubis was. It was the protector of the dead against evil forces and later the servant of Osiris! Obviously the turtle and the UFO liked to bring me to Anubis.

I remember a very early dream, in which I was on the Üetliberg, the "house mountain" of Zurich (which has a Celtic tradition; a Celtic prince resided there). In the dream I had a "telepathic" relationship with the "Pharao" in the depths of the Üetliberg.

I continue the BCI and implore Anubis/Osiris

Quote:
The latter a good old friend of mine. In the cast in Davos with 5 1/2 to 8 1/2 years I became myself some sort of Osiris, who was sometimes painted with white bandages (see viewtopic.php?p=1879&highlight=#1879 ), which look like the cast I was in:

At the left Osiris/Anubis.

to protect me and my family against evil forces.

All this happens in the following formation of us: The turtle is below, on the floor; I knee behind it/her and prop my ellbows on the shell; the UFO hoovers over us.

I thank Anubis/Osiris and we go back. It is all open, and we can leave unhindered.

Remo

[to be continued]

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Remo's Dance With the UFO
Finally we come back to the shore of the island, which reminds me at the landing stage in Jung's Turm (tower).

Then the turtle leads us back to the mainland (thus the castle was on this isle; was it Avalon? Today I guess it was.) When we are there something really crazy happens:

The UFO seems to be so glad that it extends a so-called "solid light" [These are light rays, however not infinite but they begin mostly at the UFO, however end. Further the UFOs can treat them like a telescope. Such solid lights are physically completely impossible.] This light is really solid. It has the form of a bowed arm. It takes my arm, and thus I sense the real solidity. To do so it comes from the front a little to the right of me and with its bowed solid light (its right arm) goes around my right arm. We are now on the shell of the turtle. It begins a dance with me, which means exactly that we turn to the right. The UFO/Remo dance !

In another dream I was told that such a rotation is the only important aspect of UFOs. On the basis of some of Wolfgang Pauli's dreams and visions, in which an oscillation transforms into a rotation, and of some of my dreams, I concluded that this process {Oscillation -> rotation} symbolizes the incarnation of living matter out of the unus mundus into our physical/living world.

Later I read in a book by Hiroshi Motayama, Science and the Evolution of Consciousness, Chakras, Ki and Psi that during the activation of the anahata Chakra, the heart chakra, light is emitted. Thus, in the case of the liberation of the "inner UFO" which happens during BCI perhaps such solid lights could be created. This becomes likely since in this state also psychokinetic events happen, as in UFO encounter.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Last edited by Remo Roth on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Founder

I am realizing that I told here almost all of my (collective) life experience. The result is among other my book THE RETURN OF THE WORLD SOUL -- Carl G. Jung, Wolfgang Pauli and the Challenge of Psychophysical Reality which I hope I can end this year.

In it I show that UFO encounter and abduction is an unconscious experience of incarnations out of the unus mundus into the physical world on the one hand, on the other in the physical body. Consciously we can realize this with the help of BCI. This is why BCI can heal physical disease. It seems that discovering this was and still is my life's task.

The above BCI talks in a symbolic way of this task, which seems to be activated by the Anubis aspect of the world soul. Perhaps the Anubis event that Kristin mentions is a synchronicity to my writing this book. I found out that synchronicities have a lot to do with a telepathic connection between the outer and the inner event, in my case between my work on the book and the exhibition which begins in November 2007.

See http://www.wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=1259338

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: BCI with Tortoise, UFO and Anubis/Osiris of Feb 27, 1996
Remo Roth wrote:

I interrupt the BCI and have a look who Anubis was. It was the protector of the dead against evil forces and later the servant of Osiris! Obviously the turtle and the UFO liked to bring me to Anubis.

Today I know that Anubis is the the protector of the good, the constructive forces in the unus mundus. They are liberated with the help of BCI, and like this compensate the negative, destructive energy with which the unus mundus is charged as an effect of the artificial radiation of nuclear bombs and nuclear plants. Like this BCI could become the means against this terrible dangerous horror. It is the "anti-nuclear bomb" of which we talked of in another thread in the Unus Mundus forum.

Thus, I hope that as many humans as possible will begin with BCI -- to save the world. IMO, this is the last chance for mankind to survive. There are already some such people that I know personally. Perhaps there are other ones I do not know.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: BCI with Tortoise, UFO and Anubis/Osiris of Feb 27, 1996
Remo Roth wrote:
Remo Roth wrote:

Thus, I hope that as many humans as possible will begin with BCI -- to save the world. IMO, this is the last chance for mankind to survive. There are already some such people that I know personally. Perhaps there are other ones I do not know.

Remo

Hello Remo, I was just checking in after spending a couple of hours lining up the info I wanted to post about the synchronicity last August 2006 of finding a connection between Nicholas von Flue and a modern Sufi master of Turkish origin. Turns out I saw a post back then with Turkey (my first husband now deceased was from there) in the title at a message board where folks debate political and religious matters. I checked tonight to find out that the date would have been around 8/15/06 -- just at the time when I would have last posted here before my recent return. Also I had seen here last night a post by Bernie about the Mandeans in Iraq as surviving Gnostics. There were a couple of items I was going to post tonight about that topic also. However, those posts will not be made now. I got carried away when looking at the Sufi material and do not have time to copy and paste the stuff on those other topics.

What I will post is what I just found a half hour ago or so at a Sufi site that applies to what you said in the quote above. There are others who we may not know about, but they are joined in a similar effort with us. This article deals with the theme of the book you are writing:

Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee
Anima Mundi: Awakening the Soul of the World
Published in Sufi Journal, Issue 67, Autumn 2005

God redeems humanity,
but nature needs to be redeemed by human alchemists,
who are able to induce the process of transformation,
which alone is capable of liberating the light imprisoned in physical creation.

-- STEPHAN HOELLER (1)

The world is a living spiritual being. This was understood by the ancient philosophers and the alchemists who referred to the spiritual essence of the world as the anima mundi, the “Soul of the World.” They regarded the World Soul as a pure ethereal spirit diffused throughout all nature, the divine essence that embraces and energizes all life in the universe.

Throughout history our understanding of the world as a living being with a spiritual essence has dramatically changed. Plato understood that “the cosmos is a single Living Creature which contains all living creatures within it.”(2) While this tradition was carried on by the Gnostics and later the alchemists, the Church fathers imaged a world that was neither divine nor sacred. A transcendent divinity was the source of all creation, and humanity lived in exile from heaven in a state of sin. This doctrine created a split between matter and spirit, causing the world to be seen as separate from its creator.

The understanding of the world as sacred resurfaced from time to time over the next centuries. In the Gothic revival of the twelfth century, and later in the Renaissance, the created world was briefly seen through the image of the World Soul. In their cathedrals the Gothic architects reflected their vision of a sacred order within creation that belongs to this feminine divine principle. The World Soul animated and formed nature according to divine proportions, which the architects, masons, sculptors, and stained glass artists imaged in their creations. (3)

Again during the Renaissance nature was briefly seen as a living spiritual essence:

If medieval theology had removed God to a wholly transcendent sphere, to the Renaissance Platonists nature was permeated by life, divinity, and numinous mystery, a vital expression of the World Soul and the living powers of creation. In the words of Richard Tarnas, “The garden of the world was again enchanted, with magical powers and transcendent meaning implicit in every part of nature.”(4)

In the Renaissance the World Soul was understood as a spiritual essence within creation, guiding the unfolding of life and the cosmos. In the words of the Renaissance philosopher Giordano Bruno, the World Soul “illumines the universe and directs nature in producing her species in the right way.”(5) The World Soul was also the creative principle that the Renaissance artists sought to channel in their work. Their art was based upon the same sacred proportions they saw in nature, and they understood the imagination as a magical power that can “lure and channel the energies of the anima mundi.”

The Renaissance left us great wonders of art and the imagination. It was a brief flowering, however. The orthodoxies of the Church re-established the split between matter and spirit, and the rise of science began to image the natural world as a machine whose disembodied workings human beings could rationally understand and master. The magical world of creative mystery infused with divine spirit became a dream belonging only to poets and the laboratories and symbolic writings of the alchemists.

The alchemists continued to explore the anima mundi. While the Church looked for light in the heavens, the alchemists sought the light hidden in matter. They understood that there was a sacred essence in the fabric of creation, which through their experiments and imagination they worked to release. For the alchemists the anima mundi is the divine spark in matter, the “philosophical Mercury,” which is the “universal and scintillating fire in the light of nature, which carries the heavenly spirit with it.”

Alchemy is concerned with turning lead into gold, liberating the light hidden in the darkness -- “the fiery sparks of the world soul, i.e. the light of nature … dispersed or sprinkled throughout the structure of the great world into all fruits of the elements everywhere.”(6) The alchemists also understood that there is a connection between the anima mundi and the soul or innermost secret of man. The source of the wisdom and knowledge of the all-pervading essence of the anima mundi was “the innermost and most secret numinosum of man.” (7)

In the last century Carl Jung rediscovered the wisdom of the alchemical opus and showed how alchemical symbols image the process of inner transformation that can release this hidden light. Jung differentiated between two forms of spiritual light: lumen dei, the light proceeding from the spiritual realm of a transcendent God, and lumen naturae, the light hidden in matter and the forces of nature. The Divine Light may be experienced through revelation and spiritual practices that give us access to our transcendent self. The Light of Nature needs to be released through inner alchemy so that it can work creatively in the world.

The tradition of alchemy reinterpreted into the language of inner transformation is a key to help us to liberate our natural light and to transform the world. The alchemical light hidden in darkness is our own light, which is also the divine spark within matter. Our natural light is part of the light of the World Soul. This alchemical unlocking of matter can be associated with freeing, or awakening, the world soul, the anima mundi. As a microcosm of the whole, the individual can participate directly in the alchemical process that liberates this light, a light that is needed to understand the mysteries of creation and the ways of working with its magical nature. With the lumen naturae we can once again learn how to unlock the secrets of nature, so that we no longer have to attack and destroy the natural world in order to survive.

Alchemy is our Western tradition of inner transformation. Sufis have always known about the inner process of alchemy. (8) One of the early Sufi masters, Dhû-l-Nûn, was described as an alchemist, and a great twelfth-century Sufi, al-Ghazzalî, titled one of his most important books The Alchemy of Happiness. Sufis have mastered the alchemy of the heart, through which the energy of love transforms the individual to reveal the light hidden within the darkness of the nafs or lower self. They developed a detailed science for working with the chambers of the heart to effect an inner transformation that gives the wayfarer access to the light of his true nature. This work does not belong just to the individual, but can have a direct relationship to the whole of creation and the heart of the world. Once we recognize the mysterious connection between our own innermost essence and the soul of the world, we can use the tools of inner transformation to work directly with the soul of the world, to help the anima mundi reveal its divine light and awaken.

AS ABOVE SO BELOW

As a result of Jung’s writings on alchemy, we have begun to understand the nature of the inner alchemical work. The work on the alchemical lead -- the prima materia, that which is “glorious and vile, precious and of small account and is found everywhere”(9) -- is the work on the shadow, the rejected and unacknowledged parts of our psyche. The philosopher’s stone, the gold made from the lead, is our own true nature, the Self. Rather than a transcendent, disembodied divinity, alchemy reveals a divine light that exists in the very depths of our psyche. This light hidden in darkness, the lumen naturae, is also our instinctual self and natural way of being, which until it is revealed is covered over by patterns of conditioning and the layers of the false self.

What is the difference between the light discovered in the depths of the psyche and the light of our transcendent divine Self glimpsed in meditation or other experiences? It is the same light experienced in different ways. The Sufis know that the Beloved, the source of all light, has both an immanent and a transcendent quality. He whom we love is both “nearer to him than his jugular vein” and “beyond even his idea of the beyond.” The Self, “larger than large and smaller than small,” has the same dual quality.

The yogi deep in meditation and the alchemist in his laboratory are seeking the same light, the same divine nature. Everything that we experience has a dual nature, a masculine and a feminine aspect, and the same is true of the light of the Self. It can be experienced in its masculine form as a pure transcendent light, consciousness without the constrictions of the psyche or the physical world. In meditation we can first glimpse and then rest in our eternal and infinite nature, and come to know a reality not defined or constricted by our body or the manifest world. This is a reality of light upon light, our colorless and formless essence.

We can also come to know our divine nature in its feminine, embodied nature, as the light of being, our natural wisdom, the gold of our true nature. In this light we experience and know the divine within creation, the way our Beloved reveals Himself in a multitude of forms, each form a different expression of His infinite being. We see how each color, each smell, every taste, even every thought and feeling, is a unique expression of the divine. In this way we come to know Him in His creation in a way that is hidden in the transcendent. In this revelation we see that each thing is unique and that all things are one, and we discover the relationship of the parts to the whole -- the interconnected wonder of creation. We see the rich tapestry of life and know that it is one Being revealing Itself in so many ways.

If we are not to remain in the paradigm of duality, living our inherited split between masculine and feminine, spirit and matter, we need to acknowledge both of these aspects. We cannot afford to follow the footsteps of the patriarchal Church fathers and seek only a transcendent light, look only towards heaven. We also need to know the light hidden in matter and understand the magic of creation that it reveals.

REST OF ARTICLE in English

http://www.goldensufi.org/A-AnimaMundi.html

ALSO in German and Spanish:

AUF DEUTSCH: Anima Mundi: Die Seele der Welt Erwecken

http://www.goldensufi.org/A-AnimaMundi_German.html

ESPAÑOL: Anima Mundi: despertando el alma del mundo

http://www.goldensufi.org/A-AnimaMundi_Spanish.html

Suzanne

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:08 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:41 am

Post Anubis on the stretcher
All

Am a little unsure sure where to post this now, as Jan has just made reference to Anubis, protector of the dead, on the Miscellanceous thread (under the heading which discusses nuclear proliferation, and where Remo had in fact placed a pertinent comment relating to Anubis awhile back now). Nevertheless, as Jan has also reopened our Anubis thread here with the return of the Moon card ('initiation'...), I'll go ahead with my experience under this heading and perhaps we can tie the commentary in the two 'threads' together later as we see fit.

Experience:

Last night I entered a BCI state in the classic pose, lying down, with no symptom profile at all, simply wished to go into incubation mode for awhile. I stayed in that 'corpse pose' for some time, having initially, with 'ghost hands' as Remo coined the term, 'pushed my head into my body' so that my head was, for the duration of the experience, situated within the cave, in the center of my body. That action immediately had the effect of helping me to disengage from the thinking mechanism entirely. I was quite surprised at how effective it was (just as Remo and others have said that they would essentially cut their head off in order to disengage from thinking in other posts regarding the BCI).

Suddenly, across the 'screen' of my inner eye, I saw a tiny animated freize-like scene which moved from right to left. It was a scene of two figures, carrying between them a stretcher, upon which lay a body. I immediately sensed the body was dead, and that, in fact, this was a mummy. Furthermore, it was the mummy of ANUBIS, as I could well see his black snout sticking up into the air. His head was positionned to the right, his feet to the left. At this, the little scene played out, as the tiny figures disappeared out of view.

Immediately after this came a very strange experience, like a synesthesia or something of that nature, wherein I suddenly could smell 'sulphur', although in fact I have allergies right now and cannot in fact smell anything much at all. This smell came to me then as a FEELING, from the INSIDE, it was very distinct and quite different from the state of smell that is sensate.

This experience I am still allowing to 'cook', as there are so many possible ramifications of such a symbolic transfer image. I should probably add before going, that I believe it's possible that placing my head into the belly was taken by the VNS to be in fact the 'symptom' itself, something which I overlooked at the start of my BCI! In this case, the head is healed from some malady it seems by the image of a dead Anubis, who is the 'god' of the Dead, in fact! Thus what could this mean? Being archetypal material, I feel that my experience is open to comment... I do feel it has a tie in with what Remo has described in his singular set of experiences above. I sense somehow that the head (in fact the brain or 'mentality') is rendered benign by Anubis' symbolic 'death'. The smell of sulphur tells me of the rising of the Pan content from below perhaps, the much maligned Dionysian or Green Man aspect of matter which has been repressed and vilified as the 'devil' (the destructive goddess, evil harlot) that lies within the shadow realm..

I will sleep on it another night, though any comments are welcome.

Kristin

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:01 am

Post by the light of the moon...
..as it is very nearly a full moon, I feel this content is magnified at the moment....the light shines upon the inner realm more clearly, giving us a window of opportunity to peer more fully within...

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:14 am

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 am

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 am

Post Fermentation and 'grease'
Hi Jan, Kristin, all...
I'm currently experiencing some sort of 'fermentation' myself - a sense of 'fertile soil' is present in my consciousness constantly, jamming down (bot not blocking completely) 'Logos thinking'. Interesting side-effect is that the less I think, the easier it is for me to do my ordinary work - even decision making just 'flows smoothly'. What also captures my attention is some strange sense of acceptance of 'fat and grease' in my life.

Since my childhood I was really intolerant towards any form of 'greasy dirt'. I loved (and still love) dry sand, was absolutely calm when encountered dust or webs (if it didn't stick to me too much), but when it came to 'mud' or 'dirt' I was really upset if I had to touch them. And now I am really fascinated by the vision of 'fertile soil', from which the new 'green vegetative life' will emerge. Visually and sensually I always preferred sand and rocks to 'simple dirt', but now I see that 'life potential' contained in it is beautiful by itself - with what Jan called a 'vegetative beauty'. And I liked sand and rocks mostly because they have almost no potential of unpredictably changing in time by themselves - that concept is considered 'safety' in perverted (I mean extroverted )) 'Logos sense'.

I'm really interested in what may happen with my 'sense' of my body and my-self in the next few days. I have a feeling that something important is going to happen. And even if it's not, there is already enough material to think/feel/meditate for several weeks now.

Best,
Evgeniy.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:00 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Fermentation and 'grease'
Evgeniy,

I just want to share two moments of my past with you.

At an empty moment of my life, or rather a hollow in the path between the end of a long period of solitary introspection and one of the most important encounters in my life, as I was coming back from Paris to Bordeaux on the TGV train, I fell into a mild altered state of consciousness. I was passively watching the landscape and suddenly the light of the sun fell onto the freshly ploughed dark soil of a big field. Instantly I was this soil. In bliss I could feel the joy of the open earth being touched by the sun and getting ready for a new birth...

I guess Remo call this a BCI. :D

Wayfarer wrote:
I'm currently experiencing some sort of 'fermentation' myself - a sense of 'fertile soil' is present in my consciousness constantly, jamming down (bot not blocking completely) 'Logos thinking'. Interesting side-effect is that the less I think, the easier it is for me to do my ordinary work - even decision making just 'flows smoothly'.
Evgeniy.

Later I went through an accompanied conscious immersion into my own depths. This could have looked like a psychotic episode though it was not. I had a job and was working with very good results, but most of my time (including at work) was spent 'elsewhere'. As you put it: "Interesting side-effect is that the less I think, the easier it is for me to do my ordinary work - even decision making just 'flows smoothly'."

This kind of 'help' can only happen in the Kairos, the right time...

Love

Roger

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile Personal album

Post another bridge...
All,

Anubis has just sailed under another bridge, this time the Verrazano Bridge in Brooklyn on it's way to the King Tut exhibition in NYC. Whenever I see images of this god of the 'otherworld', I feel a synchronistic 'clock ticking' for this particular 3rd dimensional reality. The sense is strong that something is flickering on the edge of our vision, just as UFO's enter and leave this world in the blink of an eye. Likewise, the 'bridge' symbol is for me like the veil that exists between worlds as Patrick has recently commented on again in another thread, in his dreams which present many important archetypal components -- and speaking of Patrick's comments in this respect, we have had several conversations on the forum together which include also train imagery in connection with the bridge discussion. Indeed, train imagery is also connected to the bridge symbolism, as an 'etheric' train can be viewed as presenting a link between 'worlds' -- (as a representative of the 'subtle body' or 'merkaba' experience, as a vehicle that can carry us to the Unus Mundus, the train is a transport option often experienced in dreams and waking visions and meditations).

I was thinking just now of the 'hollow' in Evegniy and Roger's discussion, and how the god of the underworld, the afterlife, sails UNDER the bridge, as upon the Rivers of the Unconscious, which is in it's own way a kind of 'valley' or 'hollow' aspect perhaps... In this way, there is no actual bridge to cross, it is all just 'water under the bridge', as the saying goes, on the way to an aspect of 'rebirth' (which is the tie in between the afterlife aspect of Anubis and the Horus, or RA aspect -- (Remo!) --, that wedjat or Eye of God, Mystery School teaching which points to reincarnation as an outcome of the hermetic discipline..). In this respect something also draws my attention as well to Maria's last resonant post on the thread "The World Soul as a He" -- the glue between the dualities in this sense is then maybe 'a dance' which is lovingly engaged, a dance which is attended to, like with a fire kept alive in the hearth, where the dance is symbolic of an unsentimental gratitude for the mystery of being alive, a dance which whirls all the previously lonely pieces into Oneness..

Evegniy -- how goes your deep soil process?

joyous Equinox energies to all, the Osiris coffin sprouts with shafts of green once more!
Kristin

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]