UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 am

[ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
Reply to topic
 Ann's and Suzanne's experiences' blog 
Founder

Post Re: Subtle Body Hypothesis & communication with deceased
Suzanne wrote:
I witnessed my father's death while I was home alone with him one Saturday when I was 10 years old. I stood by perhaps for as long as a half hour to an hour as he gasped and turned purple in front of my eyes before my mother and the ambulance got there. He was dead on arrival at the hospital from a massive heart attack. My childhood was over. I became very odd and serious to put it mildly. I began to read everything I could get my hands on about the meaning of life. I will not go into a lot of specific details now. There is one point I want to make about a person central in my life who is now deceased.

Suzanne

I can imagine the tragedy of your life very well. Such an emotional trauma leads mostly into an extreme development of the intellect (Voltaire, Spinoza), since one believes that only like this one can overcome the trauma. You describe all this very well and deeply moving. Many physicians, especially also Carl Jung, suffered and still suffer from this trauma. Since the physician plays an important role in your BCIs, I already here would like to tell you (and all the others) that exactly such a development to intellectualism -- the crux of many Jungians! -- should be avoided, or at least not to be repeated. BCI avoids this sometimes very dangerous development, and it seems that with the help of the last BCI, which you describe on Feb 5th, you did exactly this, since you had the courage to remain in the image of the vampire.

I stress this here since it is an insight I had to develop myself, without any help of any Jungian. Especially the latters always try to remain in the head, find a meaning, and are in a big angst to let go and enter the belly. As one can show (I do it in a part of the ms The Holy Wedding, which is however not yet published), also Carl Jung suffered from the same inability to really let go completely. It seems that it was not his fate, since he had to find out all the other things, which are still important.

Today, there are however people, especially the ones who have the task to have a relationship with the Beyond and the deceased, UFO encounter and abduction experiencers, out-of-body victims, etc., who cannot remain in this phase of the individuation process. They must grab deeper and enter what I call the belly brain. Successfully contacting it means exactly the process Ann describes above (And you in the last post; I will come back to it).

Quote:
He would have been 100 years old this year. He died in 1990. I found out a couple of years later when my daughter sent me an article about one of his inventions that mentioned that he was deceased. When I looked back in my dream and vision notebooks to the date he had died, there was a description of my walking up to him, in what had appeared to be a hospital bed, and kissing him on the forehead. This is the person that I commune with at times.

This shows that in your case in fact the relation with the deceased in the Beyond is meant. This fate was already "constellated" in the horrible experience of being alone with your dying father.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: Healing of the World Soul
Suzanne wrote:
The dream about Carl Jung and the Black Madonna is very interesting to me - to put it mildly! Back in 1990, I had a total mental and physical breakdown that left me on disability income for years. A huge part of this process was triggered by having to take the prescription drug Prednisone for asthma. It is now more commonly known that it can induce a psychotic depression in many people.

My experience is that too many people are diagnosed as psychotic, who just have the task to have a relationship with their subtle body and to observe its creation and development -- as we do here, and I did before for more than 20 years now. Thus, I guess that neither you suffered a real psychosis, however, the time was ripe to come back to your trauma -- and turn it into a positive event (Yes, as is my bone tuberculosis with 5 1/2 to 8 1/2 years). However, most psychiatrists are materialists (They make as much as possible money by selling drugs!). Thus, their limited world view would tell the "lay people" that such phenomena are psychotic (as also UFO and OOBE experiences). The real trouble is however their materialistic world view; and we will realize after some years that half of the Western world has such a diagnosis, since the relationship with the Beyond and the deceased is extremely intensely constellated (because of the artificial fission of the atom; see end of my comments).

Quote:
Then I had an unusual dream, the first real vivid dream since my breakdown. I told the dream group about it one day, in halting tones since I still had trouble speaking, after everybody else had finished telling their dreams. The lady teacher then remarked to me, "Do you realize that you just smiled for the first time we have seen since you have been coming here?" I began to get better from that time on, although it was a long haul that took years until I could work again and became a nanny for five years for the same family until my retirement a year and a half ago...

Now to the dream. It had Carl Jung, Albert Schweitzer, and who I came to realize later was the Black Madonna. There was a wedding. Jung was attending. Dr. Schweitzer was marrying a black woman. I was happy for them but also tenderly disappointed. I was thinking in the dream, "He was supposed to marry me!" But I accepted that the match must have been the right one, and somehow it was destined for them to be together. The odd thing about this was that I had a really big thing for Carl Jung (like so many other women!), but I had never thought of Schweitzer as a soul love mate before. I wondered why he was the one I thought should have married me. Anyhow, from then on after this dream I was able to smile and improve.

Dr. Schweitzer -- who in fact was Swiss and not French -- was much more in the heart than Carl Jung. Schweizer was also a very good organist, and like this was able to live his feelings deeply introverted. Carl Jung however wrote, and wrote, and wrote, and wrote, and wrote books, books, books. Not too many people know that his family suffered very much from this (as Deirdre Bair describes in her biography). As he formulated it: His feeling function was inferior. For his patients and the family, however, this must have been a horrible experience. This is why his son Franz Jung close to his own death began to talk about the situation.

Thus, I would be happy that your inner Black Madonna marries Dr. Schweitzer, and not Dr. Jung. The marriage means the same as what happened in your body: The heart marries the guts, since the Black Madonna sits there. As soon as this was realized, at least constellated in your dream, you were again able to smile -- the way out of the (so-called) psychotic depression.

Since Dr. Schweitzer was further a "common" physician, and not a psychiatrist, the dream tells us, too, that in you much more a "marriage" of the doctor for physical disease and the Black Mary should happen. This means that you have a Shamanic fate, i.e., you have to bring together the cure of physical disease with the observation of the creation of the subtle body (what happens in the last post; see below).

Now, what could all this have to do with the nuclear bomb, which Dr. Schweitzer tried to avoid or at least to undo? Here the collective aspect of BCI comes in, as described above. Since the subtle body is secretly identical with the world soul, when we do healing in the way of BCI, we heal ourselves, but also the world (or even the universe). This is the salvator macrocosmi aspect of BCI. And the world (and the universe and especially the Beyond) need our help !!! I show in my ms The Return of the World Soul that on a psychophysical level beyond (!) the split into physics and psychology, into the outer and the inner world, the artificial fission of the atom in nuclear bombs and also in nuclear power plants poisons the Beyond. We will realize this poisoning of the Beyond and like this also of the world soul in the near future, since She now takes revenge. Horrible events will happen, as already Carl Jung realized in his UFO book

Thus, in some way the marriage of Dr. Schweitzer and the Black Madonna in you is what in another thread we called the creation of the anti-nuclear bomb. If you ask me I would tell you that this is the last chance for mankind to survive.

I will continue later.

Thank you so much myladies!

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: BCI - confronting the inner Shadow without fear
Suzanne wrote:
I was in the BCI state and was watching the mini-movie - while at the same time I was the girl. I-She walked toward the man (boldly but gently - kind of the best terms I can come up with) - not in the helpless trance this gal is in. Then I-She reached out with both hands and took hold of his cape at the shoulders.

Suzanne

Here the revolution starts! You have the courage to remain in the situation, instead of in a correct Jungian way to jump out and to begin to amplify. (Sorry for the sarcasm, but when one has seen people suffering psychosises because exactly of such a mentality, one cannot behave in another way -- or at least I cannot).

Quote:
I (we'll dispense with the she part now) pushed the cape off of him backwards so that it would fall to the floor. This would apparently free him from his curse of being a vampire - or whatever other bad guy evil this is supposed to represent. The man was stunned as his cape fell off. Then he lurched forward. I would have to describe this like being an involuntary whiplash thrust forward - like when a car stops suddenly, and the person is sharply bent forward toward the wheel without being able to stop the momentum.

I guess this freeing him from the curse happened spontaneously, without any will, i.e., you -- more exactly She --felt that this is the right thing in the right moment. Since you had the courage to remain in the belly and not to jump out of the fear, you freed him from his curse.

As I wrote above, I am pretty sure that such horrible moments of fear and angst will soon come. Then it is absolutely important that as many as possible of mankind remain consciously in this fear, let it down in the belly and just observe what happens in them. Like this they also will free the world and the universe and the Beyond from the curse we created with the artificial fission of the atom in the nuclear bomb (which was in fact developed against Hitler; but then the war was over before it was finished).

The stop of the car, your association, means that you stopped the "automatism" (car = German Auto, i.e., automatism) of the vampires that poison our world. Since you did not jump out into your head, as you did (and had to do) with 10 years, you help to liberate the savior, who can then itself save the world.

This is how the devil is transformed into the savior of the universe. I guess that the sacrifice of the good doctor means the same: He has to come down into your belly (marry the Black Madonna), and like this the vampire/devil is transformed into the "good doctor."

Quote:
The under two years old pre-verbal fright experience is apparently related but not necessarily directly related to this later fear from watching the movie. My father left when I was 3 months old and was over in World War II as a medical evacuations officer until I was well over 2. My sister who is 9 years older has guessed that an older boy in our family may have been abusive to me. But there is no way to check this out in the real world since that person is dead. Whatever details may be needed now to bring this to some kind of resolution will no doubt surface by themselves. The pieces are finally fitting together.

When I read this, I had a really incredible intuition. I began to count: You are 64 now (or were last year), thus you are born in 1943 or so. In 1945 -- two years later, when you were two -- "Trinity," the first nuclear bomb was ignited (and then the two following over Hiroshima and Nagasaki). I interpret this first artificial fission (and of course all the ones that followed and still follow) as the rape of the world soul. See http://www.psychovision.ch/rfr/roth_e_ufos.htm (Written in 2003). Thus, could this experience with +/- 2 years be exactly this rape of the world soul that you felt in your body? Could the vampire be the symbol for this?

Could it be that you as a very sensitive woman felt this rape? That you then tried to put it into concrete terms as a sexual abuse? Could it be that many other women do the same, since the UFO abduction phenomenology of women is full of this symbolism (being raped in the early childhood).

Quote:
Actually just writing about this makes me feel rather happy and confident. The fear has dissipated. This must be an outcome of being able to share all this safely with our soul family here.

I guess that also experiencing the above BCI makes you feel happy, since the vampire disappeared.

Thank you (as well as Ann) so much for your BCIs

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Post The Reunion of Eros and Psyche
Remo, Ann, and All,

For a change, I am rather without words, at least less wordy than I usually am. The Dead Men Walk movie was only an hour long, so I watched it last night on the Internet before going to bed. How was I going to face this awful source of fright that left me terrified under the covers with my rosary night after night as a teenager? My notion of a conscious BCI - I mentioned in a post above - turned out to be the way. I got grounded and centered in the root and belly and let that sensation rise up slowly into the rest of my body through the heart and to the head. From this neutral passive alertness, I watched - not just through my eyes but with all of me - the themes of the movie enfold. At the end, there were calm quiet tears of joy - of redemption, of completeness, of union with all that is. The night was peaceful and uneventful as far as images go. When waking up, there was one brief image and experience of young love between myself and the older man - the soul mate, one and only forever guy - I knew in my teens - except that he was my age of about 15 (not 50) in this encounter. [Edited some 12 hours later - there was an interruption in this scene due to almost awakening, and later I realize the dream lover was at first about 25, not a teen boy. This also had a more than a slightly ominous edge to it at first. Then as I went back more clearly into the episode again, there had been a positive transformation in the dark young man into an innocent boy about the same age as the girl.] As I indicated before, the affair of the heart with the man at the time never included any sexual contact. As I started my day about 10:30 this morning, I noticed that this lovely sensation of completed love was throughout my mind and body, and that my body felt almost completely free of any discomfort and affliction. I did some dishes, straightened out some clutter, little ordinary tasks, and then as I came onto the computer, the words of a song from my teens years popped into my head. I am listening to it now with my headphones:

Lyrics and Music by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio;
performed by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and other artists

You're just too good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off of you.
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much,
At long last love has arrived,
And I thank God I'm alive.

Pardon the way that I stare,
There's nothing else to compare,
The sight of you leaves me weak;
There are no words left to speak.
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.

I love you baby, and if it's quite all right,
I need you, baby, to warm the lonely night.
I love you, baby, trust in me when I say:
Oh pretty, baby don't bring me down I pray,
Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you,
Stay and let me love you, baby, let me love you.

You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much,
At long last love has arrived,
And I thank God I'm alive.

I love you ...
baby, and if it's quite all right,
I need you baby, to warm the lonely night,
I love you, baby trust in me when I say:
Oh pretty.....(Repeat lyrics while fading)

----------------------------

Here is an illustration for all this. I have an original print from the early 1900s of this painting that was given to me upon the death of an elderly friend who had gotten it directly from the artist in England around 1910:

It is called Reunion. It is of course a variation on the theme of Eros and Psyche - Love and Soul.
At the bottom right on the print is a short verse from Elizabeth Barrett Browning:

Guess now who holds thee?--Death, I said, But, there,
The silver answer rang,--Not Death, but Love.

Edited addition (again about 12 hours later):

Remo, I noticed you said this above:

Suzanne Quote:
Actually just writing about this makes me feel rather happy and confident. The fear has dissipated. This must be an outcome of being able to share all this safely with our soul family here.

Remo Replies:
I guess that also experiencing the above BCI makes you feel happy, since the vampire disappeared.

-----------------

He did not actually disappear when he went into his free fall. With the vampire cape removed from his shoulders, he became transformed. Here is a clue from the full verse from Elizabeth Barrett Browning:

I thought once how Theocritus had sung
Of the sweet years, the dear and wished-for years,
Who each one in a gracious hand appears
To bear a gift for mortals, old or young;
And, as I mused it in his antique tongue,
I saw, in gradual vision through my tears,
The sweet, sad years, the melancholy years,
Those of my own life, who by turns had flung
A shadow across me. Straightaway I was 'ware,
So weeping, how a mystic Shape did move
Behind me, and drew me backward by the hair;
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove,--

Suzanne

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Healing of the World Soul
Suzanne, for now I am putting my “fright image” on the back burner. There is so much going on here now and I am so blown away by the work you are doing and the impact on the collective I am sensing in Remo’s comments.

Your courage to go where you have and face off such loaded-with-fear images leaves me astounded, especially when I tried to put myself in your place. But I do know that sometimes there is no other way to go except through what it is that one fears the most, only to discover one can and has survived, and even more: as one in whom grace and purpose has been renewed or even reborn on a totally new level.

Remo, the implications you point out and the indications of where this work in the depths of being can lead in providing some semblance of stability if/when the walls of civilization come tumbling down . . . this literally set my body quivering, or perhaps I mean “quaking.”

But, Suzanne, before going there, I want to acknowledge how very many pieces of the puzzle of your life, how many synchronistic occurrences in so few days have fallen into place. And as proof you were able to say,

Quote:

The sense of safety within this forum family is truly amazing.

I have so much to contemplate. And around my elephant so much to integrate and continue to work with that I have printed out Remo’s remarks so I can continue to work with this new helper and healer. In fact after finishing this post I will ask for a lift to my elephant’s back and retire for the night. But before doing so there are several quotes I don't want to loose.

Remo wrote:

Quote:
Today, there are however people, especially the ones who have the task to have a relationship with the Beyond and the deceased, UFO encounter and abduction experiencers, out-of-body victims, etc., who cannot remain in this phase of the individuation process. They must grab deeper and enter what I call the belly brain.”

Then in reference to Suzanne’s synchronicity with the passing over of the older friend who played so important a role in her vital teen years, and about whom she had dreamed and visited in her subtle body as he was dying and because of the very real soul connection there has been able to continue in communication—probably way more than she realizes--Remo tells her that the remedy for the traumatizing experience was already in place.

Quote:
This shows that in your case in fact the relation with the deceased in the Beyond is meant. This fate was already "constellated" in the horrible experience of being alone with your dying father.

And again, in the dream of Dr Schweitzer marrying the Black Madonna, the remedy for the asthma drug that induced depression and illness later in life is already in place.

Quote:
”I told the dream group about it one day, in halting tones since I still had trouble speaking, after everybody else had finished telling their dreams. The lady teacher then remarked to me, "Do you realize that you just smiled for the first time we have seen since you have been coming here?" I began to get better from that time on, . . . “

Remo additionally observes:

Quote:
This means that you have a Shamanic fate, i.e., you have to bring together the cure of physical disease with the observation of the creation of the subtle body (what happens in the last post; see below).

An Ann aside: Much here that passes in the in-between helps me understand Bob's shamanic calling and how it continues to play out in the Intermediate and Beyond realms. This is important to my appreciation of why I am still here. In turn this increases my willingness to accept the whatever of why of it.

Back to Remo's comments:
After noting Dr Schweitzer’s impassioned plea to the world to cease and desist the pursuit of nuclear weapons, here is where his words actually impacted me in a way that I began physically shaking and experienced a sudden sensation of loss of strength in my lower legs.

Quote:
Now, what could all this have to do with the nuclear bomb, which Dr. Schweitzer tried to avoid or at least to undo? Here the collective aspect of BCI comes in, as described above. Since the subtle body is secretly identical with the world soul, when we do healing in the way of BCI, we heal ourselves, but also the world (or even the universe). This is the salvator macrocosmi aspect of BCI. And the world (and the universe and especially the Beyond) need our help !!! I show in my ms The Return of the World Soul that on a psychophysical level beyond (!) the split into physics and psychology, into the outer and the inner world, the artificial fission of the atom in nuclear bombs and also in nuclear power plants poisons the Beyond. We will realize this poisoning of the Beyond and like this also of the world soul in the near future, since She now takes revenge. Horrible events will happen, as already Carl Jung realized in his UFO book

Thus, in some way the marriage of Dr. Schweitzer and the Black Madonna in you [Suzanne] is what in another thread we called the creation of the anti-nuclear bomb. If you ask me I would tell you that this is the last chance for mankind to survive.

Those are very powerful and challenging words that I feel mustn’t (as witness the loss of strength in my legs) let slip through the cracks. How can they be turned into a resolve? because I know, at least I perceive them as a collective directive, or a directive to those who are so identified and called.

My further Octopus BCI osteoporosis report will have to wait for tomorrow. For now I will just say how heartily I laughed when I read Remo's initial response.

Quote:
Did you ever see an octopus suffering a bone's fracture?

With love, Ann

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The condition of complete passiveness
Suzanne wrote:
Remo Replies:

-----------------

He did not actually disappear when he went into his free fall. With the vampire cape removed from his shoulders, he became transformed.

Suzanne

Of course! The curse disappeared, and the vampire transformed. The cape is one of the very important aids of magicians. Thus, you (or She) were able to "depotentize" the devilish aspect of the black magician by baring him.

These forces can also be very dangerous. This is why we have to be completely passive, or only intervene when we are asked to do so. Otherwise with the help of a will-possession we would do the same as what mankind began in 1945: Actively "split the atom" and like this cause artificial "new life." This would exactly correspond to the black magician aspect of the healer. If, however, we remain completely passive, we let the world soul do the creative work. Thus, there is no conscious will power in it.

It is what the fairy tale of the doctor and the death tells us: When the death stands at the head side of the bed he is allowed to cure, if he stands at the foot side, he is not allowed. Then, however, the doctor should cure the daughter of the king, but the death stand at the foot side. Thus the doctor turns her in the bed -- and dies.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Gevatter_Tod

[I don't find an English translation]

I learned this perhaps 10 years ago. I treated a woman with cancer. It was too late, however I wanted to help her. I dreamed of diamonds, and of course knew that meant was the diamond body (subtle body). Thus, I did an active meditation and sent her some of these diamonds.

The result was that I had horrible dreams, which showed me that this is absolutely forbidden. Nature, the world soul, the Black Madonna does Her work herself, and we humans have only the task to observe how and what she creates. It is the Wu Wei, the active passiveness of healing.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post Re: The Reunion of Eros and Psyche
Suzanne wrote:
My notion of a conscious BCI - I mentioned in a post above - turned out to be the way. I got grounded and centered in the root and belly and let that sensation rise up slowly into the rest of my body through the heart and to the head. From this neutral passive alertness, I watched - not just through my eyes but with all of me - the themes of the movie enfold. At the end, there were calm quiet tears of joy - of redemption, of completeness, of union with all that is. The night was peaceful and uneventful as far as images go.

Suzanne

This is the experience of the coniunctio. Since in it one touches the unus mundus, the psychophysical reality, which is what I call psychophysically nonlocal: What happens in you happens, at least potentially, everywhere. It is the motif of the alchemical gold gilding the whole surrounding, of the red tincture extracted from the lapis, the stone, and the extraction of the quintessence, both corresponding to the Alexipharmakum or life essence, out of the Seal of Solomon. It is what Carl Jung called the point A situation or the Cabbalist Isaak Luria the tikkun that I mentioned many times in other threads.

Quote:
And a voice said in mastery, while I strove,--

Exactly

It is the emotion German Romanticism missinterpreted and why so many of its poets committed suicide. Meant is what the Sufis, the Islamic mystics circumscribe as "Die, before you die!"

Actually, this is it what Bush and the evangelicals fear and like to exterminate, since such a mentality corresponds to the "anti-American dream" -- the opposite of using one's elbows to kill the other one (as for example Billy Gates).

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Founder

Post The reaction of the I Ching
All

I asked the I Ching: What do you think that my post could trigger. The answer was #26, without any change in the lines:

Quote:
26. Ta Ch'u / The Taming Power of the Great

above KêN KEEPING STILL, MOUNTAIN
below CH'IEN THE CREATIVE, HEAVEN

The Creative is tamed by Kên, Keeping Still. This produces great power, a
situation in contrast to that of the ninth hexagram, Hsiao Ch'u, THE
TAMING POWER OF THE SMALL, in which the Creative is tamed by the
Gentle alone. There one weak line must tame five strong lines, but here four strong lines are restrained by two weak lines; in addition to a minister, there is a prince, and the restraining power therefore is afar stronger.

The hexagram has a threefold meaning, expressing different aspects of the concept "Holding firm." Heaven within the mountain gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding together; the trigram Kên which holds the trigram ch'ien still, gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding back; the third idea is that of holding firm in the sense of caring for and nourishing. This last is suggested by the fact that a strong line at the top, which is the ruler of the hexagram, is honored and tended as a sage. The third of these meanings also attaches specifically to this strong line at the top, which represents the sage.

THE JUDGMENT

THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.
Perseverance furthers.
Not eating at home brings good fortune.
It furthers one to cross the great water.

To hold firmly to great creative powers and store them up, as set forth in this hexagram, there is need of a strong, clear-headed man who is honored by the ruler. The trigram Ch'ein points to strong creative power; Kên indicates firmness and truth. Both point to light and clarity and to the daily renewal of character. Only through such daily self-renewal can a man continue at the height of his powers. Force of habit helps to keep order in quiet times; but in periods when there is a great storing up of energy, everything depends on the power of the personality. However, since the worthy are honored, as in the case of the strong personality entrusted with leadership by the ruler, it is an advantage not to eat at home but rather to earn one's bread by entering upon public office. Such a man is in harmony with heaven; therefore even great and difficult undertakings, such as crossing the great water, succeed.

THE IMAGE

Heaven within the mountain:
The image of THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.
Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

Heaven within the mountain points to hidden treasures. In the words and deeds of the past there lies hidden a treasure that men may use to strengthen and elevate their own characters. The way to study the past is not to confine oneself to mere knowledge of history but, through application of this knowledge, to give actuality to the past.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:05 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Healing the World Soul - Helping Hand - Hall of Mirrors
"murraycreek", for now I am putting my “fright image” on the back burner. There is so much going on here now and I am so blown away by the work you are doing and the impact on the collective I am sensing in Remo’s comments.....

Then in reference to Suzanne’s synchronicity with the passing over of the older friend who played so important a role in her vital teen years, and about whom she had dreamed and visited in her subtle body as he was dying and because of the very real soul connection there has been able to continue in communication—probably way more than she realizes--Remo tells her that the remedy for the traumatizing experience was already in place.....

Quote:

An Ann aside: Much here that passes in the in-between helps me understand Bob's shamanic calling and how it continues to play out in the Intermediate and Beyond realms. This is important to my appreciation of why I am still here. In turn this increases my willingness to accept the whatever of why of it.....

With love, Ann[/quote]

Good Morning, Ann, I have not gone bonkers yet from being flooded last night with an almost entire life review within a few hours. On another thread with Kristin and Michael, I commented early yesterday evening this way:

Quote:
Hi Kristen and Michael, I had been thinking about telling folks here at the forum about Aldoux Huxley's theory about the brain being what he called "a reducing valve". If you have been reading any of my long posts recently with all the picture illustrations and synchronities, this is an actual display of the flooding in of symbols, messages, and sensations that can quickly overcome the entire person if the reducing valve becomes widened too far. Actually, the stuff I post right now is only a tiny portion of what is happening in my head and body right now. Fortunately, from past experience, I know how to not let this get out of hand.

Here is material from someone else - I am stealing a bit too much of it! - but I am giving the link to where he has links to more info on this topic:

Brain as reducing valve

To make biological survival possible, Mind at Large has to be funnelled through the reducing valve of the brain and nervous system. What comes out at the other end is a measly trickle of the kind of consciousness which will help us to stay alive on the surface of this particular planet. To formulate and express the contents of this reduced awareness, man has invented and endlessly elaborated those symbol-systems and implicit philosophies which we call languages. Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he or she has been born — the beneficiary inasmuch as language gives access to he accumulated records of other people’s experience, the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it be-devils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things.
- Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception

Here is the link to the rest of my post:

http://psychophysical.free.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5953&sid=5121920b564e2a08f19baaf65925da63#5953

I will mention now that after my father's death when I was 10, I had only one vivid dream about him. I was about 14, and this had to have been shortly before I met the older man teacher soul mate at school. I was in profound terror and depression at the time. I was falling behind in school, scared to death at night, dealing with my mother's abusive alcoholism, and some of her drunk party friend dirty old men, especially one who was often trying to stalk me and get me alone. People do not understand why children do not just scream bloody murder and ask for help. Especially in this case with a warped mother, I knew I would be called a liar or blamed in some way. My older sister, who was already away from home and married, agreed. She could not help me because my mother had two distinct sides. Mother and Madeleine. Mother was the evil one who usually came out to play in the dark at night as a drunken lunatic. Come morning, Madeleine was the not so bad one and mostly an overwhelmed woman filled with resentment over not being able to cope with life. Madeleine was the one known to the outside world as the respected doctor's widow. My sister said to try to avoid the would-be molester, and just concentrate on getting through school and getting away from home as soon as I turned 18. Gads, 4 more years - how could I ever make it that far through this hell?

Then one night I had a very realistic dream - like it was something that was really happening. My mother had driven us in a car and parked in a row of shops at an intersection near the house where we lived when my father died. We were in a new house by then miles away in reality. She went inside and left me in the car. Suddenly my father was there with me. My mother came toward the car and saw him. She looked totally amazed like she had seen a ghost. My father smiled and said quietly and calmly to me, "She does not understand how I can still be here with you."

He had always been very protective of me and was my companion on Saturdays - while she worked a half day at a hospital - and he was the one who took me to the museum, on the canal barge trip, fishing on the rocks by the Potomac River, and many other lovely moments. He was my friend. My older brother and sister had already left home by then. When he had come back from World War II, he was not the same man he had been before. There was a short story he had written while overseas about two little girls - one who survives to laugh again on the beach in France and one who dies in a bomb shelter (the nationality is not mentioned, but you could fill in the blank with German just as easily as French) - a tender story that was turned down by a major magazine, although the editor said it was of good quality, because the war was still on, and it would be "discouraging to the war effort" for people to be reading about civilian causalties, especially children. He developed a severe drinking problem and heart condition but somehow kept on working at his job of medically evaluating veterans' claims for disability benefits until he died at age 64 which was 8 years after he had returned from the war.

So, that was the dream, and some background on the father-daughter relationship. At 14, I had started 10th grade and was already well on my way to flunking classes. My anxiety was so high, I felt like I had to throw up several times a day, and would sometimes pace the school halls when I was supposed to be in class. One day a kind girl said she would take me to the clinic because I was even visibly shaking, but when her talking nicely to me got me calmed down and talking a bit back to her instead of being darkly mute, I got put out and told to go to class or else... my mother would get called! Then of course there would have been more hell to pay at home.

Then one day, in the cafeteria I was sitting slumped at the table in a cloud of total despair, and I noticed a not very good-looking man walking down the tray line. I looked away because some handsome politician had come in to do the usual glad handing. Then I looked back at the somewhat awkward older man who was by then sitting by himself alone at a long table. Suddenly I thought - he is someone like me - really alone. An hour later he was introduced to our study hall class as the new teacher. As he looked around at the various kids, his eyes stopped at mine. At first I was occasionally alarmed about his kind of staring routine, like he might be another one of those nasty old creatures that liked to get their hands on little girls. But his eyes close up while he was supposedly helping me with my homework had only an overwhelming tenderness in them. That was the beginning of the peculiar alliance of minds and souls and the discussions about Voltaire's Candide and so on. He once remarked that it is best, when you know you are very odd and different from most other people, to learn how to appear more like normal people are supposed to be and only share who you really are with the few you can really trust.

He left at the end of that year, but he said I could call him at home once in a while and that his wife would not mind. So, the next school year, he wasn't there, and Mother was acting worse than ever. Other horrible things were going on, and I was sinking into despair all over again. One day he called and said he and his wife would like to invite me and my Mother over to his house. Well, now here is where the spooky stuff starts. We got over there. This man at home is the most bizarre genius with a kind of indulgent motherly wife who does not seem to be concerned that his little girl philosopher friend looks, she thinks, somewhat like Grace Kelly. She also does not seem to be worried about leaving him downstairs in the basement with me while she and my mother chat upstairs in the kitchen. This man has a place that looks like a mad inventor's workshop. Sort of like one of those horror movie characters that you can not be sure is good or bad or both. He triggers some mechanism that makes the entire house shake like a tuning folk - bong, bong, bong and creates an amazing reverberating zinging vibration as well that surges right through the body. I kind of gathered this was supposed to be some unspoken secret message to me. Then he says he has asked me there because he wishes to request one promise from me. It is that no matter what happens for the rest of our lives that I will never lose contact with him. I realize this is nuts at the time, but some other part of me says yes. As my mother and I are leaving, he walks with me ahead of them and asks if I have ever thought there was some kind of psychic bond between us. We agree it was that moment we first saw each other. So, Mother and I get in the car. She is very, very, very quiet.

Then she (the Madeleine version) says she can't quite figure out that his wife did not seem to see that he lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw me and that he obviously adores the ground I walk on. She then said that I would always be able to trust him and that he would never betray his wife or take advantage of my affection for him. She says I can see him anytime again as long as his wife continues not to object. Then she said, "He is just like your father - like he was before the war." Even her (Mother) behavior improved dramatically for a while. It was indeed as if she had seen a ghost and had been stunned into treating me better. Then later on when I was 18, my one and only real friend in the world called from his work that was nearby the apartment where I lived when I was starting college in Washington DC. I had actually survived and gotten away from home and the nuts Mother. He wanted me to meet him at an art museum. He said there is a painting I must see. I looked up at the strange picture on the wall of a little girl and an old man in a rowboat. I was shocked practically into another dimension. The last thing my father and I had done together the Saturday before he died was go out on a rowboat on the Potomac River because his doctors had said his heart condition was much better after a recent hospitalization. I had never mentioned this to my friend or anyone else. Then he said, "See. That's us. It is called 'The Helping Hand.' I am helping you, and you are helping me."

Another time, on one of our walks around the block, I said to him that I had been reading a book about how the universe is billions of years old and we are just insignificant little humans who are born and die in a few fleeting years. He said in effect, but we two do know - we are significant! Our bond of oneness shows that there is some hidden meaning to life. It is a sign of God.

My mother had been absolutely right about him. He would say sometimes that if he was not married (and I was married by then with a baby), he would defy convention about the age difference. But as things were with our life circumstances, it was his responsibility as the older person to decide what was right and wrong and abide by that. You will notice that a lot of this is coming out in the present tense because that is how it is re-experienced. I am just repeating this now along the same lines as the narrative I was seeing last night with myriads of details left out. Once I dreamed, during a time when I had just found out that I would never me able to see him again because his wife had finally gotten around to objecting and ending it all, that I would have to seek him again in the Hall or Wall of Mirrors. I had no idea what that meant. It is a great secret to our existence.

We are a kaleidoscope - but we are not insignificant. We are all one yet potentially enduring as an individual somehow. My daughter called me some years ago and said I just had to read The Da Vinci Code. She said it was about the things "you used to say 30 years ago" about mystical meanings in Leonardo's paintings. The other night I said to her that perhaps I should start a thread at the Jungian forum I go to about The Real Da Vinci Code - which happens to be significantly different from the more sensational worldly meanings given in the book. Here are a couple of clues:

We are a chamber of mirrors, overlaping images in a kaleidoscope, originating from a one point source and radiating out in myriad complexities. Some of the individual images happen to resonate and reverberate more in tune with some of the others - we will say. By the way, the nickname of my soul mate with the crazy inventor workshop in his basement was (and is) Lee. My Leonardo.

Here is a link to a do it yourself online kaleidoscope. Start at the small central point - and see what happens. It is us, but we are not insignificant.

http://www.permadi.com/java/spaint

Note to Remo: There was an increasing rotation in all this whirl of recall that appeared it could get out of control. It was letting go into a calm center, as you describe, rather than trying to control it that tamed the pace back down to a tolerable one.

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Profile Personal album

Post The Mystery of Eros
Suzanne,

Thanks very much for posting the rest of the story and the images. The heart connections here continue to grow and strengthen and the world becomes less lonely and "soul family" a believable reality.

[Note: I appreciate your images. They so enrich and add multidimensional meanings to the verbal. I hope soon to find time to figure out how to insert them in posts.]

I took a brief look at the Huxley topic on brain valve reduction and need to give it a careful reading. For me too there is a tendency to become overwhelmed, i.e., inundated by too much from the symbolic and imaginal realms.

What follows is also to Remo and trusted others in the forum family.

When I think about trying to explain in some kind of a rational way the complexity of this relationship one can have with another in his or her spiritual body while one is still physically embodied, it is difficult to find words and without interjecting the possible distortion of my own understanding. I sense my own thought processes are still through the lower mental while Bob’s come through his subtle body and are from a higher mental. I often am aware of a level shift in our dialogues. While what I have so far received is safe in my journals, there are things in these I am advised are intended to be shared. How, when, where, I’m not sure. But I have landed here in your midst and I am becoming more comfortable and even safe in sharing, so that is a step. Actually a greater difficulty is knowing where and how to begin. I was able to take hold of a thread and go with it when I wrote about Bob’s nearly lifelong process of creating a subtle body in order to stay here long enough to fulfill his purpose, and that when that was maximized he was out of here. However, by the time this happened there was in place a means by which we could continue to be in touch and communication.

The “conjoining” of two souls is a theme that came up early on after Bob’s transition. One of the first directions I received was to read Swedenborg’s writings on the eternal marriage. Next, there was a sense of guilt I had that wouldn’t stay resolved . It had to do with a weird situation with a swarm of bees that I felt had been detrimental to Bob’s health and that I felt I had mishandled. After several rounds of dealing with my regrets, I asked for a “seal.” I was given a particular Rosarium image, very much out of the blue. A few days later, this image came up again in connection with an image of a “winged lioness” and led also to an imaginal realm visit to an ancient Alchemist’s quarters where I was directed to kneel at his feet and where I received his blessing. In this way I entered the world of the Hermetic Alchemists. A month or so later, in Scotland to visit our oldest son, I spent an afternoon in the Special Collections Library at the Univ of Glasgow where I poured over the originals of five or six 16th to 17th illustrated alchemical manuscripts. This touchstone seemed to provide me with a closer sense of connection to the material and its meaning for me.

As I studied this material gradually I began to embrace the possibility that Bob and I were/are living out the process being described by the alchemists in their images, not as individuals but as a couple in which the mythic dimension of “the two becoming one” is playing out. I am certainly not concerned about being heretical. But to appear or even be judged deluded isn’t something I particularly want to invite unnecessarily. If, though, it is part of the will of the higher will for my life, then that’s okay. In any event, this is the short versioin of what led me to Remo’s Home and this Forum.

Besides Remo’s Holy Wedding, I am working with a collection of writings titled The Divine Couple (Edited Robert J Faas) – A Book on the Christian Mystery of Eros.
From the back cover:

Quote:
So much today divides man and woman, truly casting an oppressive dream over them. This book, The Divine Couple, seeks to reveal the ancient vision of the Christian mystery of eros. According to this vision, expressed here in the profound words of writers like Jacob Boehme, Johann Gichtel, and Nicholas Berdyaev, the coming of Christ established a spiritual process of regeneration or re-divinization for humanity. Through this esoteric process, man and woman are once again able to be restored to their original paradisal existence or angelic order. This book unveils this process of Christian spiritual awakening., and points us toward the restoration of man and woman as the Angelic or Divine Couple, the crown and jewel of God’s creation, and toward the raising-up of the earth itself into the Holy Earth, the Angelic Couple’s eternal home.”

Could it be possible that Christianity is intended, at this historical point, to be reinvented along the lines of the first century Gnostics, and with the mystery of Eros very much included this time?

With love to all,
Ann

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post About the process of communicating with the Beyond
Hello Ann, The first thing I pulled out of one of the moved storage boxes not opened for ten years was a dream and vision notebook from 1982-1983. It seems that the same themes repeat on and off over the years.

The first one was a vision that would fit the Eros and Psyche pic farther up this thread - except it was about the Divine Being instead of the One and Only love. It ended with a plunge from the heavens over a vast expanse of ominous dark water and then seeing two rows of swans lined up like exqusite beacons of light to guide the way to a safe landing. The Swan is a big item in the symbology of Leonardo Da Vinci's work, for instance his Leda and the Swan - the union between a mortal woman and a god in the form of a swan.

Anyhow, here is one of the first items I looked at next, and I was surprised to see that I had been writing then about a process for understanding communications from the Beyond. It has no specific date but would be 1982-1983.

"The picture window appeared in front of my eyes and expanded into a giant screen. I was being shown by a "higher intelligence" or my own smarter "inner self" how the mind (and more specifically one that is having these kinds of experiences) is like a great comprehensive computer that takes in all that is seen, heard, and read, experienced, arranges it all into various categories, correlates it all to this or that issue or problem I am contemplating, and then produces intuitions or solutions.

This communication was being made to me by symbols appearing on the picture screen rather than in words. Upon seeing the images, I could not "read" or understand them at all, but my mind itself then seemed to automatically translate them them into thought words. This is vague, but it seems to me that the incomprehensible symbols were not a language of themselves, but rather some (uh - what do I want to say here?) neutral go-between, a transitional phase, a cross-over, a something or other. Like there may be a universal language on the other side of matter that is beyond description. It translates itself into symbols that appear to the human mind, and then the mind translates the symbols into the individual language (English, Chinese, Hindi, etc.) of the person seeing them.

It's so easy for me to see now how some mental cases think their minds are literally computers almost in a machine sense and that their thoughts and behavior are being programmed and controlled by outside (or inside but alien) forces. The authority or enemy or who does this is perceived as being whatever is most symbolically representative of help or threat to the ill person, as for instance: angels or demons, flying space brothers, commie spys, spirits of dead friends or relatives, also dead historical and religious figures."

That was that.

About three years ago (3-30-08 correction - four years ago, late Oct. 2004) my first husband, who I had married when I was 18, died. We had separated and divorced in the mid-1970s. (short deletion here) I had a brief episode one afternoon during that time where I was somewhere unknown and asking about Lee and was told he was away doing the important project about how to make the recordings better. I wondered, they have machines over there for what? They said they would tell him I was asking for him. Then that night, I find myself in a scene where a large group of people are walking across a grand plaza, I suppose what we picture as a suitably majestic spot in some heaven or other. They dwindled down as some walked away, to only a few, and then just one man approached me. It was my Lee - except I had to do a double take because he looked so much younger than I had ever seen him. He was perhaps 35 and was wearing a fine blue suit with an unusual cut and wide lapels. This must be 1930-1940s attire was my impression. He said, "It seems like it has been 100 years... "

I seem to gather this is some kind of ideal image and is not whatever he really looks like now. He has certainly made himself better looking than he used to be. How do I know this is even really him? No sooner do I think that than the plaza vanishes away. He and I are in some kind of small dark but safe feeling cubicle. I know this is him. This is the feeling of his presence as it always was. I do not even see him any more except as a shadowy figure. We are just together alone, but this is not some kind of jolly reunion. He says that he does not have much time. It is very hard to communicate directly like this. He says if I want some evidence that it is really him, I can check and find out that his wife is still alive. (Additional details 3-30-08: He had said: She has Alzheimer's but is being well taken care of. That will be evidence for... a person was named... only a first name.)

Now, this part will start to interest Remo. He seemed somehow ill and like he was trying to wrap something around himself for some kind of protection like someone who is shivering. I was very puzzled. Do they get sick over here? I asked him what was wrong with him. He said it is very hard to use words directly. It takes too much energy. He is trying to find some way to get around that. I want to ask him some questions, but everything is going haywire as the scene is on the verge of breaking up. Then he is vanishing away under this cover - sort of like the wicked witch melting in the movie - except this is just kind of peculiar and sad. End of story. A day later I got to a chapter in a survival research book where the researchers were telling about the latest attempts to communicate with the dead by more modern electronic recordings. They were trying to figure out how to do it better. One final thought on this, from what Remo has written. Very bewildering reunion - was my reaction - very perplexing.

Perhaps we are finding another way through the BCI synchonicities that we have been experiencing. A few nights ago I found a picture of him on the Internet from 1948. Also, I unexpectedly found a tiny clip of a recording of his playing a few songs (not like what would seem in the usual order) that end with this (short deletion) one. I looked up the title to find out the lyrics. This is the ending verse:

Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea
Mermaids are chanting the wild lorelie;
Over the streamlet vapors are borne,
Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.
Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart,
E'en as the morn on the streamlet and sea;
Then will all clouds of sorrow depart,
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

Then I got the idea to Image search with the words Beautiful Dreamer. This is what I got:

Ann and Remo, Of course you will recall my telling you here at the forum about the vision I had about kissing him on the forehead at the time he would have been dying in 1990.

(short deletion here for privacy reasons)

Remo, next on the agenda is about something far more serious which I will explain about more later. The wife of the man who wrote this warning years ago told me when I met her in 1971 or so that she thought that Lee was one of the younger men who came to talk with her much older deceased husband sometime after the war when they first moved to Virginia. I had one photo of him to show her from the period of time I knew him. She showed me where a table would have been on the lawn which Dr. Russell used in meeting guests rather than indoors whenever he could. She thought she remembered Lee there with Walter but could not be sure. She thought they would have had a lot in common in regard to several other interests as well. (short deletion and an addition here) Here is Dr. Russell's warning during those post-war years:

WALTER RUSSELL 1871–1963 ARTICLE - his book was entitled Atomic Suicide

An Early Warning

August, 1954. "It will not take many years to utterly
destroy the... encircling protective walls which surround this
planet and protect the earth from burning up by the sun's hot
rays," Walter and Lao Russell, Newsletter of the University of
Science and Philosophy.

April 6, 1989. "Scientists reported yesterday that for the
first time they have detected an increase in "biologically
relevant" levels of ultraviolet radiation reaching the ground as
a result of the ozone hole over the Antarctica. This is the first
indication that the depletion of ozone... is beginning to cause
the potentially harmful effect that has long been predicted."
(Washington Post)

A Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma
In a way, the abrupt emergence of Russell's astonishing
hypothesis is in keeping with the peculiar tradition of the
ozone story, a tale rife with riddles and ironies. "One of the
most striking features of the ozone controversy [is] the extent
to which 'outsiders' played a crucial role in identifying the
threats to the ozone layer." (The Ozone War, page 11.)
It was James Lovelock, now famous as the author of the
controversial Gaia Hypothesis, who first found CFCs persisting in
the stratosphere. Making the historic measurement required an
ultra-sensitive device. Unable to obtain any funding for the
research (he was dismissed as a "crank"), Lovelock built the
delicate tool himself, using his family's "grocery money."
Ironically, Lovelock thought the chemicals might serve as
useful "tracers" for atmospheric study, and said they posed "no
conceivable hazard." "I bombed," Lovelock frankly admits. "It
turned out I was sitting on a time bomb." (The Ozone War, page
9.)
Sherry Rowland, who while on a "fishing trip for new ideas"
happened to hear early rumor of Lovelock's measurements at a
conference coffee klatch, was no more a part of mainstream ozone
research than Lovelock. In fact, he was not an atmospheric
scientist at all, but a chemist specializing in, of all things,
the chemistry of radio-isotopes. He and Molina, a young research
assistant fresh from receiving his PhD, never imagined that their
study would plunge them into the eye of a national cyclone of
controversy.
If Russell is right, and manmade nuclear reactions prove to
be at the root of stratospheric ills, then Sherry Rowland's
involvement provides one further irony: prior to his becoming
interested in the fluorocarbon work that led to the ozone
finding, he was funded by the Atomic Energy Commission. His area
of research? -- the chemistry of atoms produced in nuclear
reactions.

See second paragraph down - this is an inactive forum, but Russell's article is still there.

LINK

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 am
Profile Personal album

Post Atomic Suicide
Suzanne, Remo, All,

There are several threads in Suzanne's post of today that I will correlate with dialogues with Bob in separate posts.

But what I want to bring up now is Walter and Lao Russell's dire warnings about the use of atomic energy and to thank you, Suzanne. for bringing their work up now as that confirms for me that there is relevant information in their writings. I have several times been on the verge of bringing their work to the Forum. My daughter presently has my copy of Atomic Suicide and when she comes in a couple weeks will ask her to bring it. But I also have had it on my mind to get out my the Russell's Home Study Course from their University of Science and Philosophy which I subscribed to in 1963. I have two of the large type of notebooks containing the 12 units of these studies. I contacted them in 1963 only to learn that Walter had just days before made his transition. Because of the timing and who knows what else I corresponded with Lao for a number of years, at least 20 years, before losing touch and still have a file of our correspondence some where. Only occasionally do I come across someone who knows of their work and yet their influence on my life was tremendous. Walter was of course years older than Lao but their love and relationship continued on over the maybe thirty years she survived him. I know their love was a model for me and I have connected it with the Divine Couple (shall I call it archetype?) Boehme refers to in the post I wrote about Eros yesterday. She even had a photographic image of him behind taken after his passing.

Thank you, thank you, for bringing this up. I have files, books, etc all over the place but have never let the Home Study Course (in mimeograph form with most of Walter's drawings and charts) out of my hands and keep it close always, I guess because it became such a large influence in my life. Bob even dreamed of Walter not too long before his (Bob's) transition. I must find that dream because it was classic. Not in the dream but once in this reality we had gone to hear Lao when she was on a speaking tour in California and we and she with us made such a memorable heart-felt connection.

With love,
Ann

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Atomic Suicide
murraycreek wrote:
Suzanne, Remo, All,

There are several threads in Suzanne's post of today that I will correlate with dialogues with Bob in separate posts.

But what I want to bring up now is Walter and Lao Russell's dire warnings about the use of atomic energy and to thank you, Suzanne. for bringing their work up now as that confirms for me that there is relevant information in their writings. I have several times been on the verge of bringing their work to the Forum. My daughter presently has my copy of Atomic Suicide and when she comes in a couple weeks will ask her to bring it. But I also have had it on my mind to get out my the Russell's Home Study Course from their University of Science and Philosophy which I subscribed to in 1963. I have two of the large type of notebooks containing the 12 units of these studies. I contacted them in 1963 only to learn that Walter had just days before made his transition. Because of the timing and who knows what else I corresponded with Lao for a number of years, at least 20 years, before losing touch and still have a file of our correspondence some where. Only occasionally do I come across someone who knows of their work and yet their influence on my life was tremendous. Walter was of course years older than Lao but their love and relationship continued on over the maybe thirty years she survived him. I know their love was a model for me and I have connected it with the Divine Couple (shall I call it archetype?) Boehme refers to in the post I wrote about Eros yesterday. She even had a photographic image of him behind taken after his passing.

Thank you, thank you, for bringing this up. I have files, books, etc all over the place but have never let the Home Study Course (in mimeograph form with most of Walter's drawings and charts) out of my hands and keep it close always, I guess because it became such a large influence in my life. Bob even dreamed of Walter not too long before his (Bob's) transition. I must find that dream because it was classic. Not in the dream but once in this reality we had gone to hear Lao when she was on a speaking tour in California and we and she with us made such a memorable heart-felt connection.

With love,
Ann

Hello Ann, This gets more astonishing all the time. I will soon tell you in detail about my meeting with Lao Russell in about 1971 or so and seemingly conveying a message to her from Walter which to my surprise she did not think was possible. She seemed to have the idea that the dead were in some kind of unconscious repose - I can't recall the word, something like enfoldment. She showed me his grave - so very sad she said to be apart from him - and I felt no wonder that she feels all alone when she thinks they cannot be in communion. As I was leaving, she still was sceptical about the message. I said something like, whether she thinks it is possible or not that he is conscious, that her husband may like for her to move his cosmic paintings downstairs from her living quarters to the main museum area for the public to see." When I visited a few years later, they were prominently on display downstairs.

Remo will understand about this perhaps. I think we are starting to engage in multiple interlocking messages such as this famous experiment in trying to prove survival:

Frederick Myers (1843-1901), a brilliant scholar and one of the founders of the Society for Psychical Research, reportedly communicated to spiritualist mediums all over the world shortly after his death. Myers may have decided that the best way to prove that he still existed after death was to send a series of messages through different mediums. The Myers communications assert that the afterlife is divided into stages, each with its entry phase, a period of development, and a period of preparation for the next higher stage.

Suzanne

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:58 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Bob's Walter Russell Dream
January 23, 2006 (less than 2 months before Bob's transition}
(as dictated to me, ae)

Ann and I were attending some kind of a literary artistic gathering with hung paintings, book signing tables etc., with many people wandering about drinking wine and tea. We got separated and I met an interesting elderly gentlemen, short and stout, and we got to talking and I started telling him about all the things I was doing in retirement and where we lived and how we lived and he was moderately interested so I told him how I had gotten ordained and so I could marry some of my children and a few others and he challenged me on the legality of my ordination since I didn’t study but I assured him I had checked it out and it was okay and I started quizzing him about what he did and he was a writer and I saw Ann coming from a distance through the crowd and told him that she was a writer also and that I wanted to introduce her to him and asked him his name and he said his name was Robert Bly and I got excited and said I had read some of his writings and felt that I had recognized him from his book jackets and mentioned that I was into drumming which I knew he encouraged. I then mentioned as Ann was still approaching that she was more interested in writers like Walter Russell and he said he was a good friend of Walter’s and that Walter was at this same gathering so I then introduced Ann and Bly and started to tell Ann that Walter Russell was at the gathering and Bly looked up and said oh here he comes and I will introduce you and so this very elderly gentleman approached us and as Bly began to introduce us both the dream ended.

Comment: When I was telling him about Ann I mentioned that we had been married 58 years and he was astounded. I could name the dream Ann and I meet Bly and Russell. It was an exciting moment.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Bob's Walter Russell Dream
murraycreek wrote:
January 23, 2006 (less than 2 months before Bob's transition}
(as dictated to me, ae)

Ann and I were attending some kind of a literary artistic gathering with hung paintings, book signing tables etc., with many people wandering about drinking wine and tea... and I saw Ann coming from a distance through the crowd and told him that she was a writer also and that I wanted to introduce her to him and asked him his name and he said his name was Robert Bly and I got excited and said I had read some of his writings and felt that I had recognized him from his book jackets and mentioned that I was into drumming which I knew he encouraged. I then mentioned as Ann was still approaching that she was more interested in writers like Walter Russell and he said he was a good friend of Walter’s and that Walter was at this same gathering so I then introduced Ann and Bly and started to tell Ann that Walter Russell was at the gathering and Bly looked up and said oh here he comes and I will introduce you and so this very elderly gentleman approached us and as Bly began to introduce us both the dream ended.

Ann, This is a repeat of a paragraph I had written above:

"I had a brief episode one afternoon during that time where I was somewhere unknown and asking about Lee and was told he was away doing the important project about how to make the recordings better. I wondered, they have machines over there for what? They said they would tell him I was asking for him. Then that night, I find myself in a scene where a large group of people are walking across a grand plaza, I suppose what we picture as a suitably majestic spot in some heaven or other. They dwindled down as some walked away, to only a few, and then just one man approached me. It was my Lee."

I almost added this picture as an illustration of what the moving group of people walking together had looked like - an impression of the scene rather than a duplicate of the surroundings I saw:

From what you have written here, I believe that the man at the center of the group I saw would have been Walter Russell, who as you well know was called The Leonardo Da Vinci of the 20th Century. I do not know who the second man next to him would have been. This is the famous painting, the School of Athens, the academy of the philosophers by Raphel.

Raphael's Plato in The School of Athens fresco, probably in the likeness of Leonardo da Vinci. Plato gestures to the heavens, representing his belief in The Forms. (online description)

I do not believe the pointing finger is what the speculations say. It was Leonardo's device to express the central secret he was trying to convey in his paintings. I need not go into that now.

LARGE DELETION from privacy concerns - on hold elsewhere

P.S. Maybe we need Michael over on this thread. He has worked with a survival researcher. I will give him a link over here from his blog thread.

Last edited by Suzanne on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:28 am
Profile Personal album

Post BCI - Octopus
Remo,

I'm trying to catch up with loose ends, one being my Octopus BCI around osteoporosis which you already have addressed in part somewhere above. It feels natural to refer to her as a she and I am impressed at how easily and readily available she is--almost always there--totally spontaneously given and compatible like a helpful good friend.

With love,
Ann

BCI Feb 5, 2008
I bring my back pain (osteoporosis) into the belly. My thinking easily stills. The image of an octopus arises immediately in the area of the belly, This is where she lives. She is white and with large eyes, very friendly appearing. Two of her 8 arms go into my legs--one in each--reaching down into my feet. Two arms go into my arms. Two more of her eight arms go up my spine and the two others are free to reach into other parts of my body, available on each side to make adjustments, regulate body chemistry, circulatory and other systems for optimal health and co-ordination. My contact with this octopus being is through her eyes. That way I entreat her help and express my gratitude and appreciation for help given and for accelerated healing.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:59 am
Profile WWW

Post Shanendoah Valley
a few thoughts on the region . . . I am NYer and came there through love - my wife's family from there back 400 years; my four kids conceived and born there. I've always found the valley to be a magical place . . . we have pictures all over the house by a local mountain folk artist Linda Gourley . . . I met her once in a studio show and told her I owned one of her wood cuts of a woman with a body covered with eyes and a snake around her . . . I said it was almost identical to a painting by Abbess Hildegaarde von Bingen in the 12th century . . . she had never heard of the artist . . . never been off the mountain . . . I was startled by the murders in Blacksburg (Virginia Tech) last year as it is my region and we have land close by in the hills . . . I'd a dream in NY years before of flying to a mountain top and meeting a woman flying there to a temple - met my wife the next day - met the mountain a year later . . . felt the Virginia Tech deaths brought an awakening - an opening - as deaths do . . . learned today as I sent a manuscript around to a few friends and professors that because of the murders John Lennon's mythical white grand piano has been donated to Virginia Tech and believe it now resides there in Shanendoah Valley . . . in fact, the centerpiece of my manuscript was about John Lennon's grand piano . . . an old friend had been trying to get it published but died not long ago - Marshall Fishwick; he taught at Virginia Tech and Washington & Lee . . . what people don't understand about this part of the old South is that unlike most of the North American continent the Chanendoah Valley and parts of there Souther thereabouts has a woman's soul and an African heartbeat; the South is matriarchal black and white and the heart of Africa beats there in everyone who relates to the heart. The experiences I had there were transcendent - moving away was like going into a dark place without inner life. Whenever I head South from New Hampshire I only start to feel right when I drive into the Valley. It was, of course, the place where wholesale slaughter first began in the modern world - 40,000 killed in a few hours. In a job interview once at Washington & Lee at Lexington I offered that the Dalai Lama be invited to speak at Lee Chapel, where Robert E. Lee and Traveller are buried. Did not get the job. You all might be connecting in the Unconscious because UM has become a sanga; a sharing sympathetically of the spirit. I myself connect with my long dead father with relative ease - he appears to abide in his sleep in a Catholic cathedral in Montreal and comes forth to offer valuable help primarily to endorse my controversial work.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Post Reply to Spirit Communication
Suzanne wrote:
From your experience with the survival researcher, does just turning on a blank tape ever really succeed in a clear communication?

Our research was conducted in order to study psychic mediums in a quadruple blind study. The preliminary study was positive, and the second study was a bit more across the board.

I've seen evidence that "voices" may be interpreted in recording on silence, but I've never tried it myself. Would be a fun experiment to try on your own if you have a tape recorder.

I had an event Saturday night where I was feeling light-headed. I laid down to go to sleep and felt a rather scary presence in the room. On the brink of sleep, I could've sworn I heard a laugh. I knew I had nothing to fear, but it got the best of me and I wished it away.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Your post with the School of Athens is funny to me since we just talked about it, and the fact that Da Vinci painted himself in as Plato, in my Cinema review session last night.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:17 am

Post Mostly about communication with the Beyond
Hi Suzanne,

Back to places in your today's posts that relate to things that have come up for me in dialogues or otherwise since Bob’s transition. Up to that time all of my experiences I would categorize as being in communication with persons on the other side lacked the emotional intensity and life changing impact of Bob’s disappearance from physical form, with the exception of Lottie who had taken care of me since my birth until I was six when my parents separated and my mother and I moved away and not too long afterwards Lottie was killed. I sensed her presence with me for the rest of my childhood and believe she was my guardian angel both in and out of her human form and even now. Communication with all others, even my parents, involved completing unfinished business or generational healing. It is so different when the heart, when the other who is no longer physically present is the Beloved, or “the one and only.” It is that kind of undying love that I am coming to believe characterizes one's true other half—the one soul in two bodies—which Boehme and others such as “Sophian” Gnostics, mystics and certain Alchemists refer to as “healing the breech” between the two halves of an original one, whole soul.

Lee is surely someone with whom you have a deep soul connection but the nature of it no one other than you can or should try to second guess. I love the picture of the Magdelene sitting with a candle before a mirror and the two flames burn as one. I’m not at all sure exactly what is meant by such terms as “twin flames,” “soul mates,” “twin souls,” etc. I guess it is all only speculation except for that which our deepest recognitions and longings tell our hearts is so.

Thank heaven for notebooks that when we need to be reminded of who we are and what our life is about show up to remind us. And even meaningful recurring themes in the form of myths and images: Divine Beings plunging from the heavens into dark waters and then the light as swans that guide to safely. Beautiful.

And then from the ancient mythic realm to the technology and the mind as computer screen and the computer itself as higher intelligence or High Self.

Maybe ten or so days ago Michael posted a Terrence McKenna web video on the Shamanic Approach to UFOs. I found it fascinating and watched it several times and then other videos I found on You Tube, particularly one on his Zero Timewave which like the conversations and acting out of your grand daughters with the message “Time is running out” and having meaning for you, them, all of us, simultaneously and on several levels at once.

On the subject of language and communication in other dimensions or realms, my mom made a study of paranormal communication in her book about a 16th century Spanish mystic. This manuscript is titled Mary of Agreda and the chapter on language is at http://www.clcpress.com/agreda/agredachp10.htm
But as to variations as to how individuals experience the ease or limitations of language in other realms, I think what Terrence McKenna suggests on the subject of UFO experiences applies to communication in the Beyond. There is simply a lack of consistency in experiences and it is best to accept this and not try to line all the ducks up in a row. I personally find the telepathic explanation broad enough to allow for differences.

And even within all the books based on personal experience and recent research on survival there seems to be inconsistency which maybe just go along with the territory.

What I have gotten from Bob and from early on is that he has an assignment which involves assisting souls who are for one reason or another earth bound or “frozen in time” and who need assistance in find release or a way out and back onto their soul journeys. This is very much the same as he did when in a body and functioning as a shaman, that is moving back and forth between realms. So it makes perfect sense to me that Lee would also have an assignment that he would have been prepared in this life to assist with in the Beyond. Bob’s assignment seems also to involve preparations with my and other help concerning Murray Creek as a place of refuge if it comes to that. But again that is nothing new and a call we responded to when we found and bought this place in 1973. I guess it could be said to be a “thin place.”

The subject of appearance and age and health has also come up in the dialogues, mostly within indirectly relevant contexts. One time Bob advised I not get too attached to the picture of him I put on the web and that I also have beside my bed as that really isn’t a true likeness at this point. In dreams and my visit to him in the library early on and of which I do have full recall he looked much younger and totally healthy. What I surmise is that there is an optimal point reflection of health that in the Beyond the soul takes on. But I really haven’t given it much thought. But I would have to say your description of a 35 year old Lee sounds right, unless reason for being otherwise,

But I found the play out interesting in which you questioned the younger image but when you went off to the small less lighted “safe feeling cubicle" you could say “I know this is him. This is the feeling of his presence as it always was.”

Where you describe a situation in which he seems ill and trying to wrap something around himself for protection and then he explains the difficulty of using words—that this takes too much energy. There is probably something important but not necessarily literally being communicated here. Communication with words can be difficult whereas telepathy when this is working two ways, at least it seems to me, can flow with ease.

It could also be that an appearance of illness could be a call to prayer or for help of some sort for the one on the other side. Not as when we would pray for someone still embodied but for some detrimental influence to be the subject or focus of our sending light or love—that these would be the medicines needed by the soul for some further movement or growth. Or if Lee says “It takes too much energy,” a gift or channeling of energy from you.

What I experience as different from physical contact and intimate expressions of touch is that in the case of subtle bodies there is an exchange of “essence.” My experience even before Bob’s transition is that this is a higher form of intimacy and happens in the natural course of “the two become one.” My guess is that this may be related to what the Gnostic Gospel of Phillip describes as the sacrament of the Bridal Chamber. I would have to say that even when still in bodies it is possible for the physical expression of love to gradually move to a higher frequency of an exchange of spirit and soul “essence.”

I love Stephen Foster’s Beautiful Dreamer and from childhood have carried this tune in my head so that reading the words you included the music sang along in my head. Your dream kiss to the forehead is a beautiful, and an indelible and eternally true memory.

Suzanne writes:
Quote:
Hey, are we crazy, or what!!!(' ')

I wouldn’t want to take a vote on it.

Suzanne writes:
Quote:
P.S. Maybe we need Michael over on this thread. He has worked with a survival researcher. I will give him a link over here from his blog thread.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

With love,
Ann

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Shenandoah Valley
Bernie Quigley wrote:
a few thoughts on the region . . . I am NYer and came there through love - my wife's family from there back 400 years; my four kids conceived and born there. I've always found the valley to be a magical place . . . we have pictures all over the house by a local mountain folk artist Linda Gourley . . . I met her once in a studio show and told her I owned one of her wood cuts of a woman with a body covered with eyes and a snake around her . . . I said it was almost identical to a painting by Abbess Hildegaarde von Bingen in the 12th century . . . she had never heard of the artist . . . never been off the mountain . . . I was startled by the murders in Blacksburg (Virginia Tech) last year as it is my region and we have land close by in the hills . . . I'd a dream in NY years before of flying to a mountain top and meeting a woman flying there to a temple - met my wife the next day - met the mountain a year later . . . felt the Virginia Tech deaths brought an awakening - an opening - as deaths do . . . learned today as I sent a manuscript around to a few friends and professors that because of the murders John Lennon's mythical white grand piano has been donated to Virginia Tech and believe it now resides there in Shanendoah Valley . . . in fact, the centerpiece of my manuscript was about John Lennon's grand piano . . . an old friend had been trying to get it published but died not long ago - Marshall Fishwick; he taught at Virginia Tech and Washington & Lee . . . what people don't understand about this part of the old South is that unlike most of the North American continent the Chanendoah Valley and parts of there Souther thereabouts has a woman's soul and an African heartbeat; the South is matriarchal black and white and the heart of Africa beats there in everyone who relates to the heart. The experiences I had there were transcendent - moving away was like going into a dark place without inner life. Whenever I head South from New Hampshire I only start to feel right when I drive into the Valley. It was, of course, the place where wholesale slaughter first began in the modern world - 40,000 killed in a few hours. In a job interview once at Washington & Lee at Lexington I offered that the Dalai Lama be invited to speak at Lee Chapel, where Robert E. Lee and Traveller are buried. Did not get the job. You all might be connecting in the Unconscious because UM has become a sanga; a sharing sympathetically of the spirit. I myself connect with my long dead father with relative ease - he appears to abide in his sleep in a Catholic cathedral in Montreal and comes forth to offer valuable help primarily to endorse my controversial work.

Hello Bernie, (short deletion here) Some kind of great inner work seemed to be happening but all shrouded in shadows - some hidden group work for healing of the body of the world soul. No words. No specific images. All of this was happening only in shapes and swirls of the color black. The notion would come to me once in a while that it is not necessary for me to do something. Just do what Remo has told us - passively observe with no will to make things happen. It is in that state that the work can be accomplished during human observation. (short deletion) I thought I should post a picture for Ann of two other remarkable old people in Virginia I used to know. Their picture is to represent the other ones I do not have pictures of. I also wanted to post an article from around 2002 from a Fredricksburg newspaper that had said in effect, where is Kurt Leidecker now that we need him to challege the illegal attempts of the Bush administration to scrap our essential frredoms and the separation of church and state that Thomas Jefferson had considered one of his most significant achievements. I think Ashcroft was up to no good at the time. But I can no longer find the article in the archives on the Internet

I will have to start writing these selections with far less regard for punctuation and spelling, or my two finger slow typing will make it take forever.

In the mid-1960s, I went to night school of the Northern Virginia extension of the University of Virginia. I met there two professors and became very close to them and their wives equally - all now deceased. I know that I am permitted to freely give their names in full. Dana and Lorraine Roblee and Kurt and Elsa Leidecker. Dana was the best friend of the scientist I call Lee in my many above posts. I cannot give any more hints about his identity at this time. Dana was greatly revered among educators for creating a classroom style of having the room of students divide up into small groups arranged in circles of desks facing one another. On the first night, he and his wife who had to always be with him because he was seriously ill with MS, announced that they work as a team, as though we can almost consider them as one person in asking questions of either one, although they do have their differences occasionally. They work only as faciliators to guide us about how to do the discussions and come to our own conclusions over any topic or chapter we were assigned. All this would be given as a summary of the individual viewpoints and then an over all group conclusion by the designated moderator of the day toward the end of class. All discussion was done in those groups with rotating moderators and secretaries. Some of this had in part been derived from the earlier work of Carl Rogers. I was in a class with them in the summer of 1964 called Child Growth and Development because in the Fall I was going to be attending the Washington Montessori Institute to become a preschool teacher. At the end of the semester, the students were to turn in a written report of what they had gotten from the class that they also each read out lot to everyone. One college age kid said she had taken it to get a few easy credits only, but now she wanted to really do something to help people. A middle-aged man said my wife and children and I are now volunteering at a center for distrurbed children. Some were leaving the last night going down the hall in mini-groups with tears in their eyes - saying they never expected a simple class like this to change their entire outlook on life for the better. I was the only one in that class who continued to know them afterward.

I had to take the bus many miles at night to get home because I could not drive and my husband had to stay home with the baby. I was out at the bus stop one night in front of the highschool where the classes were held, and a car pulls up. The wife rolls down the window and says, "We can't leave you standing out here alone in the dark. We will drive you home." Actually a neighbor of theirs did the driving because Lorraine had to constantly attend to the possibilty that Dana would go into spasms from the MS. They joked to the students the first night that if Dana ever looked like he was about to keel over onto the floor in front of us - don't worry about it - because she would take care of the situation. She actually was a reknown teacher of the deaf during the day, but for the night classes she came with him because otherwise he would have had to retire. They did not do this huge many miles longer loop-around trip for me just once but every time over weeks until a student was found who could take me. Thus the three of us became fast friends and eventual co-workers. He would see people with troubled children for free in his home, and she taught me how to show children who could not hear how to form sounds only with clues from mouth formation and the hand to feel the vibration of the sound. We had a class in an Episcopal church one summer as an experiment in mixing deaf and hearing pre-schoolers together. Then they had to move to Maryland to a house that had handicapped wide doors because he had deteriorated into a wheelchair as well as he had to give up being a professor and finally retire. It was at his funeral in 1970 that I saw Lee sitting in a front pew. Briefly he and I talked with each other out in the foyer of the church. He was so startled that at first he must have thought he had dropped dead himself or was seeing a ghost. The conversation took place in a kind of code. I said that the last time I had seen Dana alive was on Lee's birthday. He asked if everything was still the same between us - and I said something like the same but not the same... leaving the meaning hanging. We didn't even talk about how either one of us both knew Dana in the first place. I was with someone else who was driving, and it was very awkward to try to say much, and suddenly we were in a situation where we quickly had to go our separate ways. Afterwards, I wanted to hit myself in the head - why did I do that to him, he will be so bewildered and hurt, he will think he is not everything to me any more. A few weeks later, Lorraine had invited me over to her house for the afternoon. I told her there was someone at the funeral I wanted to ask her about. I tell her the older man young girl chaste affair from afar romance story without giving enough details for her to guess who he might me. Come on, she said, I can't guess. Tell me his name. So, I did. Oh my God, she said, Dana's best friend - the last man on earth I would have suspected. He is so up there in his head like the eccentric proverbial absent minded professor, neglectful of his realtionships with most people, and who can only concentrate on his endless scientific pursuits and philosophical speculations - that I never thought he could have another side to him. Well, what an interesting match, but I can see it now, it makes sense. I found out that she fully believed in many mystical matters.

That summer, I started having some very alarming dreams about my One and Only. I concluded he was in great despair - maybe even to go so far as to kill himself. I called Lorraine and said, something is wrong with him, I'm very worried and afraid for him, can I pretty please beg you to call him for me since I can't? She called me back to say he sounded fine, working 16 hours a day on an important project, he said everything is going well for him. I said, oh, he is just lying about that, I know it. Then she said, I shouldn't tell you this, but his wife is out of town. So, I said I am asking your permission for me to call him now just as soon as we get off the phone. Do it she said, if you really believe it is necessary. His first words were, "I feel like I have just been resurrected from the grave." A kind of break neck speed hour-long conversation took place, covering everything we could think of, because he said this would have to be the only contact and never repeated. He said he had a destiny that he must fulfill. Nothing can stand in the way of that. There were things he was supposed to do for humanity. But he had reached a point where he was going under and almost didn't want to live any more. He said he would take this amazing coincidence of our being able to have this one conversation as a sign that he should endure his suffering and carry on with what he must do. He said, well, have you ever heard about Edgar Cayce or anybody like that, perhaps not the best example but a well known one? Yes, but maybe it is not exactly reincarnation at all but some kind of repeating types and prototypes, I said. He said I give you my permission to meet with me in the other dimension when I call to you. I said, is that the echoing of my childhood name Sue that I sometimes hear. Yes, his reply. Mine: Why is there that reverberating sound?

I reported to Lorraine that he had said I'd have to meet him in the other world. Oh, how wonderfully crazy she said, I love this strange story we are living. He said I cannot contact him directly, but he did not exactly say that it cannot be indirectly through you. OK, she said, I will be a go between once in a while but never indicate to him openly that it is happening. She moved to Florida a couple of years later. Once in a while I would get the notion to call her long distance. Then she would say, Guess who I just got a letter from a couple of days ago? I will read it to you. I said that there is a way to let him know that I do know everything he says to you which is only fair. Send him the book I gave Dana that would be the last one he read before he died. Tell him you thought he would want to have it. Write in the front blank page only 1 and 1/2 in numerals. He will know what that means. For some years, various ethereal adventures took place, where he was designated not by his name but with the term, The Companion. But one night I found myself walking down a hall to see him, the impression was that this was something more realistically happening, and then into a room where a woman was sitting in the dark and seemed not well. She was dozing in the chair. She said, Who are you? I said, You don't really know me. But I will go and bring him back to you. I found him elsewhere and tried to tell him that he should stop what he was doing and go check on her, but he was not moving. I tried to shove him, but my hands just went through him. I concluded that I had to put the notion into his mind like it was his, adding some little litany about only if it was his will and God's will too, and then he stood up and started walking in the right direction. Suddenly, from that night on he never appeared in my dreams again until he died.

Bernie, I am not quite sure why I have told you these specific things. As I have mentioned before to Ann, you can tell that these tales are being written as a narrative often in the present tense as the ideas come into my mind. I can only type with two fingers, so I cannot write something down by hand and then type it into the computer later. It would take days that way. Now we get from Dana and Lorraine to Kurt and Elsa Leidecker. Kurt was also a professor at the University of Virginia extension night classes up here in Arlington. Here is who else he was in this scheme of things. Remember, mentioned above, the newspaper asking in effect, where is Kurt Leidecker now that we need him to openly and boldly condemn what Bush and the gang were trying to do some years ago about violating the separation of church and state.

Kurt and Elsa with Nehru and Tagore's son.

4/24/2004

Dr. Kurt F. Leidecker's spirit is an unseen but powerful presence at the Religious Freedom Monument on the Washington Avenue Mall.Founder of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for the Study of Religious Freedom, he began the tradition of annual services at the Religious Freedom Monument and was responsible for its relocation to its present prominent location.

The Thomas Jefferson Institute was but one of the many achievements of the Mary Washington College professor who was known throughout the world as a scholar, philosopher, author and humanitarian. His academic specialty was Oriental thought, including the cultural and intellectual relationships between the Orient and the West.

At age 19, Kurt Leidecker already was an avid scholar when, in 1921, he arrived in the United States from his native Germany with a trunk full of books. Becoming a U.S. citizen in 1927, he earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Oberlin College and his doctorate from the University of Chicago.

A lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II and the months following, Leidecker compiled a two-volume German-English technical dictionary of aeronautics, which was used as a basic text in starting the U.S. space program. Always patriotic, he was a longtime member of the American Legion.
He met future wife, journalist and teacher Helena Maria "Elsa" von Muller Leidecker, when he was a teacher at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. During the 1950s they traveled to India where he was a Fulbright Scholar researching Indian philosophy and religions. He was also cultural affairs consultant for the U.S. Embassy in Thailand and an instructor in the Foreign Service Institute and the Peace Corps.
Leidecker was the author of numerous books and scholarly articles, including textbooks on Sanskrit and scientific German and a definitive biography of American educator and philosopher William Torrey Harris.
The Leideckers came to Fredericksburg in 1948. A professor of philosophy at Mary Washington, he developed a strong Asian studies program reflecting his lifelong efforts to promote understanding between American and Oriental cultures. He also promoted unity between the city and the college.

The Leidecker home at 306 Caroline St. was a gathering place for visiting Asian dignitaries. It was filled with artifacts from their world travels. In the yard was an Oriental garden designed and maintained by Leidecker.

His establishment of the Thomas Jefferson Institute in 1974 commemorated the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, which Thomas Jefferson drafted in Fredericksburg in 1777. Leidecker called the statute "a beacon to the people of Europe" expressing "tolerance for all."

In Fredericksburg, he was honored as recipient of Mary Washington College's Washington Medal and the Daughters of the American Revolution's Medal of Honor.

In his last days, Leidecker was busy cataloging his library and Oriental collection for the college's use. He died Nov. 17, 1991, at 89; Elsa Leidecker died Feb. 20, 1989, at 84. They willed their historic home to Mary Washington College.

The Mary Washington College Board of Visitors established the Leidecker Center for Asian Studies in his honor in 1998. The center supports interdisciplinary study of Asia and sponsors seminars, conferences and an annual lecture series. It also promotes academic and cultural exchange and public workshops.

and

Marking religious freedom's local link
Religious freedom events taking place next week
By JESSICA ALLEN

Date published: 1/8/2005

Thomas Jefferson was the Martin Luther of his time, says Dr. Robert Kravetz, a Stafford County physician.
Martin Luther, the originator of the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century, believed people could talk to God directly--no intervention from pastor or priest, he said.

"Thomas Jefferson took it a step further by saying that not only did we not need anyone, but it's nobody's business but our own," Kravetz said. "We can choose to share [our religion] or not; as Jefferson said, the 'opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor under their jurisdiction.'"

(I'll leave the spacing here uncorrected.)

Kravetz will be the guest speaker at the Religious Freedom Day celebration on Jan. 16.
The event will be at the stone monument on Washington Avenue that commemorates Jefferson's drafting of the Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom 228 years ago.
Prior to the annual ceremony, there will be a panel discussion Thursday at the University of Mary Washington titled "Virginia's Statute for Religious Freedom: What did Jefferson really mean?"
The two speakers represent liberal and conservative perspectives on the topic.
Joseph Loconte, the William E. Simon Fellow in Religion and a Free Society at The Heritage Foundation, a Washington-based conservative research institute, said the founders had a profound respect for religion.
"They believed in the institution of separation of church and state, but not separation of faith from life," he said.
The Rev. Barry Lynn is executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, a Washington-based liberal watchdog group. The political and educational organization works to guarantee freedom of religious and nonreligious thought and practice for Americans. It has led the opposition to President Bush's proposal to expand federal funding for faith-based social services groups.
Efforts to reach Lynn this week were unsuccessful.
The event at 7:30 p.m. at Mary Washington is sponsored by the local Religious Freedom Committee, which formed in 2002.
Fredericksburg has celebrated its link with religious freedom for decades.
In 1974, Kurt F. Leidecker, a professor emeritus at Mary Washington College who died in 1992, urged the Fredericksburg Bicentennial Commission to "commemorate in some way the establishment of religious freedom here in its plans for the city's celebration in 1976 and 1977," according to The Free Lance-Star's archives.
Leidecker, who founded the Thomas Jefferson Institute for the Study of Religious Freedom, asked the City Council in 1976 to move the Religious Freedom Monument from its original place on the Maury School grounds to the northern end of the Washington Avenue green near Pitt Street.
The Knights of Columbus, which had held observances at the monument on Columbus Day since 1955, later joined in the Religious Freedom Day activities.
In recent years, the Catholic group has held parades and organized ceremonies. The Thomas Jefferson Institute for Religious Freedom became a part of the University of Mary Washington.
Pete Needham, a member of the Knights of Columbus who is organizing the events, said he has sent out 130 invitations to members of the religious community.
"We want everybody with or without a religious affiliation in the parade," he said. "That includes atheists, Muslims, Christians, Jews and agnostics."
------------------
As a much later addition, I am making a few items in this paragraph bold.

I must have met Kurt in his Philosophy I & II and Oriental Philosophy in the late 1960s. I met Elsa during that time frame, and for some unknown reason she said, sometime you must come down to Fredericksburg to visit with us. I thought, she doesn't even know me, so why is she saying that? Not too long afterwards, I had a dream there was a circle of people sitting in a wooded location with a teacher or guru with them. Elsa came forward toward me and took me by the hand and guided me to sit down upon the ground and join with them. The fulfillment of this did not take place for another 20 years in the 1980s. I met Kurt again at a meeting in DC. I started going to some meetings of a group he had founded. Elsa was let's say a kind of tempermental personality at times, but for some reason she was always as sweet as can be around me. They both invited me one year to come down with a guy friend since I was divorced at the time and spend Christmas Eve with them. I had a dream the night before that Elsa and I were sitting at a table talking about something. Then she seemed to ask me what I thought about that. My answer was only that I drew a giant circle in the air as my reply with my finger. When I was at the Eve get together, we went into the dining room and sat down for a light mid-evening meal. Elsa said she had just finished reading the most amazing book by a writer who you would never suspect could do such a magnificent mystical work. He writes, she also said, those other dirty and awful things sometimes. It was a novel about the great axial age of when Socrates, Buddha, and others who all lived within a relatively short time frame. She asked me if I had heard of it: Creation by Gore Vidal. I said, yes, I have read it. I told her that Vidal had actually intended to have only a big circle O on the front of the book as the title, but either he or the publisher thought better of it and gave it a title people could recognize in a bookstore. (Later addition 8-10-08. In one of my old notebooks, I saw recently that in a TV interview, Gore Vidal actually mentioned that big circle O as indicating "The Shining Emptiness".) Kurt and Elsa gave me two gifts that night for Christmas. One was a leaf, sealed in plastic on a backing, from an actual offshoot tree in Ceylon reportedly taken from the original Bohdi Tree in India, that no longer exists, under which the Buddha had attained Enlightenment. They had a shoot given to them as an honor from the government of Ceylon that had grown into a small Bodhi tree in a pot that was in the same room that night with their Christmas tree. While he and I were in his library, I picked up a book on his desk and opened it. There was an oriental version tale in there of mirrors being set up in a chamber with candle light to illustrate I guess to some ruler by a religious personage the cosmic illusion-reality of infinite reflection of the One. I recalled my dream when I was 17 of having to look for Lee in such a hall. I said to Kurt, I think this was meant for me. He said I can't give that to you, I am supposed to write a review of it for a magazine. I insisted I am supposed to have it even if that sounds crazy. He said, alright, I believe in you, so you can take it now, but I will have to take it back if they ask where is my review. It wound up staying with me. Note: 8-10-08, I have found the book again that Kurt gave me over 20 years ago. I will quote soon later on this thread the passages in it about the Hall of Mirrors.

Bernie, I will have to save the Walter and Lao Russell chapter of this ongoing saga of the mystery of why some kind of special "crazy" people are attracted to this area you also love - for Ann later today. The Beatles' song, "Hey Jude" was part of a vision with sound that I had about the deceased Walter right before I met Lao for the first time in the early 1970s. Have to get a few more hours sleep now. Here is a link for you to an original song by the singer himself called Old Virginia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzvoQSzRJl4

This is the desktop windows picture I have on my computer as it starts up - our mountains - near the Shenandoah Valley:

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Re: Communication with the Beyond -- & Love Divine
Hello Ann, You were posting while I was doing my slow typing of the latest chapter in our soul group's life - and after life - journey together.

My husband asked before he went to bed, am I manic or something that I am getting less sleep lately and communicating with those folks on the Jungian forum for hours at a time?

That means, I need to settle down and get more rest!

I will reply right now to only one topic you mentioned. Let's call it, Conjugial Love, in honor of Swedenberg.

The last time I talked with Lee in reality, during the one hour - never to be repeated - phone conversation we had in 1970 - close to the end of the call, I brought up an awkward topic. I said I had some unusual ur-uh-uh experiences with him sometimes in very vivid dreams. They were not what, you know, folks usually do when they think they are madly in love and meant for each other. There were, let's say, no anatomical parts involved with this. He said, Oh, that, it's merging. That's the way it happens for me too from my perspective. I said something to the effect that this sensation seems to be not like the fleeting exctasy that people crave, but it is something else like a bliss that is blessedness. At that he said, I feel we must end the call now, and in closing I will say something that I have never said to you before because we met when you were so very young, and I did not think it would be right to say it, and also because I truly love my wife in our own way. These are my last words for now, "Good night, Sweetheart, until we meet again, whenever that may be."

Suzanne

Edited to add. It is 10:46 AM. These three hours, or whatever, sleep episodes have to stop. I can do that on the weekend and get a long stretch. The psychiatrist I had in the late 1990s, who had done extensive research through the National Mental Health Institute, said to me that I was not any more psychologically unstable than a so-called normal person, in fact I seemed more stable in many ways. He said in this case it is neurological and has to be dealt with that way, not by endless sessions of counselling for my supposed emotional problems. He got the mood swings under control that had originally been triggered by Prednisone by adjusting the psych meds the public clinic put me on, and then he began slow careful years of tapering me off a bit at a time from all of them. I came into his office one day and said I had learned how to use a computer and the Internet - even with only being able to do two-finger typing. The printer I had at the time used the long rolls of paper with perforations for separating them rather than as separate pages. I said, I know YOU won't mind, and I rolled out across the floor a series of web pages I had made in only a few days with written material, photos and other illustrations, and music selections all coordinated. He looked really quite delighted and said something like, it looked like that was quite a productive - what I had termed a - mini-mania. That is where the speeding up occurs but then slows down in momentum harmlessly on its own with no crash or flip to the depression phase. Then another day, he opened what he was saying with, "People like us..." - instead of people like you. We people need to learn how to pace ourselves and balance all the factors that can keep the mind and body in relative stability - that's a paraphrasing. Folks find out about my years in the public health system, and they sound surprised and say they have only rarely heard of anyone who succeeds in coming out of it all and staying out and not needing any medications. WARNING: The Scientologists are nuts to say that psych meds are never needed or that people should not take them or should just stop taking them -- without very careful precautions.

The first thing my husband said to me this morning: "I think we are going to have a good year together. We are growing closer." He is someone who suffers terribly from his schizophrenia. I try to be nice but then get impatient with him. Then I even go so far as to try to pray for him. Nothing works except that he never has to be hospitalized - which is phenomenal in itself. It occurred to me a few days ago that I should stop trying to do something for him to make him better. This probably comes from things that Remo says about wu wei or whatever that is. So, instead I have just been entering into that sense of being in a center of peace and calm and then tossing an arm over him while he is sleeping. Remo is right, do not try to send something to the other, just Let It Be. Bernie will appreciate the reference to the Beatles' again.

During the three hours BCI-semi-sleep this morning - there was a period of no activity - a rest phase - and then are was only one scene before I awoke. People were darting around to and fro in a world depopulated, hiding here and there, trying to find refuge. They were being hunted down in some way. That was all it showed. It did not frighten me or make me feel ill afterward because it was perceived from the witness state of mind. However, I did check headlines when coming onto the computer.

1. US warns Iran over nuclear centrifuges
A top US envoy warned Iran Friday that its pursuit of more advanced uranium-enriching technology would intensify the long-running international standoff over its disputed atomic drive.
Posted Feb 8, 2008 07:30 AM PST
Category: IRAN

The US government, , ever desperate to conjure up some kind of justification for a military attack, continues to bark its warnings, trying to get traction.
But the more it barks, the more the US government reminds the citizens of this country of how the Iraq war was sold to us on a pack of lies.

2. U.S. anti-missile ship arrives in Israel
TEL AVIV — The U.S. Navy has sent an Aegis missile defense ship to Israel.

The USS San Jacinto has arrived in the Israeli port of Haifa as part of U.S.-Israel naval cooperation. San Jacinto contains the Aegis missile defense system, designed to intercept medium- and intermediate-range ballistic missiles developed by Iran and North Korea.

San Jacinto, a Ticonderoga-class vessel, docked in Haifa on Feb. 4 and was scheduled to remain in the port for three days. Officials said Israel Navy officers would tour the Aegis cruiser and receive briefings on the missile defense system.

Aegis, which contains the Spy-1A radar, has been developed by Lockheed Martin. The U.S. company has briefed Israel on Aegis as an option to enhance the nation's missile defense network.

In 2003, Israel and the United States held the first missile defense exercise that included Aegis. Since then, Aegis was said to have become interoperable with Israel's Arrow-2 missile defense system.

Officials expect the U.S. Navy to increase visits to Israel in wake of a decision by Russia to reestablish a presence in the Mediterranean. The first U.S. Navy vessel arrived in Israel in late 2007 after an absence of six years.

3. Syria acquiring Russian rockets at 'furious' pace

Security official: 'It's like a return to the Cold War'

-------------------------------

Is time running out this time, or will the crisis reverse without incident like during the 1960s Cuban Missile Crisis?

-------------------------------

That's all for now. I have to do ordinary real world things now to stay in balance. Running errors like going out early and getting things for my husband at the store since he can't drive - not to mention getting a plan going to do the tape recorder thing - I just happen to have "very unusual" headphones - it's a technicality. They are not noise-canceling but maybe it is called noise elimination. The cute little trick to getting enough sleep if absolutely necessary is to use Benadryl for allergies to reset a longer sleep cycle. Even the public psychs will tell you that. It's legitimate. I will do that this weekend.

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Re: Reply to Spirit Communication
Michael wrote:
Suzanne wrote:
From your experience with the survival researcher, does just turning on a blank tape ever really succeed in a clear communication?

...I've seen evidence that "voices" may be interpreted in recording on silence, but I've never tried it myself. Would be a fun experiment to try on your own if you have a tape recorder.

I had an event Saturday night where I was feeling light-headed. I laid down to go to sleep and felt a rather scary presence in the room. On the brink of sleep, I could've sworn I heard a laugh. I knew I had nothing to fear, but it got the best of me and I wished it away.

--Suzanne says: Michael, the scary thing can be something that is in need of transformation by only the simple method of radiating love calmly as a response to it. On the other hand, the old Christian exorcist method works great, "Be gone, Satan." The word Satan actually means Adversary and other things, so we need not picture a creature with horns and pitchfolk ready to drag us down to hell forever. There are potential dangers but not when we are centered in a repose of love and trust that we will be protected.--

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Your post with the School of Athens is funny to me since we just talked about it, and the fact that Da Vinci painted himself in as Plato, in my Cinema review session last night.

Michael, A few nights ago I was able to find out what some of my Special Soul Friend's patents were for... I better not say too much... electronic breakthroughs in some related stuff of interest to us here. One is almost hilariously funny because it is so very specific. I admit that I think it is totally nuts to set up a recorder with a blank tape, and run it in silence like you say, and then see what happens - but I am going to do it anyway this weekend.

Suzanne

Friday night 8:32 PM - it is my night off folks, I need to get a long stretch of real sleep.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:41 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post The transformed vampire
Suzanne wrote:
My husband asked before he went to bed, am I manic or something that I am getting less sleep lately and communicating with those folks on the Jungian forum for hours at a time?

Suzanne

Perhaps you contact anew your transformed vampire, the good doctor?

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 am
Profile WWW

Post Rhythmic Balanced Interchange
Suzanne,

Good call. Mountain climbing to the rarefied air of higher altitudes calls for the protocol of gradual descent and extra rest on lower levels.

Elephant also advises me not to over tax him with the total responsibility of keeping my blood pressure in lower levels.

With heartfelt love,
Ann

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post Shanendoah
Suzanne - Delighted to hear your history. All my karma is tied up in the region. My father-in-law - named Lee - was a professor at U. of Virginia in the '60s teaching in the Eng. dept. when Faulkner was there. (My mother-in-law used to say, "Faulkner! No small talk.") My wife was the first child born in that hospital in Fairfax in '61. Our first son was born there as well quite by coincidence (around '84). We stayed in Monticello on the way home from our wedding. Lee was also the first dean at the George Mason University which I guess is big now. I prefer Mary Washington; still has the flavor of the Old Dominion. I write about Jefferson all the time. In fact, what I have been doing these past three years is re-teaching New Englanders the difference between the Hamilton and the Jefferson visions.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post The transformed vampire or a variation on the Story of Job
Remo Roth wrote:
Suzanne wrote:

Suzanne

Perhaps you contact anew your transformed vampire, the good doctor?

Remo

Ooops, edited to add a very important word, smug, you will see it below. (This was added at about 6 PM, keeping a record of the timing is important.) See the addition for 9:15 PM below the cover picture of McCain.)

Good Morning, my time, Remo,

...It was a dark and stormy night...as a Gothic novel or horror movie would say as its opening lines...but not really, there was always this light of blessedness shining down upon this whirling panorama of the whole, mostly wretched, human misadventure down through the ages. I wrote some little poem when I was 18 that I no longer have. It was something like, O My Soul, various terms for the beginning of each stanza, maybe O My God, O My Fate, or whatever. The part I remember is something along these lines, "Why! are we mere mortals fated to struggle here... ALONE... never to find surcease... from the cycles of miserable fate that trace the ends upon themselves, alas, so late." Lee showed up for the next walk around the block (in 1962), which was not the next day but after a weekend or perhaps a holiday, with a mobius tape loop machine. See this, it never has to be reversed mechanically by a switch, it is an infinity cycle, it could theoretically go around forever and ever if there was a sufficient and reliable source of power to maintain its momentum and if it had fully durable parts to it. It is the little twist in the loop of the tape that makes it possible to go round and round and round ad infinitum. So, part of me would be saying, this man is so strange, it's like having a benign version of Bela Lugosi, as the mad scientist trying to create a perpetual motion machine to somehow rule the world, giving me this little lecture on something way over my head. Why do you show me these things? Because it delights me to be able to share with you what is important to me. In some ways, you do not really know me, although you do know me in important ways others do not. Before this fiasco happened to me of my being accused of doing something wrong with an underaged girl as you were in age last year, which of course I was not doing!!! - you being the prime witness that I was not!!! - MY LIFE was not so bad at all. I liked being alone with my preoccupations. I had a few real friends and my family. I would have to describe myself as having been quite content with the way things were. Actually, the word that comes to me is... complacent. Not to mention that I had a rather nice sense of humor. I sure am not very good at telling jokes currently. This event has shaken my complacency and even my faith. I have to ask, that if God does exist, why is He, or whatever the term should be for the original source, allowing this unfair situation to happen to me? I am not particularly bad at all as compared to some other people. I have to admit that I even felt rather smug about that. Those other people were doing all those wrong things with their superficial lives, but I was not. Maybe that indeed was my problem, my own flaw. All I can say is that I feel that my life as I have known it, since I got married and had the stability and satisfaction of my having a family -- MY LIFE that I cherished has been reduced to ashes. There is a story about a mythical bird, The Phoenix, I think it is called. It perishes in flames only to rise again from the ashes. I am that bird, but I do not know what the outcome of all this will be, what is that which will arise out of the ashes that will still be myself? Do you understand what I am saying?

No in one sense, but yes in another.

I knew you would understand on some intuitive level. I think you do.

Edited to add at 9:15 PM. OH MY!!! During my few hours break from the computer, I suddenly realized that if only a picture, instead of words, was to be used in a dictionary to define the word SMUG - no more perfect illustration could there be than THAT EXPRESSION on McCain's face. This equals smug for sure. Holier than thou! I am better than the rest of you out there. The sin of ultimate pride that cannot be forgiven without true repentence and a transformation and renewing of the mind.

As you can see, Remo, the TIME cover was not really about John McCain - or that can be another urgent alternative interpretation in the exterior realm - but that whatever it is of Lee that still exists, he is communicating mostly in symbols and illustrations and synchronicities to trigger recall of things we talked about over 40 years ago. He indicates there are some symbols to show to you. They have to do with gifts that he and I exchanged during that time. Also he wants to compliment you on your being a wise facilitator of the forum by staying in the background most of the time and only stepping forward occasionally to add your comments as needed. He says the narrative about his best friend Dana will illustrate this method for being able to guide mostly passively in order to be a catalyst for the change for the better in other people lives that needs to come from within themselves. He says these things without words, they are like thoughts of one's own. Exterior voices are not to be heeded. Audible voices even from within should not be listened to.

It is about 4 in the afternoon now. He says to stop trying to complete a narrative all at once because it takes too long. Just snap them up there onto the Net in sections at a pace that is comfortable to do. Then the momentum will be smooth and easy and not interfere with ordinary every day life activities.

The other chapters of the ongoing saga will get here when they get here.

Suzanne

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile Personal album

Post I Ching - the power of the motionless and silent watchers
Remo Roth wrote:
All

I asked the I Ching: What do you think that my post could trigger. The answer was #26, without any change in the lines:

Quote:
26. Ta Ch'u / The Taming Power of the Great

above KêN KEEPING STILL, MOUNTAIN
below CH'IEN THE CREATIVE, HEAVEN

The Creative is tamed by Kên, Keeping Still. This produces great power, a
situation in contrast to that of the ninth hexagram, Hsiao Ch'u, THE
TAMING POWER OF THE SMALL, in which the Creative is tamed by the
Gentle alone. There one weak line must tame five strong lines, but here four strong lines are restrained by two weak lines; in addition to a minister, there is a prince, and the restraining power therefore is afar stronger.

The hexagram has a threefold meaning, expressing different aspects of the concept "Holding firm." Heaven within the mountain gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding together; the trigram Kên which holds the trigram ch'ien still, gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding back; the third idea is that of holding firm in the sense of caring for and nourishing. This last is suggested by the fact that a strong line at the top, which is the ruler of the hexagram, is honored and tended as a sage. The third of these meanings also attaches specifically to this strong line at the top, which represents the sage.

THE JUDGMENT

THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.
Perseverance furthers.
Not eating at home brings good fortune.
It furthers one to cross the great water.

To hold firmly to great creative powers and store them up, as set forth in this hexagram, there is need of a strong, clear-headed man who is honored by the ruler. The trigram Ch'ein points to strong creative power; Kên indicates firmness and truth. Both point to light and clarity and to the daily renewal of character. Only through such daily self-renewal can a man continue at the height of his powers. Force of habit helps to keep order in quiet times; but in periods when there is a great storing up of energy, everything depends on the power of the personality. However, since the worthy are honored, as in the case of the strong personality entrusted with leadership by the ruler, it is an advantage not to eat at home but rather to earn one's bread by entering upon public office. Such a man is in harmony with heaven; therefore even great and difficult undertakings, such as crossing the great water, succeed.

THE IMAGE

Heaven within the mountain:
The image of THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.
Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

Heaven within the mountain points to hidden treasures. In the words and deeds of the past there lies hidden a treasure that men may use to strengthen and elevate their own characters. The way to study the past is not to confine oneself to mere knowledge of history but, through application of this knowledge, to give actuality to the past.

Remo

This reply to Remo was not written tonight the 10th of February. It was written about 2 mornings ago.

Hello Remo, The phone woke me up earlier than I had intended and it seemed I should just go back to sleep. Well, I'm up now anyway, having coffee with my husband. I can take a nap later. I do need more sleep - or it can become bonkers for real. I intended to say here today that I need a kind of vacation and should slow down this process. Well, a few minutes ago I came online to pay my car bill. Suddenly it occurred to me that I should drop in here and tell you how I got into college without good enough grades and without ever taking any of the usual SAT or whatever they were called tests usually required to get in. We did not have the money for me to go to college, but the Veteran's Administration made a determination that they would pay something that my mother thought was not nearly enough. When my father died, the conclusion was made by the Veteran's Administration that he had died from "a military service connected disability" because most likely he could have lived years longer - his brother lived to almost 100 and others in his family generation to 80s and 90s. So, 64 was young for him to kick off. Perhaps the men on the medical examiner's board cheated a bit in this decision because he had been one of them, and they had watched his deterioration from Flash Gordon as they called him to what appeared to be a very sad ending. Apparently they had been indulging him and letting him stay in his position for another year until his retirement age, because he had even been falling asleep at his desk during his last year alive. Finally, he went as an inpatient for a few days, weeks, I cannot recall at the VA hospital. At the start of the war, he had been considered overage and had already been declared an essential civilian needed on the homefront. But he volunteered to go on active duty and over to the war zone. He left while my mother was ill when I was 3 months old. This was the decision that forever made my mother madder than hell at him. What he did over there was supervise evacuations and even single-handedly designed (that comes from an actual document I read about his past accomplishments when he was applying for his post-war civilian position) the military hospital train cars that were used in the last days of the war. He had a rare combination of knowledge that was desperately needed. He had been in World War I over the same terrain. He also was one of the few available physicians who had public health experience and expertise in containing epidemics. I met a man once who had been a civilian train expert sent over briefly to France only to manage the mechanics of the trains. He said he met a Major Gordon who would pace back and forth up and down the platforms yelling orders to be careful in the moving of the wounded and that he would bring a blanket or something else needed to individual men on their stretchers. Also, he did not hate the Germans, but thought Hitler had to go, and as soon as he got over into Germany, he was "fraternizing with the enemy" civilians and actually adopted a family during the immediate post-war period when many Germans were in devastated areas and starving, and he sent CARE packages to that family up to the time he died. 

I used to have some of his written diaries from the period that he could get away with keeping against military regulations because they contained mostly personal impressions and not details that should not fall into the hands of the enemy. In one part though, he described his going with his driver in a jeep up and down the roads hour after hour to map out by actual ground reconnaissance how to create the best evacuation routes. He was supposed to stay back well behind the lines in non-combat areas and not risk his own life. On one occasion, he got so far forward, that American troops started yelling and hailing him down. They said over one more hill or two, and he would have driven straight into the Germans. My mother used to stay up late at night, getting drunker and drunker so she could get to sleep, and rant on about how he had always done so many god-damn crazy things to save other people but not himself and his family. Considering that I was only 13 to 17 when she did this routine, one of her sayings had been when she would get very angry with me about something, "You are just like your father. You god-damn idealists are all alike. As long as you are alive, Harold Gordon will never be dead." This of course on one level did not make sense. I cannot recall the age, but mid-teens when raving Mother was in one of her, "he just had to do it, he had to go over there again when he wasn't required to," litanies for hours. I had come across in a book of decorations for bravery of physicians who had served in World War I what my father had gotten the "Distinguished Service Cross" for when he was captain of an ambulance company. This kind of far outdoes even what Hemingway did in his famous daring wartime adventures. 

It is necessary to digress here for a moment and say that something strange happened one Saturday when my father and I went for a walk. My brother and sister had left home when they turned 18 during this period, so I must have been turning 9 or so in age. His drinking had been getting worse, and he must not have realized that we should have stayed home that day. He layed down on the sidewalk to go back to sleep only a few yards from a major road. I was scared cops would come and take him away. He was saying something like, "Just leave me alone," when I kept trying to tell him he was not in bed but laying on a sidewalk. I was so frightened, not to mention ashamed, I hid behind the tree next to him, so the people driving by would not see me. Finally, I decided to get up my courage to come out from behind the tree and literally order him to get up, "You are not in your bed, you are laying on the sidewalk, and the people driving by will see you, get up now I say." That did it. I had succeeded in talking him into getting up, but then I had to hold onto his one arm to keep him walking in the right direction. He literally did not know where he was going. It was step, step, step, pause, next step, step, step, pause. It seemed to be taking forever. We had gotten about halfway back - and then some eerie thing happened, like a moment frozen in time, I could recall the exact spot years later, when he suddenly said, "Why didn't you leave me behind and go home." I said, "I didn't think you could find your way back on your own." He said, "From now on, I will know that, even though you are only a child, I can always rely on you to look after me." It was as though some kind of Epythany - like a light was somehow shining upon the scene. It was so weird, and I had no idea what had happened in my child mind.

When I found this description in a book after he had died about decorations given to physicians, and saw what he had gotten this medal for, something like the second highest honor possible right behind the Medal of Honor, under the then assigned designations of that WWI generation - I handed it over to my Mother during one of her rants. (I may be getting some of this military lingo wrong, but such little details are important to ad.) She read it again and got big tears in her eyes - it is so very very amazing - and she immediately turned into Madeleine for a short while, saying that this had been the man she had fallen in love with and had married even though she was many years younger than he was. 

Full Text Citations For Award of The Distinguished Service Cross
World War I - To Members of the U.S. Army 

[align=center]Image
[/center]

GORDON, HAROLD J. 
Captain, U.S. Army 
148th Ambulance Company, 112th Sanitary Train, 37th Division, A.E.F.
Date of Action: November 4, 1918

Citation:
The Distinguished Service Cross is presented to Harold J. Gordon, Captain, U.S. Army, for extraordinary heroism in action near Hearne, Belgium, November 4, 1918. Although in command of an ambulance company and not required to work so far forward, Captain Gordon voluntarily crossed the river and sought out wounded among the troops in the advance line. Finding two severely wounded men, he gave them first aid under withering machine-gun, rifle, and shellfire, arranged such shelter for them as he could, then sought assistance to carry them on to safety. Returning with three men of his company, the bearers placed one of the wounded on an improvised litter, while the other was carried on the shoulders of the officer until the latter was exhausted. The fire becoming more intense, the wounded man was placed on the ground and encouraged by the officer to crawl to safety, the latter crawling beside him and protecting him from the enemy's fire with his own body.
General Orders No. 9, W.D., 1923
Home Town: Cleveland, OH

I said to her something like, "What does this mean? What happened?" She said, "It was a crazy god-damn thing to do." But when she had asked him years before, why when he fell down with the man on his shoulders, he did not leave as the machine guns had opened up firing and bullets were flying in the dirt all around them. She said the wounded man had said, "Go and save yourself. I cannot crawl any farther." Then my father got an idea. He said, "No, I will not leave you behind. You will make yourself crawl with me to the river, and I will shield you, or we will die together." The man then found a sudden burst of strength, not to be able to save only himself, but to not let the one who was helping him also die. The last scene in the good twin-bad twin movie Dead Men Walk the other night was of the funeral of the good man, the physician twin who had held onto his brother in a fierce struggle during the raging fire, to hold him there until daylight when the rising sun would shine upon his evil twin, and the vampire curse would be broken and his soul be freed. I had to replay the struggle scene and hear the words of the hero - as his brother taunts him, something like, I am not going to watch it again to get it exactly correct (it is the impression that is important), "Let go of me now you fool or you will die with me in the flames! The good twin replies that he would die in the fire if he had to rather than let go of his grip that holds the evil one till dawn. The sun comes up, the vampire is vanquished and the evil twin now truly dead. But in this moment of triumph of good over evil, most horror movies in those days ended on a positive note, there is a shocking turn of events, for only a moment later the building collapses in upon the good man and he also dies. What kind of bewildering awful disappointing ending is that! Scene goes immediately to the funeral service. The minister standing in front of the altar says, a quote from the New Testament of course, "There is no greater love than this, that someone should lay down his life for his friends". (John 15.73) When I went to my father's funeral, I really knew nothing about him other than that he had been a doctor in the war. The service was held at Ft. Myer chapel, and he was buried with full military honors with a 21 gun salute and an elaborate ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. We never had any visitors into our home because of the drinking and shouting between Mother and Daddy. Suddenly, before my eyes was this huge crowd of distinguished looking people in attendance. There were representatives of all the military services, foreign dignitaries from several nations, and all his civilian colleagues. At the gravesite, I could not remember a thing that was said, but the minister's voice broke, and he began to cry. A few grown men in dark suits began weeping also. In my little child mind, I was asking, "Who was he that they are honoring him like this?" 

Now back to when I got into college. It appeared to be an impossibility because my grades stank and were something on the order of C-. At 17, I was sent to the VA counseling office. The name of the man covering my case was Harold J. Smith. Not only did he have the same first name and middle initial as my father, but he also looked like him in general build and hair color and hair line. I told Mr. Smith about the drunken mother, and that is why I got bad grades. I had already in effect run away from home in the middle of the night when she went completely berserk and tried to choke me. He became my champion. He sent stern representatives over to her office at the hospital where she worked, and she was presented with an order that she would no longer be in control of my funds although I was underage. I also think my mother had been trying to marry me off and would not allow me to date boys my own age. They had to be 10 to 20 years older. So, it was a 35 year old, she had initially approved of, who was paying my rent at an all girl's apartment house near George Washington University where I was supposed to start college. But there was this little problem that I did not qualify academically. Mr. Smith sent me to be tested, and supposedly I had a high I.Q. He arranged for a special arrangement that if I could pass entrance exams, I would be accepted without any SATs or whatever else was needed. Well, that turned out to be no problem. I made high scores and was in one of the highest English placement categories when classes began. Then there was one final step. The assignment was an impromptu essay on any topic from a personal standpoint to be completed in a set brief time. The lady teacher on the day of the results said that there was only one A and that she was going to have the student read it to the whole class - the only one that was going to get read to everybody. At the moment I cannot recall the title. It started out that my girl roommate and I had been talking a few nights before about the looming threat of nuclear war - since this was the early 1960s cold war years - and the last line was something to the effect, that a WWIII could mean that after all the eons of struggle for mankind to rise up out of the mud and the mire... (shucks, I am not going to even try to improve this awkward construction now) that what a waste of such hard fought effort that all life may now perish from the earth. I also said something about it would be the final disgrace of the human race. I didn't want it to rhyme, but I couldn't think of a better word to end on, because the clock on the wall was showing there were only a couple of minutes left. That girl who was my roommate had a frightening painting, she had done herself in bizarre almost psychodelic colors, up on our wall of our unit which got nicknamed something like the demon baby*, and she used to play a record in our apartment over and over again, and the lyrics went like this:

*correction, I think it was called atomic baby but also looked like a demon baby

LYRICS/TRANSCRIPTION:
We'll All Go Together When We Go: Tom Lehrer [1959]

When you attend a funeral
It is sad to think that sooner or
Later those you love will do the same for you
And you may have thought it tragic
Not to mention other adjec-
Tives, to think of all the weeping they will do
(But don't you worry.)

No more ashes, no more sackcloth
And an arm band made of black cloth
Will some day nevermore adorn a sleeve
For if the bomb that drops on you
Gets your friends and neighbors too
There'll be nobody left behind to grieve

And we will all go together when we go
What a comforting fact that is to know
Universal bereavement
An inspiring achievement
Yes, we all will go together when we go

We will all go together when we go
All suffused with an incandescent glow
No one will have the endurance
To collect on his insurance
Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go

Oh we will all fry together when we fry
We'll be French fried potatoes by and by
There will be no more misery
When the world is our rotisserie
Yes, we all will fry together when we fry

Down by the old maelstrom
There'll be a storm before the calm

And we will all bake together when we bake
There'll be nobody present at the wake
With complete participation
In that grand incineration
Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak

Oh we will all char together when we char
And let there be no moaning of the bar
Just sing out a Te Deum
When you see that I.C.B.M.
And the party will be come-as-you-are

Oh, we will all burn together when we burn
There'll be no need to stand and wait your turn
When it's time for the fallout
And Saint Peter calls us all out
We'll just drop our agendas and adjourn

You will all go directly to your respective Valhallas
Go directly, do not pass Go, do not collect two hundred dollahs

And we will all go together when we go
Every Hottentot and every Eskimo
When the air becomes uranious
We will all go simultaneous
Yes, we all will go together
When we all go together
Yes we all will go together when we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One day when Mr. Smith had told me it was all set that I would be starting at GWU, I thought, is there anyone I know who would even care about this? Of course, the old teacher who told me to promise never to lose contact with him. So, I got in a phone booth, got his work number, and called him. Of course the spider said to the fly, "Come right on over," into the nice cozy little web I have woven for us. Except that there was nothing sinister in all this. He was floating around on Cloud 9 like a big overgrown kid as he showed me around his very unusual office filled with contraptions in varying degrees of assembly. He was radiating sublime contentment as we settled in with him and me on opposite sides of his desk - safely apart so to say. He said, "I do not know if you will know what this means, but I feel a sense of completeness now that you are here with me. I knew you would come someday." He just sits there smiling and saying nothing for the longest time - doing his megawatt staring into my eyes routine. Then he decided to call his wife and tell her he and I were going to lunch to celebrate my acceptance at college. Well, it seems this woman had concluded that since she knew I was dating a 35 year old, that a 50 year old might also be on my agenda of conquests. So, without his telling me why his mood had changed - after this call - so drastically, he said she had reminded him of something else he had to do. So, he walked me to the door to say goodbye. How big a Goodbye, I had no idea. Zam, suddenly there is this one second kiss and he steps back just as quick as can be to arms length. Duh, why did he have to do that like an ordinary guy and ruin everything, was my confused reaction. I just turned around and walked out the door. That weekend I wrote him a strange message but was unable to give it to him because when I called him on the next Monday, he said he could never see me again. One day, when I was at Mr. Smith's office, I told him I seemed to be going insane over an older man and wanted his advice. I handed the oddball message to him, and he looked it over and said something along the lines of, "Do you always write like this? This is amazing, like out of a Gothic novel." The main theme of this brief note: "You and I have chosen to see ourselves in each other and each other in ourselves." Mr. Smith also became the champion of this mystic romance, after having Lee come to his office in person to check him out as crazy or sincere, and a strange arrangement was made of the walks around the block being allowed. I knew Mr. Smith for many years, and he introduced me to his wife, and after he retired, I could call him at any time. I wondered why he was so interested in my case. One day close to the last time I was in his office, he said that he had great tragedy in his own past and in his childhood which as a professional he had no right to reveal to me as his client with any details. (Code of Ethics, you know, that Jung had an overwhelming propensity to violate.) He gave me some book to borrow with a chapter in it about Goethe, but I do not remember why this was so.

I have a theory that I cannot definitely confirm. My father was the son and grandson of Methodist ministers, but over the years he had become an atheist, or at least an agnostic. One of his sayings was that people either had to have religion to control them or a damn good set of morals to guide them. I think I know where he got his philosophy of life to live by. Lots of people have seen the movie Magnificent Obsession... However, far fewer today know about the novel that preceded it. It was called, Dr. Hudson's Secret Journal. Quite a few years ago, I got that out of the library for some unknown reason because I read mostly non-fiction. My eyeballs started popping out. My mother was bitter that my father used to do things for people without expecting anything back. She was hopping furious that there were no savings and she had to work after he died, and she was madder than hell that there was no money for me to go to college. She was raging mad that a man he had helped send through medical school - "paid every damn penny of it himself which should have been our money if something happened to him. Instead, he has left me having to struggle to survive and support you. That man, she named his name, sent only a condolence card, he who wouldn't even be a doctor today without what your father did for him, he did not even offer to help us now." In one of her drunken rants, she said that my father had told the man, don't ever let my wife make you pay her back, no matter what she says. That is not the bargain. You must help other people. Where would he get such a peculiar idea? It is all in the novel...

She also said, He never should have gone to the war, he had no right to do that, leaving her ill at home with a new baby. He had to go over there and save all those other people. What did he get afterward for his service - a damn piece of paper! It was called a Certificate of Merit. I will have to try to remember what it said, I do not have a copy handy, and it would not be on the Net. Something like this... Presented to... HJG... for service above and beyond the call of duty for supervising the evacuation of 10,000 wounded by land, sea, and air. Ah, a mere piece of paper of gratitude, seemingly worth nothing. The night before my father died, Hurricaine Hazel was raging through our area. He got out of bed, put on his clothes, opened the door, and went walking alone at night in the storm. When he came back and closed the door, my mother had a familar litany, "Why did you do such a crazy thing as that?" He said nothing. He just looked over into my eyes and still said nothing. He went in and went back to bed.

The next morning after my mother had gone to work, I found him fallen over the side of the bathtub and seemingly unconscious. I went and called my mother and said something seemed wrong with him. But - that was only after maybe too much of a bit of hesitation - when I went back to my room until he could sober up to hear me tell him to get up, but then I came back to check on him again. You do tend to find drunks on the floor in an alcoholic home, and then after a while they get up and go back to bed. After the call to my mother, I had some strange feeling that I was supposed to stay nearby him this time, I couldn't just leave him alone. So, I stood there motionless and silent, like the sentinels you can see at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier, watching whatever it was that was happening to him. I did not want to think of death being the outcome. But then he was vomiting and finally was turning purple in color. I heard an eerie sound, it must have been the death rale*, the collapse of the lungs. Why was it taking so long for my mother to get home? Why wasn't an ambulance coming? Later some people thought that maybe she even took the risk that he could die rather than come home and find out he was only drunk and passed out again and have that happen in front of an ambulance crew. She would be so embarrassed. She would shout often to me in her drunken repetitious litanies, "It wasn't my fault. You didn't call me in time." She said this to a 10 year old.

*Definition of RaleRale: A type of abnormal lung sound heard through a stethoscope. Rales may be sibilant (whistling), dry (crackling) or wet (more sloshy) depending on the amount and density of fluid refluxing back and forth in the air passages. The word rale is a straight steal from the French rale (minus the circumflex accent over the a). In French, a rale was originally restricted to the death rattle (le rale de mort). After Laennec invented the stethoscope in France in 1815, he borrowed the word rale to apply it to the less ominous, albeit still abnormal, lung sounds he heard through his newfangled instrument.

Next chapter soon. Clue:

Mother said, "Where did he get all those crazy ideas he had about helping others without asking for anything in return? I wish I knew! He has ruined our lives with them. I do not understand it!"

A novel done in diary form about a World War I era physician, published in 1939.

Remo, Some of you Europeans on this forum may well understand quite a bit better than some Americans why these compositions have to be done in the form of a literary tour de force under a very brief set time limit in order for this to be somewhat convincing as similar to the Myers correspondences. This is of course small potatoes as compared to Dante and Beatrice, Petrarch and Laura, and so forth. But this will have to do from a two finger typist. Apparently, the error of some alchemists was in interpreting symbols in a material manner instead of their indicating an esoteric significance. (Deleted a few details here suw to privacy concerns.) A tape recording machine may not really be needed. There is another way - the better way that Lee was supposedly seeking - on the other side. I must listen in the silence to the still small voice within that is soundless, and it may appear to be happening now by way of his orchestration, and yet it all ultimately derives from the One Source. Meister Eckart said that there comes a point in our approach toward the Godhead... hmm, I'll save the rest of that for later. 3:10 AM

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:07 am
Profile Personal album
Founder

Post Re: About the process of communicating with the Beyond
Suzanne wrote:
Hello Ann, After the incident of amazingly being able to move all the storage boxes from one side of my daughter's garage to the other last week, a few days ago I was able to open some of them up after about 10 years. The first thing I pulled out of one was a dream and vision notebook from 1982-1983. It seems that the same themes repeat on and off over the years.

The first one was a vision that would fit the Eros and Psyche pic farther up this thread - except it was about the Divine Being instead of the One and Only love. It ended with a plunge from the heavens over a vast expanse of ominous dark water and then seeing two rows of swans lined up like exqusite beacons of light to guide the way to a safe landing. The Swan is a big item in the symbology of Leonardo Da Vinci's work, for instance his Leda and the Swan - the union between a mortal woman and a god in the form of a swan.

Suzanne

Have a look at this:

Image Image

Source: The Androgyne, Fusion of Sexes, by E. Zolla, Thames and Hudson, London, 1981

The androgyne is the result of the coniunctio, the Holy Wedding. I realize more and more that in contrast to the Hermetic alchemical myth it happens not between the queen and the king, between god and the goddess, but between a human being and the (counter-sexual) deity.

Remarkable is the following text:

Quote:
In its heyday the rite must have wrought wonderful transformation in the diver. In Lesbos and Etruria, for example, a special clergy trained the candidate's body and imagination, and provided instruction in the myths before administering the sacrament.

This was the real waterboarding ... :evil:

Yes, I also think that you should sleep more.

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:26 am
Profile WWW

Eduard

Last edited by Eduard Klarer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:57 am

Post Suzanne: RE McCain, Shenandoah, Appalachia
Suzanne: Eventually McCain will be the Marshall Petain of the Bush age and Boy George will be the Wilhelm II - the "pre-emptive" policy is based on Wilhelm II's - Bush is very like Wilhelm; as Wilhelm hated his parents and his grandmother Victoria and strove (successfully) to bring back the Teutonic grandfather's maedevalist warrior approach, so did Boy George consider his father a wimp and see himself in a maedevalist Christian Crusader tradition. This will end for these people as it did for France in the 1930s and 40s. Pierre Laval was TIME's Man of the Year in 1931. He died vomiting before a firing squad in 1945.

There is a very good political blog in your region which I write for occationally. I proposed in one of my articles for them that Appalachia and the Shenandoah Valley would be better off as an independent republic as Jefferson intended. (New England too and California too: a smaller country is a better package for the psyche - this is actually George Kennan's idea in "Round the Craggy Hill" - he endorcsd the regionalist/separatist idea I'd initiated with a few others just before he died.) Appalachia even has a flag.

"Virginia's Natural Commonwealth" at:
http://www.raisingkaine.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=7094[img]http://[/img][img]http://[/img]

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Rhythmic Balanced Interchange
Rhythmic Balanced Interchange: The Contemplation of the One with the Other. Melding of compatible minds is the key to communication between this world and the other world, it is the better way, and is not to be done by possession or mediumship. Definition: Meld - mixing together different elements; "The colors blend well" - yet can also be mysteriously extracted into their separate parts - as in the true esoteric alchemy. The two become one and yet also remain separate beings. Distinction but No Distinction. Ultimately all creation is about One Love and One Mind being seen in its infinite myriad of facets like when a single point when made to revolve can result in such an effect as appears when gazing through a kalidoscopic looking glass toward the sky. The secret of the tiny space of separation that must be maintained between Man and God is shown as an ultimate distinction that must be maintained which is the significance of the gap and the spark between the fingers of the Creator and Adam in Michaelangelo's painting. (I can't get the wording just right!)

murraycreek wrote:
Suzanne,

Good call. Mountain climbing to the rarefied air of higher altitudes calls for the protocol of gradual descent and extra rest on lower levels.

Elephant also advises me not to over tax him with the total responsibility of keeping my blood pressure in lower levels.

With heartfelt love,
Ann

Ann, I have a message about your elephant. It's in a children's rhyme. This is in only a portion of the page I am working on, or rather I work on about 3 to 6 at a time in varying degrees of completion. The entire page starts with some references to Meister Eckhart and the phrase Only One Thing Is Needed as illustrated by the story of Martha and Mary and their contrasting ways of serving the Lord which are two complementary ways of doing the same thing. Then there is reference to the story of the Gingerbread Boy who was actually supposed to be eaten - so it is a happy ending even though the fox tricked him at midsteam into falling into his mouth. Later on down toward the end of the page there is a lot about Aldous Huxley and what he said on his deathbed. The page ends with the story of Archbishop Fenelon of France who was banished to his own parish where he dressed as an ordinary priest for being involved on the edges of the heresy Quietism and how he would have rather have been known for this as shown below, rather than, if for anything at all, than for being a Prince of the Church and and of French Literature, but even that was not needed. (I still can't get the wording just right! ...it's like a little song) Here's the illustration for that about Fenelon:

Francois De Salignac De Fenelon, French Divine and Writer Reunites a Peasant and Her Cow

In the Gingerbread Boy story, the cow is one of the animals that runs away.

Now here is the part for you. This is so funny. It is like Rex Harrison and his pupil in My Fair Lady.

LARGE DELETION for privacy reasons - on hold elsewhere

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 am
Profile Personal album

Post Re: Shanendoah
Bernie Quigley wrote:
Suzanne - Delighted to hear your history. All my karma is tied up in the region. My father-in-law - named Lee - was a professor at U. of Virginia in the '60s teaching in the Eng. dept. when Faulkner was there. (My mother-in-law used to say, "Faulkner! No small talk.") My wife was the first child born in that hospital in Fairfax in '61. Our first son was born there as well quite by coincidence (around '84). We stayed in Monticello on the way home from our wedding. Lee was also the first dean at the George Mason University which I guess is big now. I prefer Mary Washington; still has the flavor of the Old Dominion. I write about Jefferson all the time. In fact, what I have been doing these past three years is re-teaching New Englanders the difference between the Hamilton and the Jefferson visions.

Hello Bernie, I was composing a post for you last night. Sometimes I start them here but finish in a Front Page publishing web program, although not to put them on the Internet, but to make sure I do not lose them if I make a wrong click or lose the cable connection. I did want to put up a page last night since it was taken down back onto my computer some time ago, one I made for another purpose years ago, so I could use the anthem from the musical Miserable with a picture to go with it to represent the triumph of an inner not outer Revolution. I used to do chat rooms for folks with depression. This lady was saying one night that she didn't know why, but the anthem from that musical made her feel like she could triumph over her illness. So, I said, hey I'm pretty good at getting things off the Internet, I will make a webpage for you, and you can click on it anytime you want to.

I can't seem to get the FTP to work right now, so here is the more primitive version of the page without the background, and maybe the music won't work, we'll see.

Do You Hear The People Sing?

From the musical "Les Miserables"

Enjolras:
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Combeferre:
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Courfeyrac:
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

All
When tomorrow comes!

Feuilly
Will you give all you can give
So that our banner may advance
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand up and take your chance?
The blood of the martyrs
Will water the meadows of France!

All
When tomorrow comes!

Hmm, haven't figured this out yet. You have to have the music to get the effect.

Anyhow, this is what I was starting to write to you last night but did not have time to finish:

About the Founding Fathers, my friend had a really and I mean really big thing for them. One day I got this large oversized postcard with Liberty Hall on it from him. He said that the day he was writing this, he had stood in the room where the Founding Fathers had drawn up the documents upon which our nation is founded. "I felt that I could almost see and hear the great Patriots still gathered here in spirit. I hope someday you will be able to visit this hallowed place."

Well, I have to do ordinary things this afternoon and will be back here tonight.

Suzanne

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:37 pm
Profile Personal album
Founder

Eduard Klarer wrote:
Dear Remo

Around your take down here of

Quote:
"Die, before you die!" Wed Feb 06.2008

Thank you, Eduard, my Chinese brother

Yes, only if we die before we die, as you show it in your BCI, mankind and with it the universe will not die before we die ...

However, how many humans will understand this before it is too late ???

Remo

(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Post Rhythmic Balanced Interchange
Hi Suzanne,

Quote:
Re: Rhythmic Balanced Interchange
Rhythmic Balanced Interchange: The Contemplation of the One with the Other. Melding of compatible minds is the key to communication between this world and the other world, it is the better way, and is not to be done by possession or mediumship. Definition: Meld - mixing together different elements; "The colors blend well" - yet can also be mysteriously extracted into their separate parts - as in the true esoteric alchemy. The two become one and yet also remain separate beings. Distinction but No Distinction. Ultimately all creation is about One Love and One Mind being seen in its infinite myriad of facets like when a single point when made to revolve can result in such an effect as appears when gazing through a kalidoscopic looking glass toward the sky. The secret of the tiny space of separation that must be maintained between Man and God is shown as an ultimate distinction that must be maintained which is the significance of the gap and the spark between the fingers of the Creator and Adam in Michaelangelo's painting. (I can't get the wording just right!)

Thank you for the above. It is beautiful. I once bought a large print of Michaelangelo's Creator & Adam and for a time it hung over the couch in the living room.

I want to tell you the rest of a story:

Not knowing why I had written the three words given Russell in the Message to the Divine Iliad when posting to you, I afterwards googled them in quotes and the first reference that came up was a page of a musician named Iasos who has done a really nice presentation of Russell's most basic energy interchange concept. Following a link here I went to a page of videos channelling an entity from the future named Bashar. For many years I've had a prejudice about channeled material but I set that aside and looked first at a video about "going with your excitement" and got excited about Bashar. Did you look at the McKenna video Michael posted a couple weeks ago? One of the possibilities McKenna proposed was of UFOs being from the future and that was when I picked up on Bob affirming this as for him the most likely probability. Anyway, I watched the Bashar video twice and have been carrying on a dialog with Bob about listening to it several more times and transcribing some of the brief truth-resonating things Bashar says and doing a Murray Creek Blog around these to see where they lead.

Thanks for the Gingerbread Boy story. A favorite of my kids. And the flying elephant. I wish I had time to write more. So much still to responded to. Will do as I can. I have a big gang coming beginning Thursday--three sons and two daughters and their et als and a son in law to organize and boss the beginning of the restoration of the guest and retreat facilities here which we hope to have ready by mid summer. And right after the weekend I am leaving to be away until March 21st and need to think and organize all I will need to take with me.

You are in such a creative flow. My mom taught me that creative writing is best done in the heat of an emotionally charged flow and then polished, polished, polished at leisure with the analytic mind. I know the kind of inspiration that is pouring through you now can be a challenge to the body, to the nerves or whatever taps into our vulnerability. But for you there is the gift of the precious children to keep you grounded.

I had company over the weekend, a Chinese young man who is a U C at Davis Econ instructor. He came down seeking instruction in the I Ching. I went through the process with him and he got The Cauldron, Hexagram #50 without change. He seems on a roll in reconnecting with his heritage and is definitely going with where his excitement is leading him. Thank you, Bashar! Maybe that is what I should name my elephant as I'm thinking that to follow one's excitement may not actually generate blood-pressuring raising excitement but accomplish the opposite, in my case, a cessation of tugging and pulling.

For me now it's to the laundry and then the kitchen to start preparing ahead for the weekend. The osteo limits endurance but I will keep mindful of Octopus and see how together we do.

With love,
Ann

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next