UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 am

[ 1124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next
Reply to topic
 Ann's and Suzanne's experiences' blog 

Post R-EVOLUTION in expanded consciousness...

Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 am

Post RE: Twilight

I think we are at the Awakening; Seattle/Vancouver the center of East/West; the center of the world. This apple has been ripening since 1964. The apple man by Magritte is titled The Son of Man - a quote from the Book of Daniel signifying the arrival of the Chosen One. What is cool about this new book and movie which is the rage of 13-year-olds and marks the new generation is that the vampires can easily be seen as Taoist immortals awakening from the Unconscious.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: R-EVOLUTION in expanded consciousness...
Hi Kristin, Looking at the Babe above, the question arises... what happens next as he/she grows into an independent evolving expanded consciousness? This is a short intro to who Alex Grey is for those who do not know.

Last chance to see Alex Grey's gallery of "sacred art" in Manhattan - November 22, 2008

Alex Grey is an internationally renowned artist and mystic. His gallery, the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors (CoSM), based in the Chelsea art district, houses his most exceptional works and the Sacred Mirrors, a series of painted life-sized figures that explore the anatomy of the body and spirit.

A friend recently introduced me to the chapel and I immediately wanted to share it here in my first post, especially since CoSM is leaving the city at year’s end to a new home in upstate New York. You may have seen Grey’s art on album covers, music videos, art books, t-shirts, posters, even tattoos, but experiencing his work in-person is an opportunity not to be missed.

Years working in Harvard Medical School's anatomy department gave Grey the knowledge to create the Sacred Mirrors, which feature the skeletal, nervous, cardiovascular and lymphatic systems of the body. The painted mirrors take you deep into each of these layers, then the organic aspects of the figures fade, and the soul emerges. In Grey's painting, The Universal Mind Lattice, the body finally evaporates and is replaced by pure light, his vision of our divine essence.....

Grey’s Cosmic Christ, depicts numerous images of humanity’s failings and triumphs, its past unconsciousness and expanding awareness. In the CoSM book, Grey writes that he heard a voice while working on Cosmic Christ. He inscribed the words spoken to him on the base of the altarpiece.

You can never be lost.
How can you ever be apart from me?
We can never depart and never return,
for we are continuous, indistinguishable.

Throughout the gallery, the tenderly drawn and glorious images invite the viewer to linger, allowing their transformative effect to take hold. Grey’s gratitude for his own existence, love for his family, and hope for humanity are palpable and transfer to the observer. It’s truly art as alchemy.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1786-NY-Spiri ... -Manhattan

---------------------------------------

This is an interesting video where Alex Grey discusses in lots more detail
the inspiration for his rendition of the Cosmic Christ.

Suzanne

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 am
Profile Personal album
Post Alex speaks to our soul
Hi Suzanne

I love Alex 's painting. for years I have had a large poster size print of his painting showing a person in meditation with radiating matrix rays going in all direction through the body and beyond in all directions. These radiations connect the macro with the micro and show the impulses moving throughout the body and the universe. This painting is an inspiration for knowing that our sacred works connect into a vast network of awakening.

How fortunate you are to see the live paint and asorb the painters colors and forms first hand. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Since I don't know how to put a picture up here to share I hope you will get some idea from my above description.

Lately I am having everyday experiences as I go about my usual rounds of moments when I am drawn into a profound silent stillness in the midst of whatever is happening. It feels like the eternal moment seeps into the day in moments and invites a momentary imbibing of the debth of the well of peace. In this way the cosmic Christ "substance' that is the source of all is opening into spaces of the "hollowed out" body of Alex's Cosmic Christ painting. It is an invitation --by a presence saying ' See I am here always. Or as Alex heard you can never depart because you are not apart from me ever.

I do believe that this aware presence can fill all places and disappear the body into the Divine Light.

The other night as I was falling asleep I realized that everything is Hollow ---- but not empty. Indeed everything is Hallowed and filled all the time continuously.

These moments that feel like eternal time come upon me quite unexpected, suddenly, and without planning or special meditative practices. They just are here. The peace is profound and comforting and gentle. And joy of this realization increases.

God is a surprise.

love,

Betty

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:19 am

Post re: alex gray
Not much to add, just wanted to post the painting BJW is talking about.

I have it as well as the Cosmic Christ and the following 3 in my room. I'm surrounded by his work. 8)

Peace, friends.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:48 am

Post Billy Graham and Emanuel Swedenborg - a similar viewpoint
Hi Ann, Betty, Kristin, and Others,

Ann mentioned a few posts above a statement from Swedenborg about conjoined souls in celestial marriage in the afterlife that she wants to look up. I probably know which one she means. She sees Billy Graham and his deceased wife as a couple likely to still be linked by such true love. Well, instead of my coming up with that Swedenborg quote for her which portrays the two angels (that humans are after death) appearing as one at a distance but as two when approaching closely, I came across a statement from Swedenborg that is almost identical to what has been quoted from Billy Graham in his more mellow later years.

This was from a Robert Schuller TV ministry interview with Graham in 1997 mentioned some posts above with the You Tube video to go with it there. Here, I am only using the text from the transcript to compare with what Swedenborg said centuries ago.

Dr. Schuller: "Tell me, what is the future of Christianity?"
Dr. Graham: "Well, Christianity and being a true believer, you know, I think there's the body of Christ which comes from all the Christian groups around the world, or outside the Christian groups. I think that everybody that loves Christ or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the body of Christ. And I don't think that we're going to see a great sweeping revival that will turn the whole world to Christ at any time. What God is doing today is calling people out of the world for His name. Whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their hearts they need something that they don't have and they turn to the only light they have and I think they're saved and they're going to be with us in heaven."
Dr. Schuller: "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into a human heart and soul and life even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?"
Dr. Graham: "Yes it is because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, have never heard of Jesus but they've believed in their hearts that there is a God and they tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived."
Dr. Schuller: "This is fantastic. I'm so thrilled to hear you say that. There's a wideness in God's mercy.
Dr. Graham: There is. There definitely is."

The conversation above occurred between Billy Graham and Robert Schuller, who is the pastor of the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California and founder of the Hour Of Power television program. The interview was broadcast on May 31, 1997 on the Hour of Power television program, titled "Say 'Yes' To Possibility Thinking," program #1426.

Emanuel Swedenborg, an 18th century scientist and Christian theologian, wrote that good people of all religions are in heaven:

"The idea that only people who are born in the Christian religion are saved is a foolish heresy. Those who are born outside Christianity are people just as much as those living within it. They have the same heavenly origin, and are equally living and immortal souls. They also have a religious faith from which they recognize that there is a God, and that they should live good lives. And all who believe in God and live good lives become spiritual in their own way, and are saved.

"Some people object that non-Christians have not been baptized. But baptism saves people only when they are spiritually washed, meaning spiritually reborn, since baptism is a symbol and a reminder of that. Some people also object that non-Christians do not know the Lord, and without the Lord no one can be saved. But salvation does not come to us because we know the Lord; it comes to us because we follow the Lord's commandments. Besides, everyone who believes in God knows the Lord, since the Lord is the God of heaven and earth."

Divine Providence #330
First published in 1764

Source for this: http://www.leewoof.org/leewoof/GoldenRule.htm

To Ann, Just last night after I has been looking up this Swedenborg info online, a box perched up on the back of my couch slipped off and knocked into another box. There are about a dozen boxes, containing the old notebooks and other stuff that was long in storage, currently piled around me for sorting while I have this long holiday break from watching the grandkids. Some things from the two boxes fell on the floor. As I started to just dump some back into one of them, I reached down into the box first, on some impulse... and what should appear but a copy of a 5-page typed letter I sent to Lorraine Roblee in 1984. She was as I have mentioned before a teacher of the deaf. I was telling her about my reading Helen Keller's book, My Religion, that weekend. Quote: "How clearly she had learned to "see" how to find both inner and outer happiness, in spite of her severe physical limitations, because of the sacrificial love she learned from Miss Sullivan and John Hitz who first gave her Swedenborg's writings." Very recently, within the last few weeks, I had come across a newly available photo of Helen when she was a child with Miss Sullivan and saved it to my computer. I have never seen a picture of John Hitz as far as I know but decided to see if there might be one online. There was and I saved that too. I knew I had written to Lorraine about Helen Keller's religious views, but that was so long ago, I could not remember what I said. Now that I have the letter from 24 years ago, I will be able to scan in the parts that would be of interest to us here. Good timing again to have that letter reappear just when I can make good use of it.

Some months ago, when Lee was first appearing to try to teach me how to understand what he wants to communicate from the Beyond, he gave some odd seeming directions for me to try to "see" without using my eyes... kind of ridiculous... my husband wondered why I would reach into a drawer and feel around for what I wanted to find... but I did this seeming nonsense because it was at least only something harmless. Also, at the same time, Lee was indicating to be "really listening" not with ears for audible sounds but somehow with an inner hearing. This makes even more sense now when I see that in the letter to Lorraine, I quoted Helen Keller as saying, "As I wander through the dark, encountering difficulties, I am aware of encouraging voices that murmur from the spirit realm. I sense a holy passion pouring down from the springs of infinity." So, apparently it is with this other sense she describes that we can become better able to see, hear, and feel our deceased loved ones somehow still in communion with us.

Suzanne

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:16 am
Profile Personal album

Post Universalism of Swedenborg et al
Happy New Year to the blessed community following this Forum thread. And with very warm and loving thoughts for Remo for initiating, sustaining, and being the (for now silent) guiding and supporting wisdom of this Forum.

Yesterday, in going back over recent posts and continuing to connect the dots, and then going back to some primary Swedenborg sources, my eye caught a chapter title: (My [Swedenborg writing] Universal Theology). At the time I didn't fully register the impact and went on to other things. But today this looms as a "follow this" lead. So I am about to see if I can retrace the steps and read in Swedenborg's own words what may be the Truth the Angels revealed to him and that we have been actively tracing up to present times and definitively in the following dialog Suzanne posted between Robert Schuller and Billy Graham a to the future of Christianity. This was also a question very much on Bob's mind in the months leading up to his transition.

Quote:
Dr. Schuller: "Tell me, what is the future of Christianity?"
Dr. Graham: "Well, Christianity and being a true believer, you know, I think there's the body of Christ which comes from all the Christian groups around the world, or outside the Christian groups. I think that everybody that loves Christ or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the body of Christ. And I don't think that we're going to see a great sweeping revival that will turn the whole world to Christ at any time. What God is doing today is calling people out of the world for His name. Whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their hearts they need something that they don't have and they turn to the only light they have and I think they're saved and they're going to be with us in heaven."
Dr. Schuller: "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into a human heart and soul and life even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?"
Dr. Graham: "Yes it is because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, have never heard of Jesus but they've believed in their hearts that there is a God and they tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived."
Dr. Schuller: "This is fantastic. I'm so thrilled to hear you say that. There's a wideness in God's mercy.
Dr. Graham: There is. There definitely is."

What Schuller says in this one sentence is pretty much identical to words I many times heard my mother repeat concerning what her Presbyterian minister father believed (and preached).

Quote:
Dr. Schuller: "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into a human heart and soul and life even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible.

I went back this morning to some of my very first entries after Bob's transition, now 2 years and 9 months ago, and noted a two-fold purpose he communicated related to the advantage for my remaining here while he returned to spirit. The first had to do with our six children and the second to pursue what he was "on to" and while still fuzzy he referred to as a "post, post modern theology" in which progressive theological thinking (and this included Process thought) and experiential mysticism (including his shamanic explorations of other, non-ordinary realities) would merge.

I had begun this morning going through our early-on dialogs specifically looking for his first mentions and guidance to specific subjects on which Swedenborg had written. I had no recall then or have I since of his every being interested in or having read anything by Swedenborg. I didn't get far enough into the dialogs today to find these first references but did get a "hit" Swedenborg's writing are what he had been onto but without an inkling of their relevance to the Universalism he increasingly had been resonating with both theologically and shamanically.

Suzanne, I want also to note what a treasure you have found in your letter to Lorraine about Helen Keller and then how this tied in to Lee's instructions to you. I have emphasized below what I don't want to loose hold of.

Quote:
Some months ago, when Lee was first appearing to try to teach me how to understand what he wants to communicate from the Beyond, he gave some odd seeming directions for me to try to "see" without using my eyes... kind of ridiculous... my husband wondered why I would reach into a drawer and feel around for what I wanted to find... but I did this seeming nonsense because it was at least only something harmless. Also, at the same time, Lee was indicating to be "really listening" not with ears for audible sounds but somehow with an inner hearing. This makes even more sense now when I see that in the letter to Lorraine, I quoted Helen Keller as saying, "As I wander through the dark, encountering difficulties, I am aware of encouraging voices that murmur from the spirit realm. I sense a holy passion pouring down from the springs of infinity." So, apparently it is with this other sense she describes that we can become better able to see, hear, and feel our deceased loved ones somehow still in communion with us.

What stands out for me other than the obvious is the suggestion that perception in the inner and/or spirit realm relies not at all on the thinking function but on the feeling function and as this is supported and magnified by passive receptivity to inner hearing and seeing. Is this not what Remo teaches as the crux of BCI?

With love and deep appreciation for all of you and the richness of your contributions to my life.
Ann

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

Post Swedenborg
Suzanne,
For the last hour or so I have been perusing the Swedenborgian website of a University of Hawaii professor. I am totally flabbergasted by what I have been reading there, and when I got to this link, I knew I had to send it along to you for fear without having someone else to hold on to my kite string I would go into orbit. Ann
http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj/leonj/l ... -notes.htm

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:15 am
Profile WWW

Post in praise of the empty vessel!
Hey Friends All,

May you be bountiful and flourish in the days ahead, ever boundaryless, ever "a coming Buddha" ---

beautiful stuff, Suzanne, Ann and Betty, thank you many times over.....

within as without!
Kristin

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 am

Post Helen Keller's Religion - Conversion of the Heart
murraycreek wrote:
Happy New Year to the blessed community following this Forum thread. And with very warm and loving thoughts for Remo for initiating, sustaining, and being the (for now silent) guiding and supporting wisdom of this Forum.

Yesterday, in going back over recent posts and continuing to connect the dots, and then going back to some primary Swedenborg sources, my eye caught a chapter title: (My [Swedenborg writing] Universal Theology). At the time I didn't fully register the impact and went on to other things. But today this looms as a "follow this" lead. So I am about to see if I can retrace the steps and read in Swedenborg's own words what may be the Truth the Angels revealed to him and that we have been actively tracing up to present times and definitively in the following dialog Suzanne posted between Robert Schuller and Billy Graham a to the future of Christianity. This was also a question very much on Bob's mind in the months leading up to his transition.

Suzanne replies: It looks like we may be about to discover what the purpose of "the project" is that Lee and Bob and others have been working on Over There to improve communications between the spirit and material realms.

Ann continued farther down in her post: What Schuller says in this one sentence is pretty much identical to words I many times heard my mother repeat concerning what her Presbyterian minister father believed (and preached).

Quote:
Dr. Schuller: "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into a human heart and soul and life even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible.

I went back this morning to some of my very first entries after Bob's transition, now 2 years and 9 months ago, and noted a two-fold purpose he communicated related to the advantage for my remaining here while he returned to spirit. The first had to do with our six children and the second to pursue what he was "on to" and while still fuzzy he referred to as a "post, post modern theology" in which progressive theological thinking (and this included Process thought) and experiential mysticism (including his shamanic explorations of other, non-ordinary realities) would merge.

Suzanne replies: Ann, there was an elderly man that a lady told me could take Lee's place as the friend I could talk to "on your own level" as she put it. Later on I will say a lot about that person who was 81 when I was 19. He lived to be 101. For now, what is important about him is that I told him in detail many things that Lee and I had talked about. Usually I had a notebook with me, or a tape recorder, so I would be writing down or taping what I told him and what he said in reply. This material goes back to the mid-1960s. I was looking over those ideas that Lee had during 1958-1963, and they are kind of interesting... example: "He says that everything we think we know about space, time, light, motion, relativity, all that stuff, will soon be completely reformulated and that scientists will be the most devoutly religious people walking around. Atheistic materialism will gradually be on its way out within a decade or so--as the infinite complexity of both atomic and cosmic structure is revealed. Breaking through one doorway will lead but to another and another whether we are exploring deeper into the microcosm or macrocosm of inner or outer space..." More on this later. For now, I want to focus on "true religion" as Helen Keller explains it very eloquently.

Ann continues: I had begun this morning going through our early-on dialogs specifically looking for his first mentions and guidance to specific subjects on which Swedenborg had written. I had no recall then or have I since of his every being interested in or having read anything by Swedenborg. I didn't get far enough into the dialogs today to find these first references but did get a "hit" Swedenborg's writing are what he had been onto but without an inkling of their relevance to the Universalism he increasingly had been resonating with both theologically and shamanically.

Suzanne, I want also to note what a treasure you have found in your letter to Lorraine about Helen Keller and then how this tied in to Lee's instructions to you...

...What stands out for me other than the obvious is the suggestion that perception in the inner and/or spirit realm relies not at all on the thinking function but on the feeling function and as this is supported and magnified by passive receptivity to inner hearing and seeing. Is this not what Remo teaches as the crux of BCI?

Suzanne replies: Ann, It looks like the best way to keep track of Lee's current instructions is to repeat them into my mini-tape recorder right after he gives them. He does not say not to think at appropriate points in an experience. He uses sequences. He will ask, what do you think about that, or why do you think that happens, but then he may say, OK, now, it is time to stop thinking, only observe and witness the images... and FEEL, rather than think about, what the meaning might be instead... then there may be a shift back to thinking in order to be able to remember the experience on our level.

With love and deep appreciation for all of you and the richness of your contributions to my life.
Ann

(I had meant to put some pictures here of Helen Keller, her teacher Miss Sullivan, and John Hitz who put into Braille the writings of Swedenborg for Helen. My computer was not being cooperative... maybe can do it later today, Friday.)

April 17, 1984 – Selections from a Letter

Dear Lorraine,

...How long have you known me? Or at least known about Lee and me. Twenty years, since the Summer of 1964 we first met, and fourteen years on that latter point...Once Lee said to me, "Someday when you understand why we have been together, then you will know there is a God." That certainly did sound like ridiculous double-talk to me at the time. There are these "signs," of a spiritual reality, that Somebody Up There cares about us, but sometimes it takes years for us to figure them out.

How extraordinary, incomprehensible, miraculous indeed that I could meet you and Dana in your class, we spend years as close friends and co-workers with the deaf children awhile, and only find out years later after Dana's funeral that he and Lee were also dearest friends. Oh sure, that part could be mere coincidence. Yet when I came home from the funeral, I fell asleep awhile and so clearly saw an unknown man sitting on the end of my bed, smiling so kindly and wisely yet saying nothing to me about why I should remember his image, other than the strong impression left in my mind that he had something to do with you and Dana. Upon awakening, I could only think that he looked somewhat like the father of a (specific nationality) child in my Montessori class a couple of years before. When you told me two months later about your friend who had died unbeknownst to you before Dana, then it was clear who my dream visitor had been. A startlingly evidential sign to you and me that our best loved ones are possibly and probably still existing just beyond our normal sense of seeing and are not lost to us forever in a cold, cruel grave of annihilation. Do we understand these things? Yet they happen.

We "see through a glass darkly" (Note: First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians) that a mysterious and magnificent drama is going on, that we meet and part for reasons that have deep purpose, especially as we resolve within ourselves to live for more than immediate materialistic advantage and purely selfish motives. Then caring about the true happiness of others becomes not a harsh sacrifice but a real fulfillment and the substance of our own happiness. This is "salvation" from the wretched dark misery of the otherwise desperately lonely and uncaring world. I was reading Helen Keller's My Religion this weekend. How clearly she had learned to "see" how to find both inner and outer happiness, in spite of her severe physical limitations, because of the sacrificial love she learned from Miss Sullivan and John Hitz who first gave her Swedenborg's writings. She wrote:

"Therefore we should not think of conversion as the acceptance of a particular creed, but as a change of heart. It is the soul turning away from the ignoble instincts which tempt us to feel, think, speak, and act for mere self-interest and the good opinion of the world, and finding joy in the unselfish love of God and a life of usefulness to others above all things. Our choice of life is this delight--this sweet expansion of mind and heart without which no worth-while achievement is possible."

Ah, just a sweet, mistaken, dreamy-headed notion of life, some bitter people would say, even if the lady who wrote those words was obviously a most courageous, noble, and truly happy soul if one ever lived. Another passage of hers that meant a great deal to me, since I share her "sixth sense" to some degree in my own dream-vision world: "As I wander through the dark, encountering difficulties, I am aware of encouraging voices that murmur from the spirit realm. I sense a holy passion pouring down from the springs of Infinity. I thrill to music that beats with the pulse of God. Bound to suns and planets by invisible cords, I feel the flame of eternity in my soul. Here, in the midst of the every-day air, I sense the rush of ethereal rains. I am conscious of the splendor that binds all things of earth to all things of heaven--immured by silence and darkness, I possess the light which shall give me vision a thousandfold when death sets me free."

...Helen Keller had some other good lines on that subject: "There is no such thing as 'other worldliness' when we are convinced that heaven is not beyond us, but within us. We are only urged so much more to act, to love, to hope against hope and resolutely to tinge the darkness about us with the beautiful hues of our indwelling heaven, Here and Now."

...what you and I talked about last phone conversation about how even relatively self-sufficient individuals like we are, who are not desperately lonely (in the usual sense of not having somebody to party with every Saturday night), still feel a form of deep loneliness without someone presently real close to share important thoughts and feelings with. We are (relatively, not perfectly, of course) complete within ourselves, truly happy in our circumscribed world of the lively mind, yet somehow something is sadly lacking when there is no one near to share our most special insights. Here's a quote from To Conquer Loneliness by Harold B. Walker:

"What is the use of great ideas, nurtured in solitude, if we cannot share them? What is the purpose of wisdom, wrought in the fires of experience, if we cannot use it for the sake of other men and women? A full mind needs to be tempered and renewed by rubbing against other minds. Cicero once wrote an essay on 'Friendship' in which he noted that if a man should ascend into heaven 'and get a clear view of the natural order of the universe' he would find small pleasure or satisfaction in the spectacle of heavenly glories unless he 'had someone to whom to tell what he had seen.'"

...T.S. EIiot wrote the following observation of self-imposed isolation:

There was a door
And I could not open it. I could not touch the handle.
Why could I not walk out of my prison?
What is Hell? Hell is oneself,
Hell is alone, the other figures in it
Merely projections. There is nothing to escape from
And nothing to escape to. One is always alone.

This has been me. This has been you...I remember well you once told me that you were not as nice a person for quite sometime before you met Dana, that his faith in you had brought out the best that had been laying dormant for years. This should be what both friendly and romantic "love" are all about, but all too often it is just the opposite, and many so-called intimate liaisons only bring out more rottenness, bitterness, and ruin in those involved...Of course I might not be writing this letter to you now if I had never met Lee; I might have been dead and never made it to eighteen years old even...

It's so interesting to me to read the letters of tribute from your other former students which confirm in writing what I had thought about how your classes really did metaphysically/ethically "transform" many people sometimes quite dramatically into truly thinking and caring individuals in a way they had never experienced before. Typed up and enclosed for you here is a "remembrance" of you and Dana I wrote originally on April 20, 1982; I'd just been thinking about you two as one of my finest "ideals" of friendship and marriage both...Well, I won’t have to say any more here to you...You and Dana will always be an unforgettable inspiration to me. Write when you can. Please let me know the latest word on Lee too when you hear from him next. As he said long ago to me, someday we will know the meaning of it all--indeed! Yours, Suzanne

P.S. 2:02 PM Friday - I was maybe going to post the pictures of Helen, Miss Sullivan who she always called Teacher, and John Hitz, but when looking at some references on Hitz a few minutes ago, I came across some amazing info on "Inner Seeing" that will be better in a separate post later. Here is a short blurb though that gives you some idea:

Interest in this inner dimension was in part a unique inheritance from the legacy of Swedenborgian ideas bequeathed to William James from his father, Henry James, the Elder, and to Helen through her relationship with the venerable John Hitz.
Helen Keller, on the other hand, whose parents were Episcopal and Presbyterian, was introduced to Swedenborg by John Hitz upon the death of her father in 1896. Under Alexander Graham Bell, Hitz had become superintendent of the Volta Bureau, whose purpose was disseminating information on teaching the deaf.
As Bell's agent, Hitz kept a close watch on the development of Helen's career. A devout Swedenborgian himself, arising partly from the death of his own crippled daughter, Hitz first met Helen when she was thirteen. He transcribed Swedenborg's Heaven and Hell into braille, whereupon she said: "I experienced an opening of fields of vision far surpassing earthly sight."

When Helen's father died, it was Anne Sullivan, herself an indifferent Catholic with no interest in Swedenborg, who had suggested that Helen might find some comforting thought in the book Hitz had given her.

Suzanne

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:04 pm
Profile Personal album
Post Promised quotes from Mother
Dear Ones

This morning's meditation brought me back to The Mind of the Cells about Mother's research into the body. Some time ago I mentioned Mother and said I would get to some of her quotes. Since I cannot scan but must type from the book I will be brief and choose a couple of things related to our recent discussions above.

Another reminder fell into place when i met with a small group of friends at a new friend's home. The first thing that caught my eye was her pictures of Aurobindo and Mother up on her book shelf. This new friend leads pilgrimages to labyrinth places and has constructed several around Los Angeles.

so this morning I meditated with my CD Sonic Labyrinth and immediately had an experience of the spiritual DNA which is being impressed onto the physical DNA so that a new "assemblage "point will be shifted to to bring about totally new perceptions in us all. I first heard of the assemblage point by reading Carlos Casteneda where he speaks of the whole point of the shamanic journey is to learn how to consciously shift the assemblage point in outselves.

so now we have a meeting of Castenada and Mother in my current meditation. After the meditation I knew it was Mother's research that was calling me back. She made it known that she was here to help if I choose to continue this research line. Then I refound her book under a pile of books and opened to some pages I had turned down when I was thinking of the forum some many weeks ago.

There is so much but here is a beginning:

The Mind of the Cells: Chapter 9. The Eyes of the Body

"The Net"

"It's a perception or a sensation or an impression that is --totally--peculiar and new"

"I am on the threshold of a new perception of life. "

"There is a region wih many scenes of nature, like fields, gardens.etc,lll but they're all behind nets. There's a net of one color, a net of another color...Absolutely everything is behind nets, as if one moved around with nets. But there isn't just one net, it depends: the color and form of the net depends on what's behind it. And It's...the means of communication. "

"Now the body has the experience, and it's MUCH MORE REAL. There is a certain intellectual attitude which puts a kind of veil or...I don't know, something...something unreal over our perceptions of things: It's as if we were seeing Through a certain veil or a certain atmosphere, whereas the body feels directly, it BECOMES. It feels in itself. Instead of the experience being scaled down to the measure of the individual, the individual widens to the measure of the experience."

End

In the same chapter The Eyes of the Body she has a section on The Living and The Dead

Her writing here confirms the experiences we have been talking about with our "dead" loved ones. They are alive and they are physical and we can walk with them etc.

She went to a place and says what she experienced after Aurobindo had passed:

"I stayed there two whole days, two days of absolute bliss. And Sri Aurobindo was constantly with me; when I sat, he sat next to me. when I walked, he walked with me. By the end of the second day, however I realized that I couldn't stay there because the work was not progressing. The work must be done in the body; the realization must be achieved here, in this physical world, otherwise it isn't complete. So I withdrew and started to work again"

end,

So Helen Keller lived in this world. She had the senses of touch and feeling and bodily experience but her sight and hearing were across the net. For her perhaps there was no net. She saw the REAL

She and Mother were doing the same research each in their own way.

Enjoy the day all

Love, Betty

ps thank you Michael for posting the picture

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Post The Mother and Matter...
Hey Betty,

beautiful inclusion re. the Mother and her numinous insights, following on the heels of Sri Aurobindo! Thank you for starting up this conversation (should we manage one in fact!) on what is indeed a most complex topic. But of course, this material relates so magnificently to everything we have already spoken of on Ann and Suzanne's incredible morphing blog, that half the battle (in terms of understanding the connections) is already won!

Everyone:

It does seem to me that the Mother, as the guru was called, came to an acute recognition regarding what it means to be an incarnate being, body and soul together, as one, something which Remo in his intensive studies highlighting the subject of Eros Ego and Eros Consciousness and their intimate connection with the 'figure' of the Anima Mundi (ie. the ur-importance of the subject of Matter to the human experience), also focuses upon.

In one of his books on the subject of the Mother's insights, "The Mutation of Death", Satprem, who attended the guru over the course of several years, discusses how the Mother, like Sri Aurobindo before her, gradually came to the acute realization (as you cite above, Betty) that our salvation is in fact, in a seemingly mysterious sense, both based upon, and located precisely within, our very physicality! As any discussion of this subject is fraught with complication due to the subtle nature of the material, it is recommended that one read the books themselves to gain personal insight into the matter, but I'll try to go into it all here for a moment to give another taste of what Betty was talking about above.

In a most experiential sense, through both personal meditation and study, the Mother received a glimpse of the importance of Matter to the prospect of Eternity which she endeavoured to elucidate that others might understand and follow. This recognition was of profound importance to the coming of a new time for humanity, she felt, and she laboured hard and long to find the right words to express her remarkable insights. The Mother felt that in essence our cells had a capacity for immmortality, that matter was in fact a part of the equation of transcendance, just as was stated in the Mysteries -- both the western (for example in the Grail Legends) and the eastern. A quotation here might help to show the direction the Mother was taking with all of this, as she stated that we would one day enter, via this understanding,

Quote:
a new state of consciousness that changes the physical world and physical nature --- that unravels the eternal contradiction of life and death, pain and bliss... truly a new evolution. SALVATION IS PHYSICAL. If that [this truth of the capacity of physical cells, kf] is found, it is obvious that...(a) physical transformation naturally follows....all the pain of the world, so very concrete...is only the result of a false consciousness [a false understanding, ie., kf] of matter, or in matter. (This) is a critical point, because consciousness can be changed. One might be inclined to think that death cannot be changed...but consciousness can be changed. There is consciousness to change IN matter. There is a mode of vibration to change IN matter. THERE IS A TRUE VIBRATION THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING (IN MATTER) --- including death.

And hence of course the title of this book by Satprem on the subject of the Mother and her research: The Mutation of Death. I posted this idea of 'death's mutation' on another thread once, as it seemed to go well with Remo's discussion on the mystery of incarnation and reincarnation. I believe the thread had to do with the topic of Anubis, Lord of the Underworld... [color=] [/color]

Well, that's all I can unravel for now, but just to say, so great we can all meet together here and share from the 'overflowing cup' when the feeling moves! I will mention one more thing, and that is that I perceive the 'true vibration that changes everything, including death' , which the Mother foresaw, has some innate connection with the existence of the legendary lost 7th Chord, a topic which has come up before here on the forum.... The 7th chord is purportedly that location where sound and light come together as one. The resulting harmonic resonance of the two has such a profound healing effect upon the body/soul entity, that changes to the actual DNA are said to spontaneously occur. However, this spontaneity of effect is a passive event, in line with the level of personal receptivity required to jumpstart that healing modality known as 'BCI', a modality which Remo discovered through his own personal research into the nature of Matter.

All for now guys. More on this and whatever 'drops in', as the worlds turn ---

best as ever,
Kristin

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:00 am

Post thanks to Suzanne...
Hearty thanks Suzanne, for reminding me of the 7th Chord at this critical juncture --- have to say that it seemed so pertinent to the conversation Betty opened up here, I simply could not resist the urge to post reference to it tonight....

Tasting the Loom of Life!
K (this initially said 'Toasting' the Loom, but as I went to leave my post I accidentally - ! - erased the "o" in the word... :)

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 am

Post The Lost Chord - between God and Humanity to be restored
Hello Kristen, Ann, Betty, and Others, For now, this is all I have to say... on this topic...

The author of the music is the same man as the famous duo, Gilbert and Sullivan.

From Wiki: The Lost Chord is a song composed by Arthur Sullivan in 1877 at the bedside of his brother Fred during Fred's last illness. The manuscript is dated 13 January 1877, and Fred Sullivan died five days later. The lyric was written as a poem by Adelaide Anne Procter called "A Lost Chord," published in 1858 in The English Woman's Journal.

Sullivan was proud of the song and later noted: "I have composed much music since then, but have never written a second Lost Chord."

Lyrics of "The Lost Chord"

Seated one day at the organ,
I was weary and ill at ease,
And my fingers wandered idly
Over the noisy keys.

I know not what I was playing,
Or what I was dreaming then;
But I struck one chord of music,
Like the sound of a great Amen.

It flooded the crimson twilight,
Like the close of an angel's psalm,
And it lay on my fevered spirit
With a touch of infinite calm.

It quieted pain and sorrow,
Like love overcoming strife;
It seemed the harmonious echo
From our discordant life.

It linked all perplexèd meanings
Into one perfect peace,
And trembled away into silence
As if it were loth to cease.

I have sought, but I seek it vainly,
That one lost chord divine,
Which came from the soul of the organ,
And entered into mine.

It may be that death's bright angel
Will speak in that chord again,
It may be that only in Heav'n
I shall hear that grand Amen.

I chose this particular video below of the song because this is amazingly what my now deceased old friend/love Lee looked like close to the age of this man at the keyboard. I no longer knew him in person when he was that old, but I have seen a photo of him... where he was so similar in appearance... I was utterly transfixed when I first saw this video.

The man's daughter posted this and made these comments below. The old man at the keyboard was her dad. The singer and the younger photo of him is her dad from many years before.

"This video is a tribute to my Father and his many talents. He recorded the lyrics in 1946. My mother did the piano accompaniment. I shot the movie on Super8 in 1986. After I had my home movies put on DVD, I edited it in 2006.

This is my Dad when he was 82 years old. The vocal track was recorded 40 years previous to the Super8 mm movie. He died in 1999 at the age of 95.

As a matter of fact, when it came time for his funeral, it was discovered that the opening song had not been assigned. So this recording was played for opening and he sang at his own funeral."

Ann, the significance of this topic goes back to last February when our discussion about Walter and Lao Russell led to sudden breakthrough of seeming communication from the Beyond. Here is the link to where it began on February 11.

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5988#5988

Suzanne

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:03 am
Profile Personal album

Post Lost Chord
Dear Suzanne,

I followed the link at the bottom of your above post which took me back to last early February. And there I began rereading your account of your father’s military career, and the pain of the child that you were in her being caught in the middle of her mother’s out of control rage and love for her father. I felt and feel such love for you then and now and for your willingness to share.

I have been feeling so emotionally vulnerable since the holidays and several days ago, over a very small disappointed expectation. I fell into old abandonment feelings. For the several days since I have been going in and out of “tears” and of what I recognize as the anger cycle of frustration/helplessness/anger. I am hanging in, observing my process, regaining objectivity, but only to be over taken again by a thought that triggers a feeling which connects to something unresolved trying to emerge from my unconscious

Your image titled “Mood Swings” in the Feb 11 or 12th posts resonates for me. Also the discussion between you and Remo about “dying before we die” and what I take to be Remo’s deep conviction that only as (or if) enough persons are willing to go through this as a conscious choice can the great tragedy of the human race, and to which your college admission essay speaks, be avoided. The thought comes that to be chosen means to choose to undergo and endure this death. In my mind I am again seeing the Rosarium Alchemical images that came up for me shortly after Bob’s transition.

Re the Mother. I have read something about her last days at the Ashram, when she was I believe in her nineties, and a controversy that arose afterwards between different factions, that indicate to me she may have been sorely emotionally tested by misguided intentions of those around her as to her legacy to the stability of the world. I am not identifying with this personally but am wondering if she was chosen and agreed to “die before she died” (i.e., undergo a metaphysical crucifixion) as her final gift to humanity.

For me the Mother and Aurobindo bring up the supramental state of conscious (is this the same as "buddhic"?) and to which Swedenborg refers as the Higher Mental and by which he functioned both in his physical and his spiritual bodies and both on earth and in heaven simultaneously and for the last 27 years of his life.

Suzanne, I want also to repeat something I had written to you last Feb and that I read today.

Quote:
You are in such a creative flow. My mom taught me that creative writing is best done in the heat of an emotionally charged flow and then polished, polished, polished at leisure with the analytic mind. I know the kind of inspiration that is pouring through you now can be a challenge to the body, to the nerves or whatever taps into our [a person’s] vulnerability. But for you there is the gift of the precious children to keep you grounded.

This is echoing back to me as my body, emotions and nerves are feeling so unstable and vulnerable. I'm wondering that I might take hold of as a comparable earth grounding purpose.

So much is being added daily to the Forum and so much gets away from me before I am able to respond. It is all meaningful, all connecting, all with a sense of not being alone. thanks to all who contribute. I found Bernie's post on James Carroll and his very big dream a trip back to when Carroll was in seminary and wrote two wonderful little books of "fairy tales" with deep meaning. If I can put my hand on them will share something of the beauty of his spirit when he was a young, aspiring priest. Bob continued to follow his writings as he became a novelist and columnist but Carroll's stories that Bob read to our children remained his favorites.

With love to all,
Ann

To Betty and Kristin: The Lost Chord --poem and video--are beautiful. Let's not let this get lost before receiving the full message and impact it brings.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Lost Chord - reconnection with Source - Rumi: Sufi Poem
murraycreek wrote:
Dear Suzanne,
I followed the link at the bottom of your above post which took me back to last early February. And there I began rereading your account of your father’s military career, and the pain of the child that you were in her being caught in the middle of her mother’s out of control rage and love for her father. I felt and feel such love for you then and now and for your willingness to share.

I have been feeling so emotionally vulnerable since the holidays and several days ago, over a very small disappointed expectation. I fell into old abandonment feelings. For the several days since I have been going in and out of “tears” and of what I recognize as the anger cycle of frustration/helplessness/anger. I am hanging in, observing my process, regaining objectivity, but only to be over taken again by a thought that triggers a feeling which connects to something unresolved trying to emerge from my unconscious.

Your image titled “Mood Swings” in the Feb 11 or 12th posts resonates for me. Also the discussion between you and Remo about “dying before we die” and what I take to be Remo’s deep conviction that only as (or if) enough persons are willing to go through this as a conscious choice can the great tragedy of the human race, and to which your college admission essay speaks, be avoided. The thought comes that to be chosen means to choose to undergo and endure this death. In my mind I am again seeing the Rosarium Alchemical images that came up for me shortly after Bob’s transition.

Suzanne replies: Hi Ann, You know from some of the E-mails I sent you during the six months I was not posting at this blog that I was at times puzzled by some of Lee's communications that appeared to be about his still unresolved grief about some issues during his lifetime. You would think that his 18 years over THERE instead of HERE would have been enough time for him to review and resolve those matters -- regardless of what timelessness means in their dimension. Anyhow, I am going to quote from just one of those for now, the E-mail that ended with the video of Rumi's poem about escape from the prison of the world... I did not mention to you before that the next evening after I had found that video, a super amazing synchronicity occurred. I was getting out of my car when I saw a vendor I had met only once before. I knew he was from Iran but nothing else about him. I went up to buy a snack from him. All of a sudden, I had an impulse to do and say something just out of the blue. I do not know quite how to describe this. I bowed slightly in some way as a kind of unspoken gesture and then put one hand over my heart. I had to slightly shout because there were other people talking loudly. I said to him, "I love (with hand over heart) Jalal ad-Din Rumi!" His eyes got so big, and he smiled widely, shouting back to me, "Rumi--He is my teacher!" One other time since, I have seen him when no one else had come up to him yet. I said quietly, again with a gesture first over my heart, then to the sky, and back to my heart, "Rumi said in one of his poems that we are to escape to become the sky, but surely it must be an escape that is also a return to the sky within our own hearts." By then about five people were coming up nearby. He began a little sermon in agreement that they also could hear. "Precisely, everything that Rumi says always comes back around to what is in the heart of mankind, of how the only way to peace in this world or the next, is that we must all learn to love one another." To find at random a devout Sufi from Iran like that on the street was indeed a very timely and meaningful coincidence.

Subject: Many lovely happenings & a Rumi poem
Date: 4/21/2008 5:38:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

Hello Ann, Well, whatever this has been about in regard to no longer going along with the powers that be and their karmic regulations, it has resulted in episodes of hours at a time of our together becoming free of past and present fear, sorrow, conflict, anxiety, and some more of my various physical pains. I suppose the ones on the other side have less volition and need someone on this side to do their reviews and observations with them in order to be able to make significant new progress. Either that, or let the so-called wise ones direct the next cycle of miserable consequences for us. He and I went from the Imaginal scene (of our own little universe in tabula rosa, what will we be making of it, not from playing at being gods, but from the guidance of the Inner Light?) the other day - where we did quite a bit of word communication - to his being more over here but in a side area - not exactly there or here with very few words happening. Instead of a Mr. Rogers kind of projected image, a translucent human form was beginning to appear but has not become stable yet. I was just watching this process but did not touch him. He still does not have a face, but I have no preference for how he is supposed to look, and that is very comforting to him. I think he did let me see his face a few weeks ago just for perhaps three seconds. This was like someone who had suffered terribly from a deforming illness, and I just said to him very quietly aloud, "It's all right, whatever has happened to you, whatever way you look, you know I will always love you." Then the next phase was either he is joining with me or I am joining with him about various especially sorrowful, fearful, or shameful experiences that either of us has ever had. This actually results in becoming very transparent with no secrets from one another - a very perfect trust is needed to be able to do this. Some of this process feels very painful and tearful but is no longer perceived as torment. What a jolt of realization I had when I felt with him what he had been feeling the first day after I moved away from DC to Virginia, and after his work that day, he walked down our usual way alone knowing I would not be there that day, or the next or the next ever again. I had other people I could talk to about my missing him, but he had to be completely silent and isolated about how he felt. I would have to say that by now he is never actually gone, even if he does not seem immediately present. Just a few seconds or minute or two, of quiet attention, and he is apparent like a part of one's total being without any loss of separate identity. A prominent theme in whatever images or visions that appear in our mutual reverie phases is again the breaking out of the dungeon, being set free along with many others, with indications that when all of these have been gathered together (the processions of saints and sinners down through the ages previously seen) that the cosmic wedding and feast will occur. I am not sure now at all that this world as we know it will be salvaged. It may be that it is the new heaven and the new earth that is being readied. I have also noticed that there is now more of a faith and trust process, that everything does not have to be known or figured out in detail ahead of time, once the basic connection with our Source has been re-established. Oh, another thing. We do not have to surrender our personal will. That would be like becoming a robot. Rather, we can become willing to have our will be in harmony with the Divine Will. The true Divine One wishes for us to be a loving companion by choice, not a groveling intimidated slave of a wrathful deity. This video is of a Rumi poem I found yesterday by way of a synchronicity. Notice almost immediately the theme of knocking down the prison walls and making our escape from the dungeon to become the sky. Suzanne

Rumi: Sufi Poem

P.S. Ann, I would like to know exactly what you mean by this: In my mind I am again seeing the Rosarium Alchemical images that came up for me shortly after Bob’s transition.

Suzanne

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:11 am
Profile Personal album

Here I’m going to answer Suzanne’s query about the reference I made to the Rosarium images in my last post. Perhaps I just thought I already had written somewhere about this as it came up in the Deep Memory Process work I did in the January after Bob’s transition. It was this personalization of the Rosarium images that led me to Remo’s writings and the Forum.

During the session, the facilitator guided me into a meditation that became what I would describe as a fairly deep trance. It began with the therapist sounding a brass Tibetan bowl. At first the tones were low and slow, gradually increasing, resounding, ringing and expanding--like a pebble in a large still pond, only in this case accompanied by an audible and beautiful sound.

What came up for me immediately was an image of the bowl, and out of it emerged a creature—mythic, winged, a lioness body, sleek, smooth head, sitting in profile, wings close to the body but not folded—somewhat spread. This image stayed with me. There were few if any thoughts in my head, just a steady holding of the image. I didn’t know what to call it, but in review I accept the descriptive label of “griffin” ands thought of it as a mascot to accompany me on the trip to Scotland I soon would be taking.

As this image faded another appeared—of Bob and myself, naked and entwined in an eight-sided “baptismal" font. I recognized it as similar to one of the “Rosarium” images Jung, in his book on Transference, had written about. This image had deep meaning for me as the “Seal” Bob had recently given me against my entertaining any further “regrets” I might be tempted to hold onto in connection with his passing. [I eventually will write about this “sealing against regrets” when the time is right.]

[Remo shows the image and deals with it in his Holy Wedding at:
http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... e_e.htm#36 ]

In a third scene, I observed myself moving towards the back of a cave-like corridor and into a room. Here I found myself in the presence of a person around whom the words “an ancient of days” seemed to apply. He was very old, very wise, and only partially there and partly in his own world. I too sensed myself as only part there and part in my own world. The cave felt like it was a meeting place between two worlds. I knelt before him, praying, He placed his hands on my head and gave me his blessing, his anointing. I was impressed that he was “a Knower of secret wisdom--a true alchemist." I sensed he and the bowl and the Griffin were connected, but I didn’t understand how. However, bits and pieces of this mystery continue to fall into place.

For now that is all,
With love to all,
Ann

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:28 am
Profile WWW

Post Anima and Animus - Longing for our other half for wholeness.
murraycreek wrote:
Hi Suzanne, and Betty and Kristin,

Here I’m going to answer Suzanne’s query about the reference I made to the Rosarium images in my last post. Perhaps I just thought I already had written somewhere about this as it came up in the Deep Memory Process work I did in the January after Bob’s transition. It was this personalization of the Rosarium images that led me to Remo’s writings and the Forum.

During the session, the facilitator guided me into a meditation that became what I would describe as a fairly deep trance. It began with the therapist sounding a brass Tibetan bowl. At first the tones were low and slow, gradually increasing, resounding, ringing and expanding--like a pebble in a large still pond, only in this case accompanied by an audible and beautiful sound.

What came up for me immediately was an image of the bowl, and out of it emerged a creature—mythic, winged, a lioness body, sleek, smooth head, sitting in profile, wings close to the body but not folded—somewhat spread. This image stayed with me. There were few if any thoughts in my head, just a steady holding of the image. I didn’t know what to call it, but in review I accept the descriptive label of “griffin” ands thought of it as a mascot to accompany me on the trip to Scotland I soon would be taking.

As this image faded another appeared—of Bob and myself, naked and entwined in an eight-sided “baptismal" font. I recognized it as similar to one of the “Rosarium” images Jung, in his book on Transference, had written about. This image had deep meaning for me as the “Seal” Bob had recently given me against my entertaining any further “regrets” I might be tempted to hold onto in connection with his passing. [I eventually will write about this “sealing against regrets” when the time is right.]

[Remo shows the image and deals with it in his Holy Wedding at:
http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... e_e.htm#36 ]

In a third scene, I observed myself moving towards the back of a cave-like corridor and into a room. Here I found myself in the presence of a person around whom the words “an ancient of days” seemed to apply. He was very old, very wise, and only partially there and partly in his own world. I too sensed myself as only part there and part in my own world. The cave felt like it was a meeting place between two worlds. I knelt before him, praying, He placed his hands on my head and gave me his blessing, his anointing. I was impressed that he was “a Knower of secret wisdom--a true alchemist." I sensed he and the bowl and the Griffin were connected, but I didn’t understand how. However, bits and pieces of this mystery continue to fall into place.

For now that is all,
With love to all,
Ann

Hi Ann, I am going to add some things to this later today Friday or on Saturday. My sister called yesterday afternoon. She is 9 years older than I am. When I was going through the One and Only in person stage with Lee back in my late teens, she knew all about this while it was happening. We talked a lot about what either I imagine as his presence now from my fond memories of him or what may actually be some kind of ongoing communion with him. It does help to have some folks who do not think we are totally nuts--to be dialoging with the deceased!

One day in mid to late 1962, he and I were walking down the street after his work as we did for many months usually four days a week, and I pulled out a book and tore a couple of pages out of it and handed them to him. The book was "Beyond the Pleasure Principle" by Sigmund Freud. I told him I did not like this guy or most of what he was saying. I had not gotten around yet to reading Jung. I told Lee I was throwing out the rest of that junk book, but that he could keep the pages I gave to him, read them on the bus on his way home, and tell me what he thought about them the next day. I said to him something like, "Those two pages are about us." (See second quote below.)

I noticed a couple of days ago online that the movie Lolita also came out in 1962 which was about the much older man and the very young girl. When I saw that sleeze, my reaction was, "That girl was so stupid, and that man was so disgusting!" If I might say something to Lee from time to time about how according to these psychology books our unusual (no actual sex) relationship was supposed to be about my father complex and his middle-aged crisis, he would say, "No, that's not us, we are different." He said that if I wanted to know how he felt about us, I could read the page in Wuthering Heights where the girl says, "I am Heathcliff."
Quote:
I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and HE remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. - My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I AM Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.

Finally, online I have been able to find the text "about us" from Freud's book that I gave to Lee at that time and have copied it here to go along with our discussion.
Quote:
Pages 74-75 ...little that this problem may be likened to an obscurity into which not even the ray of an hypothesis has penetrated. In quite another quarter, however, we encounter such an hypothesis, but it is of so fantastic a kind—assuredly a myth rather than a scientific explanation—that I should not venture to bring it forward if it did not exactly fulfil the one condition for the fulfilment of which we are labouring. That is to say, it derives an instinct from the necessity for the reinstatement of an earlier situation.

I refer, of course, to the theory that Plato in his Symposium puts into the mouth of Aristophanes and which deals not only with the origin of the sexual instinct but also with its most important variations in relation to the object. 'Human nature was once quite other than now. Originally there were three sexes, three and not as to-day two: besides the male and the female there existed a third sex which had an equal share in the two first. ...In these beings everything was double: thus, they had four hands and four feet, two faces, two genital parts, and so on. Then Zeus allowed himself to be persuaded to cut these beings in two, as one divides pears to stew them. . . . When all nature was divided in this way, to each human being came the longing for his own other half, and the two halves embraced and entwined their bodies and desired to grow together again.' 1

Are we to follow the clue of the poet-philosopher and make the daring assumption that living substance was at the time of its animation rent into small particles, which since that time strive for reunion by means of the sexual instincts? That these instincts—in which the chemical affinity of inanimate matter is.....end of text.....

1 I am indebted to Prof. Heinrich Gomperz of Vienna for the following indications as to the origin of the Platonic myth, which I repeat partly in his own words: I should like to call attention to the fact that essentially the same theory is also to be found in the Upanishads. The Brihad-Aranyaka Upanishad 1,4, 3 (Deussen, 60 Upanishads des Veda, S. 393), where the creation of the world from the Atman (the self or ego) is described, has the following passage 'Nor did he (the Atman, the self or ego) experience any joy, and for that reason no one has joy when he is alone. So he longed for a partner. He was as big as a woman and a man together when they embrace. He divided himself into two parts, which made a husband and a wife. This body is therefore one half of the self, according to Yajnavalkya. And for the same reason this empty space here becomes filled by the woman.'

The Brihad-Aranyaka Upanishad is the oldest of all the Upanishads, and no expert authority would date it later than 800 B. C. In opposition to the prevailing opinion I should not like definitely to deny the possibility of Plato having been dependent, even though very indirectly, on these Indian thoughts, for this possibility cannot be absolutely put aside even for the doctrine of re-incarnation. A dependence of this sort, first conveyed through Pythagoras, would scarcely detract from the significance of the coincidence in thought, for Plato would not have adopted any such story conveyed in some way from Oriental traditions, let alone have given it such an important place, had he not himself felt the truth contained in it to be illuminating.

In an article by K. Ziegler ('Menschen-und Weltwerden', Neue Jahrbiicher fur das klassische Altertum, 1913, Band XXXI), which contains a systematic investigation of the thought in question, it is traced back to Babylonian ideas.

From article: Ardhanarisvara, Shiva and Shakti, cosmic androgyny, and wholeness in alchemy

To unify the male and female within requires a man to become conscious of his inner female, his anima, and a woman to become conscious of her inner male, her animus.

Such integration takes determination, patience, and the willingness to transform. The outcome of this union within the individual is the sacred androgyne, which is the divine, incarnate soul, awake as an androgynous self within the androgynous universe. This comes about through the inner chymical wedding, which represents one of the final stages of alchemy.

In Hindu mythology this holy completion is represented by the God Ardhanarisvara, who is the union of Shiva and Shakti. Ardhanarisvara’s right side is male, and his/her left side is female.

Ardhanarisvara is the symbol of cosmic androgyny.

This subtle, archetypical, androgynous blue-print filters down and infiltrates all aspects of the universe. Therefore, just as Krishna and his consort Radha became inseparable aspects of their common being, many thousands of years ago, to such an extent that in later Hindu writings these two were called by a singular name-RadhaKrishna-so too we must all become both the male-outside-of-existence, cosmic consciousness-and the female-inside-of-existence, earthly being...

Transcendental consciousness and immanent being have thus begun to come together as integrated emptiness/being.

To be the whole Self is to be the intimate union of non-being and being, of male and female, of the immense, still, empty consciousness, and the active, dynamic, ubiquitous form.

One intimate union. One.

SOURCE of material above:
http://www.spiritandflesh.com/OMArdhana ... ligion.htm

Suzanne

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Profile Personal album

Post re: seeking the other half
I wonder if there is an increasing number of people destined to find complete wholeness in no other than themselves.

A solution to overpopulation?
Or not.

I guess it's difficult to go against our natural biological function to sustain and propagate our species.

-Michael

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Post Re: seeking the other half -- Inner Wholeness
Michael wrote:
I wonder if there is an increasing number of people destined to find complete wholeness in no other than themselves.

A solution to overpopulation?
Or not.

I guess it's difficult to go against our natural biological function to sustain and propagate our species.

-Michael

Hi Michael, I am on my way out to pick up my grandkids from school. Inner wholeness within more and more individuals is not likely to eliminate the human desire for sexual union. Go back up to Ann's post and use her link to Remo's article on the meanings of all this -- which us older folks have not figured out completely yet either. Spiritual and psychological and emotional wholeness do not have to mean celibacy... that has never worked anyway throughout human history... and is not likely to now!!! SMILE.

Checking again a bit later, I see that another page by Remo sums up what I was trying to say just above here.

The Archetype of the Holy Wedding in Alchemy and in the Unconscious of Modern Man

(Part 7)

3. The Alchemical Rosarium Philosophorum

3.8 Summary and further conclusions

It is now time to summarize the results so far and to draw some further conclusions.

I have shown that Carl Jung was convinced that behind Sigmund Freud’s concretistic interpretation and the personal psychology of sexuality, i.e., behind the personal intimate relationship between man and woman, there must be a more universal aspect of this primal drive, a (psychophysical) archetype, the so-called coniunctio or Hierosgamos (Holy Wedding). Since Carl Jung was familiar with Gnosticism of the first and the second century, he quotes the deep insight of the Gnostics that “man’s procreative power is only a special instance of the ‘procreative nature of the Whole’.”

Thus, I postulate that we have to look for a creation myth on a deeper, psychophysical level, which fulfils these claims. We have seen that it is the Hermetic alchemical Rosarium Philosophorum, which could be the archaic myth we have to translate into a modern language, taking into consideration the developments and results of quantum physics as well as of Carl Jung’s depth psychology of the 20th century. We have further seen that Carl Jung interprets this archaic myth as the archetypal background of the transference/counter-transference problem in psychotherapy. Therefore, a first challenge arises: If I try to find an interpretation of the Rosarium at a psychophysical level, it will include more than the archetypal background of the above crucial problem of psychotherapy, and like this it will perhaps extend and/or contradict some of Carl Jung’s results, the latter limited to the psychoanalytical setting.

The alchemical myth, the Holy wedding or conjunction – completely heretical when seen from a Christian standpoint – tells us that a god and a goddess engage in sexual intercourse and create a child. Therefore, the Rosarium seems to be the looked-for creation myth. It contradicts the Jewish/Christian Genesis insofar as there is a divine couple and not God the Father alone who creates the “new thing”. Further the sexual symbolism of this compensatory creation myth is highly visible.

For Carl Jung the archetypal background of the resulting third, of the new creation, is the child archetype. For him, the archetypal child is the so-called tertium non datur, the excluded third of Western philosophy and thus a spiritual principle. With this interpretation the depth psychologist limits the child archetype to what I will later call the spirit-psyche and interprets it as “the emergence of a new and as yet unknown [psychological] content,” “a third thing of an irrational nature, which the conscious mind neither expects nor understands.” Further, this “third thing of an irrational nature”, which is unexpected and incomprehensible to the consciousness represents “an anticipation of future developments.”

The child’s characteristic of the vinculum amoris, the band of love, leads to the idea of the depth psychologist that we can equate this archetype with the so-called transcendent function. The latter is the “union of conscious and unconscious contents.” The tool used for this procedure is Active Imagination. Like this the (Logos) ego and the (Logos) Self come together. The ego talks to the figures of the unconscious and like this becomes more conscious about its blind spots.

Carl Jung’s modern interpretation of the coniunctio leads thus to the result, that the child as the third principle is the transcendent function, which unifies the conscious and the unconscious psyche. One of the divine figures of the Rosarium is thus reduced to the consciousness of man. This is, in all likelihood, the reason why the depth psychologist feels later that he did not really reach the (second) coniunctio, the unio corporalis.

In contrast to this merely spiritual interpretation I stress the bipolarity of the Self, shown in the archaic images of the Rosarium. There is more than one “Self” in it, not just the king or a god, but also a goddess, and both figures are equivalent. Thus I extend Carl Jung’s theory and postulate a Logos Self – alchemically seen the king – accompanied by the Eros Self, the queen.

Since the coniunctio is an affair of the three, the result, the child, is now the fourth. This fourth is a hexagonal structure, symbolized by the three flowers in the pictures # 2 to 4 . As a flower it reminds us of a vegetative myth, i.e., a myth in which the body – in deep contrast to concrete sexuality – is immobile. Further, the “heads” and the bulbs of the flowers create a double-triadic structure: The Seal of Solomon

http://www.psychovision.ch/hknw/holy_we ... g_e.htm#38

Suzanne

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:13 pm
Profile Personal album
Post perceptions
Hello Suzanne, Kristin, Ann, Michael and all

Following all this I am left speechless. Until today.

Kristin your slip from toast to taste makes sense to me. "Taste and see the goodness of the Lord", The bible

I got quite a kick out of this.

also the lost chord--- ie the 7th chord harmony. I get a picture of the particles of matter redesigning themselves from the incoming 7th chord creating a new pattern, a new creation, a new consciousness. I see it like what happens when sound waves rearrange sand on surface from the resonsance.

My own sense of humor takes me to Jimmy Durante singing the song The Lost Chord. Actually it might have been the Lost Note??? I havn't thought about this since the late 40's movie.

Then my mind flows to Brian Swimm in his book The Universe is a Green Dragon in which he talks about how our myths need to be reshaped so that life and perceptions can follow. And the big force is the Cosmos behind all is Love or attraction.

Then I go to the Strange Attractor from Fractal chaos information. I don't know why.

There is only one way to write this is to just let it be what it is.

However --- I am now thinking that if the myth of separation of male and female and all the systems evolving from these texts were abandoned. What would that be like.

If we focused on Original Wholeness and not having been separated ever from within ourselves or from without. --- how would this myth show up in life on the planet. Would the Lost Chord not be lost at all and would the particles take shape into a new form???????????????????????????????????

Our language shapes our perceptions it seems. So what would a new language do.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Our conversation feels like something new is peeking through. I am wondering what it is.

In the mean time I "taste and see the goodness of the Lord".

love to you all and much gratitude

Betty

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:47 am

Post Lessons from the Beyond about Vibration & Creation - One
BJW wrote:
Hello Suzanne, Kristin, Ann, Michael and all

Following all this I am left speechless. Until today.

Kristin your slip from toast to taste makes sense to me. "Taste and see the goodness of the Lord", The bible

I got quite a kick out of this.

also the lost chord--- ie the 7th chord harmony. I get a picture of the particles of matter redesigning themselves from the incoming 7th chord creating a new pattern, a new creation, a new consciousness. I see it like what happens when sound waves rearrange sand on surface from the resonsance.

My own sense of humor takes me to Jimmy Durante singing the song The Lost Chord. Actually it might have been the Lost Note??? I havn't thought about this since the late 40's movie.

Then my mind flows to Brian Swimm in his book The Universe is a Green Dragon in which he talks about how our myths need to be reshaped so that life and perceptions can follow. And the big force is the Cosmos behind all is Love or attraction.

Then I go to the Strange Attractor from Fractal chaos information. I don't know why.

There is only one way to write this is to just let it be what it is.

However --- I am now thinking that if the myth of separation of male and female and all the systems evolving from these texts were abandoned. What would that be like.

If we focused on Original Wholeness and not having been separated ever from within ourselves or from without. --- how would this myth show up in life on the planet. Would the Lost Chord not be lost at all and would the particles take shape into a new form???????????????????????????????????

Our language shapes our perceptions it seems. So what would a new language do.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Our conversation feels like something new is peeking through. I am wondering what it is.

In the mean time I "taste and see the goodness of the Lord".

love to you all and much gratitude

Betty

Hello Betty, Since you cannot view videos, I am going to start with some text and
a picture to get this topic going. Later I will explain and give more examples. Suzanne

Vibrations

01/16/2005
esoteric

Everything is vibration. Think of what reading material “resonates” with you, what ideas “ring” true, which people have good or bad “vibes,” or who is on the same “wavelength”. These are more than just metaphors, they are accurate ways of describing the vibratory aspect of our reality.

Resonance brings to mind cymatics, the study of wave motion. Vibration alone is just a set of numbers describing amplitude, frequency, and phase. But when vibration is applied to an object, the waves reflect upon themselves, interfering to create standing waves with a unique geometric arrangement. Cymatics is therefore the study of how sound converts into geometry and vice versa.

For example, if a metal plate sprinkled with sand is vibrated by a tone matching one of its resonant frequencies (matching the pitch at which the plate naturally rings when struck), then standing waves arise in the plate. The sand collects in areas where the waves are zero and helps visualize what the standing waves look like, which gives rise to interesting patterns unique to the tone applied. Here are some examples:

Which pattern forms depends on what resonant frequency is vibrated, which in turn depends on the physical characteristics of the plate itself. Anything that vibrates will contain standing waves. This includes bells, tuning forks, resonant chambers, stones, etc… As long as the applied frequency matches the object’s spectrum of resonant frequencies, standing waves will result.

Our soul vibrates, its spectrum of frequencies depending on the soul’s resonant characteristics. It is known that two tuning forks with the same physical characteristics resonate with each other. Likewise, two people resonate with each other when they share common soul elements. It is important to note that simply having common interests is not enough to cause resonance. There must also be a compatibility on the soul level that you can feel.

Why? Because there is a difference between resonant vibrations and forced vibrations. A tuning fork and a loudspeaker can both create a certain tone, but only the tuning fork does so naturally. The loudspeaker will not resonate with the tuning fork because the tone it generates is forced and doesn’t arise from its natural mode of vibrations. Many of our interests, personalities, hobbies, tastes, are “forced vibrations” consisting of programs and memes working through us, just as electricity works through a loudspeaker to generate sound. But that doesn’t mean these things necessarily arise at the soul level. This explains why having common interests or personalities isn’t enough – what’s internal is what counts, as that is where resonance arises.....

See all of the article at this link:
http://montalk.net/notes/vibrations-repost-from-4704

For All of You who can view videos, this is a great introduction and history of this topic.

Just for fun, I will sign this: Suzanne & Friend

Last edited by Suzanne on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile Personal album

Post Lessons from the Beyond about Vibration & Creation - Two
Hi Ann, Betty, Kristin, Michael, Bernie, and others interested in these topics:

I might as well put up a couple of videos and add some text on the same topics later for those like Betty who cannot view videos.

This first one shows in a simple manner by way of tuning forks the principle of resonance - where... uh, I do not know how to explain these things in my own terms very well... where tones of the same frequency can interact with one another although separate as objects in space... duh... anyhow, the video will explain this easy pie to all.

So, how does this apply more directly to our human relationships? This text below comes from the same article in the post above this: Re: Lessons from the Beyond about Vibration & Creation - One

The principle of seeking that which resonates with your soul applies not only to reading material, but people and life experiences as well. Resonance shows you the path of least resistance because it sets your heart alight with enthusiasm and synchronizes you with the flow of life. The more you choose to pursue that which resonates your soul, the closer you get to superconductive existence. What vibrations you then emit impress themselves upon the environment, aligning the events you experience just as a resonating metal plate aligns the sand particles sprinkled upon it. The beautiful geometry that arises then manifests in the form of synchronicities and serendipitous opportunities.

For the many Romantics among us here at the forum, this is a video illustrating cosmic resonance in relation to soul mates and soul friends:

Soul Mate I AM...
Twin Flames WE ARE...

...*♥ KUNDALINI ♥*...

i.e REsonance: phenomenon of intensification and enrichment of sound which occurs when the frequencies of the applied force and of the vibrating body are identical...

The Kybalion, by Three Initiates, [1912], at sacred-texts.com

CHAPTER IX
VIBRATION

"Nothing rests; everything moves; everything
vibrates."--The Kybalion.

The great Third Hermetic Principle--the Principle of Vibration--embodies the truth that Motion is manifest in everything in the Universe--that nothing is at rest--that everything moves, vibrates, and circles. This Hermetic Principle was recognized by some of the early Greek philosophers who embodied it in their systems. But, then, for centuries it was lost sight of by the thinkers outside of the Hermetic ranks. But in the Nineteenth Century physical science re-discovered the truth and the Twentieth Century scientific discoveries have added additional proof of the correctness and truth of this centuries-old Hermetic doctrine.

The Hermetic Teachings are that not only is everything in constant movement and vibration, but that the "differences" between the various manifestations of the universal power are due entirely to the varying rate and mode of vibrations. Not only this, but that even THE ALL, in itself, manifests a constant vibration of such an infinite degree of intensity and rapid motion that it may be practically considered as at rest, the teachers directing the attention of the students to the fact that even on the physical plane a rapidly moving object (such as a revolving wheel) seems to be at rest. The Teachings are to the effect that Spirit is at one end of the Pole of Vibration, the other Pole being certain extremely gross forms of Matter. Between these two poles are millions upon millions of different rates and modes of vibration.

Modern Science has proven that all that we call Matter and Energy are but "modes of vibratory motion," and some of the more advanced scientists are rapidly moving toward the positions of the occultists who hold that the phenomena of Mind are likewise modes of vibration or motion. Let us see what science has to say regarding the question of vibrations in matter and energy.

In the first place, science teaches that all matter manifests, in some degree, the vibrations arising from temperature or heat. Be an object cold or hot--both being but degrees of the same things--it manifests certain heat vibrations, and in that sense is in motion and vibration. Then all particles of Matter are in circular movement, from corpuscle to suns. The planets revolve around suns, and many of them turn on their axes. The suns move around greater central points, and these are believed to move around still greater, and so on, ad infinitum. The molecules of which the particular kinds of Matter are composed are in a state of constant vibration and movement around each other and against each other. The molecules are composed of Atoms, which, likewise, are in a state of constant movement and vibration. The atoms are composed of Corpuscles, sometimes called "electrons," "ions," etc., which also are in a state of rapid motion, revolving around each other, and which manifest a very rapid state and mode of vibration. And, so we see that all forms of Matter manifest Vibration, in accordance with the Hermetic Principle of Vibration.....

But the Hermetic Teachings go much further than do those of modern science. They teach that all manifestation of thought, emotion, reason, will or desire, or any mental state or condition, are accompanied by vibrations, a portion of which are thrown off and which tend to affect the minds of other persons by "induction." This is the principle which produces the phenomena of "telepathy"; mental influence, and other forms of the action and power of mind over mind, with which the general public is rapidly becoming acquainted, owing to the wide dissemination of occult knowledge by the various schools, cults and teachers along these lines at this time.

COMPLETE CHAPTER - http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/kyb/kyb11.htm

The Gentle Art of Blessing

To bless means to wish, unconditionally
and from the deepest chamber of your heart,
unrestricted good for others and events.

Suzanne

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 pm
Profile Personal album
Post heart blessings
Dear Ones.

Thanks Suzanne for all our outpouring of information about vibration, resonance and blessings.

Today I was on my way to a friend's house driving and I remembered a couple of sequences of recent dreams about a particular person in my life. This person and I often have difficulty with crossed signals in our communications leading to misunderstandings.

In the dreams it was shown to me that at some other level the two of us are really in sync and deep communion which is loving.

Suddenly I felt to the left of my sternum deep in my heart a sensation and saw this person sitting in there. Accompanying this was a warm stream of love and peace and kindness which streamed all through my being and also covered the person in this same feeling.

I experienced this sensation in my chest for some time enjoying the wonder of it all and wondering about it all.

It seems that the blessing you posted Suzanne (which I couldn't see) but wrote was about heart blessings.

I read this when I got home from my journey and was delighted to see that this was what was happening in my experience while driving today.

Now I am reminded of an old song: " I will go Lord if you lead me I will Hold your people in my Heart."

From the bible.

It seems that blessing like this heals both people simultaneously and synchronistically and it is wordless in reality. So a deep heart felt blessing blesses both people. Now it comes upon me unplanned, unexpected and surprisingly.

Looking forward to more lovely surprises.

love,

Betty

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 am

Post Re: heart blessings and positive loving synchronicities
BJW wrote:
Dear Ones.

Thanks Suzanne for all our outpouring of information about vibration, resonance and blessings.

Today I was on my way to a friend's house driving and I remembered a couple of sequences of recent dreams about a particular person in my life. This person and I often have difficulty with crossed signals in our communications leading to misunderstandings.

In the dreams it was shown to me that at some other level the two of us are really in sync and deep communion which is loving.

Suddenly I felt to the left of my sternum deep in my heart a sensation and saw this person sitting in there. Accompanying this was a warm stream of love and peace and kindness which streamed all through my being and also covered the person in this same feeling.

I experienced this sensation in my chest for some time enjoying the wonder of it all and wondering about it all.

Suzanne replies: Hi Betty, What you said above is really remarkable. I have to wonder if others on this forum have been experiencing the same or similar inner reconciliations with others in their everyday lives with whom they have been having some difficulties and misunderstandings. A few weeks ago, I had a surprising "inner meeting" with someone I have thought to be a real problem, and this person leaned over and kissed me on the cheek as if underneath our outer identities there is some kind of cooperation for the better going on. I was very amazed and commented on it to someone else who knows this individual. That person also had started just recently seeing the problem person in a somewhat better light. Since then, things have been more positive although by no means perfect.

It seems that the blessing you posted Suzanne (which I couldn't see) but wrote was about heart blessings.

I read this when I got home from my journey and was delighted to see that this was what was happening in my experience while driving today.

Now I am reminded of an old song: " I will go Lord if you lead me I will Hold your people in my Heart."

From the bible.

It seems that blessing like this heals both people simultaneously and synchronistically and it is wordless in reality. So a deep heart felt blessing blesses both people. Now it comes upon me unplanned, unexpected and surprisingly.

Suzanne replies: Betty, as I have mentioned before here, for quite a few years I was not talking with my sister about spiritual matters because she belonged to a church that believes folks are dead in the grave until after the resurrection at the Second Coming. Also, during that time, we were not in touch as often as when we had similar outlooks, and we didn't tend to have amazing little things going on by way of synchronicities as we had experienced in our younger years. Last February here on the forum, I mentioned that Lee, in our last telephone conversation in 1970, had asked me if I had ever heard of Edgar Cayce. He said that his own religious beliefs were similar to Cayce's teachings. Well, as I also describe in a post on this blog in August, I finally decided to take a chance and send an E-mail to my sister mentioning that whether the dead are only dead in their graves or not, I have been experiencing recently what seems like ongoing communication from the Beyond with Lee. I was stunned silly when she wrote back that she had just joined the ARE in January and was attending a Cayce group regularly. Now she and I are talking or writing to one another quite often. Below, I give an example of a synchronicity from her in regard to our recent forum mention of Helen Keller and our topic of blessings.

Looking forward to more lovely surprises.

love,

Betty

I just checked and saw that I first mentioned Helen Keller here in the forum on Dec. 31 and again on Jan. 2. I meant to write more later along with two photos, one of Helen with "Teacher" Miss Sullivan and the other with John Hitz who translated Swedenborg into Braille for Helen to read. I wanted to develop a theme around spiritual communication involving what Helen appeared to be describing about her other heightened inner senses in place of her lost sight and hearing. So, I have not gotten around to that, but I did come across this nice pic with this quote from Helen Keller and saved it to my computer only a few days ago since Jan. 2. The timing of these significances is important to note. The time stamps I give here are what they show up as on my computer in my time zone - what some of you see will be different due to your other time location.

I made the post at Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 am on the topic of: Lessons from the Beyond about Vibration & Creation - One. When I looked at my E-mail a bit later, this below had come in from my sister. It had been sent to her by another relative at: Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:04 AM which was before my post at 9:45. Then my sister was forwarding this on at the time given an hour after my post. I usually ignore these group forwarding things but this time read it -- obviously because the title was akin to the quote from Helen Keller on the pic I had recently saved!

Subject: Fw: One door opens and another closes
Date: 1/10/2009 10:53:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Revelations 3:8

...God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close. If you need God to open, some doors for you...forward this message. Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing...

So, first we have a reference to the same theme as Helen Keller's quote: "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." Then there is the end part about "remember to be a blessing". When I was getting up from a mid-evening nap, before this E-mail came in the next morning, what Lee had last seemed to say to me was... "be a blessing to all".

Then way down low on the bottom of the E-mail, after a flying dove (Holy Spirit) in the middle of the empty space, there were these words in large red letters.

"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them,
but you know they are always there.

That last part made me chuckle a bit because at the last minute with my post on Lessons from the Beyond about Vibration & Creation - One, I had signed it, Just for fun, I will sign this: Suzanne & Friend - which of course meant me and Lee because I know nothing from nothing about math, science, or music to be coming up with these goodies by myself without his seeming unseen help.

Well, that's enough of this demonstrating the process of a synchronicity. Next when I have some time later today or tomorrow, I am going to show what happened after I saw a golden cauldron in a vision the other night while conversing with my Friend in the Beyond. The next night I accidentally clicked on a link that took me to a page I read down to the bottom without noticing anything of immediate importance, but then I clicked from a link there to another site and immediately saw a picture of a golden cauldron. Believe it or not, the major topic on that page turned out to be retreats in the dark (where folks go around as if blind for days) that help induce spiritual experiences. I had not been looking for anything like that at all intentionally.

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 am
Profile Personal album

Post Re: heart blessings and positive loving synchronicities
Well, I double posted the same thing here as above, so I deleted it. But I will save this slot for later and put in the golden cauldron material here. This is a pic of the cauldron I found seemingly by chance:

I'll find our earlier discussion about a cauldron that was on another thread more than a year ago. Will get to this later today. Suzanne

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile Personal album
Post dark retreats
Dear Suzanne and all

I was away from my computer all day yesterday and just found Suzanne's reply today
Friday, California usa time.

The meeting I was going to at my friend's house when I had the experience of heart blessing and healing and reconciliation was an Edgar Cayce meeting.

Now my friend who hostesses the meeting each month was giving away many many of her spiritual books because she needed to simplify. Scattered all over the living room floor were her amazing books. I walked in the field floor of titles and let them speak to me about which to pick up and take home from the collection.

Well here it is another synchroniscity besides the blessing, and Cayce connection.

One of the few books that drew me is called Dawning of Clear Light A Western Approacch to Tibetan Dark Retreat Meditation by Martin Lowenthal.

After reading your post on this Suzanne I went to the car and brought the book in. I have not opened it yet but the back says:

"Retreats in darkness have been used by all the great spiritual traditions for thousands of years as a method of tapping deep clarity, accessing sacred wisdom, connecting with the Divine, and training to transform the mind/body system into a manifestation of wisdom. "

"Traditionally, in Tibet, dark retreats were performed by monks as part of their training with the support of their monastery and their fellow monks. But dark retreats are of value to people form all walks of life, from the monastic to the busy householder--those with jobs, families and all too many responsibilities."

So we are in the midst of many healings, blessings, understandings of the deep inter-weaving of our consciousness and hearts.

So glad I tuned in today. Can't wait to see how the other books I picked up from the field of wisdom that day inter-twine with all of you as we communicate.

much love and joy and awakening,

Betty

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Post Cauldron, Lincoln, Mark Twain visionary images
Suzanne wrote:
Well, I double posted the same thing here as above, so I deleted it. But I will save this slot for later and put in the golden cauldron material here. This is a pic of the cauldron I found seemingly by chance:

I'll find our earlier discussion about a cauldron that was on another thread more than a year ago. Will get to this later today. Suzanne

3 AM Monday Jan. 19 -- I am doing a quick rearrangement and additions to this post along with the new post title about visionary images. I think (or maybe rather feel) that these things are related. Some of you please go ahead and comment. I may not be back until Tuesday night.

There is the link below this written material to my first mention of a cauldron. The thread title was George W. Bush's Crusade. The date of my first post there was Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:19 am. Kind of out of the blue, I started asking Roger about his cauldron sig line, like this:

Cauldron

Hi Roger, I just noticed your signature line. I saw an image of a black kettle last year or more and meant to inquire about it here. The other day, I was looking for something for my grandkids in their basement and saw a Halloween cauldron in storage. It made me wonder again about the vision. I will reflect on your sig line I suppose for starters:

This is Roger's sig line--

Fire over wood:
THE IMAGE of THE CAULDRON.
Thus the superior man consolidates his fate By making his position correct.

The fate of fire depends on wood; as long as there is wood below, the fire burns above. It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life. And if he succeeds in assigning the right place to life and to fate, thus bringing the two into harmony, he puts his fate on a firm footing.

I Ching #50
------------------------------

Suzanne continued: This is close to what I saw in the vision - seemed more oriental to me at the time than the witch's one we see for Halloween.

Note: The cauldron picture I used then was not so ideal to describe what I saw. This is very close because it is black, but the legs of the cauldron would have been shorter like the golden cauldron I found a couple of nights ago.

ImageImage

George W. Bush's Crusade -- thread and post
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5860#5860

------------------------------------------------

OK, this is what happened a few nights ago. I saw a vision of a golden cauldron. I wondered what it meant. When I came online and was looking at some various other things, I then wanted to look up something specific not related to the vision. While going down my long list of bookmarks, I "accidentally" clicked on something I did not intend to and wound up at this link below. Well, I thought, maybe it's just random finger twitching, or maybe it means something. I started reading down and nothing clicked in my head as immediately significant. But there was a link to elsewhere. It was a faulty link that went nowhere, but for some reason, I removed a couple of bad extensions on it, and it worked. Voila, or gee whiz, there was a gold cauldron.

What will interest Ann, Betty, Kristin and some others here at the forum is that Rudolf Steiner is mentioned on this page I first went to by accident. I clicked over to the Home page since I seemed to remember that the site master also has written about Walter Russell -- of great importance to Ann and I who both met in person his widow Lao some years ago. This is the one that mentions Steiner and makes very interesting reading in itself. Somehow when first reading it, I did not get the navel-cauldron connection!!! Example:

That Which Is Eternal In Us Must Be Awakened
© 1996 by Thomas Joseph Brown

Eternal Dragon THE INNER FLOWS

The origins of our lives is in the fusion of two cosmic polarities, a microcosmic reflection of the origin of the physical universe in the fusing of darkness and light. When we are gestating in the womb there is a basic energetic and nutritional flow from our mother through the umbilical cord into the navel. One belief attributed to the Taoist sages of the Orient is that the primary energy flow in the fetus goes from navel towards the perineum up through where the spine is forming, over the crown of the head and down the front of the body, through palate and tongue (which are usually pressed together in the foetus to connect the energy meridians) to the navel where the cycle is renewed. This is the primal energy flow, antecendant to the nervous system, which our body emerges from. It is called both the Small Heavenly Cycle and the Microcosmic Circulation (or Orbit). Dr. Rudolf Steiner stated that in order to understand the realities of the starry heavens one must also comprehend the complement, human gestation in the womb. This reality was well known to the Taoist, though their teachings were kept secret for many thousands of years.

http://borderlandresearch.com/awaken_eternal.html

This above is the same page that had a link elsewhere that said: About ten years after that a Taoist master, Mantak Chia, began issuing books, the first being Awaken Healing Energy Through The Tao. Master Chia’s books are much more in detail and quite helpful to those who wanted to (or had to) practice without a physical teacher on hand. He has studied and mastered the entire Taoist internal system and is in the process of revealing it to the world. Workshops and classes are given and a listing of such can be gained from The Healing Tao Center, http://www.healing-tao.com/HTI_index.html<<That link does not work. It has to be changed to only: http://www.healing-tao.com Then it becomes a redirect to this: http://www.universal-tao.com

It is there on the right that you see this:

Then that leads to the larger gold cauldron pic and detailed info on Darkness Retreats.
These may be very good for folks in their early experiencing of this inwardness.
To me personally this is not about my going to a dark retreat.
I wear a sleep mask over my eyes to do my inner seeing better.
Costs less than the travel arrangements and the attendance fee... :lol:

-----------------------------------------

Well, I have no time to go into this Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain thing in detail. I am just posting the images and then a link to the article about Obama I saw immediately as a AOL Welcome screen link the next time I went online. It refers to Lincoln's stovepipe top hat. In my vision, the black hat was white. However, I do not necessarily think-feel that this meant something all positive. It may have instead something to do with the Uncle Sam image below. I will say no more on that for now. Bernie may have some interesting things to say about this, let's see...

I sent the article to myself that I saw shortly after having these vision images during an early evening nap:

Subject: Check out Obama Follows Lincoln's Footsteps
Date: 1/17/2009 9:47:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Click here: Obama Follows Lincoln's Footsteps
http://news.aol.com/article/obama-follo ... 1201119607

By Ed Hornick, CNN

posted: 1 DAY 2 HOURS AGO (Jan. 17) -- Call it an Abraham Lincoln obsession gripping political junkies and history buffs everywhere. In the last couple of years, several best-selling books have focused on the life and political skills of the nation's 16th president. And one man in particular has taken a particular interest in not just reading about the Illinois politician, but also modeling himself politically after him.

That man: Barack Obama, who will be sworn in as the nation's 44th -- and first African-American -- president Tuesday. And the obsession is certainly not lost on the president-elect. On January 10, he and his family visited the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Obama will also be the first president to use the Lincoln Bible for his inauguration since Lincoln used it in 1861. Inauguration organizers have said Obama's inaugural theme, "A New Birth of Freedom," was inspired by Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. The president-elect will travel on a whistlestop-like train trip Saturday from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Washington. The tour follows the final leg of the train route taken by Lincoln. And throughout the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama -- a Democrat who hails from the Land of Lincoln -- reminded audiences from coast to coast about the similarities between himself and the beloved political leader. Obama told CBS last year that he was studying up on Lincoln -- who belonged to the Republican Party -- by reading presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin's 2005 book "Team of Rivals," which focuses on Lincoln's Cabinet..... farther down the page is this:

On Friday, the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History celebrated Lincoln's 200th birthday with the new exhibit, "Abraham Lincoln: An Extraordinary Life." The exhibit, according to the museum, brings together an extensive collection -- more than 60 objects associated with Lincoln's life, including an iron wedge used to split wood in the 1830s and his famous top hat, which he wore the night he was shot at Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth.

Tonight while looking up the stovepipe top hat picture, I did one of my accident clicks again and wound up on a page about Lincoln's son Robert Todd Lincoln. When I was about 12, I had a very odd happening in my life... meeting in person the last living male descendant of Lincoln who is mentioned on that page I chanced upon. That's a long story for another time... very, very, very strange.

To see my complete post that first mentioned the golden cauldron -- which also has interesting info about Helen Keller, go here:

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:56 am
Re: heart blessings and positive loving synchronicities
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7159#7159

To see Betty's earlier post about a synchronicity when finding a book on dark retreats before seeing the post about it, go here:
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7161#7161

Suzanne

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 am
Profile Personal album

Post Abraham Lincoln & Mark Twain visionary images
Hi All, This post is starting off with the last part of my previous post of Jan. 17th. First of all, I'd like to say that I have no interest in predicting future events. It is safe to say that any hint below, that Obama's life may be in extra danger than other incoming presidents, is common knowledge and was speculated upon in the media all through the election process for months. To me personally, my vision images of Lincoln and Twain have more to do with how there are probably never totally clear cut cases of all good and all bad to go along with the mythological versions of our historical heroes and villains. Here's what was at the end of my last post, which was actually put up as an addition to the post of the 17th.
Quote:
3 AM Monday Jan. 19 -- I am doing a quick rearrangement and additions to this post along with the new post title about visionary images. I think (or maybe rather feel) that these things are related.....

Well, I have no time to go into this Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain thing in detail. I am just posting the images and then a link to the article about Obama I saw immediately as a AOL Welcome screen link the next time I went online. It refers to Lincoln's stovepipe top hat. In my vision, the black hat was white. However, I do not necessarily think-feel that this meant something all positive. It may have instead something to do with the Uncle Sam image below. I will say no more on that for now. Bernie may have some interesting things to say about this, let's see...

I sent the article to myself that I saw shortly after having these vision images during an early evening nap:

Subject: Check out Obama Follows Lincoln's Footsteps
Date: 1/17/2009 9:47:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Click here: Obama Follows Lincoln's Footsteps
http://news.aol.com/article/obama-follo ... 1201119607

By Ed Hornick, CNN

posted: 1 DAY 2 HOURS AGO (Jan. 17) -- Call it an Abraham Lincoln obsession gripping political junkies and history buffs everywhere. In the last couple of years, several best-selling books have focused on the life and political skills of the nation's 16th president. And one man in particular has taken a particular interest in not just reading about the Illinois politician, but also modeling himself politically after him.

That man: Barack Obama, who will be sworn in as the nation's 44th -- and first African-American -- president Tuesday. And the obsession is certainly not lost on the president-elect. On January 10, he and his family visited the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Obama will also be the first president to use the Lincoln Bible for his inauguration since Lincoln used it in 1861. Inauguration organizers have said Obama's inaugural theme, "A New Birth of Freedom," was inspired by Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. The president-elect will travel on a whistlestop-like train trip Saturday from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Washington. The tour follows the final leg of the train route taken by Lincoln. And throughout the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama -- a Democrat who hails from the Land of Lincoln -- reminded audiences from coast to coast about the similarities between himself and the beloved political leader. Obama told CBS last year that he was studying up on Lincoln -- who belonged to the Republican Party -- by reading presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin's 2005 book "Team of Rivals," which focuses on Lincoln's Cabinet..... farther down the page is this:

On Friday, the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History celebrated Lincoln's 200th birthday with the new exhibit, "Abraham Lincoln: An Extraordinary Life." The exhibit, according to the museum, brings together an extensive collection -- more than 60 objects associated with Lincoln's life, including an iron wedge used to split wood in the 1830s and his famous top hat, which he wore the night he was shot at Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth.

Tonight while looking up the stovepipe top hat picture, I did one of my accident clicks again and wound up on a page about Lincoln's son Robert Todd Lincoln. When I was about 12, I had a very odd happening in my life... meeting in person the last living male descendant of Lincoln who is mentioned on that page I chanced upon. That's a long story for another time... very, very, very strange.

White Hats and Black Hats
Who's the good guy? Who's the bad guy?

Quote:
...Dictionaries tend to define ‘white hat’ as ‘hero or good man’ and this expression was probably derived from the early cowboy films where the good guys inevitably wore white hats and the baddies wore black hats. Here is a still showing the Laredo Kid (Bob Baker) with the drop on Henchman Joe (Glenn Strange) in the 1938 western ‘The Last Stand’. (From a brief news item with no author given.)

Is this the good guy leaving office?

Is this the bad guy coming into office?

This is a repeat of what I said above about my vision of Lincoln. He was standing alone and from a side view, not in the group of three as in this Civil War photo.
Quote:
In my vision, the black hat was white. However, I do not necessarily think-feel that this meant something all positive. It may have instead something to do with the Uncle Sam image below...

Now we need to take a look at the words of the Battle Hymn of the Republic and the consequences ever since of such a crusading mentality renewed in every generation to right wrongs in very questionable ways politically and militarily.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Battle Hymn of the Republic" is an American abolitionist song, written by Julia Ward Howe in November 1861 and first published in The Atlantic Monthly on 1 February 1862, that became popular during the American Civil War.

President George W. Bush has this crusading battle hymn
performed for the Pope's visit... April 16, 2008...
hmm, wonder why?

US Army Chorus performing "Battle Hymn of the Republic"
on White House Lawn for Pope Benedict

It's time for Mark Twain to comment on this glorious militant
American idealism as he saw it being misused by 1900.

Bust of Twain by Walter Russell, 1935 -- located in the Museum next to
Clemens' Boyhood Home in Hannibal, MO. Photo from the Dave Thomson collection.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Battle Hymn of the Republic, Updated (otherwise known as The Battle Hymn of the Republic (Brought Down to Date) was written in 1901 by Mark Twain, as a parody of American imperialism, in the wake of the Philippine–American War. It is written in the same tune and cadence as the original Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Lyrics by Mark Twain

Mine eyes have seen the orgy of the launching of the Sword;
He is searching out the hoardings where the stranger's wealth is stored;
He hath loosed his fateful lightnings, and with woe and death has scored;
His lust is marching on.

I have seen him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps;
They have builded him an altar in the Eastern dews and damps;
I have read his doomful mission by the dim and flaring lamps—
His night is marching on.

I have read his bandit gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my pretensions, so with you my wrath shall deal;
Let the faithless son of Freedom crush the patriot with his heel;
Lo, Greed is marching on!"

We have legalized the strumpet and are guarding her retreat;*
Greed is seeking out commercial souls before his judgement seat;
O, be swift, ye clods, to answer him! be jubilant my feet!
Our god is marching on!

In a sordid slime harmonious Greed was born in yonder ditch,
With a longing in his bosom—and for others' goods an itch.
As Christ died to make men holy, let men die to make us rich—
Our god is marching on.

* NOTE: In Manila the Government has placed a certain industry under the protection of our flag. (M.T.)

The Guy in the White Hat... Symbol of Our Nation
Old Uncle Sam -- during our supposed just wars -- World War I & II

New Uncle Sam -- during our present and future wars -- World War III & 00000

Suzanne

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:49 am
Profile Personal album

Post The Human Experiment
Suzanne, All;

Here is a confirmation of what Mark Twain’s (1835-1910) Battle Hymn of the Republic insight leads to 100+ years later. The Earth is going to puke – maybe with effects as hard as the dinosaurs experienced.

The Story of Stuff

Gregory

PS Check this article out if you want to see where “leaders” will be heading the herd next. The WORLD needs to go on a vision quest it seems to me.

The Next Bubble

Is Man the only species that will shit in its own nest?

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm
Post rogue waves and vision quest
Hi

I recently watched the history channel which featured a show on the Rogue Wave phenomenon which has been going on forever in the seas of the earth.

Rogue Waves were once thought to occur only rarely but now are seen as occuring quite frequently on the seas and great lakes. A rogue wave is a wave that is at least twice as big as any other wave in the area and is known to capsize cruise ships, tankers, smaller vessels with such speed that there is no way to prepare .

The movie Poiseden advendure was an example of the rogue wave suddenly occuring to an unsuspecting great or small ship.

Research is happening to determine the geological factors under water and above which help shape these monster waves.

Now this is popping into my consciousness in relationship to the situations we are currently faced with now on earth. Certain currents and forces have been set in motion and a rogue wave is developing.

We are all in this together.

So beyond the awareness of all of this distressing news lies the St. Francis Prayer. This is what we can do in the mean time and also during the over turning of our world.

Cetainly all of us on this forum and millions of others are already on a vision quest and have been probably most of their lives. So what is the vision found in the quest.

Each of us will answer this .

Perhaps the quest leads to a place so far beyond the human imagination and all we have known. Perhaps the individual quests coalesce into something far beyond the impossible possible dream.

Tender words and feelings pouring out to you all.

love, Betty

ps -- the musicians on the Titanic played Nearer my god to Thee while the ship sank due to the hubris of the captain.

Verse from Battle Hymn I learned in Christian Science Church as a child ----This is the one I like

"In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea. As He died to make us holy let us live to make us free; As he died to make us holy let us live to make us free-----His Love is marching on."

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:13 am

Post Re: The Human Experiment & World Vision Quest
Gregory Sova wrote:
Suzanne, All;

Here is a confirmation of what Mark Twain’s (1835-1910) Battle Hymn of the Republic insight leads to 100+ years later. The Earth is going to puke – maybe with effects as hard as the dinosaurs experienced.

The Story of Stuff

Gregory

PS Check this article out if you want to see where “leaders” will be heading the herd next. The WORLD needs to go on a vision quest it seems to me.

The Next Bubble

Is Man the only species that will shit in its own nest?

Hi Gregory, You bring up an issue of great importance. That "Story of Stuff" presentation you provided spells it out powerfully but simply enough for all of us to grasp who care to. Several of us have discussed Atomic Suicide here, but even if the world could agree to eliminate all such weapons, we would still be rapidly headed for total annihilation... from the stuff upon stuff upon stuff that we humans keep lusting after. A few years ago online I started discovering sites that describe how we are killing off life in the oceans, poisoning our environment in myriad senseless ways (shitting in our own nests as you put it so vividly), and otherwise making life for all species (except maybe for the cockroaches) impossible to continue on this planet. We do not need the BIG BOOM to end us all in a half hour mass exchange of nuclear weapons. We are doomed within 50 years anyway unless there is a very huge turn around in human habits that emphasize Albert Schweitzer's concept of "Reverence for Life" instead of Lust for Stuff and Greed for More and more and more and more. That brings me back to my recent reflection on Meister Eckhart's view of the phrase... only one thing is needed... whatever that is.

As to vision quest, Ann started a separate important thread on the topic of Bob's Shamanic Journey to Four Possible Futures, where she and I and Betty had some exchanges on what does it take to create a better future if that is actually possible. This was my reply that sums up some of the other info on the thread that I posted Saturday, December 20, 2008:

murraycreek wrote:
Dear Forum Friends,

I apologize for interjecting a new subject while there is still so much left to comment on about Steiner and Sweitzer, etc., etc.

I just posted the following as a blog on http://www.murraycreek.net but really wanted to share it simultaneously here as well as let my family and a few interested friends in on what I have been receiving that has had me so preoccupied the past week or so.

Perhaps now I can go back and pick up on previous threads....

Hi Ann and Betty, I am only going to quote a few things here from your messages for now, starting off with Ann's posting about Bob's vision of alternative futures and then what Betty said.

Quote:
Bob’s 1983 Shamanic Journey to Four Possible Futures.

In recent journal dialogs and ongoing telepathic conversations with Bob he has been urging me to find and transcribe his journal notes from this particular workshop. The impression to do so began after the September 2008 stock plunge of 777.7 points. At the time I had understood this highly remarkable numeric symbolism as “handwriting on the wall”—a major, collective, synchronistic sign pointing to the ending/beginning of a reordering of cultural priorities—even the soon approaching end of the world as it has been understood over the last four-hundred-years’ reign of the “age of reason” and “scientific materialism.” Was this quadrupled number of the completion of a creative process signaling the paradigm shift many have been expecting, and by which the nature of this physical reality will be redefined for future generations?

OTHER PARTS LEFT OUT HERE

The Future Ones

After a break, a second Sioux Dance commenced. Again with left hand on right shoulder and shuffling clockwise, Michael again in the center, the participants bobbed down, then back up, chanting as we did:

Future Ones, Future Ones show us what you know. [Bob notes he was uncertain of the exactness of these words.] We continued in this until falling into the center as in the previous Sioux Dance.

I knew right away that I would have to go through and above the first and second upper worlds. I shot up as if I had a booster rocket attached in the back to my belt. I went right through the first and then the second world. The third world seemed to be all glaring white. The fourth world was dark or very dim. I was moving very fast and may have flashed by other worlds. The upward passage at times appeared blurred.

Then, slowing down, I entered a very strange, surreal, science fiction type world of discharging bolts of energy, and a strange pulsating red light as if from a volcano. There was no sign of life. I came to rest at the top of a very tall steep mountain-like object. I soon began to feel it was alive, that it was one of the Future Ones, but a non human life form. I asked to be shown the future and was answered, a bit sarcastically,

“Which one? The future is not fixed.”

I was told to look up at the horizon. It was a huge world with a horizon much farther in the distance than on earth. I seemed to be swerving as I was shown hundreds of contrasting areas, and as they came into view–not clearly but dimly—the scene was like a huge pie cut in radiating wedges from the point where I was standing.

I then asked to see the most likely futures.

The first I was shown was a Narnia type Golden Age world. Here there were large talking animals in what appeared to be a rich fascinating paradise.

“Is this the best or most likely” I asked.

“Both.” I was told.

The Second world was a super crowded, super technical world.

The Third was the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust

And the Fourth was a Dark Ages.

I asked what I was to do. In answer I was told to continue opening doors into shamanic worlds.

Betty replied: possible futures in our hands
Hi Ann.
I am so grateful you posted this right now.
On Dec. 15 I had the following dream:

I am at a friend's house and she tells me that she has a guest staying with her who wanted to meet me.
She introduces me to Mark. (I have never seen this man before in real life)
Mark says he wanted to see me because he has a message for me which is from ancient prophecies yet relevant for now.

He said that the whole planet would be asked one question.

The earth will have 5 minutes to telephone in the answer. ( telephone is communicated thought process or transmission)

The Future of the planet depended on how the earth answers the question.

I looked at my watch and saw the dial hands on the face turning very fast forward and then spinning backwards and then both ways.

I realized that there was no way with this watch to tell clock time. The watch was useless so I took it off.I then looked at my waist pack that I always wear except this one is made from leather. The purse is dissentegrating and falling apart. It can hold nothing. There is no use carrying anything.

I take it off too and put it down.

end of dream.

I meditated on this dream later but do not want to share the answers I received at this point.

What is important to mention here to all is:

What is this one question whose answer will determine the future of the world.

Later I will reveal what I received in vision question/answer locution.

Love to all
Betty

Suzanne replies: So, I saw this from Ann the other day and Betty's reply also about futures, but I did not have the time or focus to post anything. So, here I am at this Saturday morning. I was thinking about futures and recalled I had sent an E-mail to Ann a few months ago that said Lee indicated that the future is not fixed. I just looked that up a couple of hours ago and saw that I sent it on 9/11. Then I switched back to look at my current E-mail just coming in and a new one that had not been there earlier was from the Noetic Institute. There were a number of choices to click on, but I picked this one:

Transcript Willis Harman on "The Paradigm Shift" - IONS has a long history of visionary leaders who speak potent truths, beginning with our founder Edgar Mitchell. Prominent among these leaders is Willis Harman, who was President for more than twenty years, from 1975 to 1996. It feels appropriate to return to his deep wisdom today and take the long view on history that he offers. This quarterly premium, which we have entitled The Paradigm Shift, offers you some of the most inspired passages from a program Willis recorded in 1988. - Details

OK, first here I will put what I sent to Ann on 9/11. I have to leave out parts that would make it too easy for other people to identify Lee, so lots of this is kind of vague because of that.

Lee says that the future is not totally predetermined to be one way or another. We can change it by personally and collectively altering our "intent" to love and compassion for all -- just as he had changed his BONG (weapon) machine into a potential musical device by a slight alteration in its design. He is trying to teach me how to organize some of the information he has given to me so that it can be posted in the blog in shorter topics more often. He says it does not matter how many actually read it because just the process of our doing this will have a collective effect for the better -- however it is that can work, I do not fully understand...

Here is part of what Willis Harman had to say in the transcript mentioned above:
Quote:
Recognize and affirm the proposition that war can be outlawed only though a total change of beliefs that separate nation from nation, persons from nature and each of us from our own deeper selves. Affirm that this total change in the global mindset can be accomplished. The change will spread mainly from person to person and every individual’s effort counts. Now, we’re not talking about a simplistic power of positive thinking. To hold and affirm the positive image of a world that works for everyone in which there is harmony between people and the earth, that is not simplistic. Because interconnectedness of all minds, affirming a positive vision, may be about the most sophisticated action anyone can take.

Your inner work consists of at least three aspects. One: discover the potentiality of the deep intuition as a guide and resource, this means exploring your own spectrum of creativity. Using relaxation exercises, meditation, maybe even your dreams as resources. The second aspect of inner work is changing your beliefs about the limitations of your capacities. The limits you believe you have are the limits you have. You’ll be amazed at what you can do when you allow yourself to explore the notion of there being no limits to your potential. And the third aspect of inner work is changing your beliefs that collectively held shape the national and global institutions that perpetuate conditions of non-peace in the world.

You probably have little difficulty understanding how your individual beliefs have created problems for you, it’s a bit more difficult to understand how collectively held beliefs create global problems. The fundamental breeding ground of non-peace is the unconscious beliefs that create barriers, separations and tensions. Remember that there can be strong resistance to challenging collectively held beliefs. The church fathers refused to look through Galileo’s telescope because the moons he claimed were traveling around Jupiter, couldn’t possibly be there. We are in a similar position when we seek to unveil collective beliefs that don’t serve us. So the inner work may be unsettling at first; both the work involving self image and the work involving life inhibiting collective beliefs. Yet, as you progress, you’ll find it getting easier and more joyous. As the negative separating beliefs are brought to light, there is a strengthening of the positive vision of a world that could be and an increasing sure footedness with which one undertakes action to bring it about.

It is important to be involved with some work in the world. It will keep the inner work from becoming too introspective and the outer work will be increasingly effective as it is informed by the progress of the inner work. Each one of us has his, or her, own unique outer role to be discovered and played. It may be a significant public role or it may be a small quiet one. It may be the role of social activism or of patient healing, of lecturing to crowds or of taking care of children at home. Whatever it is, do it as well as possible; it’s important. We started off this segment with the question of how we can focus the insights of this program on global peace. I’m afraid the answer I’ve given you is no different than the insight I’ve been trying to communicate all along. The change in the outer world will come as a result of work done in the inner world of our psyches. And since there is no separation, your inner world will benefit as a result of the conscious action choices you make every day.

Gregory, The entire thread that Ann started and Betty's other contributions to it are well worth reading in full at this link in regard to your statement about how... "The WORLD needs to go on a vision quest it seems to me."

Bob's Shamanic Journey to Four Possible Futures

http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?t=790

Suzanne

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:13 am
Profile Personal album
Post just wondering
Hi to all reading this

Lately , actually for some time now , I have been wondering where Ann and also Clarice are. I respect the privacy of all but I just wanted to say you are on my mind quite often Ann and Clarice and hope all is well and to let you know your voices are missed here -----But-------you are always part of my heart.

warm blessings and loving wishes for your currant pilgrimage.

Betty

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Post missed
Hi Betty and all,

Thank you for missing me. I'm away from home again--in Sausalito with my youngest grandchild who in a couple days will be six months old. This little family has just returned from a couple months in Turkey acquainting her with her relatives there.

But I do check the Forum each day for new posts and feel one with you all.

And I did discover a web page a couple days ago that I believe all you Forum sisters would resonate with. Search "annebaring" and her site should come up first on google. All of our concerns are very similar.

With love to all,
Ann

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next