UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
 CROP CIRCLES 2009 

Post CROP CIRCLES 2009
Hey Folks,

well, the crop formations this year began some time ago, in April, most of the wildest and the best showing up in England, the Wiltshire area, as has been the norm with this phenomenon over the years. The question regarding 'who/what created them' is no closer to being solved of course, though UFO and other anomalous activity around the world appears to have stepped up, with many more people reporting on odd incidents, both personal and collective. Recently there was some discussion between several physicists, who have remained anonymous, regarding the scientific data that had showed up in a few of this years earlier formations which pertained to a coming upsurge in sunspot activity. At present we have what is called 'a quiet sun', quite unusually so, but the expectation projected is for much more sunspot and flare activity in the near future, culminating around the 2012 mark. There is so much being written in this regard on both alternative and regular fronts that I will not attempt to place links on this thread, that is, unless the conversations stand out in some way in regard to what we discuss on the forum.

I want to add that I will be updating this thread only occasionally this summer, which means that I'll be looking for things that really attract my attention, as well as perhaps the particular formations which have attracted the most attention in the scientific/esoteric community.

The best to all in the meantime for a great summer. I'll post some formations from May here shortly in the interest of getting this thread rolling -- !

Leaving you now with one of the supposedly earliest recorded illustrations of a crop formation 'in the making' -- here we see the so-called Mowing Devil, creating a circle in a farmers field, circa 1647...

Kristin

(ps) of course feel free to post anything you all deem interesting in this regard -- it's always a fun ride!

Sun May 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Post some May 09 formations...
All of the following formations are from England...

This first from Barbury Castle:

Clatford:

Wiltshire:

And I couldn't resist sending 2 of this Windmillhill formation -- it's so amazing to see them in the context of the countryside around them:

Finally, this fantastic JELLYFISH formation at Wayland Smithy, the last formation for the month of May! Much is being speculated in regard to what this formation may in fact be pointing to -- I will post more info shortly. Basically, the upcoming penumbral eclipses of this summer seem to be being referenced.

best to all,
Kristin

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Post 2009 crop circles
Thanks Kristin<

I had an initial impulse to look for numeric themes on these circles

Barbury Castle has three groups of seven connected, encircling circles around a center unconnected one and which suggested the numeric them of 777 -- triple numbers for me relating to a universal level of meaning.

Also Windmillhill and jellyfish contain seven repeats in arrangements.

I've been looking at seven this week as the summer solstice approaches and the 3 1/2 year or half-way mark of the last seven year cycle leading to winter solstice 2012.

With love,
Ann

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 2009 crop circles - sevens = lost chord?
murraycreek wrote:
Thanks Kristin<

I had an initial impulse to look for numeric themes on these circles

Barbury Castle has three groups of seven connected, encircling circles around a center unconnected one and which suggested the numeric them of 777 -- triple numbers for me relating to a universal level of meaning.

Also Windmillhill and jellyfish contain seven repeats in arrangements.

I've been looking at seven this week as the summer solstice approaches and the 3 1/2 year or half-way mark of the last seven year cycle leading to winter solstice 2012.

With love,
Ann

Hi Ann and Kristen, So, it's crop circle craze time again! Ann, I mentioned last year in a post that when you had inquired about the 8/8/8 formation, I had actually found that picture for it first on the same (believe it or not!) web page as a feature about my One and Only. I had misplaced that link but found it the other night. Sure enough, I did not imagine it. There was an item about him and his best known work, and then as I scrolled down below that, there was the 8/8/8 you said you would like to see if anybody knew where to find it.

Anyhow, as to 777, here is my speculation on that:

The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
Released: July 26, 1968 by Deram Records

LYRICS:

The Best Way To Travel
Mike Pinder

And you can fly
High as a kite if you want to
Faster than light if you want to
Speeding through the universe
Thinking is the best way to travel

It's all a dream
Light passing by on the screen
And there's you and I on the beam

We ride the waves
Distance is gone, will we find out?
How life began, will we find out?

And you can fly
High as a kite if you want to
Faster than light if you want to

The Word
Graeme Edge

This garden universe vibrates complete
Some, we get a sound so sweet
Vibrations reach on up to become light
And then through gamma, out of sight

Between the eyes and ears there lie
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh
And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe
But it's all around if we could but perceive

To know ultraviolet, infrared and X-rays
Beauty to find in so many ways
Two notes of the chord, that's our full scope
But to reach the chord is our life's hope
And to name the chord is important to some
So they give it a word, and the word is...

OM
Mike Pinder

OM

The rain is on the roof
Hurry high, butterfly
As clouds roll past my head
I know why the skies all cry

OM
OM
Heaven
OM

The Earth turns slowly round
Far away the distant sound
Is with us everyday
Can you hear what it says?

OM
OM
Heaven
OM

The rain is on the roof
Hurry high, butterfly
As clouds roll past my head
I know why the skies all cry

OM
OM
Heaven
OM

Suzanne

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile Personal album

Post How about an Institute?
Thanks Kristin - would be nice to have like an institute to advance thoughtful speculation on stuff like this. I've been struck lately after writing an essay on Jon Huntsman (new China ambassador appointee and a Mormon) that the Mormon religion which began its journey in Vermont near where I live is actually a UFO-based theology. The TV shows Battlestar Gallactica was written by a Mormon based on Mormon theology: The premise is that there are 12 colonies in space at war and only one is left - its seeks Earth as there is a psychic rumor that Earth is compatible with this astral form and all world culture from Lemuria to the Egyptians comes from these 12 Astral tribes. What I was thinking was that the three "Men in Black" in UFO lore which appear to be the same archetype as three Wise Men and the Three Visitors are all colorful angels but the Men in Black in fact dress like Mormons. A thought, there.

The Jung Institute seems to have gone astray from the beginning without the actual presence of Jung - in my opinion, it took a wrong turn when James Hillman was there (was Americanized in following the trends of post-war; materialized). Needs a new start. Maybe Remo should hit up a few of the big Swiss deep pockets - Roche, for example, or my favorite Swiss, Marc Faber, the billionaire investor, and start again as per the initiative of Von Franc. This almost appears to have been karma passed on to Remo from von Franc as the John E. Mack thing was.

Feeling also . . . passing thought here generally related to this . . . that the German Angela Merkel has just today taken the lead in the international community as her advise will be correct on the fiscal crisis and the Americans (Fed) and the Brits will be wrong and will face economic collapse. And this: The Astrological ages can be seen as alternating yin and yang. We end now Pisces, a yin age. This was basically the age which built Europe and Aquarius may be an exclusive European adventure as well; so the yin and yang may alternate only in Europe and possibly all the other ten in the 24,000 year cycle. Europe has shown a Logos/Eros relation with Germany (Logos) and France (Eros), Germany (Logos) and Italy (Eros), Germany (Logos) and England (Eros - this in the marriage of the British royal families up to Victoria which were all German houses) and Germany (Logos) and Ireland (Eros - Gunther Grass writes of this). The fundamental contention of the past several hundred years might be seen as Newton (England) vs. Leibnitz (Germany). If we are entering a Logos age - Aquarius - it could mean the rise of Germany (Logos) as the determining culture of Europe and the center of the "German" cake/mandala, Switzerland. I am struck that most of the members of my Campaign for Tibet culture are from Germany. Henrick Herrer's Seven Years in Tibet was a masterpiece journey. Herrer was a Nazi poster boy and Olympian (Titan) - Nazi turned Tibetan Buddhist is a kind of metamorphosis & redemption. The purest Aquarius story of all - and the Lost episodes share this theme (John Locke) - is Mozart's The Magic Flute. Or maybe it is only because I am Irish (Eros in exile) that I look to the Germans (Logos) for clarity. When I worked in publishing we once published a 20 volume set of James Joyce; every word he wrote in colored photocopy: all our editors were Germans. They used to say the Germans liked the Irish because they liked "to get the nit out."

An "institute" but a temple. Something cool like this, Jacob's temple in the foot of Ammit, but this might be a leg.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:28 am
Profile WWW

Hey everyone -- great comments, insights abounding! I figure that any ideas/feelings that come up around these crop manifestations is fodder for this thread. Who knows where we could go? Bernie, like the idea of an institute to 'advance thoughtful speculation' -- think in this regard of Remo's 'profane monastery', a picture of which idea I posted on Ann and Suzannes' blog recently -- comes from a book of alchemic drawings, and includes the Seal of Solomon over the door, as well as another symbolic reference in the form of the crown around the tree trunk..

Another version perhaps of such a 'place' in the form of these serenely austere and beautiful monastic cells in Abiquiu, New Mexico:

In the end however I guess the concretization of such sensibilities as we are talking about here wouldn't serve us, as the ideal that finds 3D form eventually dissolves into hierarchical fixity, as opposed to remaining in free flow --- hence perhaps the sensibility of the Invisible College, as depicted here,

Guess the wedding of chaos and form was never too easy! Tibetan madalas are based on the same precept, that idea of containing the 'outer' in the 'inner', using symbols, with an aim to integration.

O.K., I've a couple of diagrams here re. the Jellyfish crop formation that I wanted to share here:

On the right we do note that the shape of earths magnetic field apparently changes to ressemble -- a jellyfish! -- when buffeted by severe solar storms.

And now we see how this same jellyfish formation appears to line up with the sunset on July 7th...

Interesting how these formations often echo celestial events. More speculation no doubt to come....

Oh, and thanks for those excellent Moody Blues lyrics, Suzanne -- the idea of the Lost Chord seems spot on to our discussion here... that vibrational change we are presently surfing seems wrapped up in the 'vibrational' appearance of these formations for sure.

Ann, the repeat of the " 7 " does seem most significant. Vast. I am fascinated! Keep us posted to the number-wisdom, eh, and I'll keep a lookout for connective clues in my travels.

Yeah, Bernie --- great speculation re. logos/eros above --- what we need is "an institute, BUT A TEMPLE", as you say --- and the Temple is always on the Inside, which is what the cave signified in that last "LOST" episode of the season no doubt. That John Locke went down there, says to me that Logos 'knows' the truth of the 'inner', and when it once again weds (surrenders to) that sensibility (ie. leaves the personal pride aspect behind), that is where we will find the Next World -- one rung up (as down IS up!) the loop to begin again, at the crystalline place of Shamballa...

and the word is OM, and it IS Good!
Kristin

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Post Synchronities about Crop Circles & New Physics
Hi Kristin, I am selecting some parts of your post to respond to. An interesting synchronicity just happened within the last hour while I was looking up some things to use in replies to Ann and Betty over on the Ann/Suzanne blog. Betty had mentioned Manly P. Hall (who I knew very little about) a few days ago. So, I had looked him up, and as I already mentioned, I was rather astonished to find out he was close friends with my two favorite actors, Bela Lugosi and Lew Ayres. Bela died in 1956 when I was about 13. However, in the early 1980s, Lew Ayres (b. December 28, 1908 – d. December 30, 1996) was actually my pen pal of sorts for a few years, as well as a rather frequent dreamland visitor in a role of spiritual guide/friend. Anyhow, that is a story for another time over on the blog. I may not have paid much attention to Betty's mention of Manly P. Hall if a Google search had not quickly resulted in the connection to Lew Ayres. At the end of my reply here, you will see how my saving a video a few days ago about Hall, then led to my finding a video tonight posted by the same person that shows the Earth's magnetic fields as you pictured below.

kristin wrote:
Hey everyone -- great comments, insights abounding! I figure that any ideas/feelings that come up around these crop manifestations is fodder for this thread. Who knows where we could go? Bernie, like the idea of an institute to 'advance thoughtful speculation' -- think in this regard of Remo's 'profane monastery', a picture of which idea I posted on Ann and Suzannes' blog recently -- comes from a book of alchemic drawings, and includes the Seal of Solomon over the door, as well as another symbolic reference in the form of the crown around the tree trunk..

Kristin, I have been intending to comment on the above image but keep putting it off. Over on the blog, I mentioned an "initiation" episode with Lee quite a few days ago involving the two pyramid/triangle images but did not go into more detail about how the two interpenetrated through the touching points to become a 3D transparent star similar to your 2D image on the chapel. I suppose this kind of image is also called a merkaba -- except my version of this appears to be two 4 sided pyramids... I do not know what that would indicate yet.

This significance for me goes back to one of my early posts on the blog Suzanne Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:45 pm - recent BCI healing images, including these:

Quote:
Sometimes it will take me a few days to stick together some kind of image to illustrate the BCI images. These are from only a few days ago. In the process of these changing images, a connection was being expanded to unite belly and heart.

IMAGE #1

This was a crystal clear pyramid that appeared to be one of the four parts in the circle image I gave above. It began to stand out and then alone from the foursome. Then it began to almost come alive like this:

IMAGE #2

I had to think about what kind of image to snag off the Internet to represent the center growth object. This is what I thought was closest to what I had seen:

It is actually a supernova halo as seen in space.

Now back to the smaller Image 2:

This began to grow and expand and the pyramid become very animated with also an element of rotation at times that I think appeared clockwise.

IMAGE #3

This is an image of an animated Christmas tree. This is astonishingly close to what I saw next. A brilliant dancing display of inner lights with flashing pink orbs being the outstanding feature. The rich pink color seemed very central. When I started looking on the Internet for an image, I found that pink crystal is a symbol of the warming and healing of the heart.

There was a point while experiencing these images that I turned over onto my back with my left hand at the heart level and my right hand at the #2 chakra level. There was a unified electrical current that resulted then and that radiated both ways head to feet and back again.

Remo had comments to make about this seeming process:
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5923#5923

Recently Betty asked me if the word I heard (in addition to the lepsi-butterfly one) "cgyni" had anything to do with swans. Yes, indeed, but also Nova Cygni 1992 it turns out was the name of the supernova I used as a picture within the pyramid above without knowing its name at the time I did it. One of these days when I have the time and focus, we will move on to the Constellation Cygnus (Swan) also being called The Northern Cross (Christian symbol), and their relation to Leonardo Da Vinci. It's 6 AM here now, but last evening around 9 I guess, I called and left a message on the answering machine of a man who I will probably be seeing next weekend at a meeting at Swannanoa where Walter and Lao Russell (who Ann and I often mention) had lived. For some reason, I just spontaneously used your term here "Invisible College" to describe to him those Beyond who may be communicating in interrelated ways with some of us. Back on April 4, on the blog I described figuring out who an "Oliver Crane" might be when Lee seemed to convey that name to me about 4 to 6 months before that, meaning sometime last Fall 2008. I made a little joke to Ann in this way at the end here after finding out his identity:
Quote:

Oliver Crane 1936-1992

Hmm, perhaps he is now hanging out with Walter Russell and certain other deceased "eccentric" scientists over in The Beyond which is why Lee would be acquainted with him.

One of the items I posted about Crane then was entitled "The Principle of Resonance and Oliver Crane's Physics". In reading the list of speakers at the gathering at Swannanoa this coming weekend, it turns out the keynote speaker is someone named Nassim Haramein from http://theresonanceproject.org. Look up both of the names at the same time, and this is what you get:

Rupert Sheldrake
Oliver Crane demonstrates the importance of a “breathing” movement in these spherical ..... Nassim Haramein put this out in his "Beyond the Event Horizon" ...
http://www.freedomcrowsnest.org/forum/v ... c611bbe16f - Cached - Similar pages]

Obviously, something is going on here! Oh, by the way, Kristin, Your picture of the Invisible College actually has this name (related to Lee's esoteric background) listed in its Properties: 16_invisible_college_of_rosicrucians_1.jpg

Quote:
Kristin said: In the end however I guess the concretization of such sensibilities as we are talking about here wouldn't serve us, as the ideal that finds 3D form eventually dissolves into hierarchical fixity, as opposed to remaining in free flow --- hence perhaps the sensibility of the Invisible College, as depicted here,

Guess the wedding of chaos and form was never too easy! Tibetan madalas are based on the same precept, that idea of containing the 'outer' in the 'inner', using symbols, with an aim to integration.

O.K., I've a couple of diagrams here re. the Jellyfish crop formation that I wanted to share here:

On the right we do note that the shape of earths magnetic field apparently changes to ressemble -- a jellyfish! -- when buffeted by severe solar storms.

Kristin, I was looking up just a while ago the video I had saved about Manly P. Hall last week or so, which I am posting here now. Then I decided to take a look at what kind of other videos the person had also posted about other topics. Synchronicity again bigtime!

http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulatio ... /home.html

Kristin continued: Oh, and thanks for those excellent Moody Blues lyrics, Suzanne -- the idea of the Lost Chord seems spot on to our discussion here... that vibrational change we are presently surfing seems wrapped up in the 'vibrational' appearance of these formations for sure.

Ann, the repeat of the " 7 " does seem most significant. Vast. I am fascinated! Keep us posted to the number-wisdom, eh, and I'll keep a lookout for connective clues in my travels.

Yeah, Bernie --- great speculation re. logos/eros above --- what we need is "an institute, BUT A TEMPLE", as you say --- and the Temple is always on the Inside, which is what the cave signified in that last "LOST" episode of the season no doubt. That John Locke went down there, says to me that Logos 'knows' the truth of the 'inner', and when it once again weds (surrenders to) that sensibility (ie. leaves the personal pride aspect behind), that is where we will find the Next World -- one rung up (as down IS up!) the loop to begin again, at the crystalline place of Shamballa...

and the word is OM, and it IS Good!
Kristin

Suzanne

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am
Profile Personal album

Post June 12 crop formation and the merkaba light body
The latest formation is this beauty, discovered in Yatesbury, in the Wiltshire area:

If you look closely, you can just make out the intricate cross-hatching on the tail of the great figure. The formation references the mythological bird of resurrection, the Phoenix, but also possibly the great symbolic bird of Zoroastrianism (of course, all symbols linked and become one at 0 point!), as seen here:

In some esoteric texts, the bird which carries Zoroaster is actually understood to reference his 'merkaba' or 'lightbody', which carries the enlightened soul effortlessly across the boundaries of time/space and on into the Beyond... Again, this image highlights the theme of psychophysical resurrection, as we've often discussed on the forum in many contexts. The merkaba, has been linked here on the forum to the UFO, with the suggestion being that each of us are our own UFO, as long as we don't project this energy unconsciously onto the outer world. Thus, working in tandem with the personal 'inner ufo' is part and parcel of the BCI methodology, which Remo puts forward here via his research experience as a potent integrative healing method.

A picture of the merkaba as 'auric' phenomenon, here showing the meeting of two triangles of light, resulting in the Seal of Solomon profile, which represents the coming together of the yin and yang energies in harmonic marriage, is depicted in the following diagram:

and again here,

best,
Kristin

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:30 pm

I appreciate the Seal of Salomon close to a Babylonian sculpture as I found a few months ago a striking coincidence involving these two themas.
There is a curious thing in the book of Jeremiah where the name of Babylon (Bavel in Hebrew, written with the 3 letters BBL) is coded Sheshakh (3 letters SSK, equivalent to BBL in the atbash alphabet).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atbash
Enquiring about this, I paid attention to the reverse Hebrew word LBB, meaning 'heart', pronounced levav, and noticed it was close to Russian lvev, 'lion'.
The winged lion is a representation of Marduk, and the 'lion' led me to the Tokharian form sisak, quite close to the code SSK for BBL.
Unto this point all this was just free associations, but here comes the striking coincidence. The word 'sisak' led me to the Croatian town Sisak, where the main curiosity is a triangular castle.
I knew of another triangular castle, Wewelsburg in Germany, or Wewel's Castle. Well WeWeL could be a German/Polish form for BBL, as Babylon is Vavilon in Russian and Wawilon in Polish, as Ukrainian Lviv (Lion's City) is Russian Lvov and Polish Lwow. Actually it was already suggested long ago that Wawel Hill in Krakow came from Babel.
I couldn't find any other triangular castle still standing on, and Wewel (in this actual form) and Sisak were built about at the same time, and I made this superimpression of two GoogleEarth views, at the same scale, with a slight rotation of Wewel :

I explore some of the aspects of this on my blog, alas in French, beginning there :
http://quaternite.blogspot.com/2009/01/etoile-de-babel.html

This WeWeL-SiSaK Seal of Salomon King is quite striking, as Himmler intended to make of Wewelsburg the mystic center of the new Nazi Reich, after the German victory (fortunately this didn't happen...)
It has to be thought too that the Lion was the For the 20th anniversary of the Pyramid of the Louvre, there was a special program on French TV, with an animation at some times during the films, showing the Pyramid crossing the screen upwards, while the inverted Pyramid crossed it downwards. I could not capture the exact moment where they made a Seal of Salomon, but this gives an idea :
[/size]

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post mysteries and resurrection...
Hi All.

Remi, that is some deep stuff you posted, very interesting. It's amazing how free association lead you to the Seal of Solomon composition comprised of the two triangular castles. So many older architectural sites held sacred significance, and ley line formations reveal just how many of these sites are energetically connected with one another. In addition, it has been conjectured that many of the architectural feats of ancient civilizations can be seen to mimic star formations. This is apparent the world over. As an example from North America, one such site lies in the southwest U.S., a certain set of buildings, long since destroyed, were created by the Anasazi tribe to resonate with the formation of the center of the Milky Way (if I have this right, it has been awhile since I saw the film on this topic!). Very little is known about this early tribe, to whom the present day Hopi Nation is apparently related. In a more widely known example, the configuration of the pyramids at Giza in Egypt, for instance, can be seen to be resonant, in mirror formation, with the Orion cluster:

Certain esoteric groups have also envisaged mirror 'astral' formations floating invisibly above the pyramids themselves, such that they form a sort of hourglass shape in conjunction with one another, creating an extra-dimensional energetic signature, as this abstract picture suggests,

This is reminiscent of the coming together of energies into a vortex or wormhole, possibly suggesting the formation of an extra-dimensional portal or 'stargate', as this sequence demonstrates;

A static example of an Einstein-Rosen Bridge or Schwarzchild Wormhole here;

I like your description of this phenomenon via the animation sequence from the film for the anniversary of the pyramid at the Louvre, Remi, where the two sides are on the point of merging. From attempting the same excersize on paper I have experienced quite a few insights in regard to the 'merkaba' or 'light body' concept, especially when I worked with a meditating figure inside of both the upper and lower triangles. Interesting results. As the two figures merged slowly into one, I was treated to an image which revealed the belly button and the third eye meeting in the center of the Seal of Solomon formation...! It can be seen through this excersize that the third eye, esoterically at least, does in fact reside/have it's home, 'within the belly' --- definately food for thought, given Remo Roth's insights regarding the BCI methodology.

There have been several more crop formations that are worth a look, which I will post below asap. In the meantime, I leave you with this rendering of Ezekiel in his UFO 'chariot', the personal resurrected body or 'merkaba' ---

So, is the phenomenon of the UFO actually the merkaba or subtle body, which we tend to project onto the world outside, thus seeing these configurations everywhere nowadays? The thought is that if we tend to the 'inner UFO' as Remo has postulated, the outer UFO will perhaps become unnecessary. If we, in other words were able to 'integrate', to contain and enhance the subtle body energies, would we no longer need the dream of a 'saviour' arriving 'from without', from the skies, in turn no longer create destructive fantasies which we project so readily onto the outer world, creating by this very scenario, via our energetic anxiety, exactly that we wish most to avoid?... The spectre of Armageddon may in fact be just such a projection, something we could in fact avoid by aiding the tikkun via peaceable self-containment, contemplative self-possession, helping via 'passive activity', the wu wei way, God/dess with his/her creation, as Issac Luria, the great Kabbalist, once speculated..

best,
Kristin

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Post end of June formations..
Hey all,

have chosen a few end of June formations for your viewing pleasure.

First, fish in the field over at Bishops Canning....

Then, at Wayland Smithy, the 'two birds' motif:

Finally, this stunner from Milk Hill, apparently appeared in 3 parts, here is the first:

2 looks at the final shape of the formation (with the famous White Horse glyph in the background):

Over at Crop Circle Connector, the great site from which I get most of the images I post here, there is talk of this formation seeming to image some kind of enigmatic navigational tool or resonance 'device'. For sure, the first thing I felt when looking at it, was that it referenced complex harmonics in some way.... How about you?

Let's see what July will bring.... :)

best,
Kristin

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Post symbolism of the magic flute
Does anyone else see the form of the mythological Hopi healer, trickster, and fertility symbol, Kokopelli, in this formation?

Kokopelli is generally depicted as a flute playing hunchbacked figure with a crest on his head, and is sometimes portrayed with a penis, sometimes without. In some ancient drawings he is depicted as an insect-like figure, known to carry seeds on his back in a pack, ostensibly why he appeared as hunchbacked.

Some traditional images of Kokopelli:

The one we are most used to seeing..

a rendering of the 'insect' version in rock art...

..a Hopi traditional rendering, from indigenous ritual (Kokopelli to the left...):

The flute Kokopelli played had magical properities, which for me references that idea of cosmic/telluric harmonics -- the idea of a 'resonant navigational device' does not seem far removed from, seems in fact to jibe well, with the myth of Kokopelli!

Isn't it interesting that an ancient flute was recently unearthed in an archeological dig in Germany???

!

Kristin

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:37 pm
Founder

Post New Crop "Circle" in Switzerland
All

A very funny crop "circle" was discovered in Switzerland, near the place where I grew up.

See http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz/sta ... y/10164383

It seems to be a three-dimensional spiral.

Remo

The more loved by the wise.'
(C.G. Jung, MDR, p. 253)

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 am
Profile WWW

Post The Sisak's castle pattern
Thanks to everybody here to have awaken my interest in CCs.
While my previous post was about the Seal of Solomon King obtained by a superimpression of GoogleEarth views of the only triangular castles I know of, SiSaK and WeWeL, these names looking like Hebrew Babel and its atbash code Sesak, ...

rémi wrote:
There is a curious thing in the book of Jeremiah where the name of Babylon (Bavel in Hebrew, written with the 3 letters BBL) is coded Sheshakh (3 letters SSK, equivalent to BBL in the atbash alphabet).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atbash
The word 'sisak' led me to the Croatian town Sisak, where the main curiosity is a triangular castle.
I knew of another triangular castle, Wewelsburg in Germany, or Wewel's Castle. Well WeWeL could be a German/Polish form for BBL, as Babylon is Vavilon in Russian and Wawilon in Polish.

... I found there was a Sisak's castle pattern Image within the CCs, and that it appeared first 3 times in July 1992, 2 first cases in Germany and one in Oliver's Castle, this last case on July 24th (saint Kristin), allegedly foretold (I do not feel obliged to believe this).
Yet I'm puzzled with that name, as OLIVER is made of three couple of letters EV, IR, LO, symmetrical in our alphabet as are BBLSSK in the Hebrew alphabet.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M
Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N

Then no other "Sisak's castle" until 3 years later.
It's strange that the two German CCs are close to the triangle Oliver-Sisak-Wewel, shown on my blog.
http://quaternite.blogspot.com/2009/07/33145.html
Strange too that the only CC Seal Image which looks like a superposition of two Sisak's patterns was in RED DEeR (Alberta), almost a palindrom.

My CC investigation made me discover Gerald Hawkins' theorems. Well I cannot agree with him, but there is something striking besides Remo Roth's insights about the Seal of Solomon, which he sees an intermediate step to construct a square in the circle :
http://www.psychovision.ch/synw/sealofs ... 2.htm#5214
I mix it with Hawkins' theorems 2-3-4 to get this,
where, forgetting my bad drawing, the four crowns A,B,C,D are equal.
In other words, stated the area of the external circle is 4,
the area of the circle inscripted in the hexagon is 3,
the area of the circle inscripted in the SoS is 1,
the area of the circle inscripted in the square is 2.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

Post Kokopelli crop circle, DNA as mobius, etc
Kokopelli crop circle as DNA ladder

Hi All,

Going back to Remo’s post of today (19th of July), and the crop circles Kristin posted several weeks ago, she asks if anyone sees the form of the Flute Player in these. Yes, the configuration—the curve of the figure at the top of the circle—emerges for me. And then I count a progression of diminishing in size and number circles and even the oblongs. Below these and as if coming out of these, I see a repeat of the diminishing in size and number of circles as 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 - 1 .

This suggests to me a countdown along a diminishing time line.

Going to Remo’s post of today (19th) in which he observes that it appears “ . . . to be a three-dimensional spiral”. Here instead of circles the repeat pattern of the spiral is expressed as connecting rungs along a ladder—like in a DNA spiral. If we begin with the largest and inward winding of a 3 dimensional spiral, I can count, not counting the ending/beginning one, four rungs, and then increasing in number of rungs to 5, 6, 7, 8 (possibly). It is not clear to me if the rungs are actually increasing or if, counting the bottom rung of the first ladder there are five 5 rungs on each of spirally windings.

I would like to suggest the pattern here is a combination of numeric/geometric symbolism depicting a three dimensional spiral corresponding to the familiar DNA spiral, which here also suggests the inside/outside properties of a mobius strip. As a moving and ascending spiral, I am reminded of Teilhard de Chardin’s description of the evolutionary spiral towards Point Omega as “forward and upward.”

Could it also be possible that when mathematically analyzed this spiral has golden mean proportions with movement towards a “zero point singularity,” and analogous to Terrence McKenna’s model and the Mayan 2012 date?

With the summer equinox of 2009 we crossed the mid point of the last seven years of the historic cycle of 5,120 (?) years the Mayan calendar tracks. In the prophetic cycles and their numbers of the Bible the three-and-one-half point of the seven-year “tribulation” cycle is when the symbolism (in Revelations) shifts into high gear. With this particular mind set that I seem to be tuned into I would expect to see some obvious shift begin to emerge in collective ways, something by which we are clued into the “signs of the times.”

Perhaps Suzanne will again come to my rescue and bring down the crop circle images above from Kristin's and Remo’s posts.

Peace and all good to all,
Ann

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

Post To Ann - copying pictures from other posts
Hi Ann, I keep meaning to reply to a lot of posts here at the forum, especially since we have been getting some very awesome new ones from a number of folks, but instead of having more time during my two weeks of vacation... I am instead in the midst of elaborate (both positive and negative) recalls of my early life experiences, plus throwing in some seeming past life memories into the brew. My old friend, I met when we were both 12 and last spoke with 35 years ago, and I have been exchanging E-mails and having very long phone conversations, since she can do long distance for any number of hours for some fantastically low rate. We must have spent half a day on the phone yesterday. Since we both had alcoholic parents, both ran away from home at 17 for that reason, and both got married at 18 more or less in order to survive -- we have such a similar history and shared memories of many of the specifics as they were happening. I gave her a link to our Ann-Suzanne Blog, and she is going to be reading it through this week. I am going to be catching up in posting to Jan as well as commenting on posts in this thread made by Kristin, plus I need to take a close look at that picture Remo posted.

I might as well do the "how to copy pictures" thing by showing you how to get one of the "magic flute" related pictures to show up here. From the library recently I got a DVD of The Magic Flute Opera by Mozart. I am not sure if that was before or after Kristin's post, but I will check the library receipt to see. Anyhow, my friend coming back into my life has also brought up a supposed past life I had which ended in the 1930s, because she also has seeming memories from that time when we appear to have been siblings. When my first husband died in late 2004, I had a huge surge of those past life recalls. This was in part because a man who I met at 15 and I also supposedly had known as himself, not in another identity in the 1930s, was the person who introduced me to the man who became my husband when I was 18. He was a musician who loved the music of Mozart, and in dreams I had after he died in 1964, one was of me as his best friend, about 30 years earlier, buying a biography of Mozart to give to him as a present. In computer files I saved in 2004, related to my first husband's death and unusual happenings at the time, I have information that somehow the opera of "The Magic Flute" was very important to something for me to understand. I have never followed up on that until now. Hmm, this is getting a bit long... I am going to post it before I lose it and then add to it... here goes.

HOW TO COPY

OK, here is what Kristin said June 28:

Quote: symbolism of the magic flute

Does anyone else see the form of the mythological Hopi healer, trickster, and fertility symbol, Kokopelli, in this formation? End

OK, next I will tell you how to get the same picture she used into your own post without doing it by QUOTE of her entire post in a direct reply. Scroll up to the picture you want. Right click on it. A gray menu will appear. Scroll down on it to "Properties". Left click on that word. Then a gray box appears with info about the picture. At the word "Location", start at the beginning of the http and make sure you highlight it to copy all the way over to the right to the end which will usually be a jpg or a gif. Then paste it in where you want it in your own post.

http://unus-mundus.fr/userpix/1 ... anes_2.jpg

As you can see of course, it is already stored here at the forum. Someone clicking on the link above then can see it but not as a picture in your post. You have to put img before and after it like this:

It stays as a link until you remove the spaces and make them: [img]http%20and%20jpg[/img]

Then, VOILA, you get this where you want it:

Suzanne

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 am
Profile Personal album

Post copying pictures
Many thanks Suzanne,
I've printed out your directions on a separate sheet and try and keep them handy
It sounds like much is bubbling to the surface of many of our lives.
And hard to keep up with it all.
With love, Ann

Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 am
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Post Mormons
Jan - Have suggested here that the Remo forum could have developed qualities of a sanga or a group that has qualities of collective unconscious. So I sometimes look at the dreams posted here as motifs for what is going on elsewhere in the world as that person goes on in the world. So I thought I would point out that your dream here with the female Pope and male Pope suggests Mormon cosmology which I've been thinking about quite a lot lately. The Book of Mormon is from the first and foremost new age religion and the most successful one. It is virtually a UFO inspired cosmology with the idea of a Celestial Mother and a Celestial Father and 12 cosmic tribes which live in the Universe and have sent life to the earth over the millenia, so they see the Egyptians, Abraham, Christ, etc. as cosmic beings. They dress in white to enter temple. They have incidentally restored the ancient temple, much like the old temple of the Jews.

Here are some LDS kids lining up for baptism.

The Mormon journey from Vermont to Utah is one of history's fateful stories. Mormons have their own American Creation Myth. Here is their temple in the desert in Utah. Most Americans react to Mormons with fear and denial.

This is the only "new" religion that I know of that has restored the temple as it existed in Abraham's day. Possibly it is a human necessity. These people have "moved" Rome - the celestial center of Christendom - as Dali illustrates in this picture and they have moved it to a sparse desert. Mormons are a millennial "end times" church. They are beginning to come to power in America and I believe will play a force here in the "new world" for centuries to come. That is part of my August 8 intuition.

A country that gives Octomom a reality TV show is a country that is falling apart. Falling apart has been part of the American process since my grandparents came here from Ireland 100 years. Everything falls apart. The Mormons remain standing.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Mormons
Bernie and all,

I find the the above post's perspective on Mormons extraordinarily interesting. I have been following the writings of an English biblical scholar, Barbara Barker, for a number of years. In recent years she has been adopted by Mormon theologians. They even invited her to BYU to speak, which video of one of her talks I have. See wiki link below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Barker

Quote:
Margaret Barker, a Methodist preacher, studied theology at the University of Cambridge, after which she has devoted her life to research in ancient Christianity. She has developed an approach to Biblical studies known as Temple Theology. She was president of the Society for Old Testament Study in 1998[1], and in July 2008 she was awarded a DD by the Archbishop of Canterbury[2].

Anyway, her main field of interest is the symbolism of Solomon's temple and she claims we have only begun to understand the significance of the discovery of the Qumran scrolls, and which finding I would note coincided with the 1945 atomic explosions which at the time I recall being discussed as a watershed by which time would ever after be divided. The image of the ominous mushroom cloud was forever burned into the collective consciousness, similar in more recent memory to the explosive 2001 image of the Twin Towers.

Berne, I'd like to hear more around your and others' thoughts on the Mormons. I have a personal interest in a grandson who recently was converted and baptized into the Mormon church. And yes, there is a girl involved who is headed to BYU this fall. The girls mom is from a line of born-Mormon women who first converted and then married not-raised Mormon men which if you think about it is an interesting way within that faith for the strength of the feminine to shift away from hierarchical masculine influences.

Peace,
Ann

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post More Mormons
Ann - I'll reveal my own running stream of consciousness which runs in my head for decades now alert to different symbols and my own "cosmology" - as I've said here elsewhere I see the Surrealist Movement - not those since, but only those in the specific group which ran parrallel to Jung and Freud's Vienna Circle - as a kind of "prophecy" by which I mean a group or a series of individuals who have access to a different quality of time than we normally do - similar to Russian Orthodox "Chronos" - aspects of time as virtually one moment with different manifestations. So as I must have said here before I saw the apple as the symbol of the "world tree" and a number of indications of it; thus the apple would be the sign of communion; union of the group.

This picture is titled Son of Man by Magritte - second only to Dali in the circle and was painted in 1964. Son of Man is a reference to the Book of Daniel.

This definition is from the Catholic Encyclopedia;

In the great vision of Daniel, after the appearance of the four beasts, we read: "I beheld therefore in the vision of the night, and lo, one like a son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and he came even to the Ancient of days: and they presented him before him. And he gave him power, and glory, and a kingdom: and all peoples, tribes, and tongues shall serve him: his power is an everlasting power that shall not be taken away: and his kingdom shall not be destroyed" (vii, 13 sq.). The person who appears here as son of man is interpreted by many non-Catholics as representing the Messianic kingdom, but there is nothing to prevent the passage from being taken to represent not only the Messianic kingdom, but par excellence the Messianic king. In the explanation, verse 17, the four beasts are "four kings" R.V., not "four kingdoms" as translated by D. V., though they appear to signify four kingdoms as well, for the characteristics of oriental kingdoms were identified with the characters of their kings. So when it is said in verse 18: "But the saints of the most high God shall take the kingdom: and they shall possess the kingdom for ever and ever", the king is no more excluded here than in the case of the four beasts. The "son of man" here was early interpreted of the Messias, in the Book of Henoch, where the expression is used almost as a Messianic title, though there is a good deal in Drummond's argument that even here it was not used as a Messianic title notwithstanding the fact that it was understood of the Messias. It has to be added that in the time of Christ it was not very widely, if at all, known as a Messianic title.

I related this most of my adult life to The Beatles which tumbled down the airplane to JFK around 1964 when Allen Ginsburg said, "Liverpool is at the present moment the center of the consciousness of the human universe." The symbol of the Beatles was a green apple as they named their corporation Apple.

I've talked a lot here about The Beatles as a quaternity "rising from the dead' as on the cover of this album - leaving behind the "old bodies" in the Beatles haircuts as an empty shell, as Khrishna pushes aside the old body and rises like a butterfly in a dance of "living and dying" - the essential archaeological relic of the Sixties is this Apple cover around 1967 for Sgt. Peppers. Jung incidently, top row center to the left of Edgar Allen Poe:

But to tell the truth my interest in Mormons started when my 14-year-old daughter brought Daddy-o to see Twilight a few months ago. Twilight is a Mormon vision by a Mormon dreamer. Stephanie Meyers, a Mormon, learned to write so as to put down a dream she had all in one night which was the book Twilight. I find this book to archaelogically fascinating because it is a "return of the gods" myth. All vampire movies can be seen as "empty crypt" myths; when the European Christians lost their traditional faith the vampire story arose: the Christ no longer rose from the earth; the crypt was empty and a dark thing - shadow [sexual shadow usually and violent; the dark moon of Love] - replaced it. This is parrallel to Rabbi Loeb of Prague's finding Golum - carving a violent "god" or malevolent "savior' to which we are disconnected in the absence of loss of God [it is like the shell of God left behind when the age passed] ; Rabbi Loeb's vision is of the Silence of God - all Frankenstein and what not stories of homunculous follow - carving god in the absence of or shadow of God. But in these Twilight stories the vampires are gods who seek to control their beastial nature. The humans actually resemble the near dead; random, disorganized, maliable. The vampires in the Twilight stories cannot come out to the sun because they will be seen to be gods; The Shining Ones. The symbol on the book, although it has virtually nothing to do with the story or the movie is a ripe apple. In "New Moon" the second book which comes out in a movie in October, the Volturi are revealed - the Volturi are clearly old world Italian Roman Catholics. The Vampires can be seen as Aquarians - gods - born to our millennium. They look only to the ancient Roman Catholics for clues on how to control their beastial nature.

I also felt these things would open up when the saeculum - the post-war period - was 64. That is, "when I'm 64" as The Beatles sang - when the saeculum is 64 and as I am a war baby, that is next year as that is when I will be 64.

There is a very fascinating set of DVDs - also linked if you Google "The Mormons PBS" on their web site - here I think: The Mormons PBS. It is a series narrated by a bunch of scholars about the Mormons' American journey across the country to the desert. It was done here in Boston a few years ago probably because this Irish and traditionally Anglo-Protestant town suddenly had a Mormon governor. One of the narrators is the great Yale scholar Harold Bloom. Prof. Bloom puts the Mormons in the context of the Roman Catholic tradition and the Jewish tradition. He considers Joseph Smith to be a prophet and seer in this same tradition as Abraham.

More on my own cosmology. I personally see the American journey as one which has not begun yet and when it does begin it will begin in the western states. The East in imprisoned by constantly looking back across the Atlantic where most of us in the NY/New England region came from. It is a curse. The gods curse those who look back. The original Mormons are pure English stock who put Europe behind them entirely. Bloom almost suggests that the Mormons will be to the American journey what the Jews were to the rise of Europe's governance systems in the 12 th century and the Roman Empire via Catholicism - the structural basis for the American future. Time virtually began again with Brigham Young in Utah. They are free from the past; that is, "born again" to time in a new desert.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

Post Temple not made by human hands
murraycreek wrote:
Quote:
Margaret Barker, a Methodist preacher, studied theology at the University of Cambridge, after which she has devoted her life to research in ancient Christianity. She has developed an approach to Biblical studies known as Temple Theology. She was president of the Society for Old Testament Study in 1998[1], and in July 2008 she was awarded a DD by the Archbishop of Canterbury[2].

Anyway, her main field of interest is the symbolism of Solomon's temple and she claims we have only begun to understand the significance of the discovery of the Qumran scrolls, and which finding I would note coincided with the 1945 atomic explosions which at the time I recall being discussed as a watershed by which time would ever after be divided. The image of the ominous mushroom cloud was forever burned into the collective consciousness, similar in more recent memory to the explosive 2001 image of the Twin Towers.

Peace,

Ann

Hi Ann, You and I were mentioning Bill Moyers in some of our recent E-mail. That got me to thinking about Grace Halsell who worked in the LBJ White House at the same time as Moyers did in the 1960s. They both departed due to differences with LBJ over the conduct of the Vietnam War. I met Grace Halsell and used to talk with her by phone about the Middle East situation and the likelihood of an eventual disasterous confrontation over what is called "the Temple Mount" area in Jerusalem that could lead to World War III. I'll have to take a look at what Margaret Baker has to say about this. The literalist fanatics are at it again, and another dangerous provocation is planned for next Thursday. I really do not know much about the symbolic nature of any Temple theology, possibly because I do not particularly care to dwell at all on any emphasis other than what Jesus reportedly said over two thousand years ago that a physical location was not important, such as in the Gospel of John 4: 19-26.

19The woman said to him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet! 20Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain. But you Jews say that the place where people should worship is in Jerusalem.”

21Jesus said to her, “Believe me, dear lady, the hour is coming when you Samaritans will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You don't know what you're worshiping. We Jews know what we're worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews. 23Yet the time is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit[i] and truth. Indeed, the Father is looking for people like that to worship him. 24God is spirit,[j] and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”23

25The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming, who is being called ‘Christ’. When that person comes, he will explain everything.”

26Jesus said to her, “I am he, the one who is speaking to you.”

----------------------------------------

Jul 23, 2009 11:50 | Updated Jul 23, 2009 22:22
Hundreds planning Temple Mount ascent

The Temple Mount Faithful is planning to conduct its annual march to the Temple Mount next week to protest the US demand to cease construction in east Jerusalem, its leader announced Thursday.

Gershon Salomon said that he hoped that this year hundreds would turn out for the Tisha Be'av event to protest US pressure to stop settlement activity, as well as building in eastern Jerusalem. In the past, the gatherings have attracted only a dozen or so participants.

The march by the fringe group, which is pending police approval, has been thwarted by police in years past, when Judaism's holiest site was closed off to non-Muslims on the fast day due to concerns of possible violence at the holy site.

"We're concerned that in the end, the Temple Mount will be part of a Palestinian state, with US backing," Salomon said. "We will say to [US President Barack] Obama, 'Get your hands off Jerusalem and the land of Israel!"

The planned event includes a morning protest outside the Temple Mount, as well as group ascent to the holy site.

Jerusalem Police spokesman Shmuel Ben-Ruby said Thursday that police will review any request for a demonstration next week.

The 25-hour fast day, the darkest day on the Jewish calendar, marks the destruction of the two ancient temples at the site.

The Islamic group which administers the ancient compound is vehemently opposed to the entry of nationalist Jews to the site.

SOURCE: Jerusalem Post
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 277871142&
pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

"You are the temple of the living God." (2 Cor 6:16).

Suzanne

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:11 am

Post Re: Mormons & Theocracies in General
murraycreek wrote:
Bernie and all,

I find the the above post's perspective on Mormons extraordinarily interesting. I have been following the writings of an English biblical scholar, Barbara Barker, for a number of years. In recent years she has been adopted by Mormon theologians. They even invited her to BYU to speak, which video of one of her talks I have. See wiki link below

-------------------------------

Bernie, I'd like to hear more around your and others' thoughts on the Mormons. I have a personal interest in a grandson who recently was converted and baptized into the Mormon church. And yes, there is a girl involved who is headed to BYU this fall. The girls mom is from a line of born-Mormon women who first converted and then married not-raised Mormon men which if you think about it is an interesting way within that faith for the strength of the feminine to shift away from hierarchical masculine influences.

Peace,

Ann

Hi Ann, The Mormon religion like so many others is a theocracy. There are very precise beliefs and rules. Those who question too much and do not fit in are excommunicated. The outcasts are then shunned even by their own family and friends. The Baha'i religion that I left does the same thing on a somewhat milder level. These folks and many other groups that have a number of very positive qualities in spite of the negative issues are not Unitarians or other free-thinker faiths. There would be no separation of church and state in a Mormon nation. Anyhow, I do not want to get into the particulars. You can see more about this in a book by a former Mormon, Arza Evans, a retired college professor from Utah:

Excerpt: The first of my new feelings was fear. What will become of me? Will I lose my marriage and my family? And even if my wife stays with me, will she be angry and heartbroken? I was quite sure that my parents and my brothers and my sister would be either angry or heartbroken or both. Will I lose my job and have to move my family if I still have a family to move? Will they excommunicate me? (They did.) How many friends will I lose? Can I stand not being able to see my own children get married if they choose to get married in an LDS temple?

And what if I am wrong? Should I trust my own mind or just follow Church leaders? My parents and my brothers and my sister are intelligent people. Why don't they see the same deception that I see? Also, I am a fairly intelligent person. Why did it take me so many years to discover the truth? This is really scary. My eternal salvation may be at stake here! Should I bet everything I have on this or should I fold?

My fears were so strong that for a number of years I kept my true thoughts and feelings to myself. I became a "closet doubter." This was not good for my physical or mental health. But after all, how much should a person be willing to sacrifice on the alter of truth?

Fear is what keeps many people, even Church leaders, active in Mormonism. A woman friend of mine went to her stake president to get her temple recommend signed. He said, "Where is your husband?" She said, "He doesn't believe in the Church anymore." The stake president said, "Why not?" The woman said, "My husband started doing research into Church history and it made him see things in an entirely different way." The stake president said, "I know what you mean. I started to read THE JOURNAL OF DISCOURSES and other Church history books. It nearly destroyed my testimony. I had to quit reading those things."

A good question for every LDS man and for every LDS woman to ask is, "What would I do differently in my life if I were not afraid?"

http://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Mormonis ... 0972881301

Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:16 am
Profile Personal album

Post More on Mormons
Bernie,

Thank you for your follow up on the Mormons. Fascinating.

My interest in the Mormons goes back to when I was a junior in high school taking American History. I chose the Mormon religion as my term paper theme. I have no idea why but I still have the paper I wrote which is absolutely the only thing from my years in school I saved. That would have been 65 years ago and although in my life I have been exposed to sufficient critical assessment to cause me to be prejudiced, for the most part I have remained open to a sense that their positive practices may out weight the negative. In any event, there is something that definitely intrigues me about their belief system and cosmology, something I have always felt missing from my Protestant religious background.

By the time I read Margaret Barker’s The Great Angel—A Study of Israel’s Second God—my husband had been practicing shamanism for twenty-five years, not because he set out to do so but from his close brushes with death he may have experienced a spontaneous initiation enabling him to move between worlds. It was therefore with great interest that I read Barker’s assessment that such initiation and subsequent ability was one of several important aspects of the religion of ancient Israel that had been lost in the temple destructions and the exiles. Jesus, she contends, was at odds with the priesthood and temple of his day and his mission had not been to start a new religion but to restore what had been lost, including the shamanic or chariot ascent as described in Ezekiel, as well as common belief in ancient Israel that Yahweh had a constort--a co-ruling goddess--whose name was Sophia or Wisdom. Other lost elements had been a cosmological inclusion of multiple levels or heavens, peopled by angels and other spiritual beings. In this context Barker writes:

Quote:
The heavenly journey reinforced the belief that the ordinary world of human existence and the upper world of their mythology were once in a harmony which had been destroyed by the action of evil forces. The shaman had to repel these forces and thus restore the cosmic harmony. As a result of his initiation he [the shaman] had enhanced powers of vision and hearing; he could see into the very nature of things and understand the processes of life itself. Thus he became a healer. The commonest way to induce the experience of ascent was by fasting, lightening the body so that the soul could fly. Once the shaman figure had ascended to the heavenly places and knew the secrets of the creation, he enjoyed a life which had already passed through death, and he became a being from another world.

The interest and respect Barker and the Mormons hold for one another would seem to be the cosmologically similar belief systems of ancient Israel and the Mormon religion, and similar also to that of India where the sacred geometry and associated ritual of the Temple is understood as a harmonizing influence or instrument in an interchange of spiritual and material forces in order to maintain and sustain a sense of well-being and balance between heaven and earth. This comes through in a supreme fashion in the biblical description of the dedication of Solomon's temple.

Bernie also mentions the saeculum or post-war period as 64.

Quote:
That is, "when I'm 64" as The Beatles sang - when the saeculum is 64 and as I am a war baby, that is next year as that is when I will be 64

Somehow the Beatles passed me by, perhaps during the years I was totally pre-occupied with the personal survival of an only child attempting to raise six kids. However, I think I must also have innate interest in the symbolism of numbers, perhaps inherited from one of my grandfathers who wrote in some genealogy notes that as a boy he recalled himself walking along the railroad tracks by a cemetery when his eye caught a tombstone with the year 1888 on it and how he had been interested in this symbolic aspect of numbers all of his life.

So 64 as 8 times 8 would definitely tie into August 8th and to your 64th birthday as a meaningful numeric occurrence. And also related to the 8 by 8 (64) squares of the sacred gnomon basis of the Hindu temple. I will try and follow up with this last.

Again from Bernie

Quote:
"The Mormons PBS" on their web site - here I think: The Mormons PBS. It is a series narrated by a bunch of scholars about the Mormons' American journey across the country to the desert. It was done here in Boston a few years ago probably because this Irish and traditionally Anglo-Protestant town suddenly had a Mormon governor. One of the narrators is the great Yale scholar Harold Bloom. Prof. Bloom puts the Mormons in the context of the Roman Catholic tradition and the Jewish tradition. He considers Joseph Smith to be a prophet and seer in this same tradition as Abraham.

I followed the link, listened to the first part of this very ambitious PBS series and have it bookmarked to get back to it. A number of years ago I read a book by Harold Bloom including a chapter on the Mormons. As I recall he noted and elaborated on it as being the only homegrown American religion.

What interests me in Bernie’s prophetic commentary relates to or suggests the possible future it may fall upon the Mormon Church to fill in this present or near-future time when “civilization,” as Jung held, “is in transition.” In the present cultural and economic disintegration “containers” will be needed. Interdependence will be vital to survival. A structure-less culture is scary and brings up images of wandering, armed, maundering bands. In that kind of a scenario Salt Lake City might be preferable to New York City, or a local small town Mormon Church where persons have learned how to cooperate for their common well-being and who have developed a sense of community. Perhaps the reason I as a teenager quickened to something about the Mormons was because I was raised by a single mom in the midwest with all my aunts, uncles and cousins on the west coast, and I felt very “uncontained.” Bob, also, through tragedy and as a teenager, had lost his “container.” Out of our emotional needs for family and a sense of community we set about to raise a large family which extended also to include a spiritual family of like-minded (make that non-conformist) seekers. This of course precluded us from being Mormons or had we ventured there would have guaranteed our ex-communication. But in different times or circumstances, who can say?

Another note from Bernie

Quote:
More on my own cosmology. I personally see the American journey as one which has not begun yet and when it does begin it will begin in the western states. The East in imprisoned by constantly looking back across the Atlantic where most of us in the NY/New England region came from. It is a curse. The gods curse those who look back. The original Mormons are pure English stock who put Europe behind them entirely. Bloom almost suggests that the Mormons will be to the American journey what the Jews were to the rise of Europe's governance systems in the 12 th century and the Roman Empire via Catholicism - the structural basis for the American future. Time virtually began again with Brigham Young in Utah. They are free from the past; that is, "born again" to time in a new desert.

Again, fascinating. Just the other day in going through some of my mom’s old files I found a photocopy from a chapter in a book titled Lumuria. The chapter title was Mysterious California. A year ago in researching “sons of Elijah” (meaning of Elliott surname) I found several articles in a Rosicrusian magazine about the presence of the Carmelites in the Carmel area of California a century before the Franciscans. In the chapter on California in the book titled Lumuria, the author refers to the writings of Edward Everett Hale (I haven’t followed up on this yet) in regard to ancient records which place California as part of existing remnants of Lemuria and suggests its original peoples may have been decedents of Lumurians. I know next to nothing about this but your above-quoted paragraph makes me curious to know more.

Well all for now and with appreciation for your thought provoking sharings.

Ann

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am

Post Lemuria
Ann - Thanks for your thoughtful comments. What you said about CA being a remnant of Lemuria is very interesting. SEveral years ago I emailed daily with a woman from Australia who has having a long series of dreams - eight months - and at the end I sent her info on Lemuria as a kind of "unconscious" of India rising to Buddhism in China and zen in Japan. But when I clicked off my conversation with her then I noticed a Yahoo story about how anthropologists had discovered that there was an early journey to America from near the sub-continent that preceded the Native American's journey across the Bering Strait. This would be the region of Lemuria that you mention. Madame Blavatsky also said that CA would be the beginning of a great spirit movement. There are some thoughts here somewhere about 64 - Remo has some interesting comments - I have little ability in this realm but 64 remains in my mind as Leibnitz's epiphany when he discovered calculus. Calculus is the same as the I Ching, he said - a division of the Universe into 64 if I have that right. ("God told the Chinese this three thousand years ago . . ." he reported.) Not surprisingly, the West chose Newton. I write about politics and use the saeculum theory of history to guage predictions; history always breaks around the 60-64th post-war year as it is the end of the third-post war generation & the civilization's "ethic" is always based on post-war karma - it is like inherited money - after three generations there is generally nothing left. The Mormons do at times seem like a Lawrence Welk re-organization of popular anthropology and spiritism of the 1830s when Protestant New England was turnin evangelical, turnin Hindu, turnin Buddhist, turnin Native America with Natty Bumpo and turnin everything and Joseph Smith's father was a Universalist and his mother a Presbytarian, so he was deeply emersed in these trends. But the Catholic church did exactly the same thing 1700 years ago; it took all the systems of pagan Europe and modified, artistically advanced and systemized them into a classic form and spectrum. As I said to my wife when we watched the show last week, Smith was aware that people need forms and are no where prepared to create them themselves in a way that families would survive in America long enough for people to remember their grandparents names. What was striking about the PBS series is how the Mormon women talk about their great, great, great, great grandmothers making the trek across the desert as if they were still in the next room. . . . I personally felt that Jung advanced individuation when the world became adrift after the second world war; all the old structures including religion, tribe and kingdom were finished and there was little to hold people together. In tribes where there is no shaman available individuals are taught to find the Self - the inner guide, and that is what Jung did as well. But it is a bridge - new forms always evolve.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

Post Synchronicity about Eros, Rosicrucian, Carmelites, Elijah
Hi Ann, I'm selecting some quotes here from your post to Bernie on July 27th entitled Re: More on Mormons. On the 25th of July above I used a picture of Christ and the Samaritan woman in a post entitled, Temple not built by human hands. After reading your post here made on the 27th, I recalled looking at another Jesus and Samaritan woman picture, but did not use it, that was on a web page with info about Carmelites. Because I have Firefox browser that has a very detailed Library of the History of my web browsing in the order that it occurred, I could figure out easily how to get back to that page. I will give some quotes from that page after these quotes from your post. Suzanne

murraycreek wrote:
Bernie,

Thank you for your follow up on the Mormons. Fascinating.

My interest in the Mormons goes back to when I was a junior in high school taking American History. I chose the Mormon religion as my term paper theme. I have no idea why but I still have the paper I wrote which is absolutely the only thing from my years in school I saved. That would have been 65 years ago and although in my life I have been exposed to sufficient critical assessment to cause me to be prejudiced, for the most part I have remained open to a sense that their positive practices may out weight the negative. In any event, there is something that definitely intrigues me about their belief system and cosmology, something I have always felt missing from my Protestant religious background.

By the time I read Margaret Barker’s The Great Angel—A Study of Israel’s Second God—my husband had been practicing shamanism for twenty-five years, not because he set out to do so but from his close brushes with death he may have experienced a spontaneous initiation enabling him to move between worlds. It was therefore with great interest that I read Barker’s assessment that such initiation and subsequent ability was one of several important aspects of the religion of ancient Israel that had been lost in the temple destructions and the exiles. Jesus, she contends, was at odds with the priesthood and temple of his day and his mission had not been to start a new religion but to restore what had been lost, including the shamanic or chariot ascent as described in Ezekiel, as well as common belief in ancient Israel that Yahweh had a constort--a co-ruling goddess--whose name was Sophia or Wisdom. Other lost elements had been a cosmological inclusion of multiple levels or heavens, peopled by angels and other spiritual beings. In this context Barker writes:

Quote:
The heavenly journey reinforced the belief that the ordinary world of human existence and the upper world of their mythology were once in a harmony which had been destroyed by the action of evil forces. The shaman had to repel these forces and thus restore the cosmic harmony. As a result of his initiation he [the shaman] had enhanced powers of vision and hearing; he could see into the very nature of things and understand the processes of life itself. Thus he became a healer. The commonest way to induce the experience of ascent was by fasting, lightening the body so that the soul could fly. Once the shaman figure had ascended to the heavenly places and knew the secrets of the creation, he enjoyed a life which had already passed through death, and he became a being from another world.

The interest and respect Barker and the Mormons hold for one another would seem to be the cosmologically similar belief systems of ancient Israel and the Mormon religion, and similar also to that of India where the sacred geometry and associated ritual of the Temple is understood as a harmonizing influence or instrument in an interchange of spiritual and material forces in order to maintain and sustain a sense of well-being and balance between heaven and earth.This comes through in a supreme fashion in the biblical description of the dedication of Solomon's temple.....

.....What interests me in Bernie’s prophetic commentary relates to or suggests the possible future it may fall upon the Mormon Church to fill in this present or near-future time when “civilization,” as Jung held, “is in transition.” In the present cultural and economic disintegration “containers” will be needed. Interdependence will be vital to survival. A structure-less culture is scary and brings up images of wandering, armed, maundering bands. In that kind of a scenario Salt Lake City might be preferable to New York City, or a local small town Mormon Church where persons have learned how to cooperate for their common well-being and who have developed a sense of community. Perhaps the reason I as a teenager quickened to something about the Mormons was because I was raised by a single mom in the midwest with all my aunts, uncles and cousins on the west coast, and I felt very “uncontained.” Bob, also, through tragedy and as a teenager, had lost his “container.” Out of our emotional needs for family and a sense of community we set about to raise a large family which extended also to include a spiritual family of like-minded (make that non-conformist) seekers. This of course precluded us from being Mormons or had we ventured there would have guaranteed our ex-communication. But in different times or circumstances, who can say?

Another note from Bernie

Quote:

Again, fascinating. Just the other day in going through some of my mom’s old files I found a photocopy from a chapter in a book titled Lumuria. The chapter title was Mysterious California. A year ago in researching “sons of Elijah” (meaning of Elliott surname) I found several articles in a Rosicrusian magazine about the presence of the Carmelites in the Carmel area of California a century before the Franciscans. In the chapter on California in the book titled Lumuria, the author refers to the writings of Edward Everett Hale (I haven’t followed up on this yet) in regard to ancient records which place California as part of existing remnants of Lemuria and suggests its original peoples may have been decedents of Lumurians. I know next to nothing about this but your above-quoted paragraph makes me curious to know more.

Well all for now and with appreciation for your thought provoking sharings.

Ann

Ann, This is the picture I saw on Saturday but did not use in my "Temple not built by human hands" post that day. It came from a web site called Earthy Mysticism. Some of the things Bernie was saying in his even more recent post are mentioned in some of the material below such as, The young Carmelite encouraged listeners and readers to seek Christ not only in Roman Catholic Christianity, but in Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism; and not merely in religion, but the novels of Dostoyevsky and Kazantzakis, in movies such as “Becket” and “Dr. Zhivago,” music as diverse as Cesar Franck’s “Symphony in D Minor” and the folk songs of the Kingston Trio, as well as in painting, poetry, and nature.

Carmelite Pioneer: William McNamara
By David Denny | April 30, 2009

Until you’ve kept your eyes
And your wanting still for fifty years,
You don ‘t begin to cross over from confusion.
– Rumi

Reflecting recently on the future of Carmel, Superior General Camilo Maccise, O.C.D called for “risk,” “daring,” and “structural changes” in “an ever-valid charism and identity.” He challenged Carmelites to adopt a “creative fidelity” to the Teresian charism: “New wineskins are needed to express (our spirituality) in intelligible, relevant and existential language.” Carmel needs the “establishment of centers and institutes of spirituality,” “small praying communities” living “close to real life,” sharing their spirit with the larger lay community.

After an audience with Pope John XXIII in 1960, Abba William McNamara, received permission to risk founding such an institute of spirituality, a “new wineskin” that is at once a return to primitive Carmelite eremitical life and a creative contemporary response to the needs of what he calls a “waist- high culture” whose contemplative vision has atrophied. “Without vision, the people perish.” (Proverbs 29:18). Throughout his priestly life, this provocative thinker and playful man has quietly initiated deep visionary changes in Western spirituality. A review of these creative initiatives reveals that many of the Father General’s hopes for future may be found in the Spiritual Life Institute community. Such a review also confirms French Jesuit Louis Lallemant’s contention that a man of prayer accomplishes more in a year than most accomplish in a lifetime.

Renowned preacher and author of The Art of Being Human (1962), The Human Adventure (1974) Mystical Passion (1977) and Earthy Mysticism (1982), Fr. William celebrated 50 years of priesthood at his Holy Hill Hermitage in Skreen, Co. Sligo, Ireland in July 2001. A second Jubilee was celebrated at Nada Hermitage in Crestone, Colorado October 5-7.....

Earthy Mysticism

Shifting the emphasis of the parish mission from “hell-fire and brimstone” to a more positive, and always humorous, focus on Christian humanism, he preached the infinitely attractive beauty of Christ and called for conversion fundamentally motivated not by fear of hell but by worship and wonder. He insisted that the supernatural life is rooted in a healthy natural life. As St. Thomas Aquinas put it, grace perfects nature with out destroying it. The young Carmelite encouraged listeners and readers to seek Christ not only in Roman Catholic Christianity, but in Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism; and not merely in religion, but the novels of Dostoyevsky and Kazantzakis, in movies such as “Becket” and “Dr. Zhivago,” music as diverse as Cesar Franck’s “Symphony in D Minor” and the folk songs of the Kingston Trio, as well as in painting, poetry, and nature. “Our peak religious experiences are not always pious,” he insists, “but they may be our holiest acts.” Therefore we must be “earthly mystics” and find both human and Divine in ordinary earthy acts, in “the secret surprises of customary objects and the regular, repetitive commonplaces of life: cleaning the house, baking bread, weeding the garden, romping with the dogs, lying in the sun, running in the rain.”

Willie’s prophetic critiques of Western culture are not rooted in puritanical world denial; rather he bemoans the apathy of the majority, the vapidity of mass media, the pollution of language, and an unmystical Christianity that turns the drama of Jesus’ story into a pharisaical power structure. In short, he insists that we are not erotic enough. His notion of eros has nothing to do with pornography. It has to do with Plato and the Hebrew prophets. Accordingly, he describes eros as a “reaching and stretching of the whole-body person for the fullness of life and love.” Its end is not self-gratification but a free and ecstatic self-sacrifice for the sake of Christ, the divine Beloved.....

From another article on the same web page:

The Yin-Yang of Carmel

The history of the Carmelite tradition provides a fascinating study in yin-yang, the Oriental principle of feminine-masculine complementarity in the universe. The story of Carmel shows an unusual masculine-feminine balance. We see the masculine principle in the geography of the mountain, which reaches and stretches itself out of the feminine earth into the aerie heights. Although the spirituality which grows out of the desert is rugged and virile, the geography of the desert is markedly feminine with its wide open spaciousness abandoned to the ravishments of sun and wind and rain.

Elijah is a dramatically masculine figure symbolized by fire. The femininity of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel is aptly captured in the symbol of the cloud in which she “appeared” to Elijah. Although the first twelfth-century hermits were all men, they were deeply devoted to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and named themselves after her. They were also radically in touch and in tune with Mother Earth, as Nicholas the Frenchman illustrates.

In order to reform the Carmelite Order in sixteenth-century Spain, St. Teresa of Avila exhibited a strong animus in her “warrior energy,” but her life, letters, and mystical writings clearly indicate an utterly feminine woman, complemented by her confessor and faithful friend, St. John of the Cross, a fiery new Elijah, immersed in the “Living Flame of Love,” who once wrote: “Oh God, you make my soul feel like a woman.”

This masculine-feminine complementarity reaches its apogee in the mystery of Jesus Christ. In the Christian tradition, that dimension of the Godhead we call Wisdom (Sophia) is feminine. Feminine Wisdom unites with the masculine Jesus and the Christ emerges as the fullness of man-womanhood.

It seems natural and inevitable that the Christian spirit of Carmel which reflects such masculine-feminine balance throughout its venerable history, should result in a mixed community of men and women called the Spiritual Life Institute, a small monastic community of hermits founded in 1960 with a mandate from the visionary Pope John XXIII. This new community recaptures the spirit of the mountain and the desert, Elijah and Our Lady, John of the Cross and Teresa, and lives according to the primitive Carmelite ideal in a contemporary manner. It is ironic, and yet a typical trait in history, that such a fitting contemporary form of contemplative life in the modern world turns out to be an ancient monastic model, primitive Carmelite eremitism.

Spiritual Life Institute hermits live like the twelfth-century Carmelites who followed the example of the prophet Elijah and lived on Mt. Carmel as laymen under a common monastic rule characterized by simplicity and minimal structure to enable them to offer God a pure and undivided heart. Each one has a separate hermitage where he “meditates day and night on the law of the Lord unless engaged in some other just occupation” (Rule of St. Albert).

As the Spiritual Life Institute commemorates its fortieth anniversary year in 2000, the men and women of the community celebrate as faithful Sons and daughters of the ancient Carmelite tradition but also as pioneers, path- finders, and pilgrims of the Absolute. We must not depend too much on the story, on the map, on what is known and familiar. Dependency would kill us, for it is the unknown that gives us life. The unknown flowers when we are receptive to it and allow it to enter. The unknown carries us to the constantly forming edge of the world where light, beauty and ecstasy are found. There is no other path to the Real....

Ann, do have fun checking out the great info on this page at the link below. There is also a reference to the Pilgrim trail in Spain that you and Betty and I discussed last year on the 2008 crop circle thread. Some of this info on the Carmelites I may adapt to more discussion at our Blog on Eros which Jan and I have been discussing currently. If I have time tonight, I am going to post at the Blog before hitting the sack some scanned in material by Greg Braden about "The Forces of Light and Darkness: Eternal Enemies or Misunderstood Realities". This fits so much with what Lee started bringing up last year about light and dark blending into a more subtle other kind of light than in the present astral. I did not have the foggiest notion then of what he meant. It sure is becoming a lot clearer now.

http://earthymysticism.com/

Suzanne

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Post The Black Sun
Hi Jan,

Welcome to the unus mundus forum. I have been reading all your posts as well as Suzanne’s, etc. and find your sharings intense, rich and of unusual depth for someone your age. Remarkable. Certainly means you have a heavy fate – good luck.

Quote:
Jan wrote: And I feel like these experiences and my sickness are challenging me to learn more about what will happen then, also on an astrophysical level. It is related to the 'angry sun' motif and the myth of the 'black sun'.

The black sun business suddenly moves me to make a comment on your sharings at this point. I don’t know if you came across it on the forum yet but I shared a visionary experience about the need to enter into the black sun state of consciousness, i.e., Eros ego consciousness in Answering the Questions of an Alien Force Saves Earth. Remo has amplified on this post in Re: Answering the Questions of an Alien Force Saves Earth. Further it seems that you, like the others on this forum are a part of our GATHERING TOGETHER in order to produce a different effect, a healing effect for our world as noted in Atomic Bomb is Protecting Against Alien Invasion.

I had a long and difficult journey on how to find out how to enter Eros ego consciousness for my training as a scientist led me deep into the Logos ego kind of consciousness and into the collective belief that “it can be all done intellectually.” For what it may be worth to you and others on this forum I found that I had to suspend my thinking function, certainly during the time I looked within and to not ask questions or make comment on what may occur in the visioning encounter - at least for the most part. As Remo notes somewhere – following the duality of the nature of light, “an Eros ego consciousness is needed to approach the Eros Self (wave aspect meets wave aspect)”; using a Logos ego consciousness shuts down the encounter with the wave like Eros Self and leads to Active Imagination, i.e. the particle aspect kind of consciousness meets a particle aspect kind of consciousness =’s the Logos ego consciousness is needed to approach the Logos Self. Further I found that I should wait to see if a spontaneous association would arise relative to a given image – otherwise I add nothing to my journals relative to a given image unless this acausal “prompting” occurs – in this way I let Her (World Soul, Sophia, anima mundi) growing set of images and impressions accumulate and eventually I found that She will begin to explain them and how they all connect together. In this manner the belly brain weighs in as a kind of mind-meld (Eros-Logos) experience. It seems to me that your 11:11 and your 33 SOS business and the 56 business (=’s 11) and many other “Beyond” connections strongly suggests letting go of the Logos and see what happens in a further deepening encounter with the Eros Self. Well, my experience anyway and what a trial and error experience that was before "I" found a way to approach the Eros Self that was helpful to Her purpose - those potential new births She would like to see incarnated in our world - something each of us carry in proportion to our fate it seems.

Good Luck,

Gregory

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 am

Post Mobius Figure 8, Vegetarian, Dragon Baby
Bernie Quigley wrote:
.....But to tell the truth my interest in Mormons started when my 14-year-old daughter brought Daddy-o to see Twilight a few months ago. Twilight is a Mormon vision by a Mormon dreamer. Stephanie Meyers, a Mormon, learned to write so as to put down a dream she had all in one night which was the book Twilight. I find this book to archaelogically fascinating because it is a "return of the gods" myth. All vampire movies can be seen as "empty crypt" myths; when the European Christians lost their traditional faith the vampire story arose: the Christ no longer rose from the earth; the crypt was empty and a dark thing - shadow [sexual shadow usually and violent; the dark moon of Love] - replaced it. This is parrallel to Rabbi Loeb of Prague's finding Golum - carving a violent "god" or malevolent "savior' to which we are disconnected in the absence of loss of God [it is like the shell of God left behind when the age passed] ; Rabbi Loeb's vision is of the Silence of God - all Frankenstein and what not stories of homunculous follow - carving god in the absence of or shadow of God. But in these Twilight stories the vampires are gods who seek to control their beastial nature. The humans actually resemble the near dead; random, disorganized, maliable. The vampires in the Twilight stories cannot come out to the sun because they will be seen to be gods; The Shining Ones. The symbol on the book, although it has virtually nothing to do with the story or the movie is a ripe apple. In "New Moon" the second book which comes out in a movie in October, the Volturi are revealed - the Volturi are clearly old world Italian Roman Catholics. The Vampires can be seen as Aquarians - gods - born to our millennium. They look only to the ancient Roman Catholics for clues on how to control their beastial nature.

Hi Bernie, You posted that Twilight with Apple in Hands poster picture some time ago over on the Ann-Suzanne Blog. Some interesting synchronicities developed from it, but somehow I never got around to posting about them. "To everything there is a season", I suppose, and "the time for every purpose under heaven" was not right yet. This will be brief because I think maybe soon I'll deal with it more over on the Blog. The One and Only last Fall I think, I'll have to check, was mentioning some kind of science terms out of context, and I was supposed to look them up. One was the precise term "radio science" in quotes to make it one definite phrase. I mentioned this to my daughter the day it happened. I found some results from Google of course but could not figure out why this was of some importance to my deceased communicator. I kind of have to operate from the assumption that he is somehow still himself, as an actual conscious being and not just the product of my fond memories of him, especially when he starts talking about sign waves... uh sine waves, and other things I know or knew nothing about. I am learning.

Well, you put up the Twilight picture on the Blog quite a while after that "radio science" thing, and I was not even wondering any more exactly what Lee meant by it. Just out of idle curiosity, I looked up about the Twilight movie that was coming out soon. Sounded kind of like a dippy-dumb scenario of lonely girl falls for gorgeous (by girl tween standards) but vacuous potential neck biter. However, the book description and comments at Amazon sounded far more interesting. They actually had real meaningful conversations and rather good reasons for their liason. Not that it was going to make me read the book which I haven't done yet. Anyhow, one thing led to another in synchronicities, when I saw that Clair de Lune (may be spelling this wrong, will check later) was one of the major music themes in the Twilight movie, so however it happened, I finally wound up at a video of a young woman playing the Theramin, that spooky sounding musical instrument used in early science fiction movies, like this one:

1951 -- An alien lands and tells the people of Earth that
they must live peacefully or be destroyed as a danger to other planets.

I had some really freaky and powerful references going on in February 2008 about that movie shortly after I first was posting back and forth with you early on the Ann-Suzanne Blog about the Shenandoah Valley, and then Ann came along into it with our mutual references to Walter Russell who lived in Waynesboro at the end of Skyline Drive during the time he and his wife Lao wrote Atomic Suicide in 1957. I will maybe try soon to reassemble some of those connections and post them. Anyhow, to get to the main point for now, from your first mention of the Twilight movie, derived the synchonicity that the You Tube video of the niece of the inventor of the Theramin, who was playing Claire de Lune, a theme song from Twilight... uh, my sentences are getting too long again... To the Point: The video was "Arranged by the Radio Science Orchestra". So, thanks for the clue.

On Thursday the 16th of July, I was visiting some children, not my grandkids I see most weekdays. They were drawing some pictures in crayon and offered me a piece of paper. I am not much of an artist. Well, first I just made a few slightly curved parallel lines, then a figure 8 mobius, and somehow turned it into a pastel Dragon Baby who happens to be a vegetarian eating a pear instead of an apple. I said to the kids that this baby's head has wound up a bit too big, but even human babies have bigger heads in proportion to the rest of their bodies for a while. They liked it that this one could swim but was coming out of the water and could walk on land, and that it could either swim or fly with its purple fins-wings. They thought he-she was cute and not a scary dragon at all. Somehow, I think this has something to do with our human race meeting up with an alien race someday and not necessarily having to perceive the very different beings as an enemy. Not that I am terribly optimistic about that happy outcome. It is just something to ponder.

Mobius Figure 8, Vegetarian, Dragon Baby

by Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next