UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am

[ 1115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33  Next
Reply to topic
 Ann's and Suzanne's experiences' blog 

Post Two Videos About Albert Schweitzer
Junis wrote:
P.S.: Ann, Suzanne, keep us posted on the Albert Schweitzer mysticism. I'm sure there is some considerable synergistic potential in that. My postings might not be related to Schweitzer in content, but I believe they are 'of the same hue', especially when it comes to the 'world family'. Its incredible how inner and outer life just 'line up', when you get into the right silent oberservational state. I will probably be founding a non-profit association to intensify and coordinate my family's support projects in Cameroon. Even though my wife's mother and primary family is Muslim, her aunts and uncles etc. are Christian and her grandmother went from African Bantu religion to Pallotine Christianity to Islam, and this does not seem to be a linear progression, but the different religious practises still sort of co-exist, interweave and even synergistically influence each other. Witnessing this religious multiplicity sometimes lets me catch a faint glimpse of a possible 'world religion', which would not do away with indigenous religious practise, but serve as an underlying support enabling and fostering the interreligious dailogue from a much deeper level. This 'deeper' world religion would reconcile the split between matter and spirit in every day consciousness. Religious imploration directed toward heaven could be supplemented with a thourough RELIGO (as in reverting ego-consciousness back to its material source, the phsical body, but from an introverted view). In this view materialism and transcendentialism would not form a ridig opposition anymore, and the retreat of consciousness into matter would equal a 'transcending' into matter by the ego. In my family all these different religious and cultural backgrounds tend to create a lot of friction and impede each other. Nobody will have to leave his/her autochtonous religion, nobody will have to 'convert' to this 'new world religion'. One can only interconnect by silently observing this 'web of interrelations and commen sourcing', which unites the material and psychich world like an invisible sun 'behind the sun'... Jan

Jan & Ann & Others: These two videos can speak for themselves about the simple yet elegant truth that the life well lived by Schweitzer can represent a fine role model for us who seek to share his commitment to compassion for all beings. This first one was created by Dr. Karel Nespor and placed by him on You Tube January 03, 2008 with this description: "Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965) was a theologian, musician, philosopher, medical doctor, peace activist and Nobel Price Peace Laureate. The cornerstone of his philosophy is reverence for life." The music being played is Bach by Schweitzer himself in a slow, majestic, and subtle rendition that goes well with the text, photos, and beautiful images provided within the video.

This second video was provided on You Tube by Kurt Bestor on March 23, 2008. His description of it reads: "A song from the popular PBS special "Innovators," Sage of Lamberene captures the pulse of Africa where Albert Schweitzer lived, the spirituality and classical music he studied, and the loving philanthropy he practiced." The music itself is composed by Sam Cardon and Kurt Bestor. Very lovely rhythms, melodies, and African vocals.

Albert Schweitzer writing on... what do we mean by mysticism?
This text was provided by Ann from the book about St. Paul's Christ-mysticism.

We are always in presence of mysticism when we find a human being looking upon the division between earthly and super-earthly, temporal and the eternal, as transcended, and feeling himself, while still externally amid the earthly and temporal, to belong to the super-earthly and eternal.

Mysticism may be either primitive or developed. Primitive mysticism has not yet risen to a conception of the universal, and is still confined to naïve views of earthly and super-earthly, temporal and eternal. The entry into the super-earthly and eternal takes place by means of a ‘mystery’, a magical act. By means of this the participant enters into communion with a divine being in such a way that he shared the latter’s supernatural mode of existence. This view of a union with the divinity, brought about by efficacious ceremonies, is found even in quite primitive religions. The most fundamental significance of the sacrificial feast is, no doubt, that by this meal the partaker becomes in some way one with the divinity.

In a more developed form magical mysticism is found in the oriental and Greek mystery-religions at the beginning of our era. In the cults Attis, Siris, and Mithras, as well as in the Eleusinian Mysteries in their later more profound form, the believer attains, by means of an initiation, union with the divinity, and thereby becomes a partaker in the immortality for which he yearns. Through these sacraments he ceases to be a natural man and is born again into a higher state of being.

But when the conception of the universal is reached and a man reflects upon his relation to the totality of being and to Being in itself, the resultant mysticism becomes widened, deepened, and purified. The entrance into the super-earthly and eternal then takes place through an act of thinking. In this act the conscious personality raises itself above that illusion of the senses which makes him regard himself as in bondage in the present life to the earthly and temporal. It attains the power to distinguish between appearance and reality and is able to conceive the material as a mode of manifestation of the Spiritual. It has sight of the Eternal in the Transient. Recognizing the unity of all things in God, in Being as such, it passes beyond the unquiet flux of becoming and disintegration into the peace of timeless being, and is conscious of itself as being in God, and in every moment eternal.

This intellectual mysticism is a common possession of humanity. Whenever thought makes the ultimate effort to conceive the relation of the personality to the universal, this mysticism comes into existence. It is found among the Brahmans and in Buddha, in Platonism, in Stoicism, in Espinoza, Schopenhauer, and Hegel.

Even into Christianity, naively dualistic as it is, distinguishing strictly between the present and the future, the here and the hereafter, this mysticism penetrates. Not indeed unopposed; but whenever in the great thinkers or under the influence of great movements of thought Christianity endeavours to attain to clarity regarding the relation of God and the world, it cannot help opening the door to mysticism. Mysticism finds expression in the Hellenistic theology of Ignatius and the Johannine Gospel, the writings of Augustine and in those attributed to Dionysus the Areopagite; it is found in language of Jakob Boehme and other mystical heretics of Protestantism; there is mysticism in the hymns of Tersteegen, Angelus Silesius, and Novalis; and in the writings of Schleiermacher mysticism seeks to express itself in the language of the Church.*

The type of intellectual mysticism differs according to place and time. Among the Brahmans and in Buddhism it is found in its most abstract form. The mystic thinks of his existence under the pure indifferentiated conception of being, and sinks himself therein. Jakob Boehm is the herald of an imaginative mysticism. In the Christian mysticism of Meister Eckart and his followers the conception is of being in the living God, as is also the case with the mysticism of Hindu pietism, which endeavours to get beyond the cold Brahmanism mysticism. Whatever colouring it may take on, however, what intellectual mysticism is concerned with is Being in its ultimate reality.

Of what precise kind then is the mysticism of Paul?

It occupies a unique position between primitive and intellectual mysticism. The religious conceptions of the Apostle stand high above those of primitive mysticism. This being said, it might have been expected that his mysticism would have to do with the unity of man with God as the ultimate ground of being. But this is not the case. Paul never speaks of being one with God or being in God. He does indeed assert the divine sonship of believers. But, strangely enough, he does not conceive of sonship to God as an immediate mystical relation to God, but as mediated and effected by means of the mystical union with Christ.

From The Quest for the Historical Jesus, Schweitzer
presents his own personal view about who Christ was and is.

"He comes to us as One unknown, without a name, as of old, by the lake-side,
He came to those men who knew Him not. He speaks to us the same word: 'Follow
thou me!' and sets us to the tasks which He has to fulfill for our time.
He commands. And to those who obey Him, whether they be wise or simple,
He will reveal Himself in the toils, the conflicts, the sufferings which
they shall pass through in His fellowship, and as an ineffable mystery,
they shall learn in their own experience Who He is."

Suzanne

Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:40 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Post Re: Neoplantonic vs. Hermetic Mysticism
Junis wrote:
Suzanne, Ann, and all

I'm quoting from Schweitzer's text on mysticism you posted, Suzanne,

Quote:
In this act the conscious personality raises itself above that illusion of the senses which makes him regard himself as in bondage in the present life to the earthly and temporal.

Quote:
This intellectual mysticism is a common possession of humanity. Whenever thought makes the ultimate effort to conceive the relation of the personality to the universal, this mysticism comes into existence. It is found among the Brahmans and in Buddha, in Platonism, in Stoicism, in Espinoza, Schopenhauer, and Hegel.

Isn't that the Neoplatonic view rather then the Hermetic, which Remo favors?

Suzanne replies: Schweitzer's statement that Ann found and sent to me that I pasted in to my last post was not about his view on the meaning of mysticism. It was a general survey of some historical views. Personally, Neoplatonic or Hermetic mean little to me. I know the basics of what they are supposed to mean, but I don't really care about the technicalities. My inner dream-vision life for over fifty years indicates that my "soul self" is an unapologetic Gnostic that views life on Earth as like being in a prison, a reform school, or mental ward for the criminally insane of the universe. Considering that I did not have any real exposure to or interest in or understanding of Gnostic views until well into my 30s in age, I do not know why by mid-teens (or even earlier in childhood less consciously) I felt that this crazy place was not my true home. After starting to read about philosophy and religion not long after my father died when I was 10, it did not take long to see that the so-called great thinkers or prophets pretty much all contradicted one another but usually believed that their notions were the true ones or at least the best ones. At one point, I think I had come up with a semi-childlike perspective on this. It went something like this. "Maybe the meaning of life is that we somehow get from one end of it to the other end... without becoming mean... like my mother... like the drunk stalking would-be molesters I had to avoid at age 11-16, like all the other sick rotten stuff grown-up people seem to do to one another." In a sense, even after my reading about 6,000 books since my youth, I still tend to think it comes down to something very simple like that. However, now that my sister and I have reached the age (and beyond) at which our mother tormented us, we have a more understanding viewpoint about her bitter rage about her life's disappointments, and... gee whiz... golly gee... we never believed then that it would happen to us... but sometimes we get dammm mad about things too, and out pops the word we used to criticize her for screaming out when she was drunk as a skunk. To avoid the obscenity filter here at the forum, I will spell the awful word as sheeet. I really really really do not care any more about what exoteric or esoteric theories are the probable true ones. My emphasis is figuring out in actual practice, not theory or faith or delusion, how to avoid treating others or being treated by others like sheeet. The only synchronicities I pay any attention to other than fleetingly are the ones that appear to be pointing to how to have more gentleness, patience, compassion, forgiveness, and love for friends, neighbors, enemies, creatures, and all other beings. Then the world here and now to us personally would no longer feel like a horrible prison, and wherever we might wind up after death if we have an immortal soul, would likewise not turn out to be any kind of prison. Freedom is Now -- Within. Ann and I have tended to post about those mystics, writers, and humanitarians who we have come to see as representing the Way of Love which is not unethical, unthinking, or unrealistic in everyday living. Anyhow, I need to get some things done at home here while it is still the weekend, so I cannot get into a detailed reply to your observations below. Only one point that I will make is that we had better have a careful skepticism about miracles of healing taking place like some magic charm because of spiritual or energy practices. Most of that is in reality a combination of misdiagnosis, an extended placebo effect followed by relapse, mistaken hearsay reports about things that never really happened, and other illusions without substance. However, getting into some kind of valid meditation routine and healthy lifestyle changes and positive calming emotions can indeed bring about real changes rather than false miracles. Below, I will let Schweitzer, not necessarily speak for me in detail, but express the same kind of sentiments and convictions I am currently pondering. He kind of almost says it all... although I am sure I could come up with a list of some specifics of his I might not agree with. Also, as far as I know, Remo does not expect us to accept what he favors as if we have a mini-cult here at the forum. He has offered BCI for us to test or not as we see fit. Ann and I have occasionally reported what results we have found by going within the core of our being -- which when I took Aikido classes in my 30s was called "The One Point" below the navel (belly button). Let me know what you think about Schweitzer's actual mystical views that I have pasted in below from many of his written works. Love, Suzanne

Junis-Jan continues: Schopenhauer named all his dogs 'Atman', i.e. 'world soul'. In his contempt for women and romantic love in general that was probably the only secret recess of his eros. I've seen a lot of these 'projections' and 'transferences' on 'beloved' animals, especially the proverbially faithful dog. The 'beloved' dogs seems to be especially receptive for this kind of transference. They live the subconscious shadow life of their human 'moms' or 'dads'.

Hegel stuck to Kantian epistemology, and 'transcended' it form there, leading to a virilization or yanginization of the world soul, which ended up as 'weltgeist', i.e. world spirit, in his system of dialectics. In Stoicism the world soul plays an imminent role, but also in the Neoplatonic view, I believe, and Plato himself writes about the world soul in the Timaios dialogue. Naturally Plato himself was Platonistic (at least he wasn't Hermetic).

Boiled down to the essentials the Neoplatonic and the Hermetic view of the world soul differ in their hierarchical arangement of matter and spirit. The latter favors a 'parity' of the two, while the Neoplatonic view seeks only 'unio mentalis', the liberation of the soul from the body. 'Immortality' can be reached that way, but for the price of 'killing' the matter realm, which essentially coincides with Apokalypse (and there's nothing bad about that then, because everybody who shares the right state of mind will be elevated into a state of discorporeal eternity whilst mass destruction is wiping out the matter realm).

In seeking a fragile parity of matter and spirit the Hermetist might on the contrary be endangered to 'succumb' to matter entirely, and cross the border to unwholesome 'satanic' ritual practise. Modern ego consciousness came about with Descartes. He literally 'conceived' it in a vision on the battlefield, or rather in a war camp during the harsh winter of 1618/19. I believe there's an element of traumatic dissoziation to it, if you trace the ego cogito back to its pyrrhonical (individual, biographical) source. What is so groundbreaking about this 'dissociation' is that it became collective, a Weltanschaung, an overall paradigm, or episteme, as Foucault calls it. We can't just critizise it, because the 'enlighted reasoning' implied in this critque stems from Descartes ego cogito, and Leibniz concept of 'enlightment' (he still tried to mend the collective split of consciousness which manifested itsself in Descartes.

If we seek unification with God, the divine being, or divinity itsself 'intellectually' as Schweitzer's mysticism seems to suggest, then we are actually operating in the same direction as the collective dissociative split of consciousness after the death of the world soul (16th century). This collective split of consciousness is what led psychoanalysis to discover the subconscious in the individual psyche in the 20th century. Within this overall surface of cogito (ego), which the civilized soul 'is made of', suddenly an unknown depth opened up, and so forth.

In 'healing' this split we do have to go back to its source, which would coincide with confronting oneself with the events that originally led to 'dissociation' in individual traumatization. Yesterday I watched two movies about sexual abuse in Catholocism ('The Bad Education') and Aids ('All about my Mother'). These are interrelated. As Remo has argued in his book, the HIV virus amplifies as the 'subdued state of the world sould' manifesting itsself as corporeal disease. As we all know, HIV is a huge problem in Africa, and Cameroon has lately been discussed as the country, where HIV originated, as far as I know. How are we gonna go about dealing with this problem in Africa? Are we simply gonna teach the natives our 'enlighted' and mostly 'Neoplatonic' view to deliver them from the folly of their animistic belief systems? Their animistic world view contains the seeds of the world soul, which will be done away with in a 'Neoplatonic' foreign aid, and it will inadvertantly aggravate the problem of AIDS. In the AIDS movie, Almodovar's 'Todo sobro mi Madre' (All about my Mother) a 'miracle' happens towards the end, which is not glorified in any way, but accepted as a natural truth unknown to the physicains of Western medicine today. The Catholic nun who has contracted HIV from one of the transvestite prostitutes she is 'helping' was also impregnated by this she-male (it's not quite clear whether she was raped). The baby has the antibodies in its blood, but they vanish towards the end of the movie. This 'vanishing' seems to be brought forth by the prior acceptance of the grief, despair, and all the darkness linked to contracting HIV and leading the life these characters lead as victims of sexual abuse by Catholic clergymen. The other main character was married to a man who later became transvestite and partly transsexual. She conceived his son when he was still a 'real man'. Later the son dies in a car accident on his 17th birthday. Her mom quits her jobs as a succesful suregeon (Western medicine!) and moves in with the 'fallen' HIV-positive nun. When they mutually accept their grief and cease any defense-mechanics, the 'natural miracle' comes about as an inconspicuous side affect, and acausal incarnation act.

Now, I'm sure there's not even a trace of Hypocrisy in Schweitzer's life. He is a true role model. But I have been confronted with a lot of 'philantropists' accepted by their surroundings as such, who turned out to be secret child molesters, etc. And some of them weren't even hypocritical about it, but apperently were themselves victims to a severe 'split' of a Neoplatonic Dr. Jekyll self and a hidden Mr.Hyde, which operates quite autonomously. Again, I am very sure that this is not true for Schweitzer.

I opened up the first pages of the Black Sun book and am coincidentally struck with a wave of darkness and despair again. I much I would like to flee from that into one of my former Neoplatonic havens! But I know it is all different now. There more people who endure the inner confrontation with the Black Sun, the more the gleanings in the realm of the world soul will be 'de-yangified' (it now occurs to me, that that reads like 'de-jungified'). Its important to keep up an eros-relationship, a vinculum amoris, which secretly ties together and interweaves all the seemingly disparate beliefs, even on this forum.

There is no 'illusion of the senses', which we have to flee from, the real issue is how to re-enter the true magic of the matter realm again, how to embody these 'illusions' again after being so thoroughly dis-illusioned (in multiple senses) by Neoplatonic 'elevation'. The re-entry into the 'illusions' of the senses will lead to a "Wiederverzauberung" (reenchantment) of the world and a very palpable and bodily sensation of immortality in actually feeling the karmic bonding to all creatures and to divinity (the dis-illusioned state, if you want) itsself.

I'd very much like to discuss this difference between Hermetic and Neoplatonic mysticism in reference to Albert Schweitzer.

Love,
Jan

Albert Schweitzer -- His Own Views
Mystical and Ethical

[Quoting from Philosophy of Civilization] "Descartes' philosophizing begins with the sentence, 'I think, therefore I am.' With this miserable, arbitrarily chosen beginning, it finds itself irrevocably committed on the road to the abstract. It never finds the door to ethics and it is caught like a prisoner in a dead world- and life-view.

True philosophy must proceed from the most immediate and comprehensive fact of consciousness--'I am life that wills to live in the midst of life that wills to live.' This is not a subtly reasoned dogma. Day by day, hour by hour, I move in it. In every moment of reflection it stands before me anew. A vital world- and life-view that sees into all facts of being bursts continuously forth from it as from never-withering roots. The mysticism of ethical communion with being grows out of it."

[Excerpt from Selbstdarstellung] "The will to life that has become thought extends this behavior of Reverence for Life to all the will to life that comes within its range. This behavior makes man affirm life and the world and also makes him ethical. Ethics is not only behavior towards one's fellow men aimed at achieving a human society as happy and well ordered as possible. It is also the experience of a responsibility towards all living things, arising from an inner necessity."

[Other Unspecified Works] "What does the word 'soul' mean? ... No one can give a definition of the soul. But we know what it feels like. The soul is the sense of something higher than ourselves, something that stirs in us thoughts, hopes, and aspirations which go out to the world of goodness, truth and beauty. The soul is a burning desire to breathe in this world of light and never to lose it--to remain children of light."

"We must all become familiar with the thought of death if we want to grow into really good people. We need not think of it every day or every hour. But when the path of life leads us to some vantage point where the scene around us fades away and we contemplate the distant view right to the end, let us not close our eyes. Let us pause for a moment, look at the distant view, and then carry on.

Thinking about death in this way produces true love for life. When we are familiar with death, we accept each week, each day, as a gift. Only if we are able thus to accept life--bit by bit--does it become precious."

[From The Life and Character of Bach] "At heart Bach was neither pietistic nor orthodox: he was a mystic thinker. Mysticism was the living spring from which sprang his piety. There are certain chorales and certain cantatas which make us feel more than elsewhere that the master has poured into them his soul. These are precisely the mystical chorales and cantatas. Like all the mystics, Bach, one may say, was obsessed by religious pessimism. This robust and healthy man, who lived surrounded by the affection of a great family, this man who was embodied energy and activity, who even had a pronounced taste for the frankly burlesque, felt at the bottom of his soul an intense desire, a Sehnsucht, for eternal rest."

[Quote from Out of My Life and Thought] "Not less strong than the will to truth must be the will to sincerity. Only an age which can show the courage of sincerity can possess truth which works as a spiritual force within it."
[Quote from For All That Lives] "The deeper we look into nature the more we recognize that it is full of life, and the more profoundly we know that all life is a secret, and we are all united to all this life."
[Quote from The Teaching of Reverence for Life] "Just as white light consists of colored rays, so Reverence for Life contains all the components of ethics: love, kindliness, sympathy, empathy, peacefulness, power to forgive."
[Quote from Schweitzer's Nobel Peace Prize speech, The Problem of Peace in the World of Today] The spirit is not dead; it lives in isolation. It has overcome the difficulty of having to exist in a world out of harmony with its ethical character. It has come to realize that it can find no home other than in the basic nature of man. The independence acquired through its acceptance of this realization is an additional asset.

It is convinced that compassion, in which ethics takes root, does not assume its true proportions until it embraces not only man but every living being. To the old ethics, which lacked this depth and force of conviction, has been added the ethics of reverence for life, and its validity is steadily gaining in recognition.

Once more we dare to appeal to the whole man, to his capacity to think and feel, exhorting him to know himself and to be true to himself. We reaffirm our trust in the profound qualities of his nature. And our living. experiences are proving us right.

LINK to complete the Nobel speech:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peac ... ure-e.html

Last edited by Suzanne on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:12 am

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:38 pm

Post Re: Life amidst Life which wants to live
Junis wrote:
Quote:
Also, as far as I know, Remo does not expect us to accept what he favors as if we have a mini-cult here at the forum.

Sorry, Suzanne, you are right. Didn't Schweitzer say something like: "Ich bin Leben inmitten von Leben, das leben will"? (I am life in the midst of life, which wants to live?". This forum is not about finding the 'right' overall theory. We all have our own idiosyncratic 'entries' to this forum, which were presented to us synchronistically. There is a Latin saying: "Nemo scit praeter me, ubi me soccus premat" (Nobody nows where my shoe pinches but me). Every one of us makes a valuable contribution, and the forum offers the potential to let them interact in a synergistic way. Anything that impedes these practical synergies (f.e. resolutely advocating a certain theory, which may seem or actually is the 'right' one from one individual perspective, is in fact 'wrong').

PARTS NOT QUOTED IN THIS REPLY

I wanted to delve deeper into darkness... when your Kuan Yin image literally blocked my way and synchronistically appeared in my reply frame. I had very different contradicting feelings. On the one hand, it felt like I was being confronted with some kind of 'resistance'. But then all these wonderful synchronicities occured, and the potentially hellish or overbearing images melded with the gentleness of your 'psychophysical vehicle', Kuan Yin. There is some conicidentia oppositorum, some union of opposites, involved in this. The bright sun and the black sun. And it's not like you are simply advocating the bright one and I am advocating the black one here. In our 'harrowing of hell' task we seem to have different roles to fulfill. Some have to stay steadfast and chiefly maintain the spirit of gentleness. Others have to somehow 'reap' the 'hellish' emotions, in order for them to be transformed. I didn't wanna have anything to do with these 'psychic fields of abjection' anymore. Now it seems, as though I will not be able to evade being confronted with them anew, this time not succumbing to an inner eclipse of the soul, but seeing through it and witnessing the transformative quality of the lumen naturae, which you have witnessed already after reportedly experiencing some gush of 'cosmic dread' at an earlier occasion.

Love,
Jan

Jan, Ann and I have almost fulfilled our purpose here which has been coordinated (supposedly) with our two closest soul companions in the Beyond. Even if our assumption that we are communicating with specific individuals we knew well when they were alive is not literal, we do however have a theme that is compatible with their philosophy of life while they were alive. If anyone goes back over our posts since this Ann-Suzanne Blog was first started, it is obvious that there is an overall spiritual humanitarian "agenda" you might say. Mention of Schweitzer showed up I think even on the first page of our exchanges and involved Remo. There is a specific REASON for this which unfolds in the various posts since about Schweitzer and his concern about the likelihood of human annihilation in our time which was shared by others of his generation who Ann and I have both mentioned such as Walter Russell.

I will only say now that Ann and I are 80 and 65 in age. We have led very tame lives and never intentionally taken on any responsibility for entangling with what most people perceive as the negative occult forces. Countless people have wound up literally insane and ruined, not in any ultimately positive transformative way, but in a way that dreadfully harmed self, family, and many others in their personal sphere of contact. I was advised when I was 17 by my friend/love Lee not to have anything to do with the teenage hypnotism and Crowley involvement of my roommate at the time I started college. I moved out to a new apartment to get away from all that. Sometime later the next year I took up with a religion that I stayed with for almost a decade which had very high moral standards forbidding alcohol, drugs, intimate liasons outside of marriage, and did not encourage occult involvements. Most of their emphasis was on the oneness of humanity, and we had openly integrated meetings, picnics, and visits in one another's homes at a time you could get your head shot off in Virginia for socializing with blacks. My sister, who also joined that same faith, and I both actually worked in pre-schools in black neighborhoods in the mid-1960s. The emphasis was about doing practical things in the real world to help others. We had nothing to do with the "hippie" (LSD, etc.) generation of the time.

Later when I was closer to 30, I decided to look into the inner life more and began to meditate. That is when the very vivid elaborate dream-visions really began for me that I sometimes wrote down for many months at a time. Those are the old notebooks that I sometimes quote from to here. It did not take long for me to realize that there were a lot of potentially harmful things going on in that early phase of what is now called the New Age movement. I could not quite figure out why I went into multi-dimensions within the first week of meditation and seemed to somewhat though awkwardly know my way around as if in something already familiar. However, any seeming entity that showed up to be a guide or tempter, I refused immediately as unknown and therefore suspect. At times I seemed to have encounters and conversations with my soul-mate Lee, but those pretty much ended after I had the dream-vision that I should inwardly return him fully to his wife and no longer seek that kind of mental and emotional communion with him. For some fairly long stretches of time, I did not even allow these altered consciousness states to take place at all. I wanted to know more about how to be a better person first.

Even the little Cayce group I went to for a while around 1969-71 emphasized good character development as a precaution when approaching the inner life experiences. Our local Quakers were also a good influence during the 1970s and early 80s in my life. There was also the helpful influence of my well-respected philosophy professor and his wife along with the members of the Friends of Buddhism group he headed for years. Something kind of dramatic then happened in the early-1980s. A deceased musician I had met once years before showed up in a dream-vision and told me to go no farther into the mystic realms without a guide or I could be torn to pieces in the inner storm while trying to reach on my own the eye of calm at the center. He was someone who had known Lee, so I paid attention to what he said. Soon a guide showed up whose identity I knew but was a living person I had never actually met. I had some correspondence with him for a few years. He is also deceased now. Then at some other point I was told again to go no farther inwardly. The admonition and instruction was given to live an ordinary life in the real world for many years to learn those lessons of patience and compassion that can only be derived from everyday situations with people.

There was some indication that many years into the future there might be some purpose I was supposed to serve. But no clues were given. Anyhow, probably that purpose has been getting fulfilled in part by some of the posts on this forum that appear to be originating from a soul group compatible with Lee's and my shared intention. That is the only reason I have been here but fortunately in the process have also met Ann and others who are akin in spirit and purpose. We will be leaving soon whenever Lee gives the signal to do so. He was a kind and ethical person during his life and has provided many evidences of his survival as himself, so I tend to trust him while at the same time I can differ with him if I want to. I am trying to stay on focus with what he and I agree we are supposed to be doing until it is finished. Likewise, Ann trusts her now deceased companion of a lifetime. Her purpose here may already have been fulfilled.

Jan, it does concern me that you do not seem to have a trustworthy guide seen or unseen. I would advise as a caution that you take a look at this item below again that I already posted about on a previous page on this Blog... BEFORE you consider what you said about attempting to delve deeper into darkness... The dark realm that Lee and I visit is not the hangout of evil beings. He is a daimon (a good spirit companion), not a bad guy demon -- the difference he pointed out to me that I posted about before. The darkness whose subtle light he is acclimating me to is not part of the astral heavens and hells at all and is a transition locale before leaving this earthly dimension to reside in the causal realm. I do not need to explain what this means in detail. Starting next week, I will have to be away from home only about 3-4 hours a day. Then I will have time to prepare and post the remaining images and messages I am supposed to make before saying good-bye to everyone and leaving here. Love to All, Suzanne

Quote:
Suzanne Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 am --Hi Jan, Well, I suppose we can have synchronicities that lead us to a more wholesome way of life with good ethical standards and sensible compassionate behavior, or we can follow the lead of negative synchronicities and wind up in utter destruction of self and others around us who we harm in the process. Unfortunately there are not very many reliable guides and guidelines to help us discern between the two or the many other in-between options of varying degrees of positive and negative effect. The hordes of popular gurus currently who write books and have seminars, usually on closer inspection are not persons we would want to be like if we knew the personal defects that they hide. Most of it is just a power trip, grandiose messiah complex, money making racket, or sexing it up with the groupie followers. It's a jungle out there in the would-be mystic realms. Synchronicities in themselves do not tell us whether the way we are going is right. All they tell us is that we are tuned into some kind of ongoing scenario -- but what kind? One New Testament verse I can agree with is "that by their fruits, you will know them." Out of the thousands of books I have read, probably only fifty (or less) would I want to have with me on the proverbial desert island. One of them would be this valid guidebook by a psychiatrist who uses both psych medications as needed along with various spiritual orientations:

Editorial Review - Kirkus Reviews Copyright (c) VNU Business Media, Inc.

"No area of Western thought is more in need of input from the spiritual disciplines than our understanding of the psychoses," says Nelson, a practicing psychiatrist, in this valiant attempt to heal the split between the orthodox Western approach to madness and that of alternative therapists who exclude biological science. In his effort to synthesize science and spirituality, Nelson uses as his starting point transpersonal psychology, which regards consciousness as the central dimension of human existence and normal consciousness as a state of relatively reduced awareness, from which the individual may expand into higher realms or contract into lower ones. The author describes various psychotic states of consciousness, including schizophrenia, mania, and multiple-personality disorder, looks at how genetics, anatomy, and brain chemistry contribute to them, and discusses the role of antipsychotic drugs in treating them. Using the ancient Tantric yoga system, Nelson describes seven chakras, or levels of consciousness, and explores the development of the psychotic mind and the relationship between madness, creativity, and spiritual enlightenment. Finally, he cautions therapists of all disciplines against misdiagnosing benign altered states of consciousness as psychotic ones and vice versa, and he offers practical strategies for applying transpersonal psychology to the treatment of the mentally ill. Nelson's credentials should give weight to his words among orthodox psychiatrists, but the words themselves--"As sperm penetrates ovum, a soft whisper perturbs the eternal background hum of the Spiritual Ground. A new being has formed within its Essence"--speak directly to the spiritual camp.

Here's a link to a good preview of it at Google Books. Just scroll down to read parts of it. This has a sensible outlook on the significance of chakra notions and what the supposed energies represent psychologically and spiritually.
LINK: Healing the Split - Preview

(Edited Thursday 3:25 PM my time to add: When you get to the book cover from the link, you'll see at the top the small word Contents is underlined. Click on that, and you get a drop-down menu of available chapters. Click on the first one that says MADNESS IN HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS 3. Then start reading, and by page 4, you will see a couple of case histories to show the contrasts between altered mind states and severe mental illness. Other available chapters are good too, but this starting section makes the issue very clear and simple to grasp. I read parts of this book over and over a couple of times a year and have for many years. It's a great ongoing resource of wise guidance.)

Lots of times too much emphasis is placed on this one or that one instead of on a balanced view of all inner aspects functioning together wholistically. END

Last edited by Suzanne on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm

Post 8-9
So many tight things between Jan and me that it's hard to speak about it, and to decide where as several topics are concerned.
I posted my last message about Jung's NDE on Aug 29,
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7904#7904
at 2:37 pm as I learnt then, and then I saw Jan posted a message here, 17 mn ago, at 2:20
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7903#7903
I was speaking in my message about the fugue in As (A flat major) from WTC1, which was inspired by a previous post by Jan on this topic, speaking about the atomic element As, and this fugue turns out to be number 17 in WTC1. WTC made Jan react, as he's writing something with a character named WTC...
The message posted 17 minutes earlier was titled
BLACK SUN SYNCHRONICITY.
He began with this :

Quote:
I just got a book I ordered: The Black Sun. The Alchemy and Art of Darkness, by Stanton Marlan, a post-jungian analyst and professor at Duquesne university, Pittsburgh.

Guess what was the first sentence i read: "I dedicate this book to my wife, Jan"!

and followed
Quote:
I googled 'Stanton' and was led to the German wikipedia site on Saint Anthony first.

Well it's so hard to explain but my first reaction to Jan's messages was about a mention of Saint Anthony's fire, which helped me to understand a crime novel by French psy Tobie Nathan, where a character is the criminal Antoine Habt, anagram of his name, having much to do with Anthony Abbot, a designation of Saint Anthony, becoming Anton Abt in German. Saint Anthony's fire, sort of LSD, made me understand the character who is distributing dope to teenagers in order to addict them and enslave them as the 'haschischins' of the Old Man of the Mountain.
There is another Antoni in another book of Nathan, which ends on 17 Jan(uar-y), Saint Anthony's feast.

I woke this morning and had a glance around me, on the piles of books and reviews around my bed, and I read on the cover of a last year review Le soleil noir s'est éteint, The black sun did turn off : it was about the death of Aimé Césaire on 17 April 08.

And I read a while ago Jan's last message about the shift from F8 to F9.
I do not feel like trying to understand it as I'm not at ease with psy theories, but numbers 8-9 are quite meaningful to me, as approaches the anniversary of the day where I woke up on 9/8 (we say 08/09 in France) with the idea in mind that 4/4/44 was exactly at the 4/5 of Jung's life, and it is true, he lived 4 x 6272 before, and 6272 days after.
A strange thing is that 6272 was not an unknown number for me, this very 6272, 't would be long to explain, and the form 62-72, which is the gematria of ARSENE-LUPIN, and one of my first literary works was to study this in the works of Maurice Leblanc.
I just think today 8-9 are the reduced values of ARSENE (6+2) and LUPIN (7+2).

My topic JUNG's NDE 52-84 was about the gematrias of JUNG and HAEMMERLI, who (maybe) exchanged their destinies on 4/4/44, turning out to be the same that Elijah and Enoch, the two only biblical characters who went alive to heaven. Jan chose Idris as a Muslim name, and Idris is Arabic for Enoch.
My last post there made me see that the product 52x84 equals 4 x 4 x (21x13), this last expression 273 being the Hebrew gematria of number "four" (arba'), so the coniunctio on 4/4/44 was a kind of 4x4x4. These numbers 21-13 follow me wildly since May.
My revivified interest in Bible made me take a new look at its structure. A printed Hebrew Bible is divided in 3 parts, TaNaK, Tora-Nebyaim-Ketubim, Pentateuch-Prophets-Other Writings, and the 3 parts count 5-21-13 books.
Today I discovered in my Bible, printed in London in 1951, that the fabrication of the object used booklets, normally of 32 pages (in-16°), and to the 5-21-13 books correspond exactly 11-21-13 booklets. Exactly because the printer wanted each part to have an exact number of booklets, and did it using some abnormal booklets of 8-12-24 pages.
That would be again a bit long to explain, and I come directly to the striking thing Jan's post made me see.
21-13 = 8-9 !!!
I explain. The division of Hebrew printed Bibles is not at all traditional but follows the Vulgata of Hieronymus and its division in Books and Chapters, this because most Jews didn't know well Hebrew and used rather translations (based on the Vulgata). The traditional division of TaNaK was in 5-8-9 books adding up to 22 as letters of Hebrew alphabet.
So here it is, 21-13 = 8-9, and there is through Bible a relation between 'my' 8/9 or 9/8 and the 13-21 or 52-84 coniuctio of Jung-Haemmerli.

Well I urged on posting this message because I saw Jan's previous post had number 7920, 55 x 144, 2 Fibonacci numbers, framing 89 (55+89=144).
I hoped to get 7921, which is 89 x 89, following a rule for all such Fibonacci numbers.
Yet I got 7922, which is 34 x 233, the Fibo numbers framing 55-89-144, following another rule...
And 34 is 21+13, as well as 2 times 8+9.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:49 am

Post SNOWFLAKE - the hexagon a unified symbol
Good Evening, Jan, It is 11:15 PM my time. Earlier tonight, I was looking up some information to use to explain to you what the One and Only says he means by the causal realm (not exactly what Ken Wilbur says) as well as more on how to me (and him) daimon and daemon do not mean demons in the sense that early Christian anti-pagan writers made the term into a new meaning of only devils. I took a break and saw in my E-mail notice that you had made this new post. You had only a short message at that point. The snowflake image made me think for some reason of looking up the another term together with snowflake. Then I started a reply, but you have added a lot of other material. Also, when I first saw your post, it had only a single image of the snowflake, but now there are lots of the same kind of one.

Could you please repost just the single animated image? I need just the one to place another snowflake image next to it for comparison. I see from what you added at the bottom that you also came across something about obsidian. Anyhow, my main interest is in the hexagon shape and its symbolic meaning spiritually. It will fit well with the daimon or daemon as the heavenly twin of the earthly soul which is my intended theme next. Can I have the single animated snowflake back before I add on to this post?

Suzanne

P.S. By the way, my brain is about 30 years older than yours, and I cannot follow so many different themes at the same time as your younger one.

11:50 PM - Thank you Jan for providing the single snowflake image again. I will probably be able to post the comparison tonight before I sign off to go to sleep... will be working on that now... I am going to post a similar hexagon image next to the one you posted.

Last edited by Suzanne on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Image Image
Quote:
Author Michael Schneider in A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe calls the hexagon a unified symbol of "structure, function, and order." Artist Tracey Payne, commenting on Sacred Geometry and the six-sided hexagon, writes: "the geometrical form that the six vibration illustrates is the relationship of the divine and the human, indicating the importance of the balance of the spiritual and the physical, the eternal and the transitory. This is the founding principle of Sacred Geometry. Six shatters the illusion that polar opposites are totally separate from each other. Six unifies the male and female aspects of our psyches, and the perceptual consciousness of the right and left hemispheres of the brain. Six represents co-operation, proportion and harmony." Since the atomic structure of living water, quartz crystals, and magnetite is hexagonal, for example, perhaps the more esoteric qualities of the 6-sided hexagon are also in some way reflected in these elements? Can water and magnetite also be seen to function at the highest levels in co-operation, proportion, and harmony with nature? (The site this description comes from is selling something I would not indulge in myself, but I owe then a link for using their concise reference to the material by Schneider and Payne.) LINK for quote

Just took a minute to add the bold dark red color to make that section stand out for forum readers. I will take up this theme of the balance between various polarities... whenever I get around to it tomorrow or on the weekend.

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:25 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 am

Post Re: INFLATIO -- mind racing - what to do
Junis wrote:
Dear Suzanne,

you just witnessed an oncoming inflatio. I sensed that it was 'too much', but couldn't refrain from spewing out all that material. Thanks, your brain is about 30 years 'wiser' than mine :)

Love,

Jan

P.S.: As Hitler appeared in this overflowing material, this harmless little 'inflatio' could well be related to my concerns about somehow contributing to 'conjuring' a 'new Hitler' in our silent observations of yin energy, and that 'building' the inner temple of an 'anti-atmoic-bomb' does neccesitate some more awareness with respect to the 'negative karma' of Hitler. We have been doing that already in finding transformations/-mutation for the Nazi black sun symbol in our crop circle gems.

Jan, the pace your mind is operating at right now is manic-like. It is often triggered in the otherwise normal balanced mind by not getting regular stretches of long enough sleep. It can also be caused by too much stress combined with some illness as well as the side-effects of medications for an illness. It is TOO MUCH of an otherwise good thing. Something like that happened to me here on the forum in February 2008 right after I kind of relived my father's death by posting about it in vivid almost present tense emotion some 50 years after it happened when I was 10. I had to go see my regular doctor, a talk therapist I have known before, and lined up a psych for medications to stop the mind racing if needed. I did not need to take anything other than a mild sleep aid provided by my regular doctor who has known me well for about a decade. When what we do seems too driven, it can help to set a slower pace... I say to myself... step by step by step. Otherwise a crash can occur that is not a necessary part of any transformational process. So, do take care, so that you can continue to make fine contributions here that we all can benefit from and interrelate to along with you. Let's see, I should put up the hexagon comparison in a few minutes before I follow my own advice and get a longer stretch of sleep soon tonight.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:10 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 am

Post About size of images posted - how to reduce them???
Jan, I almost always save images I am going to post to my computer first. I did that to the hexagon one a couple of posts up and changed it to the same size as the snowflake picture you posted. I think you have said you direct link to images because no upload button appears in your forum reply window. That means that many really gigantic pictures come into the posts, and a lot of people do not have wide enough computer screens. Somebody on the forum gave some directions I think last year for how to change the size of a direct linked image, but I do not remember how to do it. Looks like I am not going to have time to do the causal or daemon posts as I have completely lost my train of thought and feel like I am mentally staggering around... rather than proceeding step by step by step. When I was 30, I could multi-task quickly, but now I have to stay on a theme or just give up trying to keep track of too many things at once. Oh well, the football game just ended. Goodnight, All.

P.S. Can anybody tell us how to change the size of direct linked images?

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:31 am
Profile Personal album

Post Re: SLOWING DOWN ... balancing the mood swings
Junis wrote:
Quote:
Jan, the pace your mind is operating at right now is manic-like. It is often triggered in the otherwise normal balanced mind by not getting regular stretches of long enough sleep. It can also be caused by too much stress combined with some illness as well as the side-effects of medications for an illness. It is TOO MUCH of an otherwise good thing. Something like that happened to me here on the forum in February 2008 right after I kind of relived my father's death by posting about it in vivid almost present tense emotion some 50 years after it happened when I was 10.

Makes sense. I'll try to slow done. The Daimon and Golden Age response got transfered to a seperate new topic accidentally, which is symbolic in itsself. I guess, I'm reliving the trauma-related emotions within a transformational framework. Its a PTSD thing. I'm not taking any medication. And sleeping pills don't work for me (they have paradoxical effects). The energetical 'wounds' open up again, which is neccessary in the healing process, but can become overpowering at some point. I can see from my symbolical perception, that I'll be jolting back into a more 'depressed' state again soon, before I can balance it out on a average level of arousal.

Jan

Hi Jan, Before I get back to the esoterics about going home to the causal realm with my very own personal daemon friend/love, I will paste in a brief post from page 3 of this Blog. It was only shortly after I posted it that I wound up taking off a week from all responsibilities and saw my regular doctor and the talk therapist and had a psych meds doc available in case I needed that kind of extra stabilization. Again, I think this is my third recommendation of it on this Blog, the book Healing the Split (LINK - to post about free book chapters) by John E. Nelson M.D. can be very helpful and may prevent unneeded breakdown. I kind of really like this image below because it is a good reminder to me that whenever I feel TOO animated and driven, it is time to slow down those swing arcs... or else fall off and out of reality. Certain extremist anti-psychiatry proponents do a lot of talk about some totally natural way of dealing with even the most severe mental illness, but the problem is that there is no evidence whatsoever that they have ever succeeded in creating a treatment model that works. I don't have time to look it up at the moment, but one of the most famous Anti-psychs started a community to help severe schizophrenics and wound up giving up on it after awhile. But we usually do not get to hear about that defeat of his own notion.

Here is my self-reminder not to get going at such a momentum as to get too far out...

Suzanne Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Re: Rhythmic Balanced Interchange
(a science term of Walter Russell borrowed for this post title)

Hello Ann, Here is a simple illustration of balance and rhythm. I used to have web pages for people with mental illness on various topics, usually on practical issues related to no income, no job, no home or matters like that with practical solutions if you knew where to find them. Maybe I will put them back up when I have the time again to maintain them. Sometimes I added pages a few at a time about specific disorders. You can guess which condition this fine art painting illustrates. Bipolar. If you go too high and too fast in either direction, you are going to fall off. Either backward or forward. On your face or on your butt. Here is where one picture can be worth a thousand words.

MOOD SWINGS

I don't recall what the original title was - I usually write them down but didn't in this case apparently. But you can see how the new title, I gave it, fits.

Suzanne

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:28 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 am

Post Re: SNOWFLAKE OBSIDIAN & Healing Syncronicities
Junis wrote:
Dear Suzanne,

Quote:
Obsidian helps to protect the very sensitive against depression. It is the stone of the soft hearted and gentle people of the world. Use obsidian to help block negativity of any kind. As a black gemstone, it symbolizes self control and resilience. Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility.

I woke up with the obsididan healing flow from my Aug 31st 5 a.m. post before my inner eye. This 'obsidian flow' helping to heal my worst childhood trauma was released by my remaining in a witnessing state while confronted with the most abysmal and darkest memories. This confrontation was brought forth by the image of the black sun. It seemed to me as though the image of the snow flake and the image of the obsidian flow were of quite the 'opposite' hue. Look what suddenly popped up now:

SNOWFLAKE OBSIDIAN

Snowflake Obsidian Associations:

Quote:
Zodiac - Virgo
Typical colours - Black with white patches
Snowflake Obsidian is a natural volcanic glass containing the mineral Cristobalite in the form of white "snowflake" crystal patterns.

In addition to the generic healing properties of Obsidian, Snowflake Obsidian is calming and soothing. It teaches you to value mistakes as well as successes. A stone of purity, Snowflake Obsidian provides balance for body, mind and spirit. It helps you recognise and release “wrong thinking” and stressful mental patterns. Promotes dispassion and inner centring. Snowflake Obsidian empowers isolation and loneliness, aiding surrender in meditation.

Snowflake Obsidian aids in disorders of the veins and the skeletal structure. It improves circulation and alleviates muscular aches and spasms. Treats joint pain (arthritis) and hardening of the arteries.

Jan

P.S.: I'll try to focus on one line of imaging a little more.

Hi Jan, It looks like we are in "synch" again about meaningful coincidences. I have mentioned before that my Firefox browser has a detailed chronological order History of visited web pages. Comes in handy in "documenting" valid synchronicities rather than mere loose associations that may not necessarily have a meaningful connection. Some of those very oversized images you posted in your first snowflake post were of interest to me but were kind of too many and too diverse for my getting older brain to take in without confusion.

Anyhow, I can see from my Firefox History that right before reading that first snowflake post, I had been at a specific site to choose those references I wanted to make here about the causal realm and supposedly (if he actually still exists as a conscious entity rather than only in my imagination) what the deceased One and Only would mean by demon-daimon-daemon. I first came upon the website quite a few years ago. Terrific images and esoteric insights. I admired all the effort the lady had put into it. Interestingly to me, she described an unusual relationship with a man she called only "John" who was in effect her living spiritual master that she only met in person a few times but who she felt was guiding her both before they met and after she last saw him. There was no personal romance angle in this bond between them. Once in awhile, I will land at that site when looking up some esoteric word, read a bit, and then leave.

Some months ago, when Lee (my friend/love/inner guide) said that after this world we would be going to reside in the causal realm, I decided to look up what that meant. There are different opinions on its meaning of course, as -- let's face it, Folks -- in esoterics there can be troublesome contradictions among various so-called spiritual masters. The Google results gave lots to choose from, most seeming to say it is a more abstract realm, less similar to material objects than the astral world, and maybe even you just merge into the Big Ocean of Annihilation afterwards as a final step. That does not have a great appeal to me: to come from nothing and go back to nothing after eons of suffering and precious little joy by comparison to the volumes of confusion and misery. I did not find a Google description I particularly liked. Well, Lee said he would show me instead. So, we have supposedly been visiting there. It takes some adjusting to get used to the way things or no things are perceived... there. Of course there is no there. An actual change in location is not necessary. A shift in inner consciousness can access it right here and now.

Looks like I better post what's here so far before losing it and will keep adding... Offhand, I do not recall how I wound up again at the lady's website some weeks ago or whenever it was and discovered she had a page on subtle bodies including the causal body. Lee will sometimes say, pay attention now to this. So, I did. He indicated this was close enough to his viewpoint on the subject.
Quote:
The Spiritual body, or Causal body finally, is the root of the Soul, the essence or "divine spark" around which all the other layers of the Soul are built up; it represents the point of contact between the human microcosm and that unity of Being that, in theological terms, we may as well call the unknown God. It can best be imagined as pure Being, without any other definition or quality.

Then I was looking around some more. The lady is now able to reveal the real identity of her living (now deceased) spiritual master, known before only as "John". None other than Raymond Bernard, 19 Mai 1923 - 10 Jan 2006, a Grand Master of the modern Rosicrucians in Europe. Lee had said when he was alive that he used to be a Rosicrucian. So, that is why I went back to that website the other night to get the info on the causal that I wanted to post. Yee gads, what does all this have to do with obsidian snowflakes?

In the Firefox History, I can see that I came from the subtle bodies web page to here. I read Jan's first post about the snowflake image. LINK to Sept 3 post Then he added some oversized images that he later removed. But I remembered, I think... what a couple of them were. Something about obsidian and something about the Black Madonna statues. I had the notion to look up "spiritual snowflake" with both text and image results. That is how I came up with this similar image to go along with the animated image Jan had posted.

Image Image
Quote:
Author Michael Schneider in A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe calls the hexagon a unified symbol of "structure, function, and order." Artist Tracey Payne, commenting on Sacred Geometry and the six-sided hexagon, writes: "the geometrical form that the six vibration illustrates is the relationship of the divine and the human, indicating the importance of the balance of the spiritual and the physical, the eternal and the transitory. This is the founding principle of Sacred Geometry. Six shatters the illusion that polar opposites are totally separate from each other. Six unifies the male and female aspects of our psyches, and the perceptual consciousness of the right and left hemispheres of the brain. Six represents co-operation, proportion and harmony." Since the atomic structure of living water, quartz crystals, and magnetite is hexagonal, for example, perhaps the more esoteric qualities of the 6-sided hexagon are also in some way reflected in these elements? Can water and magnetite also be seen to function at the highest levels in co-operation, proportion, and harmony with nature? (The site this description comes from is selling something I would not indulge in myself, but I owe then a link for using their concise reference to the material by Schneider and Payne.) LINK for quote

Actually, these listed below were the first three text (instead of image) results,
but the first one had this great image to go along with the above theme:

Spiritual Snowflake by Ava Connie

#
Spiritual Snowflake by ~Ava-Connie on deviantART
Jul 15, 2009 ... Art - community of artists and those devoted to art. Digital art, skin art, themes, wallpaper art, traditional art, photography, ...
http://ava-connie.deviantart.com/.../Sp ... -129614665 - Cached - Similar

#
Snowflake Obsidian: Spiritual Dictionary on Snowflake Obsidian
Snowflake Obsidian: Snowflake obsidian is a striking black, lustrous opaque stone with grayish/white bold markings, much like the beautiful patterns of ...
http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Sno ... /id/190432 - Cached - Similar

#
About Inner Dimensional Sound Chamber
This spiritual rotating vehicle aligns in angler form to meet the spiritual snowflake Mandala that was formed at the point of conception. ...
http://www.soundheal.com/transformative%20Pyramid.htm - Cached - Similar

The above websites have some very interesting material related to our interests. It turns out that Obsidian is the stone substance that some historical alchemists and Rosicrucians such as John Dee (who has been discussed at this forum) used to create a black mirror with effects somewhat akin to a crystal ball.

Next we go to something about the Black Madonna because of the image, in Jan's first snowflake post that he made, of such a madonna that he later removed. I am not sure if it was the same one as this one... that I got afterwards from the same website run by the lady whose spiritual master was Rosicrucian Grand Master Raymond Bernard.

A Reflection on Black Virgins by Alice Ouzounian (webmaster of http://www.plotinus.com)

Intentionally hundreds of icons of Mary have black faces and hands. In France they are called "Vierge Noires" or Black Virgins. In other countries they are called Black Madonnas. Some call her "the other Mary". Jung said she is Isis whilst others consider her to be the iconic remains of prehistoric Mother Earth worship. She is linked with Cybele/Demeter, Diana/Artemis, Isis and Venus/Aphrodite. Cross-culturally she is associated with Kali, Inanna & Lilith. Historically she has ties to the Crusades and the Moorish occupation of Spain, to the Conquistadors, who brought her to the New World and to the Merovingians and Knight Templars. For modern psychologists she is said to express the archetype of the Dark Feminine. In other words, She represents our individual subconscious in which all the experiences, qualities and distortions of past incarnations are kept, engrained and hidden. They are until such time when the bells of “salvation” reverberate in one's Psyche and the time for transformation appears in one's life. The feminine Principle, like Marie Magdalene, manifests in consciousness and like the essence that she represents, follows the guidance of the Inner Voice... the real Master, or the Cosmic Christ within…

...What does the Black Virgin represent?

In the context of esoteric tradition, she represents a collection of all the Feminine Qualities that are hidden but ready to express through an individual. This kind of energy has the qualities of Demeter, Aphrodite, Isis, Marie Magdalena and so on, all in one. Thus, she corresponds to the powers of transformation in each one of us. The hidden part of Nature's characteristics. These different qualities reflect through the mirror of the PSYCHE. In other words the Black Virgin represents the AWAKENING SPIRITUAL PROCESS OF NATURE...

...It is the Soul’s mission that does not belong to just one individual, but to all the different soul personalities that have lived and are still living in us… and through us. What does this means? It simply means that nothing is lost... and we reap now what we sowed in the past... The reason for this quest is to awaken Consciousness. Awaken consciousness to its true Essence...beyond the masks of past incarnations…and reach the bottomless source where lies pure Being. Beingness, is the source of all the manifestations of creation. The Black Virgin unfolds Beingness through a secret process that unveils and unravels the mysteries of all our past and future incarnations. Symbolically, we could say that she represents the “sign” of our Redemption... http://www.plotinus.com/black_virgins_copy.htm

Jan, the reason I do this kind of step by step documentation of the process of the synchronicities is to show that there is a form of logic that connects and interweaves the various sources, but of course many aspects of the process are not obvious direct cause and effect at all. They are coincidences that mean something dynamically to an individual or to a group with a common interest or theme. What you describe about recently working through your childhood trauma, related to the Crater Lake horrific experience you have mentioned before, is very similar to what happened to me here on the forum in February of last year. I described a terrible fear from childhood where I have to have at least a sheet up around my neck while I sleep. Not because of some fear of vampires that I do not believe in literally at all. It goes back to something before I was about two years old and also the trauma of watching my father die when I was ten. Since the breakthrough last year, which you can see in detail at the link below, I no longer have that fear, I had for 50 some years, about having to protect my throat area at night.

There are two primary posts relating this healing process that was aided by use of Remo's BCI.
The first is Re: Healing of the World Soul and has mention of Carl Jung, The Black Madonna, and Albert Schweitzer.
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5930#5930

The second is Re: BCI - confronting the inner Shadow without fear and tells about my watching on the Internet for the first time since childhood (or young teens) the Dead Men Walk movie that was somehow related to my trauma feelings.
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5944#5944

Suzanne

P.S. This is what I said at the end of that post: "Actually just writing about this makes me feel rather happy and confident. The fear has dissipated. This must be an outcome of being able to share all this safely with our soul family here."

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Post Leonardo - An Alternative Da Vinci Code - One
Hello All, I have meant to get around to this Leonardo topic after Ann and I finished covering a lot of other themes first. Jan has provided me with a timely reminder in his most recent post. Here is the image that he used which fits well with what is coming next in my posts.

Vitruvian Man by Leonardo Da Vinci, c. 1487
With added features of a Merkaba that are not in the original.

My first mention of Leonardo Da Vinci on this Blog occurred on Feb. 6, 2008. It was not planned but simply happened in the middle of my rambling recall of my father's death and the entrance into my life four years later of my dear older friend/love who helped me to overcome my despair about life in general more than any other one person. I have never mentioned one specific thing about this before. I did say in the Feb. 2008 post that Lee called and asked me to meet him at a museum. He wanted to show me a picture that was a startling example of an impossible synchronicity if there ever was one. If anybody wants to re-read about it all in detail, or if any newcomers want to see the foundation of what is going to be dealt with here about Da Vinci, please do go ahead and take a look at this link:

Re: Healing the World Soul - Helping Hand - Hall of Mirrors
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5958#5958

What I did not mention last year except fleetingly was that my mother had said that my father might not have died if I had called her in time when he appeared to be ill at home while she was at work. Only my sister, who was nine years older than me and had already left home, ever knew about this. She thought it was our mother's way of blaming me as a child of ten for what was her own responsibility for not calling an ambulance earlier than she did. This was such a horrible hidden incident in my life that I never talked about it to any counselor or other adult who might have helped me overcome this unfair stigma of somehow not preventing my father's death. I know absolutely for certain that I never would have mentioned this to my older man friend's wife during the period of time in which she was very kindly talking with me about how to get through school despite my mother's drunken rants and other mistreatment. I was very surprised one day when she said that his mother had sent him to get help when his father was ill and blamed him for not getting back in time to save his dad's life. I sure did not say anything to her in reply that something similar had happened to me because I would have choked and sobbed on the words. So, what happened when Lee asked me to come to the museum because he wanted to show me one specific picture, then takes on a miraculous significance even beyond the obvious synchronicity already mentioned in last year's post. I am moving only a small portion of that post to here with its pictures in order to introduce the Leonardo topic. It starts out with the museum incident:

Quote:
Then later on when I was 18, my one and only real friend in the world called from his work that was nearby the apartment where I lived when I was starting college in Washington DC. I had actually survived and gotten away from home and the nuts Mother. He wanted me to meet him at an art museum. He said there is a painting I must see. I looked up at the strange picture on the wall of a little girl and an old man in a rowboat. I was shocked practically into another dimension. The last thing my father and I had done together the Saturday before he died was go out on a rowboat on the Potomac River because his doctors had said his heart condition was much better after a recent hospitalization. I had never mentioned this to my friend or anyone else. Then he said, "See. That's us. It is called 'The Helping Hand.' I am helping you, and you are helping me."

Another time, on one of our walks around the block, I said to him that I had been reading a book about how the universe is billions of years old and we are just insignificant little humans who are born and die in a few fleeting years. He said in effect, but we two do know - we are significant! Our bond of oneness shows that there is some hidden meaning to life. It is a sign of God.

My mother had been absolutely right about him. He would say sometimes that if he was not married (and I was married by then with a baby), he would defy convention about the age difference. But as things were with our life circumstances, it was his responsibility as the older person to decide what was right and wrong and abide by that. You will notice that a lot of this is coming out in the present tense because that is how it is re-experienced. I am just repeating this now along the same lines as the narrative I was seeing last night with myriads of details left out. Once I dreamed, during a time when I had just found out that I would never be able to see him again because his wife had finally gotten around to objecting and ending it all, that I would have to seek him again in the Hall or Wall of Mirrors. I had no idea what that meant. It is a great secret to our existence.

We are a kaleidoscope - but we are not insignificant. We are all one yet potentially enduring as an individual somehow. My daughter called me some years ago and said I just had to read The Da Vinci Code. She said it was about the things "you used to say 30 years ago" about mystical meanings in Leonardo's paintings. The other night I said to her that perhaps I should start a thread at the Jungian forum I go to about The Real Da Vinci Code - which happens to be significantly different from the more sensational worldly meanings given in the book. Here are a couple of clues:

We are a chamber of mirrors, overlaping images in a kaleidoscope, originating from a one point source and radiating out in myriad complexities. Some of the individual images happen to resonate and reverberate more in tune with some of the others - we will say...

Here is a link to a do it yourself online kaleidoscope. Start at the small central point - and see what happens. It is us, but we are not insignificant.

http://www.permadi.com/java/spaint

This below is a small part from another related post of May 27, 2009.
Series of Our Collective Synchronicities Continued
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7545#7545

Quote:
This will get us around to the fact that the Great Pyramid
is not the actual shape that we usually assume.
This is a big clue, but I do not have time to follow up on it now.

1940 aerial photo - this feature only shows up from above at
certain times of the day - the Great Pyramid actually has 8 sides.
Each of the 4 obvious sides are halves indented in the middle.

Details can be investigated at this link:
The Concave Faces of the Great Pyramid
http://www.catchpenny.org/concave.html

Next, more about the Egyptian connection and then on to Leonardo Da Vinci...
and his Hall of Mirrors... or rather, Cabinet of Mirrors.

LINK to first mention of Hall of Mirrors at this blog:
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:03 pm
Re: Healing the World Soul - Helping Hand - Hall of Mirrors
Mention and picture of Da Vinci at end of that post.
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=5958#5958

More to this later, Suzanne

P.S. The continuation of this Leonardo theme will be in several posts -- all named the same thing but numbered. Next will be Leonardo - An Alternative Da Vinci Code - Two.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 am
Profile Personal album

Post Leonardo - An Alternative Da Vinci Code - Two
Hi All, I just started working on this -- 11:20 AM my time Thursday -- and will finish it up tonight or tomorrow. The crop circle below was sent to me in E-mail by Ann's and my good friend who is no longer at this forum. Looks like this is a crop circle the rest of us missed. It is supposed to be the largest crop circle ever and was found in the Netherlands. The lady who sent it to me commented: "This butterfly man crop circle in Holland looks a lot like one of the Da Vinci drawings I have seen somewhere.------enjoy." The time stamp on when this arrived into my Inbox was Tuesday 9/8/2009 10:40:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time. Since our friend no longer reads the posts at the forum, she could not know that I had just re-posted a picture that Jan had provided in his most recent message of a drawing by Leonardo with a Merkaba superimposed on it. The time stamp on that post I made was Suzanne Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 pm. So there is only a few hours between these two images which provides an interesting synchronicity. I checked back with our friend and she replied that the Leonardo drawing she had thought of when seeing the butterfly crop circle is this Vitruvian Man one at left here below. What do the rest of you folks think about the similarity?

Image Image

An Imminent Transformation News Flash!
Butterfly Man Crop Circle appears in Holland

A Gigantic Butterfly Crop Circle formation (530 Meters x 450 Meters), the Biggest Crop Circle Ever
and appeared in Netherlands near a town in southern Holland called Goes, on the 8th of August 2009.....

Lots of other people besides me certainly have noticed this tie-in to Leonardo in the form of the crop circle Butterfly Man. Here is a two-minute Dutch video that shows the Butterfly-Vitruvian Man from a airplane view. Description in Dutch: Beelden van de graanvlinder bij de Blauwe Wijk in de Wilhelminapolder (nabij Goes), die in de nacht van donderdag op vrijdag door 55 mensen is gemaakt. De vlinder met in het midden een mens, een ontwerp geinspireerd op het werk van Leonardo da Vinci, is een ontwerp van Remko Delfgauw uit Zonnemaire.

Looking back today at posts of some weeks ago here on the Ann-Suzanne Blog and over on the 2009 Crop Circle thread that Kristin began this year on May 31, I see that the Merkaba theme (interrelating other themes) was developing in connection with a dream-vision I had and crop circles Kristin posted about in June. Here is the Merkaba image she provided with a description she made:

Kristin said: A picture of the merkaba as 'auric' phenomenon, here showing the meeting of two triangles of light, resulting in the Seal of Solomon profile, which represents the coming together of the yin and yang energies in harmonic marriage, is depicted in the following diagram:

Image Image

To me these two images are saying the same thing
using different yet related symbolic forms.

LINK to Kristin's start of the 2009 Crop Circle thread...
and the beginning of the Merkaba discussion there:
http://unus-mundus.fr/viewtopic.php?p=7563#7563

I do not want to complicate these Leonardo posts too much by overdoing multiple themes within each one, so I will leave this one as is and add more material about my (June 2009 I think it was...) merkaba-butterfly-pyramid vision experiences in my next post - Leonardo - An Alternative Da Vinci Code - Three. Suzanne

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:09 pm
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Post Homo Luminous?

Gregory

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 am

Post The Imago-Dei
Quote:
Jan wrote:
The Dutch text seems to indicate that the crop circle is man made by 55 people.

Quote:
The imago-Dei pervades the entire human sphere and makes mankind its involuntary exponent. Answer To Job, C. G. Jung, § 660.

Gregory

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:48 am

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Seal of Sol&Moon
Hi to everyone, and a special hello to Jan's schwartze Taube from my weisse Amsel

Well again I'm late because I needed time to see things a bit clearer, and to be able to share them.
This Seal of Solomon Vitruvian man posted here on Sep 7 became quite meaningful on Sep 9 when a research about St Anthony led me to a French site where someone sees in MoNaLiSa the consonants of SoLoMoN, and gives this:
Another idea of the guy is that Mona Lisa is an allusion to Fibonacci sequence and Golden Ratio, as, in a reduced Latin alphabet
MONA = 13, LISA = 21, MONALISA = 34
I won't give a dime it was done on purpose by Leonardo, but I'm overwhelmed by these Fibonacci numbers 13-21-34 since May, where I had 3 publications in papers or collections having numbers 13-21-34, although I hadn't published anything within a year.
If I relate this otherwise to Jung-Haemmerli exchange, I'm peculiarly bewildered by the Leonardo context, as my favorite crimewriter, Ellery Queen who wrote in 1964 a book about Holy Week 1944 where 4/4/44 was Holy Tuesday, did write in 1932 a book about a newfound Leonardo picture, and the two parts of the book in 21 and 13 chapters gave the acrostics
THE GREEK COFFIN MYSTERY (title of the book)
BY ELLERY QUEEN (the author)
Many things suggest a reference to Hypnerotomachia Poliphili.
The same Queen wrote in 1948 a book with a godlike character naming his wife Salomina, and the key of the plot was found when it was understood to be the anagram of Mona Lisa.
I'm striked by the possibility to read SOLOMON as the coniuctio SOL(sun)-MOON
and the same Queen wrote in 1937 a story about an affair between Winni Moon and Solomon Spaeth, killed in a mandala place. The detective QUEEN investigates the case under the name of Hilary KING...

This comes right after I found the Hebrew printed Bible was (accidentally) divided in 5-21-13 books, which can be read He-Shin-Mem, the letters of ranks 5-21-13, giving the word ha-shem, "The Name", usual designation of God.
Shem, "name", is the name of the patriarch I related to Jung on the Jung's NDE topic. Its letters Shin and Mem symbolize Fire ('esh) and Water (mayim), which is quite alike Sun and Moon.

Strangely the ranks 21-13 in our alphabet stand for U-M, the initials of this forUM, maybe the ultimate coniuctio symbol.

Strangely again, Jan, you gave a Seal of Salomon made of Penrose's tribars, and I illustrated on my blog the BBL-SSK pattern with this, done by a friend :

I was quite inspired by Aronofsky's films, and I discuss here a point on an English-speaking forum.
[b]

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Imago-Dei & Leonardo's Symbology
Gregory Sova wrote:
Quote:
Jan wrote:
The Dutch text seems to indicate that the crop circle is man made by 55 people.

Quote:
The imago-Dei pervades the entire human sphere and makes mankind its involuntary exponent. Answer To Job, C. G. Jung, § 660.

Gregory

Thank you, Gregory for the animated Homo Luminous above. I had found a very tiny version of that to use in another post, but it did not enlarge well to suit my purposes. Your quote from Jung above and what you said over on the crop circle thread is just about my view also. Even though I go on at times as if I "believe" certain things, it is usually that I accept them in the esoteric but not the exoteric sense. To me probably 90% (or more) of the Old Testament never took place literally. As far as the New Testament goes, there is very little evidence that most of what is said -- maybe even very close to all -- ever took place either. There was somebody (or more than one) that parts, of what is said about Jesus, in the Gospels were based on. But as Schweitzer said around 1900, we can never pin down the historical validity of any of it. He took the version of Jesus he preferred from aspects of the Sermon on the Mount (and similar passages), and in accordance with his own inner values and aspirations, he acted upon that Christ-like Mystical Image within himself. It was interesting to discover some months ago, what I posted about earlier on this Blog, that Albert Schweitzer and Rudolph Steiner had a great affection and respect for one another. Personally, although I am rather fond of Steiner as a person, to me it seems he created so many elaborations and complications far beyond his seemingly valid insights, that a lot of it becomes another kind of mumbo jumbo to get caught up in around and around meandering endlessly. To me, now that I am older, something considerably more simple like what we have as the Gnostic-like "Gospel of Thomas" provides an easy enough summary of what many of us can begin to focus on within ourselves once we get tired of the meandering through a zillion other myths.

In about a half hour, I am going to have a reunion with my girl friend who I met when we were 12 years old. We were sort of "partners in crime" (not really very bad ones, just young goofy stuff) for about 20 years. Then she moved away, and I have not seen or heard from her in 35 years. The timing of her being found by my daughter by way of the Internet is very significant. I had been posting a lot about Walter Russell and his concerns about Atomic Suicide. Also there was our family trip to Swannanoa in June. My friend I will call Marla on the forum had an urge precisely during that time to put her picture and profile on one of the locales online for that kind of thing. So, now she will be back in the picture, all the way here to Virginia from California, for some in-person double checks about my recall of long ago events related here. She actually knew my "One and Only" in person -- maybe she even was the one that made that term up for him to kind of tease me about my obsession -- but she also witnessed many things that indicated that some kind of very amazing "psychic" like things appeared to be happening in reality then with him. Marla was the friend who went with me to meet Lao Russell in 1971 and overheard all of the discussion about my vision of Lee apparently conversing with her deceased husband, and Mrs. Russell thought it was very likely they could have known one another in the 1950s. Also Marla has remembered other details that I had not seen as significant until reminded of them by her. She was also a partaker in my intense interest in Leonardo and knows what kind of similar but not identical notions I came up with before the decades later speculations there were clues in his paintings about his connection to hidden heresies. Anyhow, I will expand on this personal Da Vinci Code of mine in a couple of days when I get back home after the reunion with my friend.

The picture in another post below of Leonardo's supposed portrayal of John the Baptist is just a first clue of my own about its relationship to our interests at this forum that are similar to the "other" Gospels. I want to find out what other folks see in it first.

Suzanne

Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 pm
Profile Personal album

Post QUIZ: What do you personally think this means?
This is supposed to be Leonardo's portrayal of St. John the Baptist. As it is usually seen in its present very darkened form with the details of the human figure not visible, I used Auto Correct in my Microsoft Image Viewer to lighten up what is usually not seen in it such as the lower hand and clothes of the person. What is "he" doing pointing to his own chest or heart with one hand and pointing upwards with one finger to or beyond the cross he is holding? Is this face anything like what you would expect John the Baptist to look like? What is this guy doing with a Mona Lisa type smile on his lips?

John the Baptist -- or Who or What?

Please do not look up anything with Google first. That is cheating on this QUIZ! What do you personally think and feel about the possible hidden meanings in this picture? See you folks in a couple of days when I get back home.

Suzanne

Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 pm
Profile Personal album

Post More about Leonardo's St. John the Baptist
Hi All, This first picture below is probably what most people would think John the Baptist might look like to fit the description given in the Gospel of Mark - New International Version:

John the Baptist Prepares the Way

1The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

2It is written in Isaiah the prophet:

“I will send my messenger ahead of you,

who will prepare your way”—

3“a voice of one calling in the desert,

‘Prepare the way for the Lord,

make straight paths for him.’”

4And so John came, baptizing in the desert region and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. 6John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.....

Image Image
John the Baptist by Titian compared with John the Baptist by Leonardo
Which one of these images fits better with the verses in the Gospel of Mark?

Bernie Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 about an article Save the Gnostics in which he said:

Most excellent article by Nathanial Deutsch, professor of Jewish studies at Swarthmore, on the fate of the Mandeans, the last Gnostics of the Middle East, who see John the Baptist as avatar. There are but 500 Gnostics left and their union returns back 2000 years: Their condition is being destroyed by the war on Iraq.

Suzanne Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007: Hi Bernie, The Mandeans are an interesting topic. These "people" relics of the past, who can give us some real clues about the ancient beliefs, are disappearing fast throughout the Middle East region. Here are a few starting points about them.

In Mandean Gnostic Cosmology,
the Uthras are androgynous divine entities
that emanate from God.

From a Mandean text

Pronunciation: Ew-thrahs • (noun)

A selection from Mandean scripture:

The Messenger of Light Creates
the Way of Salvation.
I prepared a path for the good ones
and made a gateway for the world.
A gateway for the world I made
and erected a throne in it.
A throne for the good ones I erected
and set up a light beside it.
A light I set up beside it,
which is completely perfect.
And a watch-tower for the sons of perfection I erected,
in the place where they live and are without deficiency.
I set up thrones for them
and presented them with magnificant robes.
I established the Jordan of the Great Life
and appointed guardians over it,
who were rich and without deficiency.
I set up a throne for the lord of the radiant beings
and erected a light before it.
A light, which I erected,
which was completely perfect.
With illumination and praise,
with what the Life had caused me to hear,
with illumination and praise
I arose and went to the House of the Mighty Life.
In the joy that I felt,
I reported to the Mighty Life.
The Mighty Life rejoiced and was glad,
he was overjoyed with me.
The Life thanked me
and gave me more glory than I had before.
He spoke to me:
Kusta preserve you, good one,
and preserve the word that you have spoken.
The Life spoke in his joy
to the uthras and said :
Praise the strength of the man,
who healed the water through the fire.
Praise the strength of the man,
against whom the fire sinned not.
The fire did not sin against him ;
the uthra shone in its brightness.
In its brightness the uthra shone
and prepared a path for the perfect ones.
For the perfect ones he prepared a path
and granted salvation to the perfect ones.
Salvation he granted to the perfect ones
and remembered their names in the house of the Mighty Life.
------------------------------

Very big "Meaningful Coincidence" related to topic of St. John the Baptist

A very extraordinary synchronicity happened that week Bernie and I were posting about the Mandeans almost two years ago. I was on my way back home in my car after taking care of my grandchildren after school. My husband called briefly and said he was unhappy and discouraged about a medical problem. So, I decided to go to a restaurant I had not been by in years and pick up a specific kind of American dinner he had asked for recently. I thought that might cheer him up a bit. I got to the parking lot and discovered the place had closed down. I called home and said I had meant well but there would be no special dinner he most wanted as a surprise tonight. It was by then raining hard, so I did not want to be driving far to somewhere else in the dark. I looked over at the lineup of shops and decided to go into the first one I saw. It was a kabob place, and he said that would be OK. I walked in, and it was kind of like I had suddenly been transported to an eating place where the Taliban would hang out in Afghanistan. There were pictures on the wall in vivid colors of robed and turbaned men with long beards and long guns on and off horses posing as formidable modern warriors. By looking at the details of the pictures and posters and finding a date on one, I quickly figured out these were Afghans from the time period when they were our buddies fighting against the Russian invasion of their homeland. I had to make the food order and then wait at a table toward the back near the pickup counter. There were several tables of folks eating in up in the front of the restaurant. For some, not apparent reason, there were three men and one woman not waiting for their order but actually eating at the first table in the back instead of up front. I sat down at the second table in the back. One man was trying to explain to another man -- all four appeared to be Americans -- about the earlier war in Afghanistan and the current US military situation there where "we" are now there fighting some of our former allies. I was only waiting about ten minutes. Suddenly, the conversation changed to talking about the US invasion of Iraq. Then I was completely stunned to hear a word I certainly have never heard before in public. The man giving the little lecture to his dining friends said that the Iraq war has had devastating consequences on various minorities that most people have never heard of. He began to explain about what used to be under Saddam's rule a significant number of very ancient Assyrian Christians who now were having to flee their ancestral homes... and another interesting much smaller group called... yes... the Mandeans who see John the Baptist as more important then Jesus. Even if this man giving the little talk to the others had just read the same NY Times article that Bernie had posted about here at the forum, what are the chances that I would be in the same restaurant with those folks precisely during the ten minutes when he would be mentioning the Mandeans?

LINK that Bernie gave to the article about historical and contemporary Mandeans:
"Save the Gnostics" at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/06/opini ... ref=slogin

Now let us compare two of the pictures above in another combination:

Image Image

Leonardo's St. John the Baptist as androgynous male-female person -- In Mandean
Gnostic Cosmology, the Uthras are androgynous divine entities that emanate from God.

Fundamental tenets of Mandaean Gnosis

According to E.S. Drower, the Mandaean Gnosis is characterized by nine features, which appear in various forms in other gnostic sects:[5]

1. A supreme formless Entity, the expression of which in time and space is creation of spiritual, etheric, and material worlds and beings. Production of these is delegated by It to a creator or creators who originated in It. The cosmos is created by Archetypal Man, who produces it in similitude to his own shape.
2. Dualism: a cosmic Father and Mother, Light and Darkness, Right and Left, syzygy in cosmic and microcosmic form.
3. As a feature of this dualism, counter-types, a world of ideas.
4. The soul is portrayed as an exile, a captive: home and origin being the supreme Entity to which the soul eventually returns.
5. Planets and stars influence fate and human beings, and are also places of detention after death.
6. A saviour spirit or saviour spirits which assist the soul on the journey through life and after it to 'worlds of light'.
7. A cult-language of symbol and metaphor. Ideas and qualities are personified.
8. 'Mysteries', i.e. sacraments to aid and purify the soul, to ensure rebirth into a spiritual body, and ascent from the world of matter. These are often adaptations of existing seasonal and traditional rites to which an esoteric interpretation is attached. In the case of the Naṣoreans this interpretation is based upon the Creation story (see 1 and 2), especially on the Divine Man, Adam, as crowned and anointed King-priest.
9. Great secrecy is enjoined upon initiates; full explanation of 1, 2, and 8 being reserved for those considered able to understand and preserve the gnosis.

Mandaeans believe in marriage and procreation, and in the importance of leading an ethical and moral lifestyle in this world, placing a high priority upon family life. Consequently, Mandaeans do not practice celibacy or asceticism. Mandaeans will, however, abstain from strong drink and red meat. While they agree with other gnostic sects that the world is a prison governed by the planetary archons, they do not view it as a cruel and inhospitable one.

Suzanne

P.S. to Jan, Go right ahead while I am away from home today and give the down to earth view as you mentioned on another thread this morning. I was checking back some pages on this Ann-Suzanne Blog yesterday and saw where Ann and I were discussing with Betty my dream-vision when Lee was supposedly going to take me to see what "our home" after death would be like. Some things transpired but didn't wind up anywhere except back to where I already was when I went to sleep. Lee was saying as his last words, when I asked again where home is, something like, "It's here. We are home." Home is where the heart is. Home is a state of being rather than a place to go to. Those were the notions Ann, Betty, and I were pondering. Well, I'm heading off now to see the friend again, I had not seen or heard from for 35 years until last week, who also shared the Leonardo interest way back then too.

P.P.S. Wow, Jan, it's 9:47, and after I made the post script addition above, I see that you posted your reply below at 9:44. Thanks for mentioning Elaine Pagel. I'll comment when I get home.

Last edited by Suzanne on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Oh, and I had to add I could not resist looking more carefully at how you were linking this topic in your post to Remo's observations. Thanks so much for that too!

Last edited by Suzanne on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:53 am
Profile Personal album

Last edited by Gone on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33  Next