UNUS MUNDUS

The UNUS MUNDUS forum of Psychovision (Remo F. Roth) invites discussion of theoretical and practical issues of a possible union of Carl Jung's depth psychology with quantum physical principles.
(All posts are the property of their respective authors)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:11 pm

[ 17 posts ] 
Reply to topic
 Auspicious Heavenly Flowers 

Post Auspicious Heavenly Flowers
18 tiny rare white Udumbara flowers, said by the Buddhists to bloom only every 3,000 years, have been discovered by a nun in China, growing under her washing machine. The plants are so delicate and tiny, they might easily have been missed. In Sanskrit the name means "an auspicious flower from heaven". The flowers are apparently beautifully fragrant.

For me fragrance is always symbolic of a message sent from the 'ethers', almost as if the Eros Self, 'within as without', were speaking directly to us. How different is such a infinitismal discovery from other larger anomolous experiences of the numinous? If I were to associate, I would say this happening is akin to a message from the VNS. A bridge between worlds does exist, but it lies always in the 'subtle' realm (ie. 'in the dark'). Perhaps MLvF would laugh when she heard the news, since the presence of these tiny specimens uncovered from beneath a washing machine is highly symbolic -- it seems all our 'washing' of the 'problem' of integration is resulting in some good outcome! In this case it works because we have finally taken into account not just the unio mentalis aspect, but also the much missed and often misunderstood unio corporalis aspect, which Remo champions in his pioneering work (explaining for us too how MLvF and CG Jung themselves were, in their lifetimes, unable to untangle the hermetic predicament). As we take back our shadow projections, the hermetic seal opens, or so it does seem this little miracle occurence is 'saying'. Glimpses of the wonders that integration of eros consciousness can bestow may begin to pop up all around us in the days to come, perhaps in little actual 'incarnations' such as this one, not just in our dreams and our visions!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... chine.html

best wishes to all,
Kristin

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 am

Post Re: Auspicious Heavenly Flowers
Kristin,

ICE FLOWERS?
Do you know what those flowers are growing up out of? When I look the the image it looks like ice - a strange ice flower? I guess it is spilled water under the washing machine that froze - certainly a possibility given this is the Lushan Mountain region of the Jiangxi province in China - where I see the temperature certainly reaches freezing levels.

Gregory

PS Your post time of 10:11 has a personal connection for me - it's the month and day of my birthday!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Post Lacewing Eggs?
From the Irregular Times:

Quote:
It is being reported that a Buddhist nun has found little udumbara flowers growing underneath her washing machine. According to what is written in lore, that would be a sign of great fortune to the world, and perhaps even a sign of the coming of a new Buddha.

In the world beyond what’s written, people may wonder how a flower can grow underneath a washing machine. The obvious answer is that it can’t. Flowers need light and soil to grow. What that nun found under her washing machine was almost certainly a set of lacewing eggs, which are laid at the end of strong filaments, leading the imaginative to see them as tiny white flowers.

There is such a thing as an udumbara flower, actually. It grows on a fig tree, Ficus racemosa. It’s very small, so it’s hard to see, but the flowers do appear every year.

Buddhist literalists will insist that’s wrong, and that the udumbara flower appears only once every 3,000 years. How would anyone know that, though, given that writing itself is only a few thousand years old, and reliable calendars have not been kept for that long? The udumbara flower is said to have flowered at the time of the birth of Siddhartha Guatama, more than 2,500 years ago. Is there any record of botanical details, such as rates of fig tree flowering, dating from 5,500 years ago?

Besides, the recent historical record shows that well-publicized sightings of udumbara flowers take place every few years. There’s a photograph of some from 2008. There were sightings of udumbara flowers in Korea in 2007. Udumbara flowers on a Buddhist statue were found on 2005. Another recent sighting of the flowers was in 1997.

If the udumbara flowers are so rare, coming into our plane of existence only once in 3,000 years, how come people keep on seeing them so often? Is it because of a warp in the fabric of spacetime?

Followed by comments:

Quote:
Dr. Douglas Yanega says:
3/4/2010 at 12:07 pm

Two notes: (1) Those *are* lacewing eggs under the washing machine. They have hatched, and the eggshell burst, making them look like small flowers. (2) The flowers of Ficus racemosa are not hard to see because they’re small, but because – as in all figs – the flowers are hidden from view on the INSIDE of the fruit.
F.G. Fitzer says:
3/4/2010 at 12:42 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Dr. Yanega. That makes for nice symbolism. The flowers are fertilized by what… burrowing wasps?
Dr. Douglas Yanega says:
3/4/2010 at 1:08 pm

Yes, there are several lineages of wasps that have evolved along with the figs, in an obligate pollination syndrome; aside from those figs that are self-fertile, all figs can only be pollinated by these wasps, and the wasps in turn cannot complete their life cycles without the figs. There are many species of figs, and even more species of these wasps. A fair number of the relationships are species-specific (a single wasp matched to a single fig), though in most cases a single fig species will host several different wasps (the wasps, however, rarely visit more than one species of fig). The female wasps do not “burrow”, but squeeze through the aperture of the unripe fig, pollinate the flowers inside and lay eggs in the developing seeds. After the larvae reach adulthood, the wingless sons will dig exit holes in the ripe fig, through which the winged daughters will escape, carrying pollen to another fig to continue the cycle.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 am

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 am

I have the same feelings as to the reconciliation of the eros and logos view of the flowers/eggs.

Will you please post an image of your silver egg?

Thank you,
Michael

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 am

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Post Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
Gregory Sova wrote:
PS Your post time of 10:11 has a personal connection for me - it's the month and day of my birthday!

Hi Gregory, all,

I was in the midst of deciding whether or not to post this when I logged into the forum. I noticed at the top it says:
Quote:
You last visited on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:11 pm

So, I guess this is a confirmation for me to post.

I was talking to my dad this past weekend about a great essay I had recently read about Science Fiction novels. I haven't read too many myself, but this essay makes me want to delve into some of these intriguing plots:

Myths of Inner and Outer Space: Science Fiction and the Quest for Transcendence

During the discussion of Sci-Fi, I had my dad pull out a few Phillip K. Dick books he has read lately.
Reading the back cover of one, Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said, I noticed the date of October 11 and was instantly reminded of you posting this P.S. about the timestamp of Kristin's original topic post.

Quote:
Plot Summary:
On October 11 the television star Jason Taverner is so famous that 30 million viewers eagerly watch his prime-time show. On October 12 Jason Taverner is not a has-been but a never-was -- a man who has lost not only his audience but all proof of his existence. And in the claustrophobic betrayal state of Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said, loss of proof is synonymous with loss of life.

Taverner races to solve the riddle of his disappearance", immerses us in a horribly plausible Philip K. Dick United States in which everyone -- from a waiflike forger of identity cards to a surgically altered pleasure -- informs on everyone else, a world in which omniscient police have something to hide. His bleakly beautiful novel bores into the deepest bedrock self and plants a stick of dynamite at its center.

P.S. The site containing the essay contains many similar ideas concerning the movement toward a more "erocentric" (as the site's author puts it) worldview. More of her writings: here!

P.P.S. Plot Summary = P.S. // Policeman Said = P.S.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 am

Thank you, Jan. That is a great speech that Dick gave. It ties in very nicely with the sci-fi essay I linked in my earlier post.

By the way, those spheres are groovy! :shock:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

Last edited by Gone on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Post the task of the bard
dear Jan, ,

The video you posted of Sting singing the wonderful Dowland song "Flow My Tears" is intensely soothing, and beautifully inspiring, just as the discussion that is embedded in the video, with Sting himself present, points out so well. Sting is the Bard who processes the archetypal collective 'melancholia' for us here, through his 'belly/heart/mind' brain working in harmonic unison, such that also for us, tears fall, but in them exactly lies some relief. Tears bring collective and personal redemption in this sense, perhaps what one might even say is a redemption 'from' gravity, gravity both literally speaking, as a force, and 'gravity' or 'gravitas', the seriousness of being alive (speaking here from a hermetic mystical, not symbolically Catholic per se, persepective).

Next, I couldn't help but fuse the energies I felt while listening to the Modest Mouse song "Gravity Rides Everything" with the Sting version of the old Dowland tune, it just came naturally after listening to both of them, as you can tell. I love that Modest Mouse song, it reminds me of the great Perry Farrell (formerly of the band "Jane's Addiction"), of the profound spiritual but also the vegetative matter-of-fact sensibilities Perry Farrell, puts into all of his efforts. He is really one amazing Bard, not to mention the efforts of Modest Mouse. The co-creative energy is so palpable in the work of these artists, the outcome feels 'effortless',since one 'knows' that they channel or ride the frequencies, the flow, which brings this art into being for all to enjoy and contemplate. I feel their 'work' with the WS instinctively when I listen to such songs. Truly I feel moved. Thus the song "Gravity Rides Everything" put me in cleansing tears, whereas in comparison the Dowland song "Flow My Tears" had me feeling more and more deeply released, with only a hint of 'rain'. I can only account for this by the fact that the accompanying video to the Modest Mouse tune was so very 'earthly' and thus sentimental for me, with pictures that bring 'memories' of life on this earth, in such a way that we are moved to see ourselves in bas relief, all of our efforts seeming now so (bitter)sweet, in a sense, as we set up our humble 'home' here for a time (the trailer homes are like our bodies, moveable 'subtle' sheaths, that one day must be traded in for something beyond this 3rd dimensional life...). The airplanes are viewed 'going backwards', which says indeed that 'time' does not really exist, and that, as the song goes, we merely for awhile row our 'boats' (our moveable homes, the physical body) "merrily, merrily, merrily" down the stream, knowing in the deepes sense that this "life is but a dream"...

All of this imagery and frequency of sound goes so well with the non-analytic approach to life and living that we are surfing here. "FLOW" does seem to be the operative 'instinct' here, which goes so well with your "Aquarian Mill". Just letting the river flow, letting the music take us...

best to all,
Kristin

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Post another p.s!
As I turned my ambient radio channel on again after posting, I noticed that the song title playing was "QUIET RAIN".

Speaking of 'the flow', and the gentle freedom of tears!

Just another 'aha' moment on the road today, the train tracks that meet at the horizon line somewhere 'ahead'...

:)

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]